Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Donald Trump's Solution on Gas Prices: Take Iraqi Oil Fields

k98nights

Donald Trump's Solution on Gas Prices: Take Iraqi Oil Fields

GETTY_B_041811_DonaldTrump.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1303184181798

Bill Clark/Roll Call(NEW YORK) -- ABC News' George Stephanopoulos had a feisty 35 minute sit-down with Donald Trump Monday in which he dug in on the "birther" controversy, answered Club for Growth’s charge that he is a “liberal,” talked about a possible independent run and answered viewer questions.

But their interview began with his get-tough approach on gas prices:

Trump: Look at what’s going on with your gasoline prices. They’re going to go to $5, $6, $7 and we don’t have anybody in Washington that calls OPEC and says, "Fellas, it’s time. It’s over. You’re not going to do it anymore." I don’t know if you saw yesterday, Saudi Arabia came out and said very strongly there’s plenty of oil. "We’re going to cut back." You know what cutting back means? They’re going to drive up the price even further.

Stephanopoulos: So, what would you do to back up that threat?

Trump: Oh, it’s so easy George. It’s so easy. It’s all about the messenger. They wouldn’t even be there if it wasn’t for us. If it weren’t for us, they wouldn’t be there. These 12 guys sit around a table and they say, "Let’s just screw the United States." And frankly, the rest of the world.

Stephanopoulos: And so finish this sentence. "If you don’t produce more oil…"

Trump: Look. I’m going to look ‘em in the eye and say, "Fellas, you’ve had your fun. Your fun is over."

Stephanopoulos: So, you would threaten to take away that [security] protection?

Trump: Oh, absolutely. Absolutely. Let’s -- let me tell you something. Oil prices might go down. Because there’s plenty of oil, all over the world. Ships at sea. They don’t know where to dump it. I saw a report yesterday. There’s so much oil, all over the world, they don’t know where to dump it. And Saudi Arabia says, "Oh, there’s too much oil." They -- they came back yesterday. Did you see the report? They want to reduce oil production. Do you think they’re our friends? They’re not our friends.

And Trump was even more specific on what he would do with the Iraq oil fields: seize them.

Trump: George, let me explain something to you. We go into Iraq. We have spent thus far, $1.5 trillion. We could have rebuilt half of the United States. $1.5 trillion. And we’re going to then leave. So, in the old days, you know when you had a war, to the victor belong the spoils. You go in. You win the war and you take it.

Stephanopoulos: It would take hundreds of thousands of troops to secure the oil fields.

Trump: Excuse me. No, it wouldn’t at all.

Stephanopoulos: So, we steal an oil field?

Trump: Excuse me. You’re not stealing. Excuse me. You’re not stealing anything. You’re taking -- we’re reimbursing ourselves -- at least, at a minimum, and I say more. We’re taking back $1.5 trillion to reimburse ourselves.

Copyright 2011 ABC News Radio

http://www.670kboi.c...itemid=29658784

• Upvote 13

Trump isn't in on the plan?

Trump is enjoying some attention. I love lots of what he says, but I don't trust him. He seems like a liberal that is acting like a conservative. What are his motives? Is he going to mess up the chances for a real conservative to get in as president?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Trump is a fool,... and if you want another war...keep spewing that rhetoric and he might just get his wish...`

Agreed. Let's cut the taxes on the gallon of gas. The government takes more in taxes than the company takes in profit. T is a bull in a china shop. His no nonsence rhetoric is refreshing but wrong.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

Trump didn't get wheres he's at by being a fool....It would really be nice having someone stick up for this great country of ours instead of apologizing. It would take someone like Trump to get us back to number one in the world.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 3

Trump might not be the answer but he has some good points. Sometime you have to quit talking and take some action. you can tell people to Not cross that line so much, that they are no longer worried about it, but , once you kick a little butt, like magic , they listen again!! QUIT GIVING EVERYTHING AWAY! PERIOD!!!!

• Upvote 6

Trump might not be the answer but he has some good points. Sometime you have to quit talking and take some action. you can tell people to Not cross that line so much, that they are no longer worried about it, but , once you kick a little butt, like magic , they listen again!! QUIT GIVING EVERYTHING AWAY! PERIOD!!!![

I agree with you, he has the balls aand know how to get this country back on it feet again. Give him four yrs. and see what he does. Can't be any worse then the last two Pres. we have. At least Trump won't say I am sorry for being an American. And I bet he will tackle the illegal problem we have and get them back across the boarder. Maybe we should go after Mexico and demand money from them as it is the illegals that are running up a big portion of our debt. Trump for 2012 oh go RV

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I LIKE HIM.!

