Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

24 hours left. Will Iraq be there for the US?

I agree! Gov. shut down sounds good to me. Unemployed IRS agents.....heaven!LOL Now if California would file bankruptcy at the same time...

we would have a party!:)

You mentioned the unemployed IRS agents, but you forgot a few others. What about the eighty year old grandmothers living on Social Security and Food stamps, or the man who spent the last twenty years working a a factory that just closed down and has nothing but a two hundred a week unemployment check, or the disabled veterans who served their country and now are not able to work and would lose their pension, or the entire US military with no paycheck coming in to support their families. Try thinking before you speak.

Roadrunner

• Upvote 5

who cares, maybe we'll do better without the gov, i'm game shut it down then we can start over, its to bad we can't shut down all the dam lawyers in the country, LOL I think its a good idea, shut them down

Please don't shut down the lawyers.....I work for one and need my job...BTW...he's a great guy and doesn't deserve to be lumped into the barrel with the Washington bunch!

• Upvote 1

Okay. Here are the number of times the Debt Ceiling was raised since 1993.

The first number is what the Debt ceiling is (in Billions) and the second number is how much it was raised (in Billions)

So in April of 1993 we raised the DC to $4,730. It was raised another by 225 billion from the previous ceiling.

I don't know what went down in Feb and March of 1996 but it looks like 3 attempts at a raise...idunno.

April 6, 1993 P.L. 103-12 $4,370a $225

August 10, 1993 P.L. 103-66 4,900 530

February 8, 1996 P.L. 104-103 ( b ) —

March 12, 1996 P.L. 104-115 ( c ) —

March 29, 1996 P.L. 104-121 5,500 600d

August 5, 1997 P.L. 105-33 5,950 450

June 28, 2002 P.L. 107-199 6,400 450

May 27, 2003 P.L. 108-24 7,384 984

Nov. 19, 2004 P.L. 108-415 8,184 800

Mar. 20, 2006 P.L. 109-182 8,965 781

Sept. 29, 2007 P.L. 110-91 9,815 850

July 30, 2008 P.L. 110-289 10,615 800

Oct. 3, 2008 P.L. 110-343 11,315 700

If you count them up it's 13 times in the span of 18 years....That's a little bit more than every other year and leaning towards every year.

Is this good? No.

But we do it and I can't imagine that they are not going to do it again.

I don't think the budget is tied to the RV. Sorry. I just DON'T.

If it WAS I think we would be tripping over ourselves getting Iraq to get it done.

Yeah, the UST helped recently but look how long it's been since we've held Iraq. We didn't exactly have this "budget trouble" yesterday.

• Upvote 1

I agree...shut them down and we can start over. I haven't done all my research on what would all happen if that did happen but I am sure it couldn't be much worse than what we are dealing with right now!

The thing is we are only told and know what they WANT us to know- watch the news...its a joke!!!!

Also, not to get everyone fired up and bashing but I did "HEAR" thru the grapevine so take it for what its worth....that the U.S. government has got 3.1 trillion dinars...........not saying I believe that or I don't. I have not seen it in person or seen a youtube video of Our government putting it in there safe. Im with Bang and thinking that the next 24 hours are our answers to that statement. Now is the best time if any to find out what kind of relationship is there between the USD and the dinar. We shall see......

God Bless

The USA went to war with Iraq.. we were responsible for having the old currency removed...we helped pay for the printing of the new dinar....THe USA spent BILLIONS a month for years to support Iraq, fund the war and help Iraq build up their currency reserves in order to back the new dinar....Iraq did that by auctioning off dinars for dollars...Does anyone really think that the USA is not holding a percentage of the IQD as payback?? HMMMMM?!
  • Upvote 1

BanG Thank you for your post. I have to say that I am in full agreement with you. It's crazy not to see that our countries have become a symbiotic entity. The USD is widely used in Iraq and our gov't holds a great deal of dinar in our coffers. The US budget needs this infusion from the RV, not to mention the US government need to be reformed when it comes to spending. If you think that our budget has nothing to do with iraq you are sadly mistaken, we are broke over this so called war. And shutting down or gov't will only create more debt.

You mentioned the unemployed IRS agents, but you forgot a few others. What about the eighty year old grandmothers living on Social Security and Food stamps, or the man who spent the last twenty years working a a factory that just closed down and has nothing but a two hundred a week unemployment check, or the disabled veterans who served their country and now are not able to work and would lose their pension, or the entire US military with no paycheck coming in to support their families. Try thinking before you speak.

Roadrunner

It's not a total shut down....The Military will still function and SS checks will still be issued...so chill out and think before you speak. The Gov will slow down a bit cause of cut backs but this has to happen before we go Belly up as a country..

Peace out... and Go RV!!!!! :blink:

• Upvote 2

According to the CNN report, the US can't print any more money, They have nothing left to back it up. We no longer have the amount of gold to back it up. Just saying. I'm with you Bang. I think they are counting on the dinars to save our butts.biggrin.gif

was there a link to this info... also someone posted that there has been another extension on the govt shutdown deadline... can't find that on CNN either

come on, really, who gave me the- our current government is not good, it was not set up to be like this, and I do believe that one of the big reasons our forefathers started this country was tax issues. Do you realize how much of your had earned dollar is collected in taxes, lets look at this, and I don't have figures in front of me so take it for what its worth.

gross pay.

$1000

fed 26%

$740

state 8%

$660

ss 2.9%

$630

we work all week for a $1000 only to end up with $660 dollars, then we buy food which has 6-8% tax, and the tax on fuel is more than the gas actually cost.

