Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Whats the deal with the mods deleting topics?

What is the deal with the STAFF mods deleting topics which discuss the dinar as perhaps a scam or has posts that make them and Adam look bad? It looks bad (STAFF) that you do not allow people to post how they feel or their opinion, the forum does say opinion doesn't it? Just to let you know, you make this site look just as corrupt as others when you do not allow a free flow of ideas from all members. Then you just look like PD and the list of other sites that sensor everything posted! <_< I'm sure it will happen to this topic as well!

Edited by Ateam
  • Upvote 9
  • Downvote 8

Whatever, closed or deleted same issue. People can not discuss their opinions in the opinion section are you kidding me?? Disrespect? I just commented on what happened, how is that disrespect... if anything you are disrespecting those who are members voicing their OPINIONS in the OPINION section. I am just sayin' ... makes it look like other sites that only allow OKIE to post and no one else who disagrees.

Also, how did I disrespect the owner Adam? All I mentioned was he sells a book about dinar intel on his site... resembles DD and other sites is all. I said nothing that is not true, am I right or am I right?

Edited by Ateam
  • Upvote 15
  • Downvote 3

That is what I am saying, sounds fishy to me... and I get the disrespect card pulled on my simple pointing out of truth? :lol: Shows just as much corruption as is shown in Iraq! Is Maliki on here somewhere

Edited by Ateam
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

Response from a mod:

We are frequently chastised for being too controlling over threads and responses, and then with the next breath faulted for not stopping anything rougher than a fine grit. One of the reasons DV is a successful site is that we try hard not to over-moderate. You don't have to like us, but you do have to respect the difficulty of the job we VOLUNTEER to do here.

• Upvote 11

You have to put yourself in the Mods position here. This forum has over 20,000 users and many are great people while some just want to stir up ****. The mods have to peruse the forums and topics and try to weed these bad apples out while letting many express themselves at the same time. No their job is not one I would take on and even want to do. I say give them some credit and know that they are doing what they think is right as well as doing it all FOR FREE. So I rest on the fact of cut them a brake and give them room to be human as well. We are not all perfect here and they do not proclaim to be either. JMO. Peace.

• Upvote 9

Speaking of Doc, I haven't seen him for roughly 2-3 weeks.

I like his input... And I don't think I recall seeing anyone disrespect him. I hope nobody has offended him.

He is likely either busy or needed a break from DV. Who knows, but I look forward to his return if he so seems to eventually made that trip back ot the forum.

It seems most of the people who stir up trouble are the newbies....People need to just read what theycan tolerate. We're all dissapointed it didn't happen and yes....there are book sfor sale by the owners of sites...so what...don't buy the book just like you don't have to believe the rumors. I'm in favor of titles being closed or locked if the get to personal in negative / slamming way. I'd rather read a bad rumor than some slander towards another person.

• Upvote 3

We close posts that get out of hand, are duplicated, or are just nonesense. The posts are still there to read, just not using up lots of space on the server. Closed means locked not erased, if a post is not found it is usually in the mod section for review. No Worries People we try to do our bestwink.gif

VIZIO

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I understand that the mods allow BS from Okie, Terry K, Athena, and others yet lock threds of people who post their opinions. The only thing I see is mods allowing the BS and not allowing someone who disagrees with what this site is pushing, which is more dinar purchases or dinar intel book purchases. Tricky quote here "

We are frequently chastised for being too controlling over threads and responses, and then with the next breath faulted for not stopping anything rougher than a fine grit."

For sure! I do chastise you who allow Okie to be posted over and over again, yet do not allow an opinion post to continue or lock posts that do not pump dinar sales. The only thing I am saying you are doing is just that... pushing Okie and not allowing freedom of speech of someone who is obviously not pumping dinar sales!

