Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

did i make a bad investment?

kr88zy

can yhis whole thing come out in the end as a lose? even a buck? this thing about 25k turning into 25$ is not good.cashing back in will take a loss at that method? please help...god bless america...god bless our troops...

I went to my bank where i bought my dinars from. Lloyds TSB, when i first bought my dinars, i asked them if i can take them back to exchange, they said yes.

I recently ( 2 days ago) went back into the same branch, and tried to get rid of my dinars as to be honest, i think its utter crap all this, and the people making money are the dealers (like anywhere).

Anyway, they said they cannot take in the dinars now, as it is not a tradeable currency. I'm not too bothered as i use to look at this site alot, and get hyped up about all the crap people where saying.

In my eyes, why would someone need a measily dinar investment anyway???? you should just get out there and work, if you have a brain, and can focus, then surely you can earn 10 times what your dinars are worth if they were to RV at said $3.68 etc, i know i can.

I see your a newbie, same here (to posting that is). Small hint, get rid of them to someone who is willing to buy them on here if you can, they are worth peanuts. My brothers, aunt's friends, sister in law's father's cousins, brother's niece of a friend at Uni in Iraqi, who is 'boots' on the ground in Iraqi told me.

Regards

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

can yhis whole thing come out in the end as a lose? even a buck? this thing about 25k turning into 25$ is not good.cashing back in will take a loss at that method? please help...god bless america...god bless our troops...

Here is the bottom line, this is a highly speculative investment at best, there are no gurantees. Yes you could lose every single penny you put into this, is it likely? NO

Do not invest what you cannot lose. Every thing else is just noise as far as excuses or answers you will receive. Think LONG TERM.

As in life very few things are guaranteed,and I think most know of what I speak. Those not afraid to lose take chances.If one is skeptical or unsure, speculative investing may not be a wise path to follow.Regardless of outcome I'm at peace with MY decision to participate.I wish everyone success with all that they choose................................GO RV 2011 BABY!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

Bad investment? Possibly, if you expected the dinar to go from $0.00086 to $3.22. But, if we measure it by any other standard, it will probably be considered a disaster by us owners of dinar if we only triple our money. All we could do then is buy a couple of those red washing machines. But, if it is still considered a failure and comes out as a mere $0.05 - each million you have is worth $50,000.

Show me anything on the stock exchange that can possibly make this kind of return. Show me anything on the stock exchange where the value of your stock should be no worse than 80%. Even IBM can drop to zero with the advent of new technology-like some computer implant in your brain.

For us dinarians "Bad" is a relative term. And, speaking of relatives - don't tell them everything when it RV's.

• Upvote 1

In my eyes, why would someone need a measily dinar investment anyway???? you should just get out there and work, if you have a brain, and can focus, then surely you can earn 10 times what your dinars are worth if they were to RV at said $3.68 etc, i know i can.

I see your a newbie, same here (to posting that is). Small hint, get rid of them to someone who is willing to buy them on here if you can, they are worth peanuts. My brothers, aunt's friends, sister in law's father's cousins, brother's niece of a friend at Uni in Iraqi, who is 'boots' on the ground in Iraqi told me.

Regards

Rupert, You've hung on this long and now your on here trying to give advice to new investors to get out. You sure will look silly if this thing even RV's at 1 cent.

I feel bad for you. Worst case scenario is you loose it all. That should have been in the back of your mind prior to investing.

Probably the 2nd worse scenario is LOP with 25k dinar work $25. Not a very big loss, but not what we want of course.

3rd worse would be LOP, re-denomination @ old rate of $2 and change to 1 Dinar. We double our money. Still not to bad. This scenario could get better if RV after LOP is higher.

Best scenario is a straight up RV at whatever rate they can realistically sustain, be that 10 cents or some rediculous amount like $10. This is what i believe will happen. Hopefully over a dollar per dinar!

My opinion is Iraq has so much potential to major investors that to RV to low would kill Iraq's growth expectations even before they got started. The world would literally strip their wealth away in short order and probably start a new civil war. Just look at the tin pot, oil rich dictators in Africa if you don't believe me. RV to high and you scare off those same investors. Just to expensive to operate!

Hang in there dude. It probably won't be long now!