Its ridiculous how much money they take from us, and still they can't get their job done, screw the gov, let them shut down

• Upvote 3

Your completely off the rail on this one and you have missed the point entirely. We can ONLY print money as long as we remain the worlds reserve currency, thus this may change very soon and we will be screwed. Do some reading on this you will be shocked. Peace.

I think it is important to read the right sources. Reading doomsday predictions from people selling something isn't the right place to get information. There are plenty of economists that do not think the US is going to collapse anytime soon. That doesn't mean there isn't work to be done, but let's keep the fear mongering to a minimum.

• Upvote 1

Let the Gov. shut down, Stop spending overseas, Bring our troops home and secure OUR borders, Think of the amount of money that could be saved if the USA would think about itself and let all the other countries fend for themselves. Cleanup America, let the illegals out and the get people off of welfare and back to work, and if they don't want to work get out. There I feel better now Go RV

• Upvote 1

This RV is going to happen in my opinion...if for no other reason, the fact that Iraq wants to be accepted into the WTO! I also believe that the situation would greatly effect the situation in the US Government! Adam stated in his chat yesterday that one of his trusted sources was really excited about today, and then the next ten after...that says to me...Iraq can enter into WTO...and then the following days would allow for all phases of change to be put in place. I'm not one to ever speculate on anything, but from everything that is going on all at one time...I fully believe that Iraq will...if not already RV....and on the 12th...it will all fall into place! Way too much happening.....for nothing to be happening! (if that makes any sense)..just set back and really look at ALL that is being reported, and ALL that is happening! And if you respond "nothing is happening"...then you are really uninformed! This is just my opinion...but is based on many factual details! Great post Bang..Thx!

• Upvote 1

Roadrunner

these ponzi schemes you speak of (social security and medicare) will be our downfall.

It's not a total shut down....The Military will still function and SS checks will still be issued...so chill out and think before you speak. The Gov will slow down a bit cause of cut backs but this has to happen before we go Belly up as a country..

Peace out... and Go RV!!!!! :blink:

Wrong.

"U.S. troops would be paid through April 8, but after that, paychecks to members of the military, including those in war zones, would stop."

I hate referencing CNN but I'm at work & don't have time to track down the similar article I found on bloomberg.

According to the CNN report, the US can't print any more money, They have nothing left to back it up. We no longer have the amount of gold to back it up. Just saying. I'm with you Bang. I think they are counting on the dinars to save our butts.biggrin.gif

The US dollar has not been backed by gold or silver for over 30 years, they can print money whenever they want. The Fed Reserve is a private company, that has a CEO, and financial Statements, and its board members receive dividends.

Gov shutdown has happened before in 1995

OK friends and family here at DV, we have just 24hrs to go before the US government is in default and runs out of money to keep the country going. I guess we will now see how much if any the US has over the Iraqi's to RV. Sad to say the US needs this to happen very desperately to keep America afloat. So all the Rumors and all the hype about the US controlling the RV will be answered for you in a very short period of time. I for one hope you are all right and we do have control over it, we are in the last hours and we need a bailout quickly. JMO. Peace.

BanG, Always in agreement with you. G W BUSH said this war wont cost us a penny... Right? He went there a few weeks back too. Now we will see if all the lives and effort for that dark blue gold was worth it. Our trusted government and corporate America has always been trusted by each party and it seems to me they both have gotten us into a HUGE MESS. Now they are in congress playing a chess match with all of our lives and wellfare at stake. Do you trust them? Does anyone here trust them? When wall lstreet and big banks also sunk our financial strong hold did they round up all those responsible and send them to jail or even prosecute? Remember when the auto companys went to Washington on those Gulfstream Jets? BAIL OUTS and spending tax payers money and big corporations having those amazing "events" while rolling in our money with no one to answer to! The curruption is sky high!

Now we sit here, waiting to see if IRAQ will put a nice bandaid on this mess and I simply do not have enough confidence in the system. For the sake of the IRAQI people and of course our selves I hope this happens QUICK. But if this does happen soon I hope we all use our new found influences to help dictate a more responsible governemnt and future for our offspring. If not I fear our strong USA will be in the crapper.

All of the above is IMHO.... But it is really an incredible reality to me.

GOD (PLEASE) bless America.

Peace and GO RV...

• Upvote 1

OK friends and family here at DV, we have just 24hrs to go before the US government is in default and runs out of money to keep the country going. I guess we will now see how much if any the US has over the Iraqi's to RV. Sad to say the US needs this to happen very desperately to keep America afloat. So all the Rumors and all the hype about the US controlling the RV will be answered for you in a very short period of time. I for one hope you are all right and we do have control over it, we are in the last hours and we need a bailout quickly. JMO. Peace.

THEY HAD A BAIL-OUT.. A 9 TRILLION BAIL-OUT AND GUESS WHAT !!!! THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THE MONEY WENT TO..ITS OUR GOVERNMENTS FAULT THAT WERE IN THE BIND THAT WERE IN..TAXING AND TAXING US TO DEATH FOR WHAT?EVERTHING WE HAVE IS TAXED,SO THINK ABOUT IT...WE ALL PAY TAXES FOR WHAT.. SO WE CAN GO BROKE AGAIN... MY QUOTE: RICH GET RICHER AND THE POOR GETS POORER

The IMF and alot of countries would like to see the dollar replaced AND would love to see the United States fail. That's exactly why this is such a dangerous and fragile situation we are in now. It scares the crap out of me to think of the future our kids are going to face in the decades to come. Thanks for the post BanG