Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Central Bank: It is time to re-evaluate the currency, commensurate with the price changes and the wage in the economy

Well. Hopefully the stories of the CBI removing the physical currency in Iraq from circulation are true. And that the amount outside of Iraq is a lower number than that inside Iraq. Those in charge should know what they are doing and are limiting the amounts in and outside of Iraq.

Ok, so I thought about what I said. I have also been watching a hell of a lot of market news lately. There is no way to have 3 zeros off the currency and make it worth anything, because if the entire country' s currency circulation is 26 billion, that is like a month's worth of oil coming out of there. I am not a big fan of a lot of the theorists on this site, but I would love to have a conversation with the people who claim to be "In the Know". I there really a RV coming? The LOP would only make matters worse, as they would have to bring in the new, and weed out the old, while all the time-everyone would feel cheated. If you think about the world in today's terms, the little guy has little chance, and the the big man will soak him for everything. The Rape of our country is being done in disguise. Not by those in power, but by their political contributors.

I am leaning towards a revolution of our own. I dislike the power that corporations have in politics. What I would do to all of them...well, that's personal.

What I do not understand is this.... the barrels of oil they sell right now is like giving it away. If they re-value the Dinar the barrels of oil ( their only real commodity) would sky rocket and they would profit magnificently. Now is it because am an American and think in terms of profit and what the power of money is as opposed to without, or what? I do not understand why Iraq does not help themselves by re-valuing their own money. Who is holding them back? I look at the wonderful advantages that the re-value would have for them. They would have the sky as their limit. They would stop living in their mud huts or whatever sand product they live in now. Yes, my family and I would benefit from it but I am just another guy. The whole country of Iraq would benefit from the RV. or am I just idealistic? I was born in 1959, we boomers tend to be so. lol Anyway, what is holding such a tremendous thing as the RV from happening? Just wondering yall.... Robin

What I do not understand is this.... the barrels of oil they sell right now is like giving it away. If they re-value the Dinar the barrels of oil ( their only real commodity) would sky rocket and they would profit magnificently. Now is it because am an American and think in terms of profit and what the power of money is as opposed to without, or what? I do not understand why Iraq does not help themselves by re-valuing their own money. Who is holding them back? I look at the wonderful advantages that the re-value would have for them. They would have the sky as their limit. They would stop living in their mud huts or whatever sand product they live in now. Yes, my family and I would benefit from it but I am just another guy. The whole country of Iraq would benefit from the RV. or am I just idealistic? I was born in 1959, we boomers tend to be so. lol Anyway, what is holding such a tremendous thing as the RV from happening? Just wondering yall.... Robin

Do you honestly think that the powers at large care even a little bit about you? They are thinking...how can we do this with minimal loss? Oh wait, that's easy. Let's screw the little guy. I am used to it, frankly. Are you?

What sense should i make out of this? 20++ billion "woth" equivocating to the value of the dollar at 1:1 is just ludacris. There is no way that a country can run on 20 billion,AHA, brainstorm, the begin to borrow, barter, exchange oil for $$, goods, food, etc.

BUT- Before my AHA came, did you read scooters post that bernake shucked out right about 7 trillion to various corps, banks, etc. So thats where i'm fuzzy on the claims of 7.6 U.S. in circulation. There is definitley a MUCH BIGGER PICTURE that any of us, no matter how hard we try, will never grasp or fiqure out. Apologies in advance for stirring the pot. I just don't see a LOP happening. Smoke and mirrors. They announce RV, everyone wants to go buy dinar. They announce LOP, no one wants anything to do with the dinar. Follow me? Please refer to disclaimer below:

Disclaimer: Goooooh RVeeeeeeeee

Workinchump... i'm totally w/ ya. And what a beautiful pooch. Chao.

I like the way you think. I would be very happy if you were right.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Do you honestly think that the powers at large care even a little bit about you? They are thinking...how can we do this with minimal loss? Oh wait, that's easy. Let's screw the little guy. I am used to it, frankly. Are you?

Jeepers you like totally missed my point, but whatever bro. My point is that the RV would be good for Iraq, why dosen't Iraq do it? Forget about me! lol What ever.... lol it is about Iraq doing for themselves!

• Upvote 1

You mean the 70% of excess liquidity? Haven't seen a report that 70% of 000 dinars have been removed. Do you have a link? I would be intrested to see that.