No topics have been deleted just closed and it is when the discussion just gets so far out of hand ... and I'm sorry but I will NOT do this "job" and be subjected to disrespect for me, the site owner or other members .......period

Now that this is brought up, I would like to go and say that I had a topic taken down just last week. I'm not going to get into detail other than to say that it was something about E Bay and the Dinar. When I put something out there, I try to make sure the topic is factual and try to speak in a way so that I don't upset anyone. Sure you can't make everyone happy when you write, but to pull a topic down when it has only been up for less than 15 min, I don't understand the logic. Worst of all, not one moderator was kind enough to send an e-mail as to why it was yanked. Pehaps if they would let you know why, then you may in the end not get so many people riled up.

I am a paying VIP member and don't put out a lot of stuff here, So, perhaps someone can tell me why my topic was pulled considering I am trying to be respectfull of whoever did it.

Slade are you talking about this?

Whoever posted this garbage should be ashamed of themselves......speaking of choking....nah Im gonna leave that one alone...its just too easy laugh.gif

And the whole "Bow down" to the guru thing?!?!?!?......its gotta be some kind of hoax because I don't think any idiot in their right mind would even say something so stupid rolleyes.gif

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/61114-chase-bank-buying-dinar-in-orlando/#ixzz1IZttaK70

I have noticed that there are times I will go on & certain lines/posts will be locked. If I log out or access the net from a different direction, those very same posts become unlocked. I don't know why this happens, but it has happened to me a lot. It may not always be the moderators closing things down, you know?

What is the deal with the STAFF mods deleting topics which discuss the dinar as perhaps a scam or has posts that make them and Adam look bad? It looks bad (STAFF) that you do not allow people to post how they feel or their opinion, the forum does say opinion doesn't it? Just to let you know, you make this site look just as corrupt as others when you do not allow a free flow of ideas from all members. Then you just look like PD and the list of other sites that sensor everything posted! <_< I'm sure it will happen to this topic as well!

I thought at first that this was the best dinar site - the thing that has changed since then is that these forum discussions are becoming arenas of gladiatorial combat. They are not verbal debates. They are sword fights to the death... take no prisoners. There is a spirit in this that's discernible and strong and evil. Who wants that? Not me.

• Upvote 3

PVS, I gave you a +1, trying to get you back to even. I have never seen any bias in respect to differing opinions. It's negative, useless ranting or duplicate subject posts that usually get the boot. Just my opinion. I think our Mods do a great job, which is why I'm here & not on the other sites! BTW, why did you take my last post down...lol

• Upvote 2

I thought at first that this was the best dinar site - the thing that has changed since then is that these forum discussions are becoming arenas of gladiatorial combat. They are not verbal debates. They are sword fights to the death... take no prisoners. There is a spirit in this that's discernible and strong and evil. Who wants that? Not me.

HEAR ! HEAR !,...I totally agree, ..too much adversarial retaliation when some dissagree !

I gave you one of those little CROSS THINGY"S too !

Good Things To All !

• Upvote 2

You know, Slade, it was ME that blocked your responses to Vanessa the other day. And you're right that I did it because she asked why we allowed people to bash each other, then you came on and started confronting her.

I wonder if posters realize that every time someone clicks that Report Concern! button that your complaint and message goes out to every Moderator, so each of us is asked to review and take action on your concern. When we read the Concern and decide it's not worth acting on, another mod may decide it should be. Or if all of us decide not to act, then we get more complaints about NOT acting.

Can you imagine how frustrating it is, as a Moderator, to be constantly confronted about being ineffectual? So, you suggest we leave threads alone and not close controversial or incindiary posts? Then they go too far and people get bashed and trash talk takes over? That's what you're advocating?

I'm NOT a big endorser of unionization, but I'm thinking the Mods need to take a little "break" and see if we are missed. If not, my feelings won't be hurt to turn in my password! :angry:

I'm right there with ya sistermod

Edited by pleasantvalleySunday
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

You know, Slade, it was ME that blocked your responses to Vanessa the other day. And you're right that I did it because she asked why we allowed people to bash each other, then you came on and started confronting her.

