Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Being that the LOP topic has beaten to death, I am throwing this out there as more logical points than anything else.

1st point - Based on current news / rumor's floating around on the deletion of zero's; to me it only makes sense that it applies to the rate. Currently the following notes are offered for purchase, at least through TD Bank.

Now, if a 3 digit lop occurs:

50 = 50

250 = 250

500 = 500

1,000 = 1

5,000 = 5

10,000 = 10

25,000 = 25

Now I would consider myself very smart in math, but even a math major could find no logic in this. The larger notes become worth less than the smaller notes. I could only imagine how much confusion this would cause with virtually everyone.

2nd point - if has the belief that a RV could do nothing but help the US and their debt crisis, do you think a LOP in currency is getting them anywhere? Lets look at it from tax perspectives. Now to lop denoms and then RV just seems like a very weird road to follow, but in this case it is the example. I do not know what tax rate will be so will use 20%.

LOP Currency = A person who help 1,000,000 now has 1,000 RV at $3 now has $3K and pays $600 in taxes.

LOP Rate = A person who held 1,000,000 still has 1,000,000 at .86¢ now has $860,000 and pays $172,000 in taxes.

So balance here $600 or $172,000 in taxes. As much as we like the lower number, the government like the higher one plus the more money people have, the more spending power they have, the more that help all parties involved.

3rd point - if the idea is to get the currency back in so it can be taken from circulation, you think the lop on the notes will do that. I would not even consider trading back in on a denom lop unless they give me a RV of $20.

I looked at this investment and the sale of dinar as not us buying currency to finance a country rebuild but to better the economies all over the world. After all, no one is going to cash in and put every dollar in an underground vault. Some will pay off debt, others will buy new items, some will even cycle through all of it real fast, but the end fact is, you will still be contributing to cycling money through the economy.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Thanks for the post - just to throw it out there - a $50 dinar note would be $.50 (cents), a $100 dinar would be $1.00 ... a $250,000 would be $250.00 - Just like Turkey you move the decimal point. - Using your example for #1 above. I'm not saying LOP or NO LOP or saying I understand Arabic or Farsi translations - Just using what they did in Turkey as all the articles keep referencing. They simply moved the decimal point over six (6) places. But they had $1,000,000 (million) notes - so $1,000,000 became $1.00. If the article that we are reading are acurate, we know they're (Iraq/IMF) intention is to reduce liquidity by 70% and to increase the actual value of the IQD (Shabbi said this in the IMF country report - he's been about the only reliable source there is in the last few years) - Again, thanks for the Post, I appreciate the effort!!! - RS

Being that the LOP topic has beaten to death, I am throwing this out there as more logical points than anything else.

1st point - Based on current news / rumor's floating around on the deletion of zero's; to me it only makes sense that it applies to the rate. Currently the following notes are offered for purchase, at least through TD Bank.

50 = 50

250 = 250

500 = 500

1,000 = 1

5,000 = 5

10,000 = 10

25,000 = 25

Now I would consider myself very smart in math, but even a math major could find no logic in this. The larger notes become worth less than the smaller notes. I could only imagine how much confusion this would cause with virtually everyone.

2nd point - if has the belief that a RV could do nothing but help the US and their debt crisis, do you think a LOP in currency is getting them anywhere? Lets look at it from tax perspectives. Now to lop denoms and then RV just seems like a very weird road to follow, but in this case it is the example. I do not know what tax rate will be so will use 20%.

LOP Currency = A person who help 1,000,000 now has 1,000 RV at $3 now has $3K and pays $600 in taxes.

LOP Rate = A person who held 1,000,000 still has 1,000,000 at .86¢ now has $860,000 and pays $172,000 in taxes.

So balance here $600 or $172,000 in taxes. As much as we like the lower number, the government like the higher one plus the more money people have, the more spending power they have, the more that help all parties involved.

3rd point - if the idea is to get the currency back in so it can be taken from circulation, you think the lop on the notes will do that. I would not even consider trading back in on a denom lop unless they give me a RV of $20.

I looked at this investment and the sale of dinar as not us buying currency to finance a country rebuild but to better the economies all over the world. After all, no one is going to cash in and put every dollar in an underground vault. Some will pay off debt, others will buy new items, some will even cycle through all of it real fast, but the end fact is, you will still be contributing to cycling money through the economy.