The general director of the bank Abdul Hussein al-Yassiri told a news conference attended by the “morning” that the bank has achieved an important work focuses on two aspects, namely the withdrawal of excess liquidity from circulation, and then put into the market again, and managed to withdraw 24.8 Trillion Dinars, representing 70 percent of the liquidity,

http://dinartrade.or...cess-liquidity/

Edited by Doctor Smith

Sonny 1 so glad to see u back.

Very good article! smile.gif

The general director of the bank Abdul Hussein al-Yassiri told a news conference attended by the “morning” that the bank has achieved an important work focuses on two aspects, namely the withdrawal of excess liquidity from circulation, and then put into the market again, and managed to withdraw 24.8 Trillion Dinars, representing 70 percent of the liquidity,

http://dinartrade.or...cess-liquidity/

Edited by cw2

Folks... Why on Earth are you raving about this? Did you read it? Its like standing on the train tracks rooting for the train coming at you. Re-evaluate is completely different then Re-value.

Why would the shop owners not want this as stated in the article? They would be freaking drunk with excitement. This is not what you think it is. I want it too but for goodness sakes don't root for a LOP. You have been mislead about them removing the 3 zero currency from mistaken gurus. That would make cash transactions more difficult not less.

Means 1 Dinar is worth 1 Dollar after the removal of the 3 zeros. We think when they use the words "to improve purchasing power" that they mean they can buy more goods right? More value per Dinar. That is not what they mean. They are saying What you used to buy for 1000 Dinar you can now buy with 1 Dinar. This is a cultural difference in the use of purchasing power definition. Both correct, but not the way we investors want to view it. Please understand I am trying to help you see this and not trying to be negative. I don't want a lop. I want them to do it without a lop and see where the international market will take them. Our chance for ultimate profit resides in a non-lop non 3 zero removal scenario. Be well.

No doubt you are a skeptic. OK I got that. BUT why say LOP. Please read on this term as it shows you have not done enough research to understand that a LOP and a redenomination are two different things.

As for this being good news or bad YOU have no clue. The good news which I believe we are all excited about is it shows they are on the verge of a possible release of the RV or RI. SOmething is coming soon and the signs and news keeps reitterating this. I have read your posts and feel understandably you are doubting this as being the investment most of us are hoping for. Yet, as much as you play the role of skeptic I assert to you that both sides of the coin exist. I hope for all of our sake that this is just a sign of a very nice return coming our way soon.

Have a great Sunday and Peace.

No doubt you are a skeptic. OK I got that. BUT why say LOP. Please read on this term as it shows you have not done enough research to understand that a LOP and a redenomination are two different things.

As for this being good news or bad YOU have no clue. The good news which I believe we are all excited about is it shows they are on the verge of a possible release of the RV or RI. SOmething is coming soon and the signs and news keeps reitterating this. I have read your posts and feel understandably you are doubting this as being the investment most of us are hoping for. Yet, as much as you play the role of skeptic I assert to you that both sides of the coin exist. I hope for all of our sake that this is just a sign of a very nice return coming our way soon.

Right

Again......removing the 3 zero notes is a partial re-denomination, or maybe one could say "reorganization" of the currency. A lop is the "nuclear option" which involves all the denominations equally. A re-denomination does not HAVE to be "across the board". Too many people here are trying to deal in absolutes. In govt, there are no absolutes.

Edited by FishmanTx
  • Upvote 1

Folks... Why on Earth are you raving about this? Did you read it? Its like standing on the train tracks rooting for the train coming at you. Re-evaluate is completely different then Re-value.

Why would the shop owners not want this as stated in the article? They would be freaking drunk with excitement. This is not what you think it is. I want it too but for goodness sakes don't root for a LOP. You have been mislead about them removing the 3 zero currency from mistaken gurus. That would make cash transactions more difficult not less.

Means 1 Dinar is worth 1 Dollar after the removal of the 3 zeros. We think when they use the words "to improve purchasing power" that they mean they can buy more goods right? More value per Dinar. That is not what they mean. They are saying What you used to buy for 1000 Dinar you can now buy with 1 Dinar. This is a cultural difference in the use of purchasing power definition. Both correct, but not the way we investors want to view it. Please understand I am trying to help you see this and not trying to be negative. I don't want a lop. I want them to do it without a lop and see where the international market will take them. Our chance for ultimate profit resides in a non-lop non 3 zero removal scenario. Be well.

