Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Thoughts on Shabibi audio today...

i think they will lopp removing the 3 zeros and then rv to a rate they want.

this will give the buying power they want and also will mean they dont have to pay out much on the dinar abroad.

We will get 3 to 4 times our outlay no more.

sorry guys :(

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 6

Cashin, why would they do that? in theory, that's no different than changing the exchange rate to 360ish dinar:$1... which they could do without re-denominating.

Yes it's an increase, but IMO still doesnt get them the purchasing power they need.

OK,

Audis4 ,that does make for a very logical scenerio ,but

I am actually boots on the ground over here and I interact with alot Iraqis on a daily basis , they are very well aware of the LOP dropping the 000s .

Also , there are no new lower denoms in circulation .But whatever does happen ,believe me that I should be the first to know because I probably wont see any locals come work .

LOL

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

this will give the buying power they want and also will mean they dont have to pay out much on the dinar abroad.

sorry guys sad.gif

However you dress it up with magical theories this is also the way I see this thing going.If they RV'ed to $3 after the lop this would then give the Iraqis 3 times their current buying power.I think this would be

sufficient to appease them.Unless you're holding millions of dinar you'll be lucky to have enough to pay for a decent holiday from this investment.Obviously I hope I'm wrong but all logic seems to point this

event occurring.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

If they remove the 3 zeros and RV at $1 we won't even get our investment back. Why would they L O P? It does not increase their purchasing power. Even removing the zeros and RV'ing at $3 still doesn not get Iraqi's back to Sadam levels. In Sadam days when the dinar rate was about $3, 25k dinar was $75k dollars. Now if you take away the zeros and RV at $3 a 25k note would only be worth $75. Let's see, $75,000 vs $75. I hardly think this is going to make the Iraqi's happy at all.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

If they remove the 3 zeros and RV at $1 we won't even get our investment back. Why would they L O P? It does not increase their purchasing power. Even removing the zeros and RV'ing at $3 still doesn not get Iraqi's back to Sadam levels. In Sadam days when the dinar rate was about $3, 25k dinar was $75k dollars. Now if you take away the zeros and RV at $3 a 25k note would only be worth $75. Let's see, $75,000 vs $75. I hardly think this is going to make the Iraqi's happy at all.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

sorry guys :(

DING DING DING we have a winner this exactly what he put out. If you are getting something other than this you need to listen to it again.

It explains a L O P right to a T

sorry but facts are facts.

An this came from the man himself. there is no wigle room for anything else.

I would love to be wrong. I would like to go back home and not work here in Iraq any more. TRUST ME

Edited by nevermore
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Frank , but here is the deal, the locals get paid between 500$ to 1500$ worth of dinar , just yesterday i had one of them open his wallet ,he must of had like 5 or 6 25k notes in there .

So your trying to tell me a local that makes a average of 12000$ a year salary will suddenly have 450k or more depending on the exchange rate when they hit the R.V. button .

Sort of Crazy ? Also all of the population of iraq and all other goverments and civilian investors across the world will cash in ?

Not sure where all the money will be coming from to cover that kind of a tab ? But with the World Bank involved anything is possible i guess.

This investement used to have legs back in 2004 when the speculation from the green zone was 10 cents to the dollar ,that was almost fisable .

But this sudden R.V. rate of pre-Saddam days does not do us any favors .

I am with russian huey on this one , not a good look for the instant millionaire .

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

OK,

Audis4 ,that does make for a very logical scenerio ,but

I am actually boots on the ground over here and I interact with alot Iraqis on a daily basis , they are very well aware of the LOP dropping the 000s .

Also , there are no new lower denoms in circulation .But whatever does happen ,believe me that I should be the first to know because I probably wont see any locals come work .

LOL

I have spoken with 2 private bank owners in Iraq. They have said that they have been recieving lots of the small bills lately! The small bills are the 500,250 and some 50's. Have you seen this happening where you are?

Here we go again. Shabibi himself speaks about the revaluation and the dropping of 3 zeros and there's still different interpretations of what he meant. All that tells me is that no one understood what he said even though he was speaking English. Sure his English was somewhat broken but I think he still spoke clearly enough for us to understand his words but not the context of them. Oh well! I guess I'll just wait for the Forex and CBI postings before I get too excited because it's obvious that we still don't have a clear answer as to what is going to happen.

