Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

First remove 3 zeroes, then later RV

Hirsch

I listened to the Shabibi call several times, and though Im an eternal optimist, I heard him clearly...

Looks like Ali, Amer can Con tractor, and now Shabibi at this US conferene are lining up on the same page

Shabibi clearly separated the first question (revaluation) as being different situation from the second (lop of 3 zeroes)

first he said for the revaluation he would start watching inflation - meaning not anytime SOON

at the second question, the removing of 3 zeroes ( a lop) was VERY SOON in his opinion

so all three above are lining up to a lop & Rv scenario. or 8 times your investment....

- would like to hear an INTELLIGENT retort to what was said and not conjecture -- please

Edited by Hirsch
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Im posturing the possibility that hes not hiding anything and is proposing to do exactly as he said at the conferend. Remove 3 zeros from a now 'stable' currency, since HE didnt put the extra 3 zeros in, and then look to see if inflation gets out of hand down the road for an RV

I dont have anything against a possible 800% return. Certainly a lot better than a bank CD with a 4% yearly return for sure.

Just curious if there has been a little too much 'pumping' of unrealistic hopes. I find it curios that all these 3 fairly respectable sources are linning up to the same scenario... are they all three now 'hiding their hands"? really?

• Upvote 2

I see no problem with Shabibi being honest with his intentions. I'm figuring he is "showing his hand" and putting pressure on the government that the RV has to happen in order for any international country to seriously invest in IRAQ.

As I mentioned in another post regarding the 3 zero's, my understanding is that this has been happening slowly for several months now. For example, when an IRAQ person goes to the bank with a 25,000 denom bill, the bank will give back smaller denominations (i.e. 25 X one thousand denom bills) and keep the 25,000 bill and not recirculate it again to the public. The same thing with a 1,000 denom bill (will get back 10 X one hundred denom bills, etc).Over time, this is how the larger 000 denoms are being removed from circulation. My understanding is this is still happening and it will be finished at some time (haven't heard this week though).

Now, when an RV occurs, my understanding is that much smaller denom bills will be released (i.e., 1, 5, 10, 20.... and so on). These smaller denoms will, of course, offer increased purchasing power because of the RV.

• Upvote 4

There are a couple of things we need to think about. First is the primary mission of the Central Bank of Iraq:

The primary objectives of the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) is to ensure (1) domestic price stability and foster a (2) stable competitive market based financial system. The CBI shall also (3) promote sustainable growth, employment and prosperity in Iraq.

IMO, LOPPING off the 3 zero's on the Dinar wouldn't achieve any of those objectives, WITHOUT also revaluing the Dinar, which would achieve all three of those things; except maybe the stability part, if the RV isn't executed correctly.

You really think he's gonna show his hand? Some people are pretty naive.

I agree, his first answer was " even if I know the answer I cant tell you," he then goes on to tell you some filler senarios of the revaluation process, Do you really think he is going to say, " go out and buy dinar because it is going to make you rich". this would be catastrophic to iraq as well as the whole revaluation in general, plus I believe it would be against insider trading rules, he would probably go to jail for it. The most important thing I thought was when he says that Iraq has to be ready with security as well as training its people for this revaluation to accrue, this tells me thats its probably something big. but thats just my opinion

Edited by freaky frank
  • Upvote 2

I see no problem with Shabibi being honest with his intentions. I'm figuring he is "showing his hand" and putting pressure on the government that the RV has to happen in order for any international country to seriously invest in IRAQ.

As I mentioned in another post regarding the 3 zero's, my understanding is that this has been happening slowly for several months now. For example, when an IRAQ person goes to the bank with a 25,000 denom bill, the bank will give back smaller denominations (i.e. 25 X one thousand denom bills) and keep the 25,000 bill and not recirculate it again to the public. The same thing with a 1,000 denom bill (will get back 10 X one hundred denom bills, etc).Over time, this is how the larger 000 denoms are being removed from circulation. My understanding is this is still happening and it will be finished at some time (haven't heard this week though).

Now, when an RV occurs, my understanding is that much smaller denom bills will be released (i.e., 1, 5, 10, 20.... and so on). These smaller denoms will, of course, offer increased purchasing power because of the RV.

If this has already been happening for several months,

Wouldnt it have made more sense for him to have said, "we have already been in the process of removing the 3 zeros from circulation" ?? I think its clearly two different things

Im posturing the possibility that hes not hiding anything and is proposing to do exactly as he said at the conferend. Remove 3 zeros from a now 'stable' currency, since HE didnt put the extra 3 zeros in, and then look to see if inflation gets out of hand down the road for an RV

I dont have anything against a possible 800% return. Certainly a lot better than a bank CD with a 4% yearly return for sure.

Just curious if there has been a little too much 'pumping' of unrealistic hopes. <remember, rumors purpose...not based upon facts, only what people want to hear. I find it curios that all these 3 fairly respectable sources are linning up to the same scenario... are they all three now 'hiding their hands"? < not at all my friend. They are simply stating the facts, NOT hype and added fantasy.