Don't you read government articles/newsletters have you ever see any country use common turmonology such as "To improve purchasing power" - Re-evaluate or re-value it doesn't matter each step is one step closer, and as we all know sometimes translations can be corrupt thus could that mean that the translation of "re-evaluation" could technically have been wrong and ment to be Re-value. Lets face it none of us know's nor controls what they do.

Don't you read government articles/newsletters have you ever see any country use common turmonology such as "To improve purchasing power" - Re-evaluate or re-value it doesn't matter each step is one step closer, and as we all know sometimes translations can be corrupt thus could that mean that the translation of "re-evaluation" could technically have been wrong and ment to be Re-value. Lets face it none of us know's nor controls what they do.

So am I assuming that you believe that our government has no stake or power in this at all? Did they not say they will soon be RVing? You seem to be a skeptic of what seems to me to be clear writing on the wall. I am not saying it will be today or this week but you seem to not see a light at the end of the tunnel attitude (maybe I am wrong). Just curious what your take is on this aside from the re evaluate or revalue... Not knocking you really just curious about your stance. Actually I agree with what you seem to be saying, in that some times we view too much into what is written.

Have a good day and hoping for this to happen soon.

Peace.

Right

Again......removing the 3 zero notes is a partial re-denomination, or maybe one could say "reorganization" of the currency. A lop is the "nuclear option" which involves all the denominations equally. A re-denomination does not HAVE to be "across the board". Too many people here are trying to deal in absolutes. In govt, there are no absolutes.

LOP is impossible and a redenomination is unclear but in my views unlikely... I cant relist and relist all the reasons... it simply gets old. LOP as it is defined is not even something we should use here. Doesnt fit this frame work or economic situation. READ and READ SOME MORE... But what everyone misuses this term to be is possible but unlikely. WE WILL SEE.

I believe based on what I have read and my understanding that this wont be an issue or redenomination. A straight up rv initially low ( just above 1 dollar) then steep climb in first two weeks. Remember this is simply my prediction and belief. Yet, it makes sense that the CBI will want to cash in and allow it to go up based on currency trade. There is so much involved here in my view and the US (as I keep saying) is heavily entrenched)... I believe if everyone here is a little more patient we will all be surpringly happy. Dont cash all out in the first two weeks though... You will be kicking your own profit if you do.

Peace my friend.

• Upvote 1

Thanks imgesing we shall disagree... I am only trying to research the truth versus listen to what ANY guru tells me to believe. The problem is the bull keeps getting passed on from guru to newbie then to a whole new set of newbies and so on. The cycle perpetuates these guru guesses/myths into accepted truths when they are only supposition. Then I get some of the gullible telling me to do my research when I have done extensive research to draw these conclusions.

Yes... I am skeptical about enormous RV numbers that lack any common sense or deductive reasoning behind the argument . They defend the argument to RV/RI usually by stating one of 4 things... oil resources, fiat currency, national pride, and the currency being worthless. These are attractive arguments because they sound really smart but really are empty attempts to rationalize a $1-$5 RV without a lop. I started where you and others are and have come to an understanding of what the parameters of truth are. I see what is possible and what is simply not.

You and others have been mislead as to what a LOP and a re-denomination are. You have been told that they are 2 different things when they are exactly the same thing. The 2 terms have been separated on Dinar blogs to back up guru bull handed down from poster to poster through the last 2 years to fortify a past guru's prophecy. The lies have been built upon lies. Why on Earth would a country that is seeking to simplify their currency for "ease of transactions in the marketplace"... ever remove large denominations with 3 zeros only to then Revalue the exchange rate to $3??? How do you and others logically wrap your rationale behind that? So Shabs is to increase the exchange rate 300,000% from its current market value and you say they are going to remove the large notes from circulation to use smaller ones??? Say what? :huh:

Do you realize that Iraq's biggest note the 25000 is worth $20? So under your scenario... they get rid of the 25000 ($20), the 10,000 ($8), and the 5000 ($3) notes and use the equivalent of nickels, dimes, and quarters to make change? Obviously that is not possible. So you must think that the term Re-denominate means that they change the currency altogether and maybe come up with new notes that mean totally different values then in existence today. So maybe a 5, 10, 25, and 100 Dinar notes become the new currency. Is that right? So the young Iraqi that makes $2300 a year (average Iraqi income) has lets say... a life savings of $2300 as well. Ok... so that is 2,691,000 Dinar. At a $3 dollar overnight RV he becomes an instant millionaire correct? His savings became $3 x 2,691,000 = $8,073,000 overnight! WOW!!!! Good for him! So... now that you just created the new 5, 10, 25, and 100 notes out of thin air... how do you cash him out into the equivalent of his savings I just mentioned? You picked arbitrary numbers without any value justification. How does Iraq account for that strange anomaly? Or... are you suggesting that the nickels, dimes, and quarters are now the 5, 10, and 25 notes cashing out his $8,073,000?

