Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Are You Satisfied With Federal Budget Deal? -

Qman

Since we are all now more accustomed to thinking with more zeros....

It astounds me that it is ok to 'cut' only $38B from a budget with a deficit set at $1.4T It's like going to Best Buy for a flat screen TV that you know you could probably purchase it for less somewhere else. The asking price is $1,400. You put it on your credit card, and the clerk says, "Wow! You just received a $38 discount!" Never mind that you put the balance on your card and will pay interest on that until the debt is paid off, far more than any $38! Do we care that our children and grandchildren will be paying for the TV and its accrued interest when the flat screen TV is no longer working? We Americans are foolish sheep being led to the slaughter. :angry:

While I am not particularly satisfied with the agreement, I do see it as a baby step in the right direction. This weakly concludes the business that Congress refused to do under the Pelosi regime. Now we can get on to the business of steering future budgets. The tale will be told, however, when Senator Paul Ryan's proposal comes to the forefront of Congressional activity. B)

Since we are all now more accustomed to thinking with more zeros....

It astounds me that it is ok to 'cut' only $38B from a budget with a deficit set at $1.4T It's like going to Best Buy for a flat screen TV that you know you could probably purchase it for less somewhere else. The asking price is $1,400. You put it on your credit card, and the clerk says, "Wow!...

This is PRECISELY why we Americans MUST push our Congressional "representatives" (said with tongue in cheek) toward Senator Paul Ryan's plan. He is the ONLY person who has put forth a realistic plan to get Government spending under control. B)

BTW, perhaps I am wrong-headed in my view of the scenario you put forth, but I almost always remind the clerk that I did not, in fact, save anything because I just spent $1,400.00 plus interest... Of course, the reality of my personal spending plan is: If I cannot pay cash (where credit cards are considered), I cannot afford it.

Do we really know WHAT the deal is? Other than one had been reached?

No, not only do we not know...but even a member of congress was questioned this morning on FOX News when he stated that " Once he has seen what the deal was...only then can I make a decision on agreeing or disagreeing with it".....what a bunch of garbage! We are going to be looking down the barrel of another Government shutdown in the near future I believe!! JMHO

I think we need to get rid of the whole bunch and give the power to each state and let them run themselves. Let the goveners run there state off of the taxes each state gets. When the money is gone things will automatically change for the better and there will be no one taking our hard earned money and giving it away to other countries or illegals. Stop the spending and giving these people a free ride. They haven't done anything in the last 6 months and won't in the next 6.

No not really, but it's a good start.

I never was good at poker.

Who do you think would have benefited and or been blamed for a shut down anyway?

All the "Lackies" did was agree not to write another check on an account that is already "Overdrawn"! You call that smart?

• Upvote 1

All the "Lackies" did was agree not to write another check on an account that is already "Overdrawn"! You call that smart?

What you say here is true, but the fact is the whole thing was 1. a diversion from the real issue, and 2. closure to the foolishness wherein NO budget was approached in the previous congress. I agree with you. It was not smart at all, but it is none-the-less what had to be done. Now... everyone... pay attention from here. Call, write and email your representatives... repeatedly, until the message sinks in. Send a deluge upon Washington and those clowns pulling the purse strings. Force them to understand that the status quo will no longer go. It does not matter if you subscribe to one party over the other, until SPENDING is brought to some semblance of reality our financial future is on a very unsteady and hazardous course. B)