Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

5/3 PITTSBURGH NOT SELLING

FOUNDIT

It concerns me how many people are buying the dinar and how it can affect all investors... It may not have a big effect in comparison to the countries that hold large shares. However, it's still a concern on how it will affect how the RV may be executed.

5/3 in Michigan confirmed that they stopped selling it today

Could be that too many people are buying them and it has become too much hassle to handle it. All it takes is one of the big wigs to get too many complaints funneled up from the branches before they start weighing the cost vs the benefit. On the flip side, as previously stated, they may have some insider information that has prompted them to hold onto their dinar.

Same here, a branch in Cranberry, Pa.. Same story line going on. We are no longer selling Dinars because as the tell says it is taking away from our customers that travel...hmm I said, strange whats the difference between if I am going to travel or I want it as investment? No reply! She did however say they are waiting to see if they are still going to be able to cash in the dinar. :twocents:

They weren't losing money on these transactions. Good Grief

No they definately were not losing money...500,000 dinar cost 537 and if you purchased less than 250,000 they charged 10 and as of last week it went to minimum 350...They didn't loose a dime they made dinar off of every transaction. If the rate is 1170 i should have gotten 585,000 for every 500 not and even 500,000...Not an opinion...fact..

• Upvote 3

Just got off the phone with Andrew at 5th/3rd in Ft Lauderdale, Fl where I have purchased several million IQD in the last few months. He told me they are no longer able to sell IQD as of 4/21/11. When I asked him why 5th/3rd stopped selling? He replied, The memo made reference to the fact that speculators were purchasing the IQD as an investment. 5th/3rd Corporate Office had recently been made aware of this fact. There policy of selling the IQD in the past was only for people that were traveling to Iraq.

This makes no sense.....Bush signed presidential order allowing US citizens to purchase IQD for investment purposes. Bank can't just make thier own rules up to the contrary???????/

• Upvote 2

This makes no sense.....Bush signed presidential order allowing US citizens to purchase IQD for investment purposes. Bank can't just make thier own rules up to the contrary???????/

Bush made it ok but the bank does have the right to sell or not sell ...

Bush made it ok but the bank does have the right to sell or not sell ... Right of refusal

Why not?

Can't they set their own policies?

I'm not really sure this actually means anything other than a change in policy at the bank. Has anyone seen the memo? Who's it from... Corporate? Or someone higher up? All Banks... or just 53rd?

Online currency traders are still selling, spoke with three of them this morning. Difference is, that's their business, currency speculation. No so for the banks, liability and all. Probably some (or too many) excited dinarian(s) went to their bank managers to set up their 'private accounts' prematurely, so the bank is taking precautions, probably under advise of their attorneys... IMHO

good GRIEF this does NOT say RV to me at all folks, just to toss the other side of the coin in ... it sounds to me like they are done paying for other peoples investments (if indeed they were paying $15 per transaction as someone noted above and not passing that cost on) and they gabe made the executive decision to get out.... one of their own auditors probably caught it.

I bet it doesn't matter if you're traveling to Iraq for ANY reason period ... what would be the percentage of their customers interested in making that trip (last I checked approx $7000 round trip) anyway? Major airports have currency change counters and frankly, how many do you need to go there right now? That, and I do believe that USD is used fairly widely among for instance, auto merchants.

Just trying to find reality in this mess of a thread. lol

pvS

oh yes, and I must add the obligatory .... "TIJMO" :)

Currency exchanges at my international airport will not sell either...unless you have a ticket to Iraq!

• Upvote 1

I ordered 200,000 IQD on monday the 18th and still have not recieved them. I called 5/3 in Clearwater, Fl. today and verified that they were told this morning that they were no longer to sell IQD and were not given any explanation (which I wouldn't expect), but did assure me that my order would be filled and not to worry.

Just one caveat...it only took 24-48 hrs to have to order filled in the past......... I like it.

:D:D

I bought on 3 seperate occasions in Ga and it had to ordered every time. Always took about 2 weeks... 24/48 hrs is awesome turn around.

I ordered 200,000 IQD on monday the 18th and still have not recieved them. I called 5/3 in Clearwater, Fl. today and verified that they were told this morning that they were no longer to sell IQD and were not given any explanation (which I wouldn't expect), but did assure me that my order would be filled and not to worry.

Just one caveat...it only took 24-48 hrs to have to order filled in the past......... I like it.

:D:D

I bought on 3 seperate occasions in Ga and it had to ordered every time. Always took about 2 weeks... 24/48 hrs is awesome turn around.

Are there any other banks besides 5/3 that sell?

What was 5/3 thinking when people were buying millions of dinar every day? Did they think there was some tourism boost in Iraq and everyone was going to visit and take pictures?

If they were smart, 5/3 would just charge more for a fee and that would either keep people out of the bank asking about it or the bank would make tons of money in fees.

Who is "they" telling 5/3 to stop selling? President of 5/3? Government? Iraq? Charlie Sheen?

I think this means something and time will tell what it all means to us investors...or to 5/3, tourists.