Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Think about it, it's TIME for new money

I think I have read somewhere that a dollar bill here is suppose to last 18 months. Then you add a couple of months for each denomination going up.

So really, when you think about it this money has been in the system a long time. Longer than it should.

It has to deteriorate and get torn, dirty and ripped.

So, if you have to replace them soon anyway, why not make it easier to use for the common folk by chopping off the zeros. They don't seem to be doing anything anyway.

If a goat burger, fries and coke cost 8.5K then it would be easier to give back a buck fifty than fifteen hundred.

I mean would you look at your girlfriend at that awkward moment right before your first kiss and say "Nineteen Hundred Dollars for Your Thoughts"?

Or get mad when you get a thousand dollar bill on it that says www.wheresSHIBIBI.com <------ LOL My favorite

Just rambling on I guess. Whatever happens will happen, but I'm sure when it's over some of us will be elated with whatever we get and for some it won't be enough. No matter how much it changes.

BUDS!

Chuck

• Upvote 1

I agree with the thought that money wears out, but I think you need to see my response in the dinar new section...considering how may bills are new and uncirculated that they would draw back in with an RV at .05 US. Just read it!

It would cost them to much money to reprint new bills at .06 cents each? lol

Crapp if I knew you were going to post this 2 times I would have copy pasted my response and posted it here too...

Oh what the heck here it is... By the way if you post things only once it will be easier to get all of the responses on one post and all you will have to do is open up one..

Here it is

I was just looking in my wallet and I have bills from 1996,2003,2005,2006,2009 and they are US dollars and they have been in many wallets and floated around for many years.. The Iraqi dinar I have I aquired in 2005 and it has sat in my safe since than so I think that they haven't had as much wear and tear and deterioriating as the US currency I have in my wallet right now. So my dinar like I am sure most of it out there in our posession is in good shape since it hasn't been out in the system as much as the US currency and just sat in safes and safety security boxes

When I worked at a place which took US currency if it was ripped or worn or dirty or even defaced with writting on it ,that's when we filled out a form and forwarded it to the US Treasury for a reissue of a cleaner bill and they destroyed or did whatever they wanted with that old rotten bill.. All I am saying is the dinar we have is in good shape and I am sure that that the Iraqi's won't replace the money untill it's deemed necessary and they will probably do it as the bills come in,,

Go Rv

God Bless America

Read more:

I didn't post it 2 times. They moved it and somehow it got duplicated.

I also know bills only have so long of a 'lifetime' That was the one small thing about this post. Not bills sitting in a box, bills being USED every day in country.

Of course you have a 1996 dollar, but how many 1996 dollars have been destroyed?

That was my only question. My post was meant to show that Iraq has only had one printing of currency and it has been YEARS ago.

It might come into play when they start talking about what to do with their currency. One guy could say "Well, the bills have run their cycle anyway"

The USA prints money daily, Iraq did not.

I'll go back to licking lead paint chips now.

buds

chuck

Edited by DeadGuy
  • Upvote 1

The US redesigns the currency every 7 years to thwart counterfeiting.

A conversation with a dinar dealer revealed an average 90 day lifespan of a dinar bill in heavy use.

While confirmation on the US currency is fairly easy to find, I can only speculate on the dinar...