Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The central bank about to put the final touches on the draft to three zeros of the Iraqi dinar

So were did the CBI announce this Lopp, its not anywhere we can find apart from on a radio show and a lopp is not what was said, maybe someone can show me if im wrong. Also why would the CBI give us all a heads up on what they are going to do before reporting to the GOI. Banks just don't do this sort of thing. EVEN AND IRAQY ONE LOL

I think this was made up for our benefit.

Something is going on but not sure its a straight Lopp,

You never know it might even be an RV,

SHUT UP YOU FOOL DON'T START ANOTHER RUMOURRRRRRRRRRRRR

There have been numerous articles written about a redenomination and Iraqi TV as well as people in Iraq have been stating that this is what they are going to do. The problem is nobody wants to beleive it. They want to interpret them to suit there own hopes. In my opinion IF they do LOP and everyone is whining afterwards, Iraq will be saying we tried to tell you over and over again.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Hey Fireplug,the truth is they are not dropping the three zeros.They are taking the bills with the three zeros out of circulation,kind of like the US did with the $500,$1,000,5,000 and 10,000 bills.The 25,000 dinar note will still be worth whatever the RV dictates.If the dinar RV's at $3 that would make your 25,000 dinar note valued at $75,000.

Semper Fi !!!

I got a much different view from these recent articles coming out lately. They specifically say remove the zeros from the currency. That is a redenomination. They even say that they do not expect it to raise the purchasing power of the dinar. That sounds to me like a non RV. What it does sound like is a redenomination of their currency coupled with a change in the exchange rate to match the USD.

There have been numerous articles written about a redenomination and Iraqi TV as well as people in Iraq have been stating that this is what they are going to do. The problem is nobody wants to beleive it. They want to interpret them to suit there own hopes. In my opinion IF they do LOP and everyone is whining afterwards, Iraq will be saying we tried to tell you over and over again.

Well this document was spun and sure there is a pisserbolity there will be a lopp, but the GOI nor the CBI are going to tell you what they are going to do before they do it.

We just dont know, However the Math does not point to a Lopp, and the rate does not give IRAQ the buying power it needs right now.

No LOP sounds great. But how about this? Sure sounds like LOP to me.

Iraq’s Central Bank announced on Tuesday that the project of Iraqi Dinar re-denomination consisting of removing three zeroes is close to completion.

The re-denomination project is believed to be a strategic plan that will be passed to the ministerial council and Parliament once complete.

The plan to remove three zeroes from the Iraqi Dinar is a strategic plan that the central bank is currently finalizing, Central Bank’s advisor Mothahhar Mohammed Saleh said in a statement to Alsumaria News.

I got a much different view from these recent articles coming out lately. They specifically say remove the zeros from the currency. That is a redenomination. They even say that they do not expect it to raise the purchasing power of the dinar. That sounds to me like a non RV. What it does sound like is a redenomination of their currency coupled with a change in the exchange rate to match the USD.

Actually the article said that they are removing three zeroes, which could mean that they're not removing the other zeroes in the 50, 250, and 500. And you're right, the purchasing power for the Iraqis won't be affected much because the prices will be adjusted accordingly in country. But the purchasing power outside of the country will be affected if they RV.

• Upvote 2

One thing I have noticed that seems pretty consistent whether on this site or others is the smoke and mirrors concept.

If something comes out that is good - we are closer to the RV and all excited.

If something comes out against the RV or for a LOP - it is smoke and mirrors, you can't trust 'em.

It seems pretty funny to me. I smile every time I see it. I got in this investment because it looks good. I took it to heart, do not invest more than you can afford to lose. I became a VIP because I thought the money spent to be aq member was worth it and I enjoy debate, pro's and con's, and possibility thinking. I want to make money but up or down I enjoy the ride because of DV.

Thank you Adam, Mods, and members

Debate but keep it clean (that is relative depending on who you are)

Disagree but don't bash

And most of all

Have fun and lets make some money

• Upvote 2

Actually the article said that they are removing three zeroes, which could mean that they're not removing the other zeroes in the 50, 250, and 500. And you're right, the purchasing power for the Iraqis won't be affected much because the prices will be adjusted accordingly in country. But the purchasing power outside of the country will be affected if they RV.

