Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The signficance of June, 2011 to our investment?

USMC_2674

You will hear lots of things about lots of time frames. They have always RV'd in april. Tues-Thurs they always RV on the last thursday of the month, so on and so forth. This baby is going to come when M pulls his huge arrogant head out of his ass and gets it together. My advice and I know based on my post amount that i am a nube dont worry about a date or a rate. Its only going to drive you up the wall. Just think about how grand things are post RV. Start planning for different rate amounts such as $ .10 vs $1.00 vs $3.00+ or however you want to break it down. But playing the date/rate game will get you know where fast.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That is supposedly when the final sanctions will be lifted....

My prediction for June ...or July actually....is that IF nothing happens before then and that time passes.....the Dinar Dealers are going to be able to buy back A LOT of dinar....probably a WHOLE LOT....that time frame will be the breaking point for alot of people. There is simply no "date" past that time that has ever been mentioned.....its the dinar abyss past that point :lol:

I have heard Dec, and even 2012. I think the big thing about June was DFI protection running out. Now there is talk that even that may be extended. I, myself am one of those June people. Why?? I dunno, I like early Summer.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

One of the strongest indicators that something will happen by the end of June, is this: Iraq is scheduled to start making payments against their remaining debt to Paris Club, etc. beginning July 1, 2011. So far, there has been no talk of an extension to this deadline. So, my guess is... we'll see something by the end of June, as a drop dead date. Of course, there is still ample time for them to renegotiate any and everything with regard to the rest of the world, and likely even within Iraq. So, in a nutshell, we are hopeful for end of June; but, this is Iraq, and anything could happen... :)

• Upvote 1

I hear quite often about "things" happening in June...

Could someone explain what they are, and why June? Etc

Thanks in advance,

The biggest reason would be that it is closer to June than it is to last February, or any other month that has been speculated.... It happens when it happens and not before. Now that is one speculation you can bank on.

I think this weekend would be wonderful. Not to start a religious debate at all but just an interesting idea on the significance of an April date to the RV. The symbolic significance if it were to happen this week with Easter to follow....

The ME, Chinese, Japanese, Russia, US/Native Americans and some Christians understand the connection of the Phoenix.

"In God We Trust" The Phoenix-represents to all the players.

High Virtue of Grace -Prosperity-Rebirth-Power-Resurrected-Life After Death

Just thought it interesting to speculate while we wait.....GO RV this week!!!:)

Under any other conditions an RV will be announced in "the dead of night" when least expected as it was in Kuwait. But these are not normal times. Unlike Kuwait when they RV'd Iraq is under considerable pressure both inside and out to revalue the Dinar and join the world circus. Even S stated within the last few daze that the Dinar would be revalued. It's not a matter of IF, its a matter of RATE. When is soon so it is not an issue. The rate however is all over the map from 8/10th of a cent (loping 1 zero) to over $6.00 without a LOP. Since a LOP is highly unlikely, it's a matter of what the CBI has set for a rate. While it's in the hands of the BIS we can speculate on the rate. One thing for certain is the need for many new denominations (down to 1/10 of a DInar as a minimum). With 25 Dinars being the (current) lowest denomination (currently worth 2.125 cents) increases 10 times (lopping 1 zero or RVing at $0.0085) would make the 25 Dinar coin equivalent to our quarter in value. Iraq will need to create at least 6 additional coins or paper valued at 10, 5, 1, 1/2, 1/4 and 1/10th Dinars to have a complete currency set. For every order of magnitude increase in value (RATE) an additional level of currency will be required.

Let's assume the Dinar revalues to $3. That means the 25 Dinar coin is equivalent to $75 USD! In this case 1/100th of a DInar would be equivalent to 75 cents, so at least three additional denominations would be required to make the currency usable (1/500th, 1/1000th and 1/5000th Dinars equivalent to 15 cents, 7.5 cents and 1.5 cents). OR, Iraq can RV high, capture all the triple zero bills from individuals and work out cash-in agreements between nations holding Dinars like the US, and then issue a new currency concurrent to the old currency which the CBI will capture and retire. Every common sense opinion points to this conclusion - RV high and issue new currency. We haven't long to wait on this blessing to occur. Too much external pressure has pushed this through Maliki's political roadblocks and on to the BIS. Whe Okie says the deal is done, for once we can believe him. He's talking about Iraq's part that's done - not the BIS.

