Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The central bank about to put the final touches on the draft to three zeros of the Iraqi dinar

So if the US does have $7 trillion IQD, what happens to that in case of a LOP? I find it hard to believe we let that money just go to waste. Who knows though? I agree with the lady that said she wants this out of her life, good or bad. What a cluster fudge! Anyone that can say its going to 100% its gonna LOP or RV is outta their mind. Theres one article saying they are going to "remove" the zeros from the currency and the IQD will remain the same value, then another one saying they are going to "raise" the zeros in increase the value. Fact is, who knows? But for all the poopy pants naysayers, Singapore just rv'd, why cant iraq now?

IF there is a LOP and IF theUS does have 7,000,000,000,000 IQD... then the US still has $602,000,000,000 (Six Hundred Billion Dollars) worth of IQD. The LOP does not change the value... just the numbers representing the value.

Iraq has 24 trillion (or 27 trillion depending upon whose numbers you use) IQD in circulation and LOPs off the three zeros from its currency. This means 24 billion post-LOP IQD will be in circulation, each with an initial value of $0.8547 US. So the total value of all post-LOP IQD = pre-LOP IQD = approximately $20B US. The country has two and half times that ($50B US) in reserve. Anyway you look at it, the IQD is severely undervalued. The GOI is going to have to adjust the value of the IQD after the LOP or simply allow the price to set by market forces on Forex. It will be a reasonable return on investment either way. It just won't be 3,000,000 to 1 as so many blindly hoped for.

Hats off to you for pointing out something I never thought to figure.

24T in circulation outside of banks... -- Not entirely sure, but I believe a large % would be within their own country.... Foreign Govt.'s likely hold IQD on reserve (And also would not likely cash-in, even upon a RV as it is basically something to hedge against.. Imagine how much USD China sits on in their reserves)

Basically 24B if they LOP

They nearly have 50B in the DFI funds

The Crude revenue they bring in on a yearly basis would also exceed the total value of IQD in circulation (post-LOP)

And these are figures used in IQD-value, not USD.

So in other words... If they were to LOP - a wealthy billionaire could basically buy up their entire currency if they wished (technically speaking).. Think about that 1 for a second....

Ponder that concept for awhile & tell me.. Why LOP?

So doesn't it seem like a no brainer investment lop or no lop? You either make a killing on your investment if it rv's, or it lop's and you turn your IQD in for about what you paid for them less the broker charge. Someone let me know if thats accurate.

Thus the reason that many of us are in this...

A potentially huge return, with very little risk.

Ok, Guys, I know this is a stretch (a reeeaaallll long one), BUT:

WHAT IF..... they exchanged all "3 zero currency" ONLY internally for new denoms at the bank and in their payrolls, removing them from circulation. THEN they lop the rate only to 0.86. This way they don't have everybody in the country walking around as new millionaires and now not needing to go to work at a real job (or herding goats for the poor folks). A full blown RV would be detrimental for the welfare of their own country's operational infrastructure; economic or otherwise. Nobody would want to work. A full blown top dollar RV iinternally as well as externally is UNLIKELY AT BEST. For that currency which was exported and cannot be exchanged, the value remains the same. 25k notes=25k IQD and is exchangeable at the new 0.86 rate. This would not P-off the investors and all the very powerful people and businesses who bought hundreds of millions of dinar (including the US Gub'ment).

Remember, we still have them by the Huevos. They owe the US and many other countries and companies BIG TIME! Why would the US buy over $600 million dollars worth of Dinar only to have it remain worthless or have to exchange it? Do you think the US and everyone else Iraq owes would let that happen? We STILL control a lot of what goes on there. Why else did Mailiki look "*****-slapped" when he came out of the video-conference with Gates? Now all of a sudden all this activity.

We won't be told anything if RV; no runs on the currency desired at the last minute. We will know everything if Lop. No reason to hide it. OTOH.....We could be told Lop if RV, remembering China's misinformation. The question is...and someone alluded to TV commercials... What are IRAQIS being told? THAT is what matters!

Ok, probably just noise out my butt, but it's my opinion.

Fish

Edited by FishmanTx
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

maybe they didnt make it clear enough. they said remove the ZEROS FROM THE CURRENCY, for those who dont know what that is, it is what you are currently holding (currency) i am not saying that this article is real, but it 100% no doubt about it means lop, there are no if's and's or butts about it. put the koolaid down folks i want to wake up rich as well, but we will make 3 times (if you have $1000 invested you will get back $2-3000 back). trust me i have a masters in economics that is what this all means.