Hope so. That was a great explination by the way. Thanks

Actually the article said that they are removing three zeroes, which could mean that they're not removing the other zeroes in the 50, 250, and 500

If they do that then everyone who holds 50, 250, and 500 notes (worth approximately: .05, .25, and .50) will have more money than the people who currently hold 5,000, 10,000 and 25,000 notes (ex. $5, $10, $25).

Can you imagine how mad that would make the people holding the large bills? That would be like the US saying that nickels are now valued greater than $20 bills.

I just don't see that happening no matter how messed up Iraq is.

The Iraqi central bank adviser said that " the bank achieved three things over

the last period, as was first to build reserves from zero to 50 billion

dollars

Iraq has 24 trillion (or 27 trillion depending upon whose numbers you use) IQD in circulation and LOPs off the three zeros from its currency. This means 24 billion post-LOP IQD will be in circulation, each with an initial value of $0.8547 US. So the total value of all post-LOP IQD = pre-LOP IQD = approximately $20B US. The country has two and half times that ($50B US) in reserve. Anyway you look at it, the IQD is severely undervalued. The GOI is going to have to adjust the value of the IQD after the LOP or simply allow the price to set by market forces on Forex. It will be a reasonable return on investment either way. It just won't be 3,000,000 to 1 as so many blindly hoped for.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

If they do that then everyone who holds 50, 250, and 500 notes (worth approximately: .05, .25, and .50) will have more money than the people who currently hold 5,000, 10,000 and 25,000 notes (ex. $5, $10, $25).

Can you imagine how mad that would make the people holding the large bills? That would be like the US saying that nickels are now valued greater than $20 bills.

I would be one of those pi**ed off people. All my dinars have 3 Zeros. Anybody with 50's wanna trade?

maybe they didnt make it clear enough. they said remove the ZEROS FROM THE CURRENCY, for those who dont know what that is, it is what you are currently holding (currency) i am not saying that this article is real, but it 100% no doubt about it means lop, there are no if's and's or butts about it. put the koolaid down folks i want to wake up rich as well, but we will make 3 times (if you have $1000 invested you will get back $2-3000 back). trust me i have a masters in economics that is what this all means.

wrong wrong wrong, they are talking about the purchasing power. .00086 remove the zero .86 per dollar a 1000 dinars is always going to be 1000 dinars.

• Upvote 1

How do you figure that? If you have 10 million iqd in 25,000 notes or 10 million iqd in 50 notes you still have 10 million iqd. After a LOP you will have 10 thousand iqd.

How do you figure that? If you have 10 million iqd in 25,000 notes or 10 million iqd in 50 notes you still have 10 million iqd. After a LOP you will have 10 thousand iqd.

You are assuming they lop everything which was not the original quote I was responding to.

Which numbers??

Specifically, inflation. This is their main economic indicator, and I'm sure you've seen multiple quotes from Shabibi, et al about maintaining an appropriate amount of inflation. Back in October, I believe it was around 3 percent. Today it has about doubled and they've been panicking lately because of it.

The other number I'm referring to is the M2 rate. For February 2011, they have it at 25.4. I don't have any proof by way of screenshots, etc., but I know this was in the mid-30s in November and December. Watch for the new M2 (for March 2011) and you'll see a lower number. I will almost guarantee it.

With low inflation and a declining M2 (indicative of pulling notes OUT of circulation - fitting with the interpretation of some on the 'lifting of the zeroes' articles), there is simply no need to decrease the currency value by 1,000. (Not for you, Keep, but some need to understand a LOP would be for ALL notes of currency, not just the larger notes). This is all from my study and research in the master's program. Again, I hate to throw that out there as I don't want to appear that I'm trying to trump you or anyone else - just trying to provide some credibility.

I've seen your posts before and you are very well-versed. This is just one area I feel like I've got a pretty good grip on.

• Upvote 1

I don't get your math. If you purchased a 25,000 denar note and remove three zeros, you now have a 25 denar note. At .86 this is a value of $21.50 US money.

This is less than what my purchase price was. Add in the fees to sell and you lose big with them lopping off three zeros.

I don't get your math. If you purchased a 25,000 denar note and remove three zeros, you now have a 25 denar note. At .86 this is a value of $21.50 US money.

