Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CELEBRATE ME HOME

vern

Tiffany and Capike,

I really enjoyed reading your exchange and discussion between each other in this thread. Though there are a number of issues I disagree with both of you on, I think I will only address two in this message (I wished I had hours to type out a nice long response to both of your posts but I think we would end up going off in tangents trying to support our positions.)

The two issues I had, was one that Tiffany brought up ““The US was based on Christian principals”. You and I both know that is incorrect.” and Capike's comment, "but i do honestly feel religion is a detriment to our society and species"

Tiffany, there is a website called WallBuilders, it was created by a man that has spent most of his life collecting books, letters and other documents from the founding fathers, on this website there are Historical Documents, Historical Writings, and Issues/Articles. To help you with the search for the truth, I suggest you read three articles:

1. The Founders As Christians

2. Importance of Morality and Religion in Government

I found this third article on another site:

3. Separation of Powers: How the Bible inspired Liberty

Capike, WHAT?!?!?!?! Imagine the world without Christianity??? You say finally! Now tell me, who would be feeding the people in Haiti and rebuilding their homes? Who would be drilling for water for the tribes in Africa? Who would be the first responders for the earthquake in Japan? Who would be taking in the homeless and feeding them on the street? YOU? The National Organization of Atheists? The Communist Party? The Muslims? It’s the Christians that respond to the needy and the helpless. It’s the Christians that go on medical missions (Doctors without borders) to treat people in Pakistan, India, and every other Country that has the needy and the indigent. There are many, many more examples of Christians helping others; not because they have to, but because they want to!

It was Christians that opened the first Universities in the United States. “The New England Primer was the first text book ever printed in America and was used to teach reading and Bible lessons in our schools until the twentieth century.”

Yes, of course there have been horrible things that were done in the name of Christianity that wasn’t Christian, but in IMO they weren’t Christian. If you have Jesus in your heart, it would be impossible to do those things.

I’m not perfect, but the One who made me and saved me is, and its on His Word I Stand.

• Upvote 1

Markinsa...thank you for your insight/input...I hope you don't mind, but I "pinched" your input and used it in my rebuttal to Capike in the other postings. Well done.

As far as the hotlinks you provided, believe me, I will be very interested in searching them out. As I have spent a lot of time researching this particiular area, so any new info would be of great interest. Just beware, you may be opening a whole new can of worms... :)