Considering the scope of the rebuilding of Iraq and all they are attempting to do, with investors, European, Asian, Indian, South American, and "Overseas", on a very large scale, I sincerely doubt they consider several thousand people buying up Dinar to be serious overseas investors and worthy of any consideration whatsoever. Really, they are not aware of our investment, and don't care that we are sitting here waiting for an RV, and certainly are not concerned about whether of not we make any money. This is an investment that has been created as an opportunity not as an investment strategy. Iraq has nothing to do with what we are doing. If you went and asked Shabibi or Maliki about the overseas "investors" who are buying up their currency in hopes of making a buck, they would be asking for a better translation. And when they got it, they would laugh. We are less than a drop in the bucket for those guys.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you are an opportunistic "investor" just like the rest of us and of absolutely no great import or consideration to anyone in Iraq.

:)

smee2

I couldn't agree more!

We are just spectators here. The events unfolding here are global in their ramifications and will affect billions of people worldwide. It is quite the exciting ride whatever the outcome!

Great post!!!

• Upvote 2

I guess I'm kinda new to all this but how can they take a

25000 Dinar note, chop the 0's off and tell you that it now a

25 dinar note??

That would be the same thing as you going to the bank and cashing your

check of $500 and they hand you 5 one dollar bills instead of 5 $100 bills and

tell you that they decided to chop the 0's off.. Dosent make sense!!

My attorney has said to let them try, cause I have a bill of sale that

says that I purchased xxxx amount and that's what the dealer will

have to exchange.

If that worked, wouldn't people be doing that with the stock market?? Any investment has a chance for a loss!!

• Upvote 1

Considering the scope of the rebuilding of Iraq and all they are attempting to do, with investors, European, Asian, Indian, South American, and "Overseas", on a very large scale, I sincerely doubt they consider several thousand people buying up Dinar to be serious overseas investors and worthy of any consideration whatsoever. Really, they are not aware of our investment, and don't care that we are sitting here waiting for an RV, and certainly are not concerned about whether of not we make any money. This is an investment that has been created as an opportunity not as an investment strategy. Iraq has nothing to do with what we are doing. If you went and asked Shabibi or Maliki about the overseas "investors" who are buying up their currency in hopes of making a buck, they would be asking for a better translation. And when they got it, they would laugh. We are less than a drop in the bucket for those guys.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you are an opportunistic "investor" just like the rest of us and of absolutely no great import or consideration to anyone in Iraq.

smee2

I absolutely agree with you Smee, we are insignificant in the scheme of this. However, we the little private investors are grouped in with all the central banks of the world that hold IQD. Any and all IQD would be affected by any course of action they take.

• Upvote 2

25 dinar note??

have to exchange.

You have a lot to learn my friend. Start reading. ;)

First of all, did you invest more than you shoud have? If you invested properly you should be able to loose it all and still be able to go on with your life. Aad when you read the posts on any forum. keep in mind that 5% to 10% of what you read should be taken seriously. The other 90% 95% is usually just back fence gossip.

Don't give up the ship. And remember that most of us have asked ourselves the same question you just did. You're not alone.

Go RV Please!!!!

There is a lot to consider upon your speculative investment. As people exchange currency, there is a spread to consider where the exchange takes their cut. These are known as PIPs in the Forex world, or known as a spread in the banking world. For example, we see that the IQD currently has a buy rate of 1168 & a sell rate of 1170. A very tiny spread set by the CBI, but as the exchanging of currency happens in millions, they will make money as they exchange it. One of the reason(s) many people believe this could be a gradual investment that may end up being long-term.

Okay, so ask yourself this... Did you buy from a dealer such as DT or DB? Or did you simply purchase through a bank? Dealers offer faster delivery and possibly better customer service, but the mark-up % is higher. Banks offer better rates, but the currency may be circulated. Dealers are willing to buy-back the notes but a dealer like DT offers to seperate price per million based upon circulated notes & uncirculated notes.

The dealers have a pretty low buy-back, so if you felt like they were truly going to Re-denominate (Which many claim this is a break-even scenario) it may be worthy to sell off prior to this happning in a private sale.

This way, you would be able to sell at a price less than a dealer price & minimize your loss.