This is less than what my purchase price was. Add in the fees to sell and you lose big with them lopping off three zeros.

You haven't lost anything if they LOP.

You still have Dinar that is worth exactly the same amount that it is before they LOP.

If you choose to exchange your Dinar for another currency, of course there will be fees and costs associated with that, just as when you exchange ANY currency into another currency.

Listen closely folks... for those who are yelling and screaming that they will lose money if they LOP, it is simply not true.

You already lost money, and it hasn't lopped. You lost money when you BOUGHT the Dinar. You paid $1000-1200 for $860 worth of Dinar. If you lose big, it will not be because of a LOP. It will because you bought for up to 50% over market value. So if they LOP, then you will see NO LOSS.

So, to condense...

You LOSE money when you "buy" Dinar.

You stay completely even when they LOP.

You may make money when they RV.

You LOSE money when you "sell" Dinar.

The idea is tha hopefully we have gains greater than the losses when it is all done.

One thing is for sure: the dealers are making money :)

Semper Fidelis

• Upvote 1

So if the US does have $7 trillion IQD, what happens to that in case of a LOP? I find it hard to believe we let that money just go to waste. Who knows though? I agree with the lady that said she wants this out of her life, good or bad. What a cluster fudge! Anyone that can say its going to 100% its gonna LOP or RV is outta their mind. Theres one article saying they are going to "remove" the zeros from the currency and the IQD will remain the same value, then another one saying they are going to "raise" the zeros in increase the value. Fact is, who knows? But for all the poopy pants naysayers, Singapore just rv'd, why cant iraq now?

Specifically, inflation. This is their main economic indicator, and I'm sure you've seen multiple quotes from Shabibi, et al about maintaining an appropriate amount of inflation. Back in October, I believe it was around 3 percent. Today it has about doubled and they've been panicking lately because of it.

The other number I'm referring to is the M2 rate. For February 2011, they have it at 25.4. I don't have any proof by way of screenshots, etc., but I know this was in the mid-30s in November and December. Watch for the new M2 (for March 2011) and you'll see a lower number. I will almost guarantee it.

With low inflation and a declining M2 (indicative of pulling notes OUT of circulation - fitting with the interpretation of some on the 'lifting of the zeroes' articles), there is simply no need to decrease the currency value by 1,000. (Not for you, Keep, but some need to understand a LOP would be for ALL notes of currency, not just the larger notes). This is all from my study and research in the master's program. Again, I hate to throw that out there as I don't want to appear that I'm trying to trump you or anyone else - just trying to provide some credibility.

I've seen your posts before and you are very well-versed. This is just one area I feel like I've got a pretty good grip on.

Yes your right, inflation is down and has been for quite some time....but that doesnt condemn a lop being not possible....countries redenominate AFTER periods of hyperinflation when things stabilize as well...there are also other reasons why countries redenominate...its not all about the inflation numbers.....also, Im not sure I would base all your opinions on the M2 numbers because thats not specifically only physical currency in circulation...so we cant really be sure its the currency in circulation going down....they say over and over they have a total of 27 trillion and from the books they have 24 outside of the banks....so I cant be certain they are removing any of the largers bills...and if they are its at a snails pace....it would need to be DRASTICALLY reduced to maybe a couple trillion or so before I could believe a high RV is probable.....

So if the US does have $7 trillion IQD, what happens to that in case of a LOP? I find it hard to believe we let that money just go to waste. Who knows though? I agree with the lady that said she wants this out of her life, good or bad. What a cluster fudge! Anyone that can say its going to 100% its gonna LOP or RV is outta their mind. Theres one article saying they are going to "remove" the zeros from the currency and the IQD will remain the same value, then another one saying they are going to "raise" the zeros in increase the value. Fact is, who knows? But for all the poopy pants naysayers, Singapore just rv'd, why cant iraq now?

Well your basing that off a theory that has no factual basis...like a what if question....cause there are no indications that the US holds massive amounts of dinar.....removing, deleting, raising the zeros is all the same thing....redenomination....and a value change would come hand in hand with that....basically like the last article we have seen floating around....deleting the zeros and posting the value back to what it was in the 80s....thats a lop and a rv at 3 dollars and change.....not too bad of a return if you ask me....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1