Hi Hirsch :)

Indeed, you hit it right. Mr. Shabibi has done

exactly as he intended since 2004. There is NO

reason for him to do otherwise. He has been a man

of his word, and he has no reason to lie.

Your observation is appreciated. :) There is yet more time

needed, no one can force their hand. But rumor sites will say anything

to create drama, and we are near the time of more weekly frenzy about now. :lol:

Thanks for the post!

All my best!

Jim

---

• Upvote 1

IMO, LOPPING off the 3 zero's on the Dinar wouldn't achieve any of those objectives, WITHOUT also revaluing the Dinar, which would achieve all three of those things; except maybe the stability part, if the RV isn't executed correctly.

that is exactly what Im hearing. A LOP then an RV in that order.

If this has already been happening for several months,

Wouldnt it have made more sense for him to have said, "we have already been in the process of removing the 3 zeros from circulation" ?? I think its clearly two different things

Well, I'm not in the habit of putting words in peoples' mouths, so I not speculating on what he should of said. All I know is what is happening in IRAQ in regards to the removal of 3 zero (OOO) denoms....

Edited by jomans

If the process of removing the Zeros can been accepted as getting all of the large bills back out from circulation, then the surest confirmation of this is being found in the outlying areas of Iraq,.. At present there is great concern over "Blackmarket" money lenders, or "Loan Sharks" as we call them. I have searched repeatedly for any news or posts of this happening and there are NONE!

Yet boots on the ground are confirming that the complaints flooding into regional and local Iraq governments are now at the tipping point. With food prices rising, and no ability to resonably finance invoices many are reaching the point of terminal indebtedness.

There is little proof of where the money to enslave these shop owners and merchants is coming from, but the smart money sez Iran is pouring it in.

Shia vs Sunni rifts in the Iraq provinces are real, and have been left unaddressed in any meaningful manner, which has left many established and would be shop owners on the outside looking in. (Once the Shia control the distrubution and merchandising chains, the remaining Sunnis and Christians will be in serious peril).

So, Removing currency from circulation can be confirmed by the lack of/ tight money supply at present within Iraqs borders, perhaps, therefore, raising the Value is the next step to check imbalances.

You will never have the proof you are looking for until a historical account can be established after the fact, as we are at present, a World at War,.. we would all like to think we will have that someday.

Edited by Moses

Seems like we are geared to bash and dis-regard anything that is rumored as positive. Now, somehow, this speech from Shabibi is accepted as gospel. Do we really know what he is saying. It is almost impossible to decipher any Iraqi statement because theri lingo is backwards. For example, if they say they are going to elevate a person - this could mean, they are sending him to heaven. We are still back to square one and do we really believe that Shabibi would have given a speech saying what whould actually happen?

• Upvote 1

Seems like we are geared to bash and dis-regard anything that is rumored as positive. Now, somehow, this speech from Shabibi is accepted as gospel. Do we really know what he is saying. It is almost impossible to decipher any Iraqi statement because theri lingo is backwards. For example, if they say they are going to elevate a person - this could mean, they are sending him to heaven. We are still back to square one and do we really believe that Shabibi would have given a speech saying what whould actually happen?

SOUNDS LIKE YOUR GLASS IS HALF EMPTY

Im on the other hand saying hes going to do the same thing he declares publicly that he is going to do as he has ALWAYS done in the past, and nothing suddenly "hidden"

Im postulating a middle of the road scenario possibility instead of an Okie koolaid punch fairy tale which seems less plausible as these more respectable sources speak up

• Upvote 1

I'll be happy to take x8. Can anyone complain with that as an out come?

Objectively, not.....But. many of us had and still have expectations of our Capital fold 100 times (roughly $0.10 rate ) if not 1,000 times ( roughly $1.00 rate) once this RV's...... So while 8 times ( why eight anyway....) is certainly very very very good no doubt. It's nowhere near to what many of us including myself were expecting and still are expecting ( hope is the last thing to die)

• Upvote 2

I'll be happy to take x8. Can anyone complain with that as an out come?

In my opinion, yes, people CAN complain. Who?

The US Government, who has spent nearly $1T in U.S. funds can complain. And all the other countries that hold Trillions of Dinar in reserve. Like the UK, France, China, etc.

If the U.S. holds $1T in dinar, and Iraq lops the 3 zeros, that $1T that would become $1B (because the investment is reduced in value by 1000%). Then they RV at, say $3.

Now we would have $1B dollars, that would grow to a whopping $3B dollars. After we spent $1T IN U.S. MONEY (not toilet paper money!) liberating the country? Can you say WWIII?

If the U.S. spent $1T USD on the war in Iraq and we walk away with $3 Billion, the next biggest hunting ground will be Washington D.C. and it will be permanent open season on politicians. Thank God for the 2nd Amendment.