Could it be that the inaccuracies of google translator has caused the statement "Zeros from the currency" to take on a different meaning?. Like yourself, I have an advanced degrees in economics and I don't see what you see. Could be that I am not disciplined in currency transactions, or comparative world economics, however, I would very much enjoy hearing your opinion on why you feel as you do. thanks

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

SMOKE AND MIRRORS, SMOKE AND MIRRORS! If you think that Shabs has been sitting on his hands for the last 5 years and not drawing in IQD then you really don't have a grasp on what is going on here. There is no longer 27 trillion IQD floating. So if you are using this figure in your computations then your results are flawed folks. Just because the articles that come out of CBI say that doesn't make it true. You have to figure in the smoke and mirrors effect.

• Upvote 1

Ok, Guys, I know this is a stretch (a reeeaaallll long one), BUT:

WHAT IF..... they exchanged all "3 zero currency" ONLY internally for new denoms at the bank and in their payrolls, removing them from circulation. THEN they lop the rate only to 0.86. This way they don't have everybody in the country walking around as new millionaires and now not needing to go to work at a real job (or herding goats for the poor folks). A full blown RV would be detrimental for the welfare of their own country's operational infrastructure; economic or otherwise. Nobody would want to work. A full blown top dollar RV iinternally as well as externally is UNLIKELY AT BEST. For that currency which was exported and cannot be exchanged, the value remains the same. 25k notes=25k IQD and is exchangeable at the new 0.86 rate. This would not P-off the investors and all the very powerful people and businesses who bought hundreds of millions of dinar (including the US Gub'ment).

Remember, we still have them by the Huevos. They owe the US and many other countries and companies BIG TIME! Why would the US buy over $600 million dollars worth of Dinar only to have it remain worthless or have to exchange it? Do you think the US and everyone else Iraq owes would let that happen? We STILL control a lot of what goes on there. Why else did Mailiki look "*****-slapped" when he came out of the video-conference with Gates? Now all of a sudden all this activity.

We won't be told anything if RV; no runs on the currency desired at the last minute. We will know everything if Lop. No reason to hide it. OTOH.....We could be told Lop if RV, remembering China's misinformation. The question is...and someone alluded to TV commercials... What are IRAQIS being told? THAT is what matters!

Ok, probably just noise out my butt, but it's my opinion.

Fish

Nope would`nt work Every Iraqi over there has a cousin here in the state`s. They would simply send their monry to them and let them turn it in to millions. hahahaha

Well, I have been looking this over and reading and then reading some more. After this new article came out today , I feel it is time to weigh in with my opinion. This will not be popular with you as it is not with me. In fact after all this time for something like this to happen turns my stomach. My opinion is that I am afraid we are facing a straight up LOP. Why they would do this I'm really not sure as none of the situations that would make a country LOP its currency apply to Iraq at this time. If however you read the above article carefully that is the only conclusion I can arrive at. If I base my opinion solely off this article, I do not see an RV in here anywhere. This is what I base my opinion on:

. Article specifically says re-denomination. Remove three zeroes from Iraqi dinar. Says nothing about revaluation.

The last line really bothers me. " Iraqi economists believe the re-denomination of Iraqi Dinar will not have a major influence on the purchasing power of the Iraqi Dinar which thre government has high hopes on it". To me, another indication of no re-valuation.

Based solely on this article, the word re-denomination (not re-value).. Combine this with lift the three zeroes from the dinar, and add "will not have a major influence on purchasing power" and in my opinion it can sadly mean only one thing.....Straight up LOP.

I hope and pray that I am wrong and if anyone can show my how I am misreading PLEASE feel free to do so, but to me, all logic says if this article is true, we have wasted a lot of time here.

I have gotten to know many of you and consider you friends. Those of you who know me, know I do not like to write in the negative. unfortunately, the way this article today ( which appears to be a follow up to yesterdays article) is written, I can only come to this conclusion. I certainly hope I am wrong.

i know what it say r skelton but i think they will do it after the rv so they can use the big bills n not have to print more lets hope our long ride dosent have a sharp curb huh?

@agua(something). Thank you for researching the origin of this 'news'. It lends creedance to the old addage of "believe nothing what you hear and only half of what you see/read". Still gives a glimmer of hope that the IQD won't LOP. We all want this to go international without a lop, or even a RV would be much more peachy. Lets hope that it goes live on forex and we can ride that wave, however if it does LOP(boooo), there is still an opportunity to come out smelling pretty good on this venture.

So in the meantime, i'm staying grounded the best i can, and waiting till all the wrinkles are ironed out and Iraq has their ducks in a row. Wish i had something newsworthy to offer, but this thread has shed a lot of light on questions that i had that are now answered. Thanks everyone for your Q & A. Chao.

Have you guys ever thought about the fact that if Iraq were to LOP the three 000's, that it would leave them with a 25 dinar note as being the highest note out. How on earth can they get by with the highest note being 25 dinar? Can you imagine going to purchase something for $5000-$10,000 cash and only having $20 bills?

