Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Info from Boots on Ground

taji2

What does the cost of a Visa have to do with the RV?

Just gives a little credence to the country's development and sovereignty. Not really a direct correlation per se, but just another piece of the puzzle Iraq is putting together when stepping back on the scene.

I am beginning to wonder, what will happen to America's ability to supply "contractors" in Iraq after the RV? If they all have inside information, and all bought dinar, and are all just waiting for the RV to quit and go home ... not honouring the balance of a contract ... the contracting companies are going to have to scramble to find suitable replacements. Well, okay, maybe that will be a bonus ... make current staff independently wealthy, they go home, spend money and taxes in the US, some unemployed US citizens take thos jobs, boosts the economy. That's good. Unfortunately the new contractors won't have the prospect of RV and dinar speculation to rely on for a quick trip home. And unless the contracting company is paying humongous wages I don't see a lot of people willing to go to Iraq and work where bombs in boxes on the sidewalk or in a parked car, or on someone walking through the mall, go off almost on a daily basis.

Just thinking ..

smee2

You are correct. He also told me that the company he is working for is beginning to hire alot of new hires and also alot of rehires. He even suggested that I return. The money is still paid out the same, in USD. The threat is not as bad as you think.

• Upvote 2

I am beginning to wonder, what will happen to America's ability to supply "contractors" in Iraq after the RV? If they all have inside information, and all bought dinar, and are all just waiting for the RV to quit and go home ... not honouring the balance of a contract ... the contracting companies are going to have to scramble to find suitable replacements. Well, okay, maybe that will be a bonus ... make current staff independently wealthy, they go home, spend money and taxes in the US, some unemployed US citizens take thos jobs, boosts the economy. That's good. Unfortunately the new contractors won't have the prospect of RV and dinar speculation to rely on for a quick trip home. And unless the contracting company is paying humongous wages I don't see a lot of people willing to go to Iraq and work where bombs in boxes on the sidewalk or in a parked car, or on someone walking through the mall, go off almost on a daily basis.

Just thinking ..

smee2

I know someone who works for Blackwater (a private security firm) and they DO make humongous wages!

• Upvote 1

Just thinking ..

smee2

Smee - Not an issue AT ALL. There will be a turnover, with plenty of new people to take those jobs - at HUMONGOUS wages, paid with your tax dollars, as they always have been since they stopped the draft and went partially private for military. EX: truck mechanics for Halliburton paid 10K a month while the same ones in this man's Army paid $1,700 mo. for the same work (about 2007)

I know someone who works for Blackwater (a private security firm) and they DO make humongous wages!

Funny, Blackwater has not been in existence for over a year, it was renamed. Did the person you know forget to tell you that?

FYI the people that work for Xe make solid compensation directly correlated to the skills they bring (MOST ARE EX SF PERSONELL) and the danger they are exposed to. I would say that they actually make what they should make rather than working for our government making peanuts.

What you deem "HUMONGOUS WAGES" might be just a decent salary to others. And yes, I do know two people that have worked for both organizations’ and they make mid six figure salaries and earn every damn penny they make.

Just thinking ..

smee2

I know people working in Iraq.After this RV I too plan to investigate opening an electrical contracting company there,or going to work for the same company as my friends work for.Yes I may be wealthy by then,or maybe not.I would be there now if it wasn't for some family issues that need to be resolved first.The more we can do as westerners to help promote democracy and improve the life of the Iraqi people,the better off we and the rest of the world will be for it.Yes there are risks.It is no less than what our soldiers have done to provide many in the world this opportunity in the first place.

Although the majority of military was supplied by the US,many countries contributed to the downfall of Saddam and the possibility of a new democratic society emerging from the destruction.This is going to take time my friends,but it is evident by all the progress made that this is what the Iraqi people want and what the US and others have fought......and died for.

These sacrifices have led to a truly historic event in the Middle East.An emerging nation with the potential to become the wealthiest on the face of the planet.They are going to need help.Left alone they will not achieve these goals and IMO it is now the duty of those of us with the skills to try and carry on where the soldiers left off.To help re-build what we helped destroy.To help bring Iraq into the 21st century.....and their currency along with it!!

