Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

5/3 PITTSBURGH NOT SELLING

FOUNDIT

And they still wouldn't sell? great! game, set, match.

At 1st she stated that they would only sell to customers that were traveling to Iraq, I then told her that I was a customer and would be traveling. SO, how much could I buy??? She then just said, Oh, I'm sorry, we are not selling any dinar to anyone now as of yesterday. I do have other currencies I can sell but not the dinar. her name way xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.....in Nashville, Tn.

Edited by Dogmatic1
No names and phone numbers! Please!

I called to order this morning and they are not selling anymore. The lady said they stopped because people were using it as an investment vehicle. Not really sure what that meant.

I wonder if FifthThird isn't selling, are they still going to buy back??

Supposedly, this is to protect the banks from being sued from fraud and scams. At least that's what the "big guns" are telling us.

They are a few years and many dinars too late for that, right??

Edited by one4dinar

Hello everyone. This is my very first post. I have been watching these forums for over a month and have learned a lot of valuable information from all of you. We have purchased through Dinar Banker. Wire transfers always went to 5/3rd bank. I pulled up Dinar Bankers website to find this notice.

TEMPORARY NOTICE: Wire payments will only be available for layaway orders of 5 million or more and Regular Orders of 2 million or more. Layaway Orders under 5 million or Regular Orders under 2 Million will need to pay through mail payment or COD. This is a temporary issue as we transition our wire capabilities to a new bank. We expect to have full wire capability within 2 weeks

I found this to be interesting...

To quote many others.... GO RV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I wonder if FifthThird isn't selling, are they still going to buy back??

There is profit to be made, so......

But, the banks have to set up central verification location(s), currency has to be receipted, then transported to be verified, then approved for cash in.

At least, that is the way it was explained to me by one of the local bank managers, and verified by the manager of another bank...

Has anyone thought that 5th/3rd may be holding for obvious profits that they believe are imminent?

You don't just stop selling something all at once when you have this many outlets without keeping

some inventory. :D

Great news and Cheers!! :)

• Upvote 1

good GRIEF this does NOT say RV to me at all folks, just to toss the other side of the coin in ... it sounds to me like they are done paying for other peoples investments (if indeed they were paying $15 per transaction as someone noted above and not passing that cost on) and they have made the executive decision to get out.... one of their own auditors probably caught it.

I bet it doesn't matter if you're traveling to Iraq for ANY reason period ... what would be the percentage of their customers interested in making that trip (last I checked approx $7000 round trip) anyway? Major airports have currency change counters and frankly, how many do you need to go there right now? That, and I do believe that USD is used fairly widely among for instance, auto merchants.

Just trying to find reality in this mess of a thread. lol

pvS

oh yes, and I must add the obligatory .... "TIJMO" :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

I ordered 200,000 IQD on monday the 18th and still have not recieved them. I called 5/3 in Clearwater, Fl. today and verified that they were told this morning that they were no longer to sell IQD and were not given any explanation (which I wouldn't expect), but did assure me that my order would be filled and not to worry.

Just one caveat...it only took 24-48 hrs to have to order filled in the past......... I like it.

:D:D

Edited by jbird129

good GRIEF this does NOT say RV to me at all folks, just to toss the other side of the coin in ... it sounds to me like they are done paying for other peoples investments (if indeed they were paying $15 per transaction as someone noted above and not passing that cost on) and they have made the executive decision to get out.... one of their own auditors probably caught it.

I bet it doesn't matter if you're traveling to Iraq for ANY reason period ... what would be the percentage of their customers interested in making that trip (last I checked approx $7000 round trip) anyway? Major airports have currency change counters and frankly, how many do you need to go there right now? That, and I do believe that USD is used fairly widely among for instance, auto merchants.

Just trying to find reality in this mess of a thread. lol

pvS

oh yes, and I must add the obligatory .... "TIJMO" :)

They weren't losing money on these transactions. Good Grief

• Upvote 2

I just taked to my cousin who is also invested in the Dinar to call his 5/3rd bank in NC...same thing 'we aren't selling Dinar anymore". The teller told him the closet place for him to cash his Dinar would be Atlanta, which I thought was pretty far for him. I want to call other banks here in Florida just to see what they are up to, but I can't remember from prior posts, what other banks here in Florida were selling Dinars??

TD Bank here in Florida is where we my husband got Dinar . He called them this morning and she stated that she thinks they can still sell it. She said we will have to start process and see if it goes through. But he called around 10:00 am.

Edited by redhotbean

We can only speculate and find it interesting. What I find interesting, is that they've been selling it for years so one would have to wonder what the deal is there. It had to have been obvious people were purchasing it for speculative reasons.. Not like that many people were traveling to Iraq and needed the currency.