Dont you think they will also need a 50, 100 and possibly even a 250 dinar note to conduct life smoothly on cash purchases?

Read more:

this article means l o p. this article is awful.

Everyone keeps saying LOP which is impossible for an UNDER INFLATED economy...! YOU NEED A PROFIT MARGIN TO DO A LOSS OF PROFIT. They are UNDER VALUED... Hence the need for an RV...

What I think you all might want to consider is the exchange rate at .00086 If you remove the zero's you get .86 and the rate of 1.17 this should be your starting point and up...

ALSO in the old article for the plan in place it states that they will not come in under 1.00.

I hope someone can post the article showing the provisions which IRAQ is taking in their plan from years ago to rebuild their infastructure. I will see if I can find it and post it.

A LOP (loss of profit) is impossible and removing zero's is very misunderstood by most! I am stating THIS, is as always IMHO, yet there are many who say things misleading ( I am not one of them).

I firmly think we are VERY close to the end of the road (a great thing). I am NOT A PUMPER nor do I ever say anything to play with the minds of my fellow dinar holders. All those who put GREAT news and information I thank you.

Have a great weekend all. Relax and breath for what "may be" only days left. We will see. I am in this just like you and hope for the best soon.

PEACE

• Upvote 1

I like 1.17. Get those zeros out of there. That was my take too, but im guessing.

LOL we are all guessing but I am the only imgesing. That screen name is a bit too complex to explain. LOL

Have a great weekend. WOW I can not believe we might be so close FINALLY!!!!

Actually the article said that they are removing three zeroes, which could mean that they're not removing the other zeroes in the 50, 250, and 500

If they do that then everyone who holds 50, 250, and 500 notes (worth approximately: .05, .25, and .50) will have more money than the people who currently hold 5,000, 10,000 and 25,000 notes (ex. $5, $10, $25).

Can you imagine how mad that would make the people holding the large bills? That would be like the US saying that nickels are now valued greater than $20 bills.

I just don't see that happening no matter how messed up Iraq is.

I think you misunderstood. I'm not talking about removing the three zeroes from the value as in 25K becomes worth 25 dinar. I'm talking about removing the bills with three zeroes from circulation. If the value of the dinar is raised it will be raised for all denominations of dinar, not just some. So if they remove the bills with three zeroes from circulation it would be insane not to RV since people would be using the remaining denominations which have so little value at this time. For example, the 500 dinar note is worth about 43 cents. The 250 dinar note is worth about half that, of course, and the 50 dinar note is worth about 4.3 cents. So if they remove the bills with three zeroes from circulation and you want to buy $20 worth of groceries you would need a stack of 46 bills worth 500 dinar, 92 bills worth 250 dinar, or 460 bills worth 50 dinar. And of course you would need even more of the new lower denoms if they are introduced. And forget about buying bigger ticket items like a fridge or a TV. Can you imagine the hassle in doing business that way?

Again, I'm not saying that this is what will happen. They could mean removing three zeroes from the currency in the sense of a lop. The phrase "removing three zeroes" is ambiguous, and that could very well be intentional so as to discourage speculation.

The LOP talk can be confusing for the average person - there are many terms being used, LOP, raising, dropping, nominal value, that do not mean much to many of us. If you read enough from educated individuals (educated in this subject) you can make sense of it.

I just had a light bulb go on when imgesing actually told us what LOP stood for - Loss of Profit - hello! I might be naive but I assumed a LOP meant knocking, as in lopping, off 3 zeros, which sounds very arbitrary. When in fact, it explains why the currency would be redominated, or revalued.

I think this explains why people are still thinking the LOP would devalue their investment.

Thanks imgesing!

To LOP or not to LOP!!

Geez, the CBI says YES, we LOP, the GOV says NO, we don't.

We'll see who wins.

My opinion is that if the draft does not have at least a small RV included, the GOV will not approve it. It says clearly in the initial article that started this thread.

And YES, LOP is in the cards. So, what?

1.Specifically about the redenomination vs Lop

redenomination and the Lop is about the same

Stated it iraq want people carry less money and keep purchasing power

in this case

redenomination:iqd 25,000 would be iqd 25 and the iqd 25,000 value will be iqd 25 and the price item was also down and it does not affect the purchasing power

for example: the price of rice there iqd 10000 if redenomination price of rice will be iqd 10 and they will pay the money iqd 10

(This is the meaning iraq people want to carry less money and keep purchasing power)

Were LOP will cut 25,000 to be 25 and the price item not down and it affects the purchasing power

for example: the price of rice iqd 10000 if LOP happen the price item still remain iqd 10000 eventhough has LOP their money and this mean people will loss..money already LOP but the price item not drop and lose purchasing power