....seriously??? what happens when those greedy eyes set sights on you and me?? are you gunna like him when he decided he is intitled to your wealth and "takes whats his"? this guy sounds a nut job taking his baby steps at dictatorship. he think he is gunna take whats his for the so called good of the country without any indication caution or care for US and the rest of the world. but hell this guy coming into presidency would be on par with our last two presidents and how they ran our country. so go ahead and vote your way into your demise... but i seriously hope your joking

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 11

IF D-TRUMP RAN FOR PREZ,I WOULD VOTE FOR HIM.. HE HAS THE ATTITUDE WE NEED TO GET THINGS DONE...INSTEAD OF PUSHING THINGS ON US THAT WE DONT NEED..UM LETS SEE LIKE THE "OBAMA HEALTH CARE BILL",HE KNOWS BIZ,MONEY AND POLITICS.HE'S NOT OUT TO PUSH SOMETHING THAT THE US DON'T NEED.AND HE HAS MONEY,SO THE MILLION DOLLAR PAY CHECK IS CHUMP CHANGE TO HIM.

AND "IN YOUR FACE ATTITUDE" TO BOOT. :twocents:

AND I REALY DONT CARE WHAT YOU BASHERS SAY,I LOVE TO BASH BACK .:twothumbs:

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

"Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death"-- Patrick Henry

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."--Chesty Puller, USMC

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"--Chesty Puller, USMC

"Fellas, you’ve had your fun. Your fun is over." "seize them." --TRUMP

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Hmm... I'm sort of liking the idea of Trump as president.

He bumps heads with China, as he shakes his fists... He understands that China is basically taking advantage of us w/ their exporting of goods.

He would walk into the M.E. and say this is what's up! We supply your countries w/ wealth and that ain't right.. This is going to change.

I believe that a huge lifeline to our way of life is energy. Oil being one of the biggies.. Whether it be to fuel our car or heat our home we basically need it to survive.

Electricity is another lifeline itself (A form of energy) which may help heat or run our vehicles all while supporting us with the necessities to meet day by day expectations.

• Upvote 1

....seriously??? what happens when those greedy eyes set sights on you and me?? are you gunna like him when he decided he is intitled to your wealth and "takes whats his"? this guy sounds a nut job taking his baby steps at dictatorship. he think he is gunna take whats his for the so called good of the country without any indication caution or care for US and the rest of the world. but hell this guy coming into presidency would be on par with our last two presidents and how they ran our country. so go ahead and vote your way into your demise... but i seriously hope your joking

You are right. It is not only in Iraq that not everything is as it seems. Since WWII we just play with war, certainly not to win. We get bored with CSPAN and flip the channel. We forgot the reasons we sayed out of WWI & WWII for so long. For the last 65 yrs we start a fight we don't have the guts to finish. If and I say IF the American public could support a president with these opinions, we would not have to fight any more wars. That will not happen any time soon. I HATE WAR, so lets stop this bolony and produce our own oil and alternate energy. I think I could build solar collectors to cover the state of Delaware for one point however many trillion dollars. !!

As far as our investment. Just when we thought things were settling down, somebody has to stir the pot.

• Upvote 1

I'm paying attention to what Trump has to say. I'm a Believer and a Conservative but I'm listening. It is time that someone comes out and stops this insane political correctness that has been destroying our country and if this bold talk from Trump helps destroys the political correctnes and put some sanity back into our government, I say Go Trump! I'm not saying that he is a viable candidate but people are listening and it will have an effect on the other politicians and possibly straightened out their thinking.

Just saying

• Upvote 3

"Baby steps to dictatorship"...REALLY?????

As opposed to the GARGANTUAN LEAPS the current administration is taking to turn our country into the world's PUNK?????

I think not.....America SHOULD have a POTUS that doesn't take crap off of anybody...and NO that doesn't mean starting a war every 5 mins...but it also doesn't mean being a complete wimp....like the current Hussein Obama.

Everybody on these forums wants a "sure bet" with the dinar.....want to make some REAL MONEY? If Trump becomes POTUS you can bet EVERY CENT YOU HAVE that he will NEVER bow to the king of Saudi Arabia like Hussein Obama did...displaying his wimpdom for the whole world to see ;)

i agree we need a president that is not a complete wimp but this fool IS expressing through his interviews whether he intends to or not that wars WILL be started EVERY 5 minutes in claiming he is gunna take what he wants when he wants. i really feel he has no intention of listening to americas peoples needs, he is another "im gunna do what I... ME! think is best for america, not what america's people tell me what we need." this attitude is what got bush to take us down a notch on the "World Hates Us Scale" and Obama took us down another notch for screwing up our economy further and throwing stones needlessly at useless countries. I cannot deny Trumps ambitious attitude gives him focus, but if he were to tone down the arrogance that symbolizes america already and set his eyes more so on politically and economically damaging china he could be a saviour. but this battery he intends to do to the middle east has been way too played out and digs our grave even deeper.

this guy sounds a nut job taking his baby steps at dictatorship

ow wow, not like that has been said about the recent presidents.....and look at that we are still a republic. no pictures of Herr Bush or Marshall Obama all over the place.

until America actually has no congress, or judiciary system and only one man or a small hand full of people in complete charge, then yes by all means its a dictatorship.

• Upvote 1

Let me tell you guys something, If the US went back into Iraq to take oil fields, you want see the last of the insurgents. That would be suicide, and Kurds up north will never go for that crap. The Kurds are living pretty good and it surely would make more problems for us. Don't be stupid Mr. Trump. Stick to the Dinar RV, it is the quickest way to pay our selves back.