Do you see how absurd this is when you put real numbers behind it? Now multiply that times 30 million Iraqi citizens. Understand that many have no savings whatsoever and then numerous politicians and other fatcats that have $millions in the bank now will have inconceivable amounts of money. For example... lets say our buddy Maliki has $5 million (US) right now. $5million x 1170 = almost 6 Billion Dinar. So upon an overnight $3 RV his savings just became $18 Billion dollars. While 1/3 of the population is in steep poverty with no savings which means the RV will do pretty much nothing for them. You want to do this in a country with security issues and deep sectarian divides and where corruption is the norm? How does the IMF justify this new exchange rate to the rest of the partners in the IMF? The amount must be fair for trading purposes and you have just put the entire world at a trade disadvantage. Importing goods for Iraq will be so cheap that their is no reason to even grow crops or create any other industry. It would cost the Iraqi more to do that then to import everything. What happens when those poor Iraqi's that didn't benefit from the RV have no jobs because they are importing all goods? They steal from the rich. They terrorize the country. Play this out in your head my friend and then come to me with something real and not imaginary please! Lets figure out a real possibility together. In the meantime... lets make sure this new people coming in have some truth in front of them so they don't chose Dinar purchases over mortgage payments. I have repeatedly said I do not want a lop/re-denomination. There is another way we can make significant profit if they do not lop/RD. Thanks for your time and comments.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Thanks imgesing we shall disagree... I am only trying to research the truth versus listen to what ANY guru tells me to believe. The problem is the bull keeps getting passed on from guru to newbie then to a whole new set of newbies and so on. The cycle perpetuates these guru guesses/myths into accepted truths when they are only supposition. Then I get some of the gullible telling me to do my research when I have done extensive research to draw these conclusions.

Yes... I am skeptical about enormous RV numbers that lack any common sense or deductive reasoning behind the argument . They defend the argument to RV/RI usually by stating one of 4 things... oil resources, fiat currency, national pride, and the currency being worthless. These are attractive arguments because they sound really smart but really are empty attempts to rationalize a $1-$5 RV without a lop. I started where you and others are and have come to an understanding of what the parameters of truth are. I see what is possible and what is simply not.

You and others have been mislead as to what a LOP and a re-denomination are. You have been told that they are 2 different things when they are exactly the same thing. The 2 terms have been separated on Dinar blogs to back up guru bull handed down from poster to poster through the last 2 years to fortify a past guru's prophecy. The lies have been built upon lies. Why on Earth would a country that is seeking to simplify their currency for "ease of transactions in the marketplace"... ever remove large denominations with 3 zeros only to then Revalue the exchange rate to $3??? How do you and others logically wrap your rationale behind that? So Shabs is to increase the exchange rate 300,000% from its current market value and you say they are going to remove the large notes from circulation to use smaller ones??? Say what? :huh:

Do you realize that Iraq's biggest note the 25000 is worth $20? So under your scenario... they get rid of the 25000 ($20), the 10,000 ($8), and the 5000 ($3) notes and use the equivalent of nickels, dimes, and quarters to make change? Obviously that is not possible. So you must think that the term Re-denominate means that they change the currency altogether and maybe come up with new notes that mean totally different values then in existence today. So maybe a 5, 10, 25, and 100 Dinar notes become the new currency. Is that right? So the young Iraqi that makes $2300 a year (average Iraqi income) has lets say... a life savings of $2300 as well. Ok... so that is 2,691,000 Dinar. At a $3 dollar overnight RV he becomes an instant millionaire correct? His savings became $3 x 2,691,000 = $8,073,000 overnight! WOW!!!! Good for him! So... now that you just created the new 5, 10, 25, and 100 notes out of thin air... how do you cash him out into the equivalent of his savings I just mentioned? You picked arbitrary numbers without any value justification. How does Iraq account for that strange anomaly? Or... are you suggesting that the nickels, dimes, and quarters are now the 5, 10, and 25 notes cashing out his $8,073,000?