Actualy no. It lops all the way down even the small denominations

50 = .005

250 = .25

500 = .50

1,000 = 1

5,000 = 5

10,000 = 10

25,000 = 25

Read more:

Thanks for the post - just to throw it out there - a $50 dinar note would be $.50 (cents), a $100 dinar would be $1.00 ... a $250,000 would be $250.00 - Just like Turkey you move the decimal point. - Using your example for #1 above. I'm not saying LOP or NO LOP or saying I understand Arabic or Farsi translations - Just using what they did in Turkey as all the articles keep referencing. They simply moved the decimal point over six (6) places. But they had $1,000,000 (million) notes - so $1,000,000 became $1.00. If the article that we are reading are acurate, we know they're (Iraq/IMF) intention is to reduce liquidity by 70% and to increase the actual value of the IQD (Shabbi said this in the IMF country report - he's been about the only reliable source there is in the last few years) - Again, thanks for the Post, I appreciate the effort!!! - RS

Exactly....your right on the money there!!! Not bashing you at all Kramer FYI.....but RS is right about what would happen to the notes.....and of course if you do believe fully in that this was to save the global economy it wouldnt make sense but at the same time there is nothing to back that theory....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I agree, even if it were a factual evidence, with Iraq anything is unknown. I do think if a lop occurs that you will have a very large number of people very disappointed in this investment. I mean if the average person held 2,000,000 they now have 2,000/ Even at a RV rate of $3 gives them $6K and after taxes maybe $4K, minus what they invested for that 2 million leaving them a profit of $2K. Now from an investment standpoint this is a good return if you have had in the short term, but for people who have held it 7 years, not so much. In essence you invested $2k to double your money. I can make a bet on a sporting event and double my money in 2-3 hours. Again, from my view I bought into this with the idea it could pay off high in the end but if not then it is the way it is..but some bought into it with the basis of retiring or paying off debt, buying a new house and think in their eyes, they will be disappointed with it in the end if it does turn out to go the LOP route.

What about all the investment contracts they've signed for millions and millions of dinars?? Does that mean the contracts are down to thousands??? And furthermore why would they worry about having all their debt payed off if the value remains the same?

Just asking........ :huh:

1st point -

50 = 50

250 = 250

500 = 500

1,000 = 1

5,000 = 5

10,000 = 10

25,000 = 25

Now I would consider myself very smart in math, but ...

Um, 50 divided by 1000 is not 50. 250 divided by 1000 is not 250. 500 divided by 1000 is not 500.

LOP Currency = A person who help 1,000,000 now has 1,000 RV at $3 $0.86 now has $3000 $860 and pays $600 $0 in taxes. Nothing like you just described has ever happened.

Your LOP Rate scenario just bankrupted Iraq. They are going to do what is good for Iraq, not you.

In a redenomination, the entire series of currency is exchanged for a new series. You can hold out until after the end of the exchange period if you want to. That will show 'em.

I think, Slum Dame,said it all when she referenced past contracts that were signed by Iraq, in the millions and even trillions of dinars. So, I guess there was some clause in these contractsconcerning a future change in currency (lop). Now remember, the dinar is pegged to the dollar. Maybe all these currency experts can explain what will happen then. Also, I think I remember Kuwait doing fairly well, on their revaluation. They are certainly not bankrupt.

Keep in mind Kuwait has 3 million people and Iraq has 30 million plus.

There is so much more to this investment than we little people could possibly know

How many countries will RV there currency?

How many back room deals have made by the G20 group or the Arab countries?

The US Government has been spending money like it's confetti

How many countries were paid off through QE1 and QE2?

How many countries said okay you take this currency and we'll take this one just to level the currency playing field?

Do you really think it's a coincidence that the Arab countries fell like dominos???? :blink:

A tisket a tasket let's all take some from the basket!!!!

I could be wrong about all or any of these thoughts but I do know this. This thing is HUGE..... :o:D:o every day I learn something knew....

slum dame B) B)

What about all the investment contracts they've signed for millions and millions of dinars?? Does that mean the contracts are down to thousands??? And furthermore why would they worry about having all their debt payed off if the value remains the same?

Just asking........ :huh:

Ok, they signed a contract for 100 million dinars worth 100 thousand USD. After they LOP the 100 million dinars become 100 thousand dinars worth 100 thousand USD.