• Upvote 4

This is how every other currency similar to the IQD has changed values. So yes, they will take off the three zeroes first. This will create a currency that is simpler to use and has technically a more "stable" rate; though value remains the same. However, the government hopes that this will facilitate its use, causing the market to drive the value of the dinar upwards. 8 times would be fantastic, but realistically (in the short run) I'm expecting 3x my original investment, and I'll sell what I have. Obviously over-the-top scenarios have been posted on these sites, as some of us have been paid to do so. But, as everything starts winding up, there won't be any questions as to what's going to happen. Though for some, they won't believe it until they see it, which I have no problem with. I just prefer to have proper expectations.

Heck, 3x an investment? Even double is nothing to complain about; I think the main problem is that many people on here have never made an investment before. Many investments yield 12%-50% if your lucky; so 300% would be phenomenal.

*In response to vinman's post; not quite. The $1 trillion would still have the same exact value, though its numbers would be $1 billion (value does not change; it's still the same amount in US dollars.) And the US has invested this kind of money in several countries. Think about the money we've spent on Afghanistan and the new spending on Libya: neither of which are going to pay us back in a matter of currency. I'm not sure why so many think Iraq is that special. Yes we've invested more than other countries into it, but that's U.S. foreign policy as of late, unfortunately. What the US cares about are the oil contracts and even working contracts to a lesser extent.

Edited by dinarvictory
  • Upvote 2

In my opinion, yes, people CAN complain. Who?

The US Government, who has spent nearly $1T in U.S. funds can complain. And all the other countries that hold Trillions of Dinar in reserve. Like the UK, France, China, etc.

If the U.S. holds $1T in dinar, and Iraq lops the 3 zeros, that $1T that would become $1B (because the investment is reduced in value by 1000%). Then they RV at, say $3.

Now we would have $1B dollars, that would grow to a whopping $3B dollars. After we spent $1T IN U.S. MONEY (not toilet paper money!) liberating the country? Can you say WWIII?

If the U.S. spent $1T USD on the war in Iraq and we walk away with $3 Billion, the next biggest hunting ground will be Washington D.C. and it will be permanent open season on politicians. Thank God for the 2nd Amendment.

None of the mentioned countries are holding trillions of dinar in hopes of an RV.....they are all invested in the oil....that's how they will be making money off this and for years to come!

• Downvote 1

SOUNDS LIKE YOUR GLASS IS HALF EMPTY

Dude I am not looking for an 8 fold return. Not what attracted me to this investment-it's not a life changer.

This is how every other currency similar to the IQD has changed values. So yes, they will take off the three zeroes first. This will create a currency that is simpler to use and has technically a more "stable" rate; though value remains the same. However, the government hopes that this will facilitate its use, causing the market to drive the value of the dinar upwards. 8 times would be fantastic, but realistically (in the short run) I'm expecting 3x my original investment, and I'll sell what I have. Obviously over-the-top scenarios have been posted on these sites, as some of us have been paid to do so. But, as everything starts winding up, there won't be any questions as to what's going to happen. Though for some, they won't believe it until they see it, which I have no problem with. I just prefer to have proper expectations.

Heck, 3x an investment? Even double is nothing to complain about; I think the main problem is that many people on here have never made an investment before. Many investments yield 12%-50% if your lucky; so 300% would be phenomenal.

*In response to vinman's post; not quite. The $1 trillion would still have the same exact value, though its numbers would be $1 billion (value does not change; it's still the same amount in US dollars.) And the US has invested this kind of money in several countries. Think about the money we've spent on Afghanistan and the new spending on Libya: neither of which are going to pay us back in a matter of currency. I'm not sure why so many think Iraq is that special. Yes we've invested more than other countries into it, but that's U.S. foreign policy as of late, unfortunately. What the US cares about are the oil contracts and even working contracts to a lesser extent.

This would be OK, if they weren't looking at the 10,000 and 5,000 and 1,000 bills as well as candidates for raising the 3 zeros as well.

Also, there is no 1000 dinar bill. There is a 100 dinar coin waiting in the wings.

I would agree that this has been an on going process.

It looks like they are treating the 3 Zero bills as the same number without the additional zeros, and trying to adjust the prices of goods to match the buying power.

Example: 1/3 liter Coke costs $.60 USD, or around 705 dinar. A 1,000 dinar would get 295 dinar in change (if the smaller denoms were available to make change.

Now, turn the page... 25,000 dinar note now has 25 dinar buying power after the 3zeros are "raised"

How can that happen?

.705 diner (decimal moved 3 places to left) divided by $.60 USD equals 1.175.

The pattern now emerges about the concept of lifting the zeros, re- aligning the pricing, while removing the liability of the large bills from circulation.

In the above example (which appears to be necessary to make this work) the adjustment of pricing is "wrapped around" an implied increase in value of the dinar to $ 1.18 USD.

Now, the dinar has more buying power than the USD, and Iraq can move to a one-currency nation.

Notice in the above possibility, no mention of either LOP, or Revaluation.

When Shabibi feels the economy has contracted the money supply to manageable levels, the small denoms (and coins) can be released.

At that time, he still has an unused RV in his tool box. He can formally announce a RV of 1.18:1 and let it float to market driven level, or introduce itvat a higher value .

In order to do this, the equivalent of an in-country revaluation has already occurred.