Do you see how absurd this is when you put real numbers behind it? Now multiply that times 30 million Iraqi citizens. Understand that many have no savings whatsoever and then numerous politicians and other fatcats that have $millions in the bank now will have inconceivable amounts of money. For example... lets say our buddy Maliki has $5 million (US) right now. $5million x 1170 = almost 6 Billion Dinar. So upon an overnight $3 RV his savings just became $18 Billion dollars. While 1/3 of the population is in steep poverty with no savings which means the RV will do pretty much nothing for them. You want to do this in a country with security issues and deep sectarian divides and where corruption is the norm? How does the IMF justify this new exchange rate to the rest of the partners in the IMF? The amount must be fair for trading purposes and you have just put the entire world at a trade disadvantage. Importing goods for Iraq will be so cheap that their is no reason to even grow crops or create any other industry. It would cost the Iraqi more to do that then to import everything. What happens when those poor Iraqi's that didn't benefit from the RV have no jobs because they are importing all goods? They steal from the rich. They terrorize the country. Play this out in your head my friend and then come to me with something real and not imaginary please! Lets figure out a real possibility together. In the meantime... lets make sure this new people coming in have some truth in front of them so they don't chose Dinar purchases over mortgage payments. I have repeatedly said I do not want a lop/re-denomination. There is another way we can make significant profit if they do not lop/RD. Thanks for your time and comments.

A++++++++ Drox

Very well said.

+1 to Drox for patiently laying out what should be obvious.

It is always fascinating to watch how numbers work, and how most problems concerning mathematics can factor toward a smaller set of possibilities.

There are still wildcards to consider, as well as a totally different way of thinking from what western civilizations use in their thought processes.

That is why Shabibi is there...

I truly hope that I can take a thousand dollar purchase and watch it gathered two million nine hundred ninety nine thousand dollars out of thin air as a reward for hoping....

I know that the worst outcome (short of introducing new currency and making what I have valueless) would be to have it reduced to $860.00 from a thousand.

I can count on it being somewhere between those possibilities.

When I made my first purchase, I obligated myself to accept the consequences.

The possibility for loss is small. The possibility for gain is high.

The need for reality is constant...

• Upvote 3

DROX,

Actually the info about GURU's and NEWBIES and well less pumpers since all the traders and banks are slowly cutting off. I think it might be due to not having much supply since IRAQ is cutting off the trade.

Maybe an RV soon? I think so. Anyway, as for RV and "L O P" Loss of profit. The terms loss of profit is misused. I have said it many times and the definition is LOSS OF PROFIT and a LOP is akin to a stock split... In other words you need an over inflated economy. Not over inflated dollar amount, but value is over inflated. They do a LOSS OF PROFIT in this situation. Redenomination is a bit different, where as they introduce a new currency to replace the current one. So it is a matter of knowing terms.

Will they do a REDENOM... Not based on what has been said. Also the fact that the USA owns their currency. In fact we implimented and secured the transaction of replacing their currency. So, now you are trying to say that they are going to replace the new currency which is 8 years new and put in a whole new currency. Logic says to me that wont happen. Are they out to make all of us ruch? No way but they also seem to need us and i am certain they know that. They stand to gain a lot by doing this right and lose more by doing it wrong. It is my view that we need them to be successful and they need us for many products and services and security and the list goes on. I personally do not believe this will RV at 3 dollars, if even they CAN support that. What I think they will do is come out in the high .80 to 1.15 or more range and that it will then increase with a floating marker. As this gets opened on the FOREX and world trade it will take off. Why? Because there is a lot still left to gain based on their GNP.

I am not a pumper and I have eyes like the rest of us here. Yet, the truth is not a single person on these sites has any more knowledge than the rest. I hope this comes out in a way which benefits everyone, including Iraq.

Do you think the USA has little to do with what they RV at? I guess you missed something and I really mean that with all due respect. The plan is in place and the USA is entrenched in it.

We will see who is right soon enough. Have a blessed weekend.

Peace

• Upvote 3

Drox has been reading a lot in the last year during my absence. Looks like we've got ourselves a bona fide LOP/RD guru in the house! Great thread, everyone! (Well, not everyone, but I won't call out any names...) :)

Listen to whomever you want, but--REALLY--feel free to think for yourselves as well.

