Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

stop trying to compair

kr88zy

how do these people keep trying to compair whats going on in iraq with any other country..this whole situ. is a first of its kind...please tell me what country has gone thru what iraq has in the past 20 years.....anyone ...no didnt think so...this will be in history books around the globe one day of how iraq won its freedom..hummm...sounds like a simular story that happenend a little over 200 years ago..sound familar...we the united states of america fought for our freedom too@the whole thing would not have happend without help also...look at who helped us and how they were rewarded... ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The comparison to Turkey comes from the news reports such as this one: . Saleh was quoted in the last line of that report comparing what they are trying to do to what Turkey did when they removed 6 zeroes from their currency.

• Upvote 1

how do these people keep trying to compair whats going on in iraq with any other country..this whole situ. is a first of its kind...please tell me what country has gone thru what iraq has in the past 20 years.....anyone ...no didnt think so...this will be in history books around the globe one day of how iraq won its freedom..hummm...sounds like a simular story that happenend a little over 200 years ago..sound familar...we the united states of america fought for our freedom too@the whole thing would not have happend without help also...look at who helped us and how they were rewarded... ;)

Thank you for your post..you are absolutely right, there can be no comparison. How about adding one of the world's most richest countries in the world with natural resources, on top of their freedom. I hope that the people see some reforms in their favor. We are the most fortunate of countries though, let's hope we never see another war on "our soil" again.

i understand that...ive heard over and over ,but fact remains its still a diff situ

Different situation? Absolutely.

Having said that, ignoring all other similar events historically in analyzing the options & likelihood of what Iraq will do is silly at best, and dangerously ignorant at worst.

Iraq will do what they think is best for Iraq. If the rest of us benefit from that, great. That's why I'm this.

I would also argue that those who are pushing buttons, or <insert your equivalent analogy of choice here> have studied other countries choices when going through similar circumstances to see how they can learn from what went wrong with Option A/B/C, and ensure the choice they end up making results in maximum benefits from Option A/B/C for Iraq.

So I don't think it's bad for us to study, examine & debate those same cases and their outcomes.

Edited by KingGebus

Nobody is comparing them country vs country... They are comparing the monetary situation and using what Turkey,Venezuela,etc did to address their situations as a template for Iraq.

I glad to see that we have people here that are stewards of history and yes its happening just like that what happened 230 years in America so many similarities and even then the rest of the world at that time said that there was nothing their but savages and land and there so uncivilized

Look at us now think anybody ,(if they could have seen the future )would have changed their minds and tried to help besides the French

History has nothing but to repeat itself .

• Upvote 1

I glad to see that we have people here that are stewards of history and yes its happening just like that what happened 230 years in America so many similarities and even then the rest of the world at that time said that there was nothing their but savages and land and there so uncivilized

Look at us now think anybody ,(if they could have seen the future )would have changed their minds and tried to help besides the French

History has nothing but to repeat itself .

The French never helped you they were trying to help themselves.

Besides it wasnt a fair fight we (the British) wore bright red jackets and you hid behind trees with buffalo rifles it really wasnt cricket.

However you yanks have been trying to say sorry for the past 200 years. KEEP IT UP lol

:D:P

The French never helped you they were trying to help themselves.

Besides it wasnt a fair fight we (the British) wore bright red jackets and you hid behind trees with buffalo rifles it really wasnt cricket.

However you yanks have been trying to say sorry for the past 200 years. KEEP IT UP lol

:D:P

Whether the French were only doing it for themselves or not the US might not have existed without them. They served the purpose of the Navy in holding off the British.