Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Counterfit Dinar

rottman3

Has anyone heard that dinar bought from DT are counterfit due the serial numbers are all the same. This is spreading like wildfire here in Afghanistan.

Oh Lord, please do not let this be true...... I'm a newbie who was steered to DT from a friend and this is the last thing I need to fear.

Thnx for the heads-up, though. I appreciate the post.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

IF and I repeat IF there are any counterfeit notes they would be in the Middle East, not in western countries. It is just not profitable to counterfeit them here, for sure. They are not worth the paper you would print them on and certainly would not sell for a profit to investors, not at the rate they would get for them. Just not worth it and won't pass the test once the RV hist so they wouldn't be able to try to pass them at a bank or exchange.

However, in the middle east, if you are getting well worn notes, they could be the work of a colour photocopier in same weight paper but not banknote paper ... maybe some unknowing foreign soldier or contractor might accept one or a few or some, not knowing and being targetted by more Afghanis to sell this poor boob more. But I doubt it very much. It just isn't something that would be wide spread at all ... no profit. Making even poor counterfeit money needs a market to make a profit and these notes, as they are, are just not worth the effort.

I wouldn't worry about it.

smee2

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Has anyone heard that dinar bought from DT are counterfit due the serial numbers are all the same. This is spreading like wildfire here in Afghanistan.

Why would you have any faith in someone who can't spell COUNTERFEIT?

In any event, it is most unlikely for smee'S reasons

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I find it odd that two threads have been started within the past ten minutes asking this exact question by two different newbie members in Afghanistan. One of the things that stands out to me is the fact that both members used the word counterfeit with the same incorrect spelling. And most are aware that counterfeiting outside of a country where a currency is used would be highly unprofitable in most cases.I don't believe that was the question the op was asking...He was asking if DT was selling counterfeit notes(possibly receiving counterfeits from their M.E. suppliers)... not if DT had become a counterfeiter.

• Upvote 1

Amazing...just amazing.... learn to verify your own notes, there are sites to include DT that tells you what to look for. Orrrrr, you could reade Doc31 post on verifying your currency. As a side note....Why would one of your first posts be a disparaging remark?? just a question

• Upvote 1

Smee, not sure why you got a (-) for a well thought out answer. I gave you a +1 to even you out. Seems ridiculous to this newbie for you to get it. I always appreciate your posts and answers to our questions.

I agree that Smee had a well thought out post. But I would bet that the op (-) it because it didn't have any bearing on the question that was asked and was not an answer.I could be wrong, but I took the question to be asking if DT may possibly be receiving counterfeit notes from their M.E. suppliers and then selling them through their site.