FP

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I love seeing someone with some common since. DROX has done a beautiful job in explaining what has been obvious to me from the start. I am truely amazed that some people have bought into the whole 1000(US) invested in the dinar would after this imaginary RV turn into 3,000,000 (US). OMG some people are so, well i wont say it. I will continue to say i hope for tripling my investment and nothing more. and I feel I would be lucky to get that. +1 for the smart people always

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

wow this thread is still alive!

Well either they will lop and RV (in this scenario if they lopped they can easily adjust their monetary policy and give the dinar a strong exchange rate which would benefit the people)

or

bump up the exchange rate and allow it to appreciate, cycle large denoms out, cycle small denoms in as they are relevant...(could be a long process...)

I do not believe in a straight lop or a straight revalue of anything in the .50-1.00 or higher range....

straight lop - it doesn't add more purchasing power to the currency, they'd have to roll out all new denoms, investor confidence may take a hit (jmho), as brought up in recent lop articles, some people psychologically will be upset because their millions is now thousands.

straight revalue - would be quite incredible as this flies in face of case studies of other countries who re denominated. I'm not saying that it can't happen, i mean look at the mere fact that we have a federal reserve that does what it does. The attention we have given Iraq over the past 8-9 years is incredible. So I suppose anything is possible but I say don't expect it...

DROX,

Actually the info about GURU's and NEWBIES and well less pumpers since all the traders and banks are slowly cutting off. I think it might be due to not having much supply since IRAQ is cutting off the trade.

Maybe an RV soon? I think so. Anyway, as for RV and "L O P" Loss of profit. The terms loss of profit is misused. I have said it many times and the definition is LOSS OF PROFIT and a LOP is akin to a stock split... In other words you need an over inflated economy. Not over inflated dollar amount, but value is over inflated. They do a LOSS OF PROFIT in this situation. Redenomination is a bit different, where as they introduce a new currency to replace the current one. So it is a matter of knowing terms.

Will they do a REDENOM... Not based on what has been said. Also the fact that the USA owns their currency. In fact we implimented and secured the transaction of replacing their currency. So, now you are trying to say that they are going to replace the new currency which is 8 years new and put in a whole new currency. Logic says to me that wont happen. Are they out to make all of us ruch? No way but they also seem to need us and i am certain they know that. They stand to gain a lot by doing this right and lose more by doing it wrong. It is my view that we need them to be successful and they need us for many products and services and security and the list goes on. I personally do not believe this will RV at 3 dollars, if even they CAN support that. What I think they will do is come out in the high .80 to 1.15 or more range and that it will then increase with a floating marker. As this gets opened on the FOREX and world trade it will take off. Why? Because there is a lot still left to gain based on their GNP.

I am not a pumper and I have eyes like the rest of us here. Yet, the truth is not a single person on these sites has any more knowledge than the rest. I hope this comes out in a way which benefits everyone, including Iraq.

Do you think the USA has little to do with what they RV at? I guess you missed something and I really mean that with all due respect. The plan is in place and the USA is entrenched in it.

We will see who is right soon enough. Have a blessed weekend.

Peace

You're right, there are two sides to this coin and I don't understand why some people can't believe there is a chance of a straight RV. It's like playing on a football team and were down 14-7 with :45 seconds left to play and half the team is already giving up on winning.

These lopsters are always defending the "numbers" don't allow for a straight RV, but the numbers also dont make sense with a LOP either. Drox just said the average Iraqi income is $2300. LOP then RV to let say $3 and now that Iraqi is making $6900 annually. Now there are contracts to build millions of homes to counteract poverty. Who going to be able to buy these houses? What bank is going to loan money on a $6900 annual income? I build homes now for a living and I don't care where you live, there is a minimum cost associated with purchasing the materials for a home even if you have dirt cheap labor. So,imo, these numbers do not add up either. I have asked these questions several times and still have not heard an answer which is unusual with this info hounding group. (that's a compliment to everyone by the way) . I'm not being a smart arse either with these questions, I really would like to know how the LOP even with an RV gives them enough money to help their people which is also supposedly one of their goals. Not just reduction of the money supply. Point being that the are other factors playing into this that do give us a chance of an RV as well as a LOP/rd.

KEEP likes to tell everyone were riding unicorns or some shiit like that for not putting all of our faith in these articles because they say things like "turkey" and so fourth.

1. Has there been an article that ever said the word LOP?

2. Delete, remove, raise, lift the "000". KEEP, how do you know they all mean the same? And if they do, why would any person as intelligent as shabibi say 4 different words in the same article and different articles? That's not a translation error either when it is in the same article.

