Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Three Iraqi government officials were assassinated

http://www.cnn.com/2...dex.html?hpt=T2

Baghdad (CNN) -- Three Iraqi government officials were assassinated by gunmen using pistols equipped with silencers in separate neighborhoods in the capital Saturday, officials with the Interior Ministry said.

Yousif Abdullatif, a Defense Ministry employee, was shot dead in the al-Jadriya neighborhood in central Baghdad, officials said.

Director General of the Iraqi Taxes Committee Foad Fadhel was killed in the al-Jamia neighborhood in western Baghdad, they said.

Mohammed Qassim, an officer working at the Iraqi National Intelligence Service, was shot dead by gunmen in the Mansour neighborhood in western Baghdad, the officials said.

Separately, in the Saydiya neighborhood in southwestern Baghdad, a sticky bomb attached to a civilian vehicle exploded, wounding two people inside the car.

Government figures show the death toll in Iraq has been rising.

In March, 247 Iraqis were killed, up from 197 people in February. Another 370 people were wounded in March.

Overall, violence in Iraq has dropped dramatically since the peak of the sectarian violence between 2005 and 2007, but mortar attacks, bombs and assassinations are still commonplace.

• Upvote 2

http://www.cnn.com/2...dex.html?hpt=T2

Baghdad (CNN) -- Three Iraqi government officials were assassinated by gunmen using pistols equipped with silencers in separate neighborhoods in the capital Saturday, officials with the Interior Ministry said.

Yousif Abdullatif, a Defense Ministry employee, was shot dead in the al-Jadriya neighborhood in central Baghdad, officials said.

Director General of the Iraqi Taxes Committee Foad Fadhel was killed in the al-Jamia neighborhood in western Baghdad, they said.

Mohammed Qassim, an officer working at the Iraqi National Intelligence Service, was shot dead by gunmen in the Mansour neighborhood in western Baghdad, the officials said.

Separately, in the Saydiya neighborhood in southwestern Baghdad, a sticky bomb attached to a civilian vehicle exploded, wounding two people inside the car.

Government figures show the death toll in Iraq has been rising.

In March, 247 Iraqis were killed, up from 197 people in February. Another 370 people were wounded in March.

Overall, violence in Iraq has dropped dramatically since the peak of the sectarian violence between 2005 and 2007, but mortar attacks, bombs and assassinations are still commonplace.

who's backing these peeps,i've always said you need to cut the head of the snake off!!! we all know what country that is...........dont make me say it

Edited by Dogma

Canada?

I get back here after almost a week away and this is the best you have?

I hope this was a feeble attempt at humor, although it displays zero tact. You can't possibly be a real American. This comment makes me sick.

Try Iran, and buy an education from a finishing school...if you know what that is. :angry:

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 9

Canada?

Geez ... you got someone's shorts in a twist, eh?

Well, I am a Canadian, and I found it funny, very funny. We take the butt of jokes from Americans all the time and it isn't a bad thing. We make you guys the butt of our jokes too.

Note to all and any who feel they are insulted for the sake of Canadians, or feel the need to defend us ... thanks but no thanks. If we feel insulted we will say it. Perhaps some Canadians are, and if they read this they will counter it. But me, I found it hilarious!

Thanks for the post and the Canada comment

:)

smee2

I hope this was a feeble attempt at humor, although it displays zero tact. You can't possibly be a real American. This comment makes me sick.

Try Iran, and buy an education from a finishing school...if you know what that is. :angry:

Try lightening up. Your time away didn't do much good if the first thing you have to complain about is this. It is funny. I am a Canadian. I have a good sense of humour and a good sense of who I am as a Canadian. No insult was intended. You missed that. It was a joke. I got it. It is funny!

:)

smee2

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Try Iran, and buy an education from a finishing school...if you know what that is. angry.gif

haha you must have had a sh%$% time on your vacation. Relax it was only a joke we all know Iran is behind it but i found it funny he said canada haha.

• Downvote 1

RV & people wont die...

Dont RV & heads will roll.

Short, sweet, and quite possibly accurate. The Iraqi people have been speaking their discontent. Their anger will only get worse..and it will be directed at Maliki. Doesn't Maliki understand that the RV will happen with or without him? "What...we have here.....is failure...to communicate."

Short, sweet, and quite possibly accurate. The Iraqi people have been speaking their discontent. Their anger will only get worse..and it will be directed at Maliki. Doesn't Maliki understand that the RV will happen with or without him? "What...we have here.....is failure...to communicate."

LMAO! Good one. Seriously though this is NOT good and it makes one wonder if maybe Maliki.........or.........Iran is doing this? Dunno. Peace.

Ya know, I'm sitting here reading this terrible, terrible article about 3 people being shot....

...and laughing like a crazy person.

You guys are too much!

...maybe I'm a Canadian :D

Unfortunately, these probably won't be the last; RV or no RV.

Some folks there are realizing that there may actually be promise for a democracy, and it is so foreign a concept to them that they have to " go native".

Factions are coming to the realization that they may not be able to "rule" any longer.

Power structures are being threatened, political machinery sees wrenches coming for the gears.

Killing the competition seems to be the age- old solution.

Some factions are just more efficient than others.

My only hope is that there is a RV before either (or both) of two possibilities evolve; the Iraqi government disintegrates of the USD devalues..

It will take generations before the accepted lifestyle decisions of today evolve to the point of our concept of civilization.

By the same token, we are equally unprepared to face loss of the USD as the world's reserve currency and the resulting changes in our lifestyle.

Yeah you need to chill. Go back to vacation, you need it! It clearly wasn't canada, but what's wrong with a joke. Lighten up.

So you can judge that I'm not a real American based on my one word answer?

"Try Iran", Ha, isn't that quite obvious? Do you really think you enlightened anyone? We all knew the answer. Relax.

Finishing school? You think I need finishing school based on my one word answer? Wow. I like to think a MBA and Engineering degree more than qualify as decent education.

Nice to see everyone else is at least light hearted :D

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1