Their supply line may be tightening up.

I don't know why they would worry about people purchasing it for speculative reasons as they charge their own fee upon all purchases.

They were likely making some good profits by offering the service.

But, they could possibly find that many people who were purchasing were confused or annoying customers who added more grief to the staff than what the profits from the fee were worth.

CALLED IN 5/3 BANK SHADYSIDE PITTSBURGH, PA. NOT SELLING ANYMORE AS OF TODAY!!! <YES THEY ARE OPEN TODAY..CALL THEM IF YOU LIKE!!>>>CLAIMED REASON BEHIND IT WAS PEOPLE USING SERVICE AS AN INVESTMENT..........IM NOT BUYING THAT.....THEY WOULD GET 5-15 SERVICE CHARGED BASED ON HOW MUCH YOU BOUGHT...BANK MAKES MONEY ON YOUR PURCHASE..DONT SEE REASON WHY THEY WOULDNT WANT THAT MONEY!!!!! PLUS HEARD RUMOR POSTED ON DINAR VETS ABOUT DEALERS CANT PURCHASE AT DENVER INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.....SAID UNLESS YOU HAVE BOARDING PASS TO IRAQ, THEY CANT SELL TO YOU.............

THIS IS MONUMENTAL HERE..EITHER WE HAVE A GOOD INVESTMENT OR WE SELL BACK AND TAKE SMALL LOSE AND USE WHATS LEFT ON POWERBALL OR MEGA MILLION TICKETS!!!!! :huh::D

• Upvote 1

I JUST WENT TO MY 5/3RD HERE IN PETOSKEY MI. WAS TOLD THE SAME EXACT THING ABOUT THE ABUSE FROM CUSTOMERS USING IT AS A INVESTMENT VECHICKLE. WHILE THE TELLER WAS READING ME THE NOTICE THEY RECIEVED, I'M THINKING IN MY MIND BS!! WHY AFTER ALL THIS TIME NOW WOULD THEY STOP SALES OF THE DINAR. IT DID'NT MAKE SENSE. AND WHY WOULD THEY GIVE A HOOT WHAT WE CHOOSE TO INVEST IN. THAT'S OUR BUSINESS. I DID ASK HER ABOUT BEING ABLE TO CASH IN. AND SHE REPLIED THAT FROM THE WORDING OF THE NOTICATION THEY GOT, THAT IT DID'NT SEEM LIKE IT. BUT THERE WAS A NUMBER THEY COULD CALL FOR ANY FURTHER INFORMATION. SO I ASKED HER TO CALL, AFTER ABOUT 4 MI NUTES OF GOING THROUGH THE PRES THIS NUMBER FOR THIS REASON, RUBBISH SHE SAID THERE WAS NOTHING ON THE OTHER END. NO DIAL TONE OR ANYTHING. WE KINDA MARKED IT UP AS MAYBE THEY HAVE'NT GOT THE PHONE LINES UP YET.

BUT IMO I THINK THE LINE ABOUT ABUSE OF ORDERING FOR INVESTMENT REASONS IS NOTHING BUT SMOKE AND MIRRORS- FOR WHAT'S ABOUT TO HAPPEN. THEY REALLY CAN'T COME RIGHT OUT AND SAY THE TRUTH CAN THEY :)

• Upvote 2

Just got off the phone with Andrew at 5th/3rd in Ft Lauderdale, Fl where I have purchased several million IQD in the last few months. He told me they are no longer able to sell IQD as of 4/21/11. When I asked him why 5th/3rd stopped selling? He replied, The memo made reference to the fact that speculators were purchasing the IQD as an investment. 5th/3rd Corporate Office had recently been made aware of this fact. There policy of selling the IQD in the past was only for people that were traveling to Iraq.

Another thought concerning an rv this weekend..and I know this is off post, but think about this....the markets are closed because of the holiday! Im not a professional investor, but it seems that everything going on, and with the markets being closed....could Iraq possibility slip this in on us during this time when we expect it the least? Just a thought! I guess this should be in another section of forum...sorry!

Not being overly critical here, but there's all this activity around getting a TEXT, and knowing the moment it RVs so we can all RUSH somewhere and do something like cash in, hide behind a lawyer, fly to Belize....Jeeez guys and gals. Take a break and look at the big picture. There is plenty of time to wait and see how things transpire. Maybe the rate will go up even more. Why rush? You can cash in at any time.

Here's another thought - Someone might charter a boat from Miami to Bahamas with your dinar (or declare it and fly if under 10K USD worth) and deposit in a free bank in the Bahamas. Then post RV - go cash in and wire anywhere in the world, unknown to Treasury Dept. and IRS. Just hypothetical of course. I wouldn't do that.