3. WE DON'T KNOW. Were at the goal line. We may get stuffed, we may get in, I'm going down swinging either way.

KEEP, no disrespect to you. It's obvious you're an intelligent guy and you are just trying to stay grounded which is smart, but the news articles shouldn't be taken as gospel just as the gurus. The inconsistantcy of the articles, bad translations, and a corrupt government do not make for a rock solid source of facts either. Look at the minister issue, there is still speculation that they are sat and vice versa. Who knows.

• Upvote 1

Drox has been reading a lot in the last year during my absence. Looks like we've got ourselves a bona fide LOP/RD guru in the house! Great thread, everyone! (Well, not everyone, but I won't call out any names...) :)

Listen to whomever you want, but--REALLY--feel free to think for yourselves as well.

FP

Whoa Whoa Whoa there Horsey!!! I am not a Lop/RD guy and do not want that label. I don't want a lop at all. It is pretty clear to me that these articles all spell out a lop and not what gurus tell you they mean though. The article yesterday even made reference to a lop with a bump up to $3.33 which was quite revealing information in my opinion. That would be a lop + 300% gain. Good... but not really good enough for what we are all hoping for. Why I point it out is because I feel so many were mislead about erroneous things that were not true or possible (notice they are dropping off like flies). I just want to provide a voice of reason and share things I have researched so we can all figure out what is possible together.

Iraq's economy would implode from within if they had a $1 or more straight RV in my opinion. WE do not give them credit for how many extremely intelligent people work in Iraq. Like Shabs and many of the people running oil and investments there. A few ministers are very in the know as well as other economists. Politicians... maybe not so much. They realize that oil is not the end all be all in Iraq. They do not want to be at the mercy of oil/gas price fluctuations forever. They want to round out the economy with many new industries and make it a thriving economy that has more balance. That is a big reason why they are considering a lop/RD. NOTE: I used the word considering! It must go through acceptance of Parliament. I am hoping they shut down the Lop argument once and for all and reveal a plan to use 100k notes instead. That will force them to find another way to reduce the money supply, will ease cash transactions, and would increase our chances at a higher RV number... which I hope to mimic the Saudi's around .30 cents. Thanks for that unwanted football FP :D

These lopsters are always defending the "numbers" don't allow for a straight RV, but the numbers also dont make sense with a LOP either. Drox just said the average Iraqi income is $2300. LOP then RV to let say $3 and now that Iraqi is making $6900 annually. Now there are contracts to build millions of homes to counteract poverty. Who going to be able to buy these houses? What bank is going to loan money on a $6900 annual income? I build homes now for a living and I don't care where you live, there is a minimum cost associated with purchasing the materials for a home even if you have dirt cheap labor. So,imo, these numbers do not add up either. I have asked these questions several times and still have not heard an answer which is unusual with this info hounding group. (that's a compliment to everyone by the way) . I'm not being a smart arse either with these questions, I really would like to know how the LOP even with an RV gives them enough money to help their people which is also supposedly one of their goals. Not just reduction of the money supply. Point being that the are other factors playing into this that do give us a chance of an RV as well as a LOP/rd.

Dear YOURINTELSUX... haha. Great points you make. Again...I am not a lopster. I recently read that the average income was also $4000 but I have only seen that in one article. You are so right. The housing is an extremely important function of the economy. They are building and have plans to build hundreds of thousands of new homes/dwellings. Mostly multi-family from what I gather. $2300 is not sufficient and neither is $6900 really. That number is really pulled down hard by the 20 something percent unemployment. So what they want to do is bring everyone's income up through rebuilding the economy. Investment in country internally and externally will create jobs and financial prosperity to all. The freaking GOI keeps getting in the way though through their incessant bickering. I can assure you they won't be building houses like you build. Have you seen what Bin Laden's mansion looked like? Lots of concrete. Very little lumber. Keep in mind when they do revalue the exchange rate (some), the cost to import goods will drop dramatically. Thus, building will be much cheaper. So wealth and incomes will rise as prices on goods will either drop or remain the same for the most part. Also... I think there is a very good chance Iraq will create an oil revenue share with the citizens and local governments. Wherein the GOI will give an equal portion of the oil profit to each citizen increase their income. Kind of like a dividend.

