Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Is Shabibi Really in the US?

uncs

I would think that if Shabibi were really in the US the there would be some type of news coverage on this announcement or meeting or press conference. Does anyone have a link showing he is here?

Just curious!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

U.S. - Iraq Business Initiative Briefing with Dr. Sinan Al-Shabibi

Date Event: April 19, 2011

Herman Lay Room

U.S. Chamber of Commerce

1615 H St, NW

Washington, DC, 20062

11:00 - 12:00 PM

Briefing from the Central Bank Governor of Iraq to members of the business community on Iraq's finance sector.

http://www.uschamber.com/events/us-iraq-business-initiative-briefing-dr-sinan-al-shabibi

I agree, just wonder why the media coverage was not present. You would think Cnn Fox and others would participate on such event.

Good question.

Those type of meetings are not allowed press coverage. After the meeting, a public relations memo goes out to the press. The video and audio was from someone personal. No press allowed in those meetings.

Doesn't make sense.

So, what doesn't make sense? Governmental meetings do not allow press coverage. And in the U.N. there is no press coverage at all only the General Assembly, and even that is controlled. Like I stated before, they will only give out a PR statement that the meeting took place, who was there and a general overlook of the meeting. Almost all governmental meeting are this way.

the audio was indeed captured "under the table" so to speak and the photo was indeed taken at that meeting ... and I'm sure eventually a press release will be issued but the general public is not nearly as interested in this whole scenario as WE ARE!!

Exactly.

the audio was indeed captured "under the table" so to speak and the photo was indeed taken at that meeting ... and I'm sure eventually a press release will be issued but the general public is not nearly as interested in this whole scenario as WE ARE!!

Exactly, PVS. If it weren't for the chance to make a fortune off of the dinar how many of us would really care if Shabibi was in the US? Imagine if the head of the central bank of Uzbekistan was here.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Loved his slip of the tongue with the 'propaganda' comment. :lol:

I thought the same so I did a bit of investigating the word- Propaganda.

One definition of propaganda as it turns out...is advertising.

If you listen closely to Shabs, after he almost said propaganda, the next word out of his mouth was advertising.

I was I think, reading far to much into the fact that he almost used that word. Now that I have researched and see that it can also mean advertising, I am not so sure that there was anything to it. (JMO) :(

I thought the same so I did a bit of investigating the word- Propaganda.

One definition of propaganda as it turns out...is advertising.

If you listen closely to Shabs, after he almost said propaganda, the next word out of his mouth was advertising.

I was I think, reading far to much into the fact that he almost used that word. Now that I have researched and see that it can also mean advertising, I am not so sure that there was anything to it. (JMO) :(

From Blacks LAW 8th edition

PROPAGANDA

propaganda.Int'l law. 1. The systematic dissemination of doctrine, rumor, or selected

information to promote or injure a particular doctrine, view, or cause. 2. The ideas or information

so disseminated. • The word propaganda originated as an abbreviated form of Congregatio de

propaganda fide, a committee (of cardinals) for propagating the (Christian) faith.

defamatory propaganda.Propaganda used to promote dissatisfaction among a nation's citizens

and undermine government authority. • Defamatory propaganda is common in wartime but is also

used in peacetime as a means of incitement.

hostile propaganda.Propaganda employed by a nation to manipulate the people of another

nation to support or oppose their government. — Also termed ideological aggression. See

subversive propaganda.

“Ideological aggression ... is the spreading of ideas intentionally and deliberately so as to

manipulate by symbols controversial attitudes and positions. It is hostile propaganda indulged in

by a state directly or vicariously to incite and influence the people of another state so as to

maintain or alter the institutions and policies of that state. The campaign of hostile propaganda

may emanate from within or without the territory of the victim state and can be carried on by any

means of communications.” Ann Van Wynen Thomas & A.J. Thomas, Jr., The Concept of

Aggression in International Law 84 (1972).

subversive propaganda.Propaganda calculated to incite a civil war or revolution. • When the

instigator is another nation, it is termed hostile propaganda or ideological aggression.

war-mongering propaganda.Propaganda calculated to produce national support for a war and

to encourage the government to declare or join in a war regardless of any legal constraints.