Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI Currency Auction 4/5/2011

Doc31

Currency Auctions

Announcement No. (1869)

Indeed, if we were to divide $1434.04 by 20 it would put silver at $71.70! Even Silver guys would have a hard time with that number ... no don't start that weak dollar stuff either ... go find a currencIES vs gold chart and a currencIES vs silver chart ... you'll see that the dollar is indeed weak but not disproportionately to the others (if it were there would be a divergent line between the currencIES and the USD ... there isn't.

As always...Thanks for the post Doc1!

Do you not think it accurate to say, the US is not the only country that has been on a PRINTING spree!

The vast majority of currencies have not been backed by gold for quite some time, putting most in the same boat as the USD.

Just some food for thought!

Welcome back Doc. Similar to how you've dedicated your life to helping others, your posts are like medicine to many of us. I know it's a lot of time for you but I need my daily dose otherwise I may come down with a nasty case of dinarrhea :blink:

Peace!!

• Upvote 2

Doc is back.... back again... doc is back doc is back doc is back....

Great thoughts, couldn't agree more on your gold assessment. It still might run up a bit just because of the fear that exists but man I think it is poised for an unexpected hard fall.

so good to hear from you Doc, a much needed and deserved break from this insanity was more than yours for the taking. meanwhile we not so grounded folks have soared and crashed like a scene from Top Gun, complete with the call signs and complications. ROGER THAT!! God bless you! Eric

Doc, you can clearly see that you are missed.... I hope you are able to find time to continue posting your early morning stats & opinion. I believe your knowledge can greatly contribute to those frustrated with continuous disappointment.

I'm trying to recall a pattern on the auctions. If I recall, yesterday's auction was very similar to value in today's auction. From my recollection, Sunday auctions generally start pretty low and if I were to throw a % increase that represents that average increase, I would say 33%. (I.e., If Sunday was 1,000,000, Monday would roughly be around the 1,300,000 value). I am throwing these figures from the top of my head. It seems that the value of each auction is increasing... Now, if I recall, the values decreasing was a good sign as it was to draw in the 000s. Now, for simple clarification, when we see that the CBI has an auction for 191,000,000... They are drawing in IQD for exchange of USD, right? Basically saying.... If that were to be so, than that means the CBI acquired 191,000,000,000 IQD. (I use a 3 zero method when converting the value from USD to IQD, due to simplicity). At those #s alone, it would not take long in my mind to acquire all hard currencies on the street. Now, I must be thinking wrong here, but that doesn't make sense. Lets say they acquired IQD, but the value given was in IQD. This means they acquired 191,000 in USD value. (See the swing?) This would make more feasible sense as it would take much longer to acquire all the big-bills. Sometimes, it may be nice to help w/ clarification for those that are not understanding it correctly. If the CBI auctions are drawing in big bills (000s), than we will know that just because there was an auction today, doesn't eliminate the chance of a RV tomorrow. Right? -- That's how I follow it.

Oil - I'm starting to notice the squeeze at the pump when filling up. It can be depressing, but than I look at it from a positive perspective. High crude oil prices.... To see that Crude is maintaining over $100 is actually quite scary because we have yet to hit our Summer driving months as winter comes to an end. IMO, you think gas would be at a lower demand throughout the year as the heavy summer driving has not taken place and people may not need the gas to fuel their homes as the temperatures rise. Than I look over to the M.E., and see that tensions are maintaining themselves, or becoming less news worthy (See Egypt). But now we have Lybia.... Causing a ruckus, but, I couldn't see that as being a big deal as Egypt. See, Egypt was located near a channel of water that exports go through. Civil unrest could reduce, prevent, or slow down exportation. --

As for the Imminency, we must remember to look at this from a big picture. We can not look at it from a day to day perspective as we will continously be disappointed. Avoid rumors and do your reading on daily news. Form your own opinion from the news and speculate upon that. There is a lot of ruckus currently going around with the potential chance of GOI joining the WTO upon April 8th... I am not getting my hopes up, because if that may be so, they're doing a good job hiding all information involved. But it is stated as an introduction day. I think that the GOI is making great progress in becoming a full-pledged member, but from what I learned is that an internationally traded currency is not a requirement. However, if you look at the members list, there are very very few full-members that lack that aspect. Therefore, it may be something that is suggested... Now, for those in stressed out at the progress, try and create a checklist to follow....... Here is the checklist I suggest:

** Seating of Final Ministry Positions

** Release of Ch. 7

** HCL Law

Those 3 in my mind are the biggies... Now, don't get too excited just because one happens because you may find yourself disappointed. Remember, as the checklist becomes shorter, the process may go faster. I think Adam said it best that once one of these three gets completed, the others will follow shortly. Which would make a lot of sense... For a number of reasons, such as, if you seat all positions than they can focus their attention to the other issues. I also feel that they have a lot of catch-22s within their system. They can't do this without doing that and vice versa. For example, it may be hard to to accomplish the HCL law while under sanctions, and it may be hard to release sanctions without using the figures from the HCL law. (These are examples and don't take them as the actual road blocks.)

But, as we continue to look at the complete picture.... They are making progress, albeit slowly, but each function that requires attention is getting tackled. The banking sector is getting revamped and networked in a better fashion... I've read over several banking articles, and some seem promising. GOI is taking steps to keep the steady production flow of crude at highest levels and continuing to setup the plan to make higher amounts of production possible. This should be a major focus as they make their most revenue here. The higher amount of crude drilled and exported daily, means the higher amount of $ the GOI makes.

It would be interesting to see what levels of production they maxed out in their history (Even pre-war era)...

As for the articles, it seems like we still get several contradicting articles. It is hard to understand what is actually going on as we hear one thing and quite the opposite even within the same day. That can always be frustrating. -- Makes following the news rather hard in my opinion.

Anyways, sorry for making this long, just hope to keep seeing your morning posts Doc!

• Upvote 2

First of all, welcome back Doc, I have truly missed your informative posts and was pleased and felt a friend had came back home when I saw your post. A side note, how lucky your lovely wife is to have a husband to adore her so much. I hope to someday find a man that will be as adoring as you are to her!!

Thank you for taking time from your busy life to post, I do appreciate it very much.

God Bless,

Linny

• Upvote 1

Yeah!!!!!! Great Post! Just what I have been needing for a while. Thank you for your perspective and words of wisdom. No I don't need a Mom, it's just really good to hear from you. I have always enjoyed your posts and didn't know how much until you were not doing it for a while. I wouldn't IM you, I figured you were busy or maybe with some luck on a wonderful vacation somewhere having fun. Anyway, thanks for the post today, I will savour it until you have time for another one. Have a Great day and week.

DC

Great to have you back, Doc. Always enjoyed your level headed and educational posts. This journey will eventually end with a ReVal but when is the question. Am staying for the long haul but hoping for a shorter haul.

Welcome back!! And thank you.

• Upvote 1