Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

just got a phone call

cenlalsufan

I don't know what a ping is?? Just telling you what I was told

So you don't know what a ping is - yet you felt obligated to include it in your post?

Ping

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

This article is about the Internet Protocol utility. For other uses, see Ping (disambiguation).

Ping (Packet Internet Groper) is a computer network administration utility used to test the reachability of a host on an Internet Protocol (IP) network and to measure the round-trip time for messages sent from the originating host to a destination computer. The name comes from active sonar terminology.

Ping operates by sending Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) echo request packets to the target host and waiting for an ICMP response. In the process it measures the time from transmission to reception (round-trip time)[1] and records any packet loss. The results of the test are printed in form of a statistical summary of the response packets received, including the minimum, maximum, and the mean round-trip times, and sometimes the standard deviation of the mean.

Ping may be run using various options (command line switches) depending on the implementation that enable special operational modes, such as to specify the packet size used as the probe, automatic repeated operation for sending a specified count of probes, time stamping options, or to perform a ping flood. Flood pinging may be abused as a simple form of denial-of-service attack, in which the attacker overwhelms the victim with ICMP echo request packets.

Hopefully it will mean money soon.

• Upvote 2

I was on the call they said was was locked in at 2:00PM EST. The guy working at the bank was on the call also. He said he has never seen his screen going crazy.

It was just pinging 10points up and down. 1160 -1170. Normal channels. He has only been in it or 6 months but says he looks at it (like me) but I don't have his access it has never bounced up and down so crazing. My guess was seeing the banks system being pinged for the correct exchange rate lock in the closing numbers. Well see what opens.

MAYBE THERE IS SOME TRUTH TO THIS......I HAVE BEEN ACTUALLY HEARING PINGS FOR THE LAST 10 MINUTES FOR REAL AND AT THE SAME TIME, I NOTICED I'M GETTING A LOT OF EMAILS. COULD THIS BE COINCIDENCE OR WHAT?????????? :o

My ears have been ringing every since the blast! Does this count? :o

• Upvote 1

So you don't know what a ping is - yet you felt obligated to include it in your post?

Ping

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

This article is about the Internet Protocol utility. For other uses, see Ping (disambiguation).

Ping (Packet Internet Groper) is a computer network administration utility used to test the reachability of a host on an Internet Protocol (IP) network and to measure the round-trip time for messages sent from the originating host to a destination computer. The name comes from active sonar terminology.

Ping operates by sending Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) echo request packets to the target host and waiting for an ICMP response. In the process it measures the time from transmission to reception (round-trip time)[1] and records any packet loss. The results of the test are printed in form of a statistical summary of the response packets received, including the minimum, maximum, and the mean round-trip times, and sometimes the standard deviation of the mean.

Ping may be run using various options (command line switches) depending on the implementation that enable special operational modes, such as to specify the packet size used as the probe, automatic repeated operation for sending a specified count of probes, time stamping options, or to perform a ping flood. Flood pinging may be abused as a simple form of denial-of-service attack, in which the attacker overwhelms the victim with ICMP echo request packets.

Hopefully it will mean money soon.

YA GOTTA BE JOKIN--The ACME TOY COMPANY lets you on the puter? --- So what does a Chinese Road Runner sound like?--PING-PING :lol: Later BJ-Vern

• Upvote 2

I usually hold my tongue. I read a lot in a lot of different places and I am telling you these are the most rude people in all the forums. And it is disheartening to see adults acting like a bunch of high schoolers. Blessings to all and soon I hope!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The pinging inside my head has been ongoing for YEARS reading about an RV within the next few days. It was supposed to happen last month. And the month before that and the month before that and the month before that....Repeat....and the month before that...Repeat........... Repeat........... for the last SEVEN years or so. I am getting a pinging headache now.