Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Are we like this Woman

Yesterday, I became so angry after seeing an episode of Pawn Stars - If you haven't seen it, it is a cool show. People bring in the oddest things and try to pawn them. Yesterday, this middle aged woman came in with a broach in the shape of a spider. The owner (star of the show) took care of her. He was amazed. It was an old Faberge piece, filled with diamonds, rubies. It was gorgeous. He asked what she wanted for it. She replied $2,000. The owner answered, I would like to pay you $2000, but I couldn't live with myself. He offerred her $15,000 - an honorable person to say the least. She was amazed, but then said something that floored me. Remember, she wanted $2,000. She said, "Well, if you are willing to give me $15,000, you would probably give me $17,000". The Pawn Star dude was flabbergasted. No, $15,000 was the price. She said okay, but showed no emotion or any thanks for not being ripped off of $13,000 without even knowing it. I found her totally disgusting.

My point: Who are we? Right now, we do not know what this investment is going to bring us, but I am assuming it will be a return that will change our lives. Like in the movie, "The Candidate" Robert Redford (my look alike) wins the election and is now a senator. The movie ends with the line, "Now, what do we do." So, I wonder, are we like this woman that received a windfall from what she thought was a trinket and then tried to pay back kindness with greed, or will we really take our new found wealth and be a blessing to others. You may or may not believe in a higher power - but, when it is time for you to "shuffle off this mortal coil" - how will YOU feel about yourself. Will you be proud. Will there be a hole left in the world because you are gone, or will you be buried in a lonely crypt like Scrooge. Now, don't start calling me a pumper for "The Pawn Star" show. I believe the RV is our destiny. We will achieve the ultimate victory - but that victory will not be in the ledger book we keep of our accounts - the victory will be measured by the simple question. "Did we make a difference, change someone's life, nourish and sustain children.?" This could be so cool. Don't muck it up.

• Upvote 11

unbelievable!!! and for two reasons... normally no matter what the offer the guy mainly beats them down a few hundred bucks if he is gunna make money on it in the first place or not. but wow you're right... a guy just prevented you from ripping YOURSELF off and you spit in his face!? i would have said alright to hell with it ill give you $1000 dollars for that now.... you make some excellent points though i will be happy if my million dinar makes me a couple hundred bucks or a couple million. more money than i woke up with yesterday is all i gotta say.

Yesterday, I became so angry after seeing an episode of Pawn Stars - If you haven't seen it, it is a cool show. People bring in the oddest things and try to pawn them. Yesterday, this middle aged woman came in with a broach in the shape of a spider. The owner (star of the show) took care of her. He was amazed. It was an old Faberge piece, filled with diamonds, rubies. It was gorgeous. He asked what she wanted for it. She replied $2,000. The owner answered, I would like to pay you $2000, but I couldn't live with myself. He offerred her $15,000 - an honorable person to say the least. She was amazed, but then said something that floored me. Remember, she wanted $2,000. She said, "Well, if you are willing to give me $15,000, you would probably give me $17,000". The Pawn Star dude was flabbergasted. No, $15,000 was the price. She said okay, but showed no emotion or any thanks for not being ripped off of $13,000 without even knowing it. I found her totally disgusting.

My point: Who are we? Right now, we do not know what this investment is going to bring us, but I am assuming it will be a return that will change our lives. Like in the movie, "The Candidate" Robert Redford (my look alike) wins the election and is now a senator. The movie ends with the line, "Now, what do we do." So, I wonder, are we like this woman that received a windfall from what she thought was a trinket and then tried to pay back kindness with greed, or will we really take our new found wealth and be a blessing to others. You may or may not believe in a higher power - but, when it is time for you to "shuffle off this mortal coil" - how will YOU feel about yourself. Will you be proud. Will there be a hole left in the world because you are gone, or will you be buried in a lonely crypt like Scrooge. Now, don't start calling me a pumper for "The Pawn Star" show. I believe the RV is our destiny. We will achieve the ultimate victory - but that victory will not be in the ledger book we keep of our accounts - the victory will be measured by the simple question. "Did we make a difference, change someone's life, nourish and sustain children.?" This could be so cool. Don't muck it up.

I'm visiting Las Vegas and I think I'll go over to this pawn shop and see how much they will give me for 50000 dinars :lol:

Are we really going to resort to STAGED Reality Shows to climb higher on the proverbial "moral horse"???

I don't think she was being a greedy pig, nor do I think he was being the neighborhood savior with his large offer......he KNEW that if he ripped her off on a Fake Natl TV show that he would get some SERIOUS negative feedback...

Do you for one minute think that had the cameras not been whirling that he would have upped the offer by 12K?????

A pawn broker.....going to offer a person all that extra money....

Puhhleez :rolleyes:

A better comparison about greed is the "dinar investors" who scream they will TAKE NO LESS than 3 MILLION Dollars for their little 1K they put in....talk about greed :lol: :lol: :lol:

Slade, you are missing the point. Maybe the whole thing was staging. The best movies of all time leave us crying, but they are only theatrical. The point is that as a nation, we have become greedy. Have you ever been in a traffic jam where one lane is blocked ahead. Everyone can see that lane is blocked and they will have to cut in even though they are back in the pack. Seems like a minor issue, but these people are just trying to ace out the people who are waiting in their lane, thus the traffic jam becomes more pronounced. When I see this, I block out the lane that will be impassable, so that nobody can cut in. Some ass holes go nuts, others give me the thumbs up. We can't keep cutting people off to our benefit - my whole point.

Are we really going to resort to STAGED Reality Shows to climb higher on the proverbial "moral horse"???

I don't think she was being a greedy pig, nor do I think he was being the neighborhood savior with his large offer......he KNEW that if he ripped her off on a Fake Natl TV show that he would get some SERIOUS negative feedback...

Do you for one minute think that had the cameras not been whirling that he would have upped the offer by 12K?????

A pawn broker.....going to offer a person all that extra money....

Puhhleez :rolleyes:

A better comparison about greed is the "dinar investors" who scream they will TAKE NO LESS than 3 MILLION Dollars for their little 1K they put in....talk about greed :lol: :lol: :lol:

Slade sometimes you annoy me but then other times you are right on. I couldn't agree with you more on this one. TV shows are scripted and edited to make the hosts look good. And I don't think people are any greedier or more self-centered today than when I was a kid half a century ago.

• Upvote 1

Slade sometimes you annoy me but then other times you are right on. I couldn't agree with you more on this one. TV shows are scripted and edited to make the hosts look good. And I don't think people are any greedier or more self-centered today than when I was a kid half a century ago.

a half century ago? Got you. You don't look like you are 50. I think we may have another pumper here.