Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

American Contractor - April 13, 2011

Bumper64

When it comes to Iraq, it seems that any kind

of trivial comment snowballs into an out of control rumor

THAT’S THE GURUS FOR YOU

Unfortunately, there is a large

percentage of Iraqi's that have defaulted on their bank loans in

recent months.

TRUE THEN PERHAPS IF THE IRAQ GOI GAVE A RATS BUM ABOUT THE PUBLIC THEY WOULD NOT HAVE TO DEFAULT ON LOANS THEY CANT PAY BACK WITH TOILET PAPER.

EVERY IRAQ NATIONAL IN THE LAST 10 YEARS HAVE HAD THERE WEALTH STRIPED FROM BENEATH THEM, SADLY IT ALL STARTED WHEN THE COALITION INVADED IRAQ.

NOW THE COALITION IS WAITING FOR IRAQ TO GIVE BACK WHAT DEBT IT OWES TO THEM.

AGAIN IT’S GOING TO BE VERY LONG WAIT

They now

remove the two zero's and the selling price is .50 usd. However,

If you give an Iraqi merchant a $1.00 usd the Iraqi merchant will

not give you back any change.

THAT’S BECAUSE THERE ISNT A MERCHANT IN IRAQ THAT WANTS THE IQD, ONLY PEOPLE THAT WANT IT ARE WE SUCKERS

The Arab League Summit will commence on 10 and 11 May and will be

held inside the International Zone, formerly the green zone. Iraq

is making some progress with continuing to clean up the streets and

remove t-walls that lined up the streets

SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT EVERY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD DOES THIS

ROB THE POOR TO FEED THE RICH, PULL OUT ALL THE STOPS WHEN GUESTS ARRIVE.

WHEN WILL THE GOI STOP FEEDING THE GREEN ZONE????

NO DIFFERENT THAN LIBYA, YOU HAD TRIPOLI (RICH, COVERED IN GOLD) THEN YOU HAD THE REST OF THE COUNTRY, YEP SADLY THAT TOOK 30 YEARS UNTIL EVEN THEY REALISED THIS IS JUST NOT RIGHT

Just so we are clear on the above post.

AC gives it to you straight; I have never bashed AC as it’s the only one that does not post BS

AC thank you very much for all you do :D

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

The way the removing of the 3 zero's is described sounds like a lop to me, but he says it is not a lop. Does anyone know why that would be so?

R2,..if they remove three zeros from the currency and the exchange rate,..the value does not change,..it just lowers the 27 trillion dinars to 27 billion dinars,..and the citizens don't have to carry as much paper, that's the way I understand it,..then it's not a dreaded LOP,..and then a sensible rate of RV would be practical and well within reach. Just my take on this !

I hope this is what they do, it would be good for our investment !

Good Things To All !

Be optimistic! They can't let their citizens walk around with all of those large denominations after they RV. Even if they RV at $1 USD for 1 IQD, somebody is going to be making a lot of change when they buy that coke for 50 cent USD value. I would be very interested in getting the larger denominations out of circulation if I was going to RV at a high rate. Just makes "cents". Sorry for the pun! Had my evening "calm me down" glass of wine. Apparently it isn't working yet.

I believe! I believe! I believe!

AC says:

"It is important to note that this re-denomination

will have no effect on the purchasing power of the Iraqi dinar.

This is not a LOP and definitely NOT the RV that everyone has been

speculating about and watching for the last eight years."

Why would Iraq go to the trouble and expense to re-denominate(issue new currency) if as AC says it will have NO effect on the purchasing power of the dinar??? It's not a LOP and NOT an RV, so what is it and why do it. Sorry, doesn't make any sense. If there is no gain for the people and the economy they will be no further ahead by doing this and certainly not internationally recognized. I'm sorry but not buying this.

AC is correct. They are simply exchanging large notes for small. Like changing $100 bill into five $20 bills. That's all. Does not affect the purchasing power at all. RV is a totally seperate issue and that will come as their economy improves over time.

Edited by mentalmagic
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

That only works if the rate is a buck.

It would be nice if they also removed 3 decimal places from the dollar conversion figure at the same time.

Then, 1 Dinar would be worth around $1.17 USD, and the Coke episode would have meaning and parity.

Not that I think it would happen, as it is is far too easy.

It would serve to wean the Iraqis off the USD, and start with a figure that could float to a more realistic value once Iraq gets into produciton.

Once again, this seems too easy; I am obviously missing something.....

Just to clarify and make it clear, the Central Bank of Iraq is not shredding the Iraqi Dinar as some would like to suggest and imply.

There is absolutely no truth to this rumor.

"

I do find it intersting that he pointed out that the large bills were being removed, but not destroyed.

I hope he wasn't referring to corruption (wink wink, nudge nudge)

The paper stock the notes are printed on doesn't look like the notes would have much more than 90 to 120 day life span while in circulation.

Removing them from circulation couldn't be that hard to do, as long as they had velocity and were being moved through the economy...

Any way you look at it, including dropping the 3 zeros and introducing the 2 coins, there is still no way to make change for a purchase less than a Dinar.

ONE OF THE BEST POSTS ON HERE!!!!

THAT’S THE GURUS FOR YOU

TRUE THEN PERHAPS IF THE IRAQ GOI GAVE A RATS BUM ABOUT THE PUBLIC THEY WOULD NOT HAVE TO DEFAULT ON LOANS THEY CANT PAY BACK WITH TOILET PAPER.

EVERY IRAQ NATIONAL IN THE LAST 10 YEARS HAVE HAD THERE WEALTH STRIPED FROM BENEATH THEM, SADLY IT ALL STARTED WHEN THE COALITION INVADED IRAQ.

NOW THE COALITION IS WAITING FOR IRAQ TO GIVE BACK WHAT DEBT IT OWES TO THEM.

AGAIN IT’S GOING TO BE VERY LONG WAIT

THAT’S BECAUSE THERE ISNT A MERCHANT IN IRAQ THAT WANTS THE IQD, ONLY PEOPLE THAT WANT IT ARE WE SUCKERS

SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT EVERY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD DOES THIS

ROB THE POOR TO FEED THE RICH, PULL OUT ALL THE STOPS WHEN GUESTS ARRIVE.

WHEN WILL THE GOI STOP FEEDING THE GREEN ZONE????

NO DIFFERENT THAN LIBYA, YOU HAD TRIPOLI (RICH, COVERED IN GOLD) THEN YOU HAD THE REST OF THE COUNTRY, YEP SADLY THAT TOOK 30 YEARS UNTIL EVEN THEY REALISED THIS IS JUST NOT RIGHT

Just so we are clear on the above post.

AC gives it to you straight; I have never bashed AC as it’s the only one that does not post BS

AC thank you very much for all you do :D

Edited by Ha Ha Ha
  • Upvote 2

R2,..if they remove three zeros from the currency and the exchange rate,..the value does not change,..it just lowers the 27 trillion dinars to 27 billion dinars,..and the citizens don't have to carry as much paper, that's the way I understand it,..then it's not a dreaded LOP,..and then a sensible rate of RV would be practical and well within reach. Just my take on this !

I hope this is what they do, it would be good for our investment !

Good Things To All !

i hear the same ting so lets keep the faith america rocks