As for the pay over there,well let's just say it is pretty darn good right now and once there is more demand for experienced trades etc...it will get even better.Security is of course an issue but the work sites are well protected according to my friends and the Iraqi people truly appreciate the efforts by the contractors to help rebuild their country.Once Iraq becomes more stable all types of companies,services,products etc. will be needed there.The opportunities will be endless in Iraq to increase any wealth achieved by this RV and I intend to capitalize on that,while at the same time trying to do some good both at home and there.

Just my :twocents: I hope we all benefit greatly from this investment and use our new found wealth wisely.

Cheers,

Sparky

• Upvote 2

Just a question? How does he know it's been signed off on paper? Because I know contractors here in the US are kept apprised of situations like that-----ex. when requesting a new law, they are the "know" that Congress has signed passed it---NOT

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I have two friends that work for CSA - one in Iraq and one in Kuwait. These two guys are where I get a lot fo my intel from. They email aboout a lot of stuff and they also look around on this site. I told them to see if they can confirm this. Waiting on their reply. I just hope and pray so...

• Upvote 1

most overseas contractors make bank, any were from 65,000 a year to 120,000 a year depends on the job.

actually some of us make more than that. the bottom camp manager makes 200,000+ and the top spot in a Trade's is 250,000

65k-120k is the base you still add the uplift and hazard pay makes it about triple .

• Upvote 1

Funny, Blackwater has not been in existence for over a year, it was renamed. Did the person you know forget to tell you that?

FYI the people that work for Xe make solid compensation directly correlated to the skills they bring (MOST ARE EX SF PERSONELL) and the danger they are exposed to. I would say that they actually make what they should make rather than working for our government making peanuts.

What you deem "HUMONGOUS WAGES" might be just a decent salary to others. And yes, I do know two people that have worked for both organizations’ and they make mid six figure salaries and earn every damn penny they make.

Yes Black water changed their name to XE. However, most of the guys have always and will always refer to themselves as Black water.

• Upvote 1

My friend still working as a contractor in Iraq informed me today that the RV has been completed on paper. We are now just waiting on it to go on the market. Also, Iraq now has new visa standards, primarily the cost of approximately $80 versus its previous $2 or so. He also stated that the deadline for the RV to take place is June 1st, but they would like for it to be in place by the time of the Summit in May. He is confident in his source and excited about the potential of returning home for good soon. GO RV GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Taji2, Great post! And for a change it really sounds very believable! ;)

I hope it’s right on as it sounds, I want to get excited but I just can't go there yet but your friend’s information really makes me want to get excited! :lol: one + for you for the best reading and logical post in Rumors in quite some time! :D Thank you..

GO GO GO RV!!! I'll see you on the Beach! B)

Merlin....

They are worth every penny. 2004 they saved my ass on tampa after a IED

• Upvote 1

Here's the reason for the $80 visas---there will only be an in-house RV,so everybody that holds dinars will have to go to Iraq to cash in---just think,if 2 million people hold dinars--that;s 160 million dollars that the Iraq will make on the RV---not countinf the millions of dollars they will make on the hotels,food,transportation,etc. they will make on your visit---------but the BAD news is---they are charging $10,000 for an exit visa---now,the will make 20 BILLION off of all holders of dinars. WHAT a windfall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And here you thought the Iraqis were dumb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey folks. I'm just funning with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

actually some of us make more than that. the bottom camp manager makes 200,000+ and the top spot in a Trade's is 250,000

65k-120k is the base you still add the uplift and hazard pay makes it about triple .

If you are getting paid 65K a year you are getting ripped off. No position I know of starts that low.

And yes, the new entry visa is $202 in cash, crisp bills preferably according to the BIAP immigration. Hilarious.

• Upvote 2

If you are getting paid 65K a year you are getting ripped off. No position I know of starts that low.

And yes, the new entry visa is $202 in cash, crisp bills preferably according to the BIAP immigration. Hilarious.

I agree 100%,those brave enough to be there are worth every cent if not more!! Thanks for the info..........................................GO RV 2011 BABY!!!!!