If a redenomination occurs, which is where your 25k IQD note is equal to a new redenominated 25 IQD note, some claim that as a break-even scenario. For the most part, it is somewhat true, especially to those that may have invested awhile ago. However, to some of the newer investors, they actually would take a loss as they decided to cash in. For example, if I am a new customer who purchases 1M for $1220, and the redenomination occurs, I may only get $860 or so upon cash in as we would use the equation 1000(IQD)x$0.86 (And that doesn't include the lower buy-back price from banks). Basically stating that out of your $1220 initial investment, you lost about $360 or more. Basically 30% of your initial investment is lost. For those that researched before purcashing, they may have pursued banks to acquire their IQD and paid a better price - which reduces the % of loss upon your initial investment. I regret not doing more in-depth research prior to making a purchase through dealers as I would have been able to either A) spend less out of pocket and have the same # of IQD or B) spend the same out of pocket & have acquired more IQD

The selling point is that dealers have the edge is fast delivery. With claims of continious imminent RVs, people may not feel comfortable spending $1,000 and finding out that the wait period is roughly 1 week out or so. This makes dealers a little more pleasing to customers. The customer also feels that paying the mark-up is worth the near next-day delivery. The other perspective is finding banks or currency exchange depots that exchange the IQD. They are becoming quite rare, even though the demand is likely still there. I believe many banks have opted out of the supply/exchange due to the increased baggage that came along with offering the services (such as badgering phone calls asking questions, non-bank customers paying fees just to order IQD, etc. etc.)

We can hope for the best... And in my opinion, anything that is a good to best-case scenario is anything from where come out ahead (even upon cash-out) to an actual RV that creates a windfall of wealth upon us.

But from my basic perception of this, is that regardless of what happens we are nearing the end and can soon start making decisions on our next steps to take.

This is my opinion and that is it, I dont see themm chopping off the 3 000's . I can however see them changing the denoms to smaller denoms after cash in, taking the larger denoms out of circulation, like we have been told. in a sence taking the $25000 to a $25. I have come to the conclusion that that is what redenomination is meaning. Taking out the $25000 and $10000 and puting into circulation $25 and $10.

25 dinar note??

have to exchange.

If, theoretically they chop 3 zeros off your $500, again THEORETICALLY, you enter your Bank with $500 and you come out of your Bank with 50 cents, not 5 bucks.

Edited by umbertino

I went to my bank where i bought my dinars from. Lloyds TSB, when i first bought my dinars, i asked them if i can take them back to exchange, they said yes.

I recently ( 2 days ago) went back into the same branch, and tried to get rid of my dinars as to be honest, i think its utter crap all this, and the people making money are the dealers (like anywhere).

Anyway, they said they cannot take in the dinars now, as it is not a tradeable currency. I'm not too bothered as i use to look at this site alot, and get hyped up about all the crap people where saying.

Regards

wow you sir are a moron and DO NOT know peoples situation get educated please.

There is a lot to consider upon your speculative investment. As people exchange currency, there is a spread to consider where the exchange takes their cut. These are known as PIPs in the Forex world, or known as a spread in the banking world. For example, we see that the IQD currently has a buy rate of 1168 & a sell rate of 1170. A very tiny spread set by the CBI, but as the exchanging of currency happens in millions, they will make money as they exchange it. One of the reason(s) many people believe this could be a gradual investment that may end up being long-term.

Okay, so ask yourself this... Did you buy from a dealer such as DT or DB? Or did you simply purchase through a bank? Dealers offer faster delivery and possibly better customer service, but the mark-up % is higher. Banks offer better rates, but the currency may be circulated. Dealers are willing to buy-back the notes but a dealer like DT offers to seperate price per million based upon circulated notes & uncirculated notes.

The dealers have a pretty low buy-back, so if you felt like they were truly going to Re-denominate (Which many claim this is a break-even scenario) it may be worthy to sell off prior to this happning in a private sale.

This way, you would be able to sell at a price less than a dealer price & minimize your loss.