OBTW... Keep is a good guy. He is trying to keep people grounded. His intentions are not to be negative but to keep people from spending more than they can afford to on this fairly risky investment/gamble we are all having fun with. People are losing their homes, their jobs, their confidence, their minds in this recession. When gurus (and friends) feed this disinformation it hurts people in the end because they want to believe this is their ship. I myself was told it was a can't miss investment to wealth. It is always good to hear both sides, isn't it? Especially when the money you spend on Dinar might be taken from your mortgage or your food or your kid's college savings because someone said you will be rich in a month for doing so. Nobody is trying to shatter anyone's dreams. Just trying to bring some light and different perspective to it by debunking certain lies. ;)

Whoa Whoa Whoa there Horsey!!! I am not a Lop/RD guy and do not want that label. I don't want a lop at all. It is pretty clear to me that these articles all spell out a lop and not what gurus tell you they mean though. The article yesterday even made reference to a lop with a bump up to $3.33 which was quite revealing information in my opinion. That would be a lop + 300% gain. Good... but not really good enough for what we are all hoping for. Why I point it out is because I feel so many were mislead about erroneous things that were not true or possible (notice they are dropping off like flies). I just want to provide a voice of reason and share things I have researched so we can all figure out what is possible together.

Iraq's economy would implode from within if they had a $1 or more straight RV in my opinion. WE do not give them credit for how many extremely intelligent people work in Iraq. Like Shabs and many of the people running oil and investments there. A few ministers are very in the know as well as other economists. Politicians... maybe not so much. They realize that oil is not the end all be all in Iraq. They do not want to be at the mercy of oil/gas price fluctuations forever. They want to round out the economy with many new industries and make it a thriving economy that has more balance. That is a big reason why they are considering a lop/RD. NOTE: I used the word considering! It must go through acceptance of Parliament. I am hoping they shut down the Lop argument once and for all and reveal a plan to use 100k notes instead. That will force them to find another way to reduce the money supply, will ease cash transactions, and would increase our chances at a higher RV number... which I hope to mimic the Saudi's around .30 cents. Thanks for that unwanted football FP :D

Dear YOURINTELSUX... haha. Great points you make. Again...I am not a lopster. I recently read that the average income was also $4000 but I have only seen that in one article. You are so right. The housing is an extremely important function of the economy. They are building and have plans to build hundreds of thousands of new homes/dwellings. Mostly multi-family from what I gather. $2300 is not sufficient and neither is $6900 really. That number is really pulled down hard by the 20 something percent unemployment. So what they want to do is bring everyone's income up through rebuilding the economy. Investment in country internally and externally will create jobs and financial prosperity to all. The freaking GOI keeps getting in the way though through their incessant bickering. I can assure you they won't be building houses like you build. Have you seen what Bin Laden's mansion looked like? Lots of concrete. Very little lumber. Keep in mind when they do revalue the exchange rate (some), the cost to import goods will drop dramatically. Thus, building will be much cheaper. So wealth and incomes will rise as prices on goods will either drop or remain the same for the most part. Also... I think there is a very good chance Iraq will create an oil revenue share with the citizens and local governments. Wherein the GOI will give an equal portion of the oil profit to each citizen increase their income. Kind of like a dividend.

OBTW... Keep is a good guy. He is trying to keep people grounded. His intentions are not to be negative but to keep people from spending more than they can afford to on this fairly risky investment/gamble we are all having fun with. People are losing their homes, their jobs, their confidence, their minds in this recession. When gurus (and friends) feed this disinformation it hurts people in the end because they want to believe this is their ship. I myself was told it was a can't miss investment to wealth. It is always good to hear both sides, isn't it? Especially when the money you spend on Dinar might be taken from your mortgage or your food or your kid's college savings because someone said you will be rich in a month for doing so. Nobody is trying to shatter anyone's dreams. Just trying to bring some light and different perspective to it by debunking certain lies. ;)

Thanks for the info drox. I wasn't calling ya a lopster either by the way . Ha. I apologize if I came off that way! Just a generalization term because I'm honestly don't see how the numbers work either side of the coin and I only hear about the money supply ( which I agree, how can they pull this off besides electronically?), but the LOP issue baffles me as well because it doesn't seem sufficient to complete their goals. Hopefully iraq sees it as a time sensitive issue where the people cannot wait for a gradual increase. Oh well, time will tell. I appreciate your posts drox! I personally think you share lots of great insight. KEEP, you too! Just a little harsh on the delivery sometimes..haha. No worries!