• Upvote 2

Morning Sunshines :rolleyes:

Why would they be using US currency after the RV in their everyday trade in Iraq? I thought the purpose was to make the Dinar stronger for them..... :blink:

Slum Dame.

Thank you for asking. You hit the nail on the head. I keep hearing the question “How are they going to be able to buy back trillions of dollars worth of dinar”. The simple answer is; they aren’t. First off, we don’t know how much dinar the CBI already has and that is currency they won’t have to buy back. Second, the currency that is in the hands of the Iraqi citizens will not be exchanged for dollars. It is already the local currency and it would make no sense for them to exchange it. Third, no one knows for sure how much dinar is in the hands of foreign investors. Regardless or the amount, not all of it will be cashed in. Small time investors like us will cash in some or all of our holdings depending on the rate. Larger investors will probably be using it to invest in business opportunities in Iraq which will further boost the economy. I am not an economist like a few people on the site, and I don’t claim to have all of the answers. What I do have is a bit of common sense and it has served me well for many years. My best advice for anyone is, when you read the posts, just try to sort out what makes sense to you and what don’t and act accordingly.

Roadrunner

Edited by Roadrunner
  • Upvote 3

What improves a nations's economy is local production and manpower development

AudiS4 I believe that you are spot on with your description of this subject and i feel that all of the hype in the way that everyone was afraid of that their investment would be worthless was all for not... If Iraq did lop their currency and make all of the larger denomination's worthless it would discredit Iraq as a nation and put the nation back into a 3rd world status rather that a prospering new nation because of the heavy investment of the nations supporting Iraq. Thanks for the post Audi...

And would someone send this quote to Obama and have him take an economics course, I can justify my tax dollar to pay for his class..

Edited by Gooserider67
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

All you lopsters... PLEASE EXPLAIN why they would lop! You keep saying "sorry, that's what's going to happen, no way around it"... but you have YET to give a reason why. Why would they do that? That ultimately allows them to RV at 3 or 4x what they're worth today and that's it... no more increase in value unless the USD continues to fall. Why wouldn't they just RV for a small amount (360:$1)? It would be cheaper and would allow them continued room to grow. Just because we don't believe they will LOP doesn't mean we think we'll be instant millionaires from this investment.

Maybe I'm missing something, but a LOP make ZERO economical sense.

Like I posted yesterday:

Wealth was lost 20 years ago. Didnt matter if you have 1000 dinar ($3200) or 1,000,000 dinar ($3,200,000)... it became near worthless. Let's pretend it went directly to 1170:$1... your poor man now has about $0.86 and your rich man now has $854.70. Does it really matter which person you are? You might be able to pay for one months rent/mortgage if you were the wealthy man... but then you're flat broke. If you were the poor man, you're still poor. So with this example, it's clear that "wealth" was taken away. $3,200,000 will get you far in life, but $854.70 will not. VALUE disappeared! But now that they're in the mist of revaluing their currency once again to HAVE value, everyone is a naysayer. That same man with 1000 dinar (assuming he spent NONE of it over the years and converted it to the new currencies as they came out for a 1:1)... now will have 1 dinar, which will be worth the same as 1000 old dinar... which will be worth the same as $0.86 USD. That same man with 1,000,000 dinar (assuming he spent NONE of it over the years and converted it to the new currencies as they came out for a 1:1)... now will have 1,000 dinar, which will be worth the same as 1,000,000 old dinar... which will be worth the same as $854.70 USD. Do you see where I'm going here? At what point will the "wealth" be given back (the same "wealth" that was once there, but was taken away)?

Obviously the full RI won't happen... but I dont see how $.10 is now out of the question.

I need my coffee

• Upvote 1

There has been more than enough lop talk on here in the past week to last a lifetime. It is quite aparrant that we are not all gonna be on the same page till something actually happens. I happen to be in the "no lop" camp. So what? who cares what I think, and does it even matter? No, I don't get a vote and neither do you. Face it, nobody knows for sure ( well maybe Shabs and a few others but he's already said he's not telling) and tempers are beginning to flair, so can we pleassssse talk about something else? There is other news out there and I think all the hide has been beaten off this dead horse. Lets just agree to disagree and wait and see what happens. Then one group of us can look at the other and say, "See, I told ya so". Also if we must talk lop, from here on out could we please place it in the LOP section? Just my thoughts.

RSS :)

• Upvote 1