If a redenomination occurs, which is where your 25k IQD note is equal to a new redenominated 25 IQD note, some claim that as a break-even scenario. For the most part, it is somewhat true, especially to those that may have invested awhile ago. However, to some of the newer investors, they actually would take a loss as they decided to cash in. For example, if I am a new customer who purchases 1M for $1220, and the redenomination occurs, I may only get $860 or so upon cash in as we would use the equation 1000(IQD)x$0.86 (And that doesn't include the lower buy-back price from banks). Basically stating that out of your $1220 initial investment, you lost about $360 or more. Basically 30% of your initial investment is lost. For those that researched before purcashing, they may have pursued banks to acquire their IQD and paid a better price - which reduces the % of loss upon your initial investment. I regret not doing more in-depth research prior to making a purchase through dealers as I would have been able to either A) spend less out of pocket and have the same # of IQD or B) spend the same out of pocket & have acquired more IQD

The selling point is that dealers have the edge is fast delivery. With claims of continious imminent RVs, people may not feel comfortable spending $1,000 and finding out that the wait period is roughly 1 week out or so. This makes dealers a little more pleasing to customers. The customer also feels that paying the mark-up is worth the near next-day delivery. The other perspective is finding banks or currency exchange depots that exchange the IQD. They are becoming quite rare, even though the demand is likely still there. I believe many banks have opted out of the supply/exchange due to the increased baggage that came along with offering the services (such as badgering phone calls asking questions, non-bank customers paying fees just to order IQD, etc. etc.)

We can hope for the best... And in my opinion, anything that is a good to best-case scenario is anything from where come out ahead (even upon cash-out) to an actual RV that creates a windfall of wealth upon us.

But from my basic perception of this, is that regardless of what happens we are nearing the end and can soon start making decisions on our next steps to take.

Darin, Great explanation. I just feel we might be remiss to fail to mention that the folks that purchased their IQD from the dealer at the higher rate will have the option of cashing out with the dealer at the CBI rate which will be higher then the bank rate. This could be lucrative if the difference between CBI rate and bank rate is a large enough spread. As an example: Lets say the bank rate is $3.86. To turn in 1,000,000 IQD would net you $3,860,000 minus any bank surcharges. For this example lets assume the CBI rate is $4.86. To turn in 1,000,000 IQD through the dealer would net you $4,860,000 minus the dealer fee of 5% which would be $243,000. $4,860,000 - $243,000 = $4,617,000.

Dealer $4,617,000

Bank $3,860,000 minus fees

Diff. $757,000

So you see it might have been well worth purchasing your IQD from a dealer. (Depending on the spread between CBI Rate and Bank Rate)

Once we know the difference between the rates we will be able to see if waiting the 7 - 10 days to turn in with the dealer is better then cashing in with the bank immediately. Me personally, I can wait 7 - 10 days for an extra $757,000 per million.

• Upvote 2

that's why it is an investment just like the stock market you can win a win big or maybe break even but even a 10 cent rise is a win I'm hoping for at least a buck but its all good with a win at any amount jmo

[/quote

'course "even" a 10 cents ( NO LOP) rise is a win and a very big one at that. Multiplies my Capital about 100 times.... I'd be ready to grab that yesterday and run..... Word....

• Upvote 1

NO you dont understand what they mean when they say take away the zeros.....what they are saying is they are trying to get all lthe large bills off the streets right now before the rv

End Quote

well, maybe they mean what you think they mean and maybe not........Let's hope.

Your old series 25K note worth $21.50USD would be exchanged for a new series 25 note worth $21.50USD. The entire current series of notes (50 - 25000 IQD)would be exchanged.

End Quote

I'd call that a major shaft for the Investor.... But that's me....

you should just get out there and work,

End Quote

Work? No thanks.....the word itself disturbs me.

But, if it is still considered a failure and comes out as a mere $0.05 - each million you have is worth $50,000.

End Quote

Deal...... I'm not too greedy, just a tad bit....

most people don' t read or are not up on the lastest info ( to post 25k turning into 25 dollars come on get real) everything is fine get ready and help those in need when this happens.

Love your granite-sounding Positivity.....Backed by what exactly if I may ask?

The fact is NO ONE knows what is going to happen with this speculative position we are in. The difference between all who are in this venture can be summarized as follows--you bought an amount of dinar you can easily afford to lose if need be or you bought enough to make you fret if it doesn't pan out. Simple as that. Smart ones didn't let greed rule the decision to get in and most likely got enough to be satisfied if and when this comes in. Where do you fit in? Did you investigate first?