I wonder if posters realize that every time someone clicks that Report Concern! button that your complaint and message goes out to every Moderator, so each of us is asked to review and take action on your concern. When we read the Concern and decide it's not worth acting on, another mod may decide it should be. Or if all of us decide not to act, then we get more complaints about NOT acting.

Can you imagine how frustrating it is, as a Moderator, to be constantly confronted about being ineffectual? So, you suggest we leave threads alone and not close controversial or incindiary posts? Then they go too far and people get bashed and trash talk takes over? That's what you're advocating?

I'm NOT a big endorser of unionization, but I'm thinking the Mods need to take a little "break" and see if we are missed. If not, my feelings won't be hurt to turn in my password! :angry:

NOOOOOOO! Do not take a break! I for one appreciate the work the mods do for this community. Keep in mind this is coming from someone who has been spanked for my non "G" rated vocabulary on two occasions already but thats life and we all move on at the end of the day. I'm convinced that total chaos would ensue if you were to all just sit back and watch the forums doing nothing. So as to let you know from my end YOU ARE ALL VERY MUCH APPRECIATED FOR YOUR HARD WORK AND EFFORTS ON OUR BEHALF. Best wishes and take care. JMO. Peace.

• Upvote 4

I understand that a mod's "job" can be frustrating....but that is besides the point on this particular issue....

I also realize that you can delete any post you please at your will....that being said....

I can ONLY IMAGINE how much she whined and cried about the post....I had been listening to her cry and moan for the last 24 hrs about how she didn't like something I had written in a post...she finally IM'd me saying her view....I POLITELY IM'd her back and suggested to "not take things on the internet personally because I had not intended anything personal against her".......then the next morning I wake up to find the post we are discussing where she brought the whole issue right back out in public forum...

Long story short...she bit, I bit back...she cried and moaned to you and only MY response to her was removed. If mine was removed then hers should have been removed as well IMO.

It is really not a big deal...I have said how I feel about it and it is over on my part. I have no idea where it is on her part...I would imagine she is down at the Walmart or 7-11 or Grocery Store still whining and complaining how "mean" I was to her on some random internet forum...just seems like her "style" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Slade, it's been two days ago. Give it a rest! lol

Oh my word. FIRST, I never said your name in public. You made yourself obvious to plain sight for others. Second, I said I am done posting here. I don't go to Walmart, I have much more class than that. And if you were to read my post, I said my husband, who has been out of town, is back now. I work and spend time with him. Much more important than these stupid forums. Enough is enough. Upgradeable said it best. Let it go. God knows I did. I DID NOT WHINE. Just stated an opinion. I thought we were all entitled to it. So i questioned the mods on everyone's behaviors. Not your's as I mentioned before, I did NOT say your name publicaly.

Good day. I hope the best for you, but I am finished here. No more petty fighting for me. Thanks to the friends, I did make. Greatly appreciate the encouragement and kind words! :)

Edited by VanessaL4100
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Here is my TwoCents.gif on this subject!

Threads are closed for a reason!

1, Some people don't know how to have a debate about a subject and it turns to bad language/name calling and bashing!

2, A lot of times a thread will get closed to protect you (the members) from taking a fight to far and having to be banned for it!! Kinda like putting out a fire before it gets out of control!

3, We end up with 2,3,4,5-10-20-30 pages of the same useless bickering (like this one for example) because everyone thinks they have to win the fight!

4, This site has been running fine for the last couple years! I have been a mod here on DV since 09 and we have had many many people come on here and try and change the way DV is run to suit their personal likings and I must say I am SORRY but until Adam suggest we change things this site will be run the way he instructs us to run it!!! IT IS HIS SITE!!

Hope this helps everyone to understand why we sometimes do what we do!!

Bump

p.s. Thanks to all that understand what mods go through on a daily bases!!

BanG - tip_hat.gif

• Upvote 4