If Iraq was to stay with the current currency denominations I believe that a 8/10th of a cent is the maximum rate that they can set. But if they plan to replace everything (after the RV) then any rate could be justified. My gut says we will see a big-time rate announced on the 28th - the last Thursday of the Month.

GO BIG RV!

One of the strongest indicators that something will happen by the end of June, is this: Iraq is scheduled to start making payments against their remaining debt to Paris Club, etc. beginning July 1, 2011. So far, there has been no talk of an extension to this deadline. So, my guess is... we'll see something by the end of June, as a drop dead date. Of course, there is still ample time for them to renegotiate any and everything with regard to the rest of the world, and likely even within Iraq. So, in a nutshell, we are hopeful for end of June; but, this is Iraq, and anything could happen...

Bingo ... the only "fly in the ointment" here is if I remember correctly (not sure) the debt is to be paid in oil incrementally. This scenario would NOT preclude an RI/RV prior to beginning payment on this debt.

Correct me if I'm wrong ... but please provide a link to a viable news article (not someone's opinion post nor something Mohammed Saleh/Salih had to say).

Think about it though riots are down ... 100 day time frames given ... Shabibi came to the US last year to attempt to find some "takers" for his "invest in Iraq" sales pitch and had no takers! ... he's here again doing the same thing ... why would it be different this year? ... indeed, in my book they got Saddam Lite instead of a PM things are more rocky unless the security positions are locked down by folks who don't kowtow to him ... kinda' hard with a reported 3K to 4200 secret police and 6 (or 7) secret prisons (Amnesty Int.).

Did you here Shabs yesterday in the video? "IF I knew ... I couldn't tell you"! Something to ponder!

Peace

Doc31

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Doc,

From the bottom of page 21 of the Iraq Debt Reduction Aid and Conditionality report by the Chief Technical Advisor, United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs; and regarding the Paris Club debt repayment...

"The agreement also entails a rescheduling of the remaining debt stock with repayments of the debt stock starting in July 2011 and ending in January 2038."

See the attachment. I cannot locate the original link to the document online. Perhaps someone else can help. I saved it to my desktop way back when as I really wanted to read it thoroughly.

Edited by Nelson0528

Bingo ... the only "fly in the ointment" here is if I remember correctly (not sure) the debt is to be paid in oil incrementally. This scenario would NOT preclude an RI/RV prior to beginning payment on this debt.

Correct me if I'm wrong ... but please provide a link to a viable news article (not someone's opinion post nor something Mohammed Saleh/Salih had to say).

Think about it though riots are down ... 100 day time frames given ... Shabibi came to the US last year to attempt to find some "takers" for his "invest in Iraq" sales pitch and had no takers! ... he's here again doing the same thing ... why would it be different this year? ... indeed, in my book they got Saddam Lite instead of a PM things are more rocky unless the security positions are locked down by folks who don't kowtow to him ... kinda' hard with a reported 3K to 4200 secret police and 6 (or 7) secret prisons (Amnesty Int.).

Did you here Shabs yesterday in the video? "IF I knew ... I couldn't tell you"! Something to ponder!

Peace

Doc31

Doc,

From the bottom of page 21 of the Iraq Debt Reduction Aid and Conditionality report by the Chief Technical Advisor, United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs; and regarding the Paris Club debt repayment...

"The agreement also entails a rescheduling of the remaining debt stock with repayments of the debt stock starting in July 2011 and ending in January 2038."

See the link. I cannot locate the original link to the document online. Perhaps someone else can help. I saved it to my desktop way back when as I really wanted to read it thoroughly.

http://www.aitrs.org/Portals/_PCBS/Documents/fasc_res/lre16.pdf

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=41&t=63243&qpid=452962#ixzz1L8wsLFtx

Did you here Shabs yesterday in the video? "IF I knew ... I couldn't tell you"! Something to ponder!Peace

Doc31

That is the only possible answer for Shabibbi to say. At least thats how I see it. Glad to see you (Doc31) posting again.