Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CELEBRATE ME HOME

vern

Religion is poison and the world would be better without it. Plus I like having these debates, it's entertaining. This post was completely off topic and all i did was throw in my opinion. I didn't insult anyone directly. Unless opposing views insult you. Excuse me mr. sensitive. Now calling someone an idiot, well that would certainly be a direct slam. Way to turn the other cheek there fella now pull up your skirt. :D

hahaha

#1 Its not off topic this is the off topic room

#2 I`m not religous

#3 I never turn the other cheek

#4 Pull up my skirt ? hmmmmm thats a rather suggestive statement.

Dear lord, I pray that religion would end. Lets see if "he" answers. ;)

The only ones who are fearful of such postings are those with evil in their hearts. It is a shame that you don't have the joy of knowing the blessing from our Father in Heaven. Time will tell if you are so anti-God come judgement day. You don't believe? Soon you will! Remember we all stumble and fall before we walk. Sit down and exchange some thoughts with yourself, repent and find the many blessings from our Father. I'll pray that the seed that have been planted grows in your heart and you share it with others. Trust in no man, only God! Man will disappoint you every time. :blink:

• Upvote 1

Directly from Wiki.....

Genesis 2

God fashions a man (Heb. adam, "man" or "mankind") from the dust (Heb. adamah) and blows the breath of life into his nostrils, then plants a garden (the Garden of Eden) and causes to grow in the middle of the garden the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil and the Tree of Life. God sets the man in the garden "to work it and watch over it," permitting him to eat from all the trees in the garden except the Tree of Knowledge, "for on the day you eat of it you shall surely die." God brings the animals to the man for him to name. None of them are found to be a suitable companion for the man, so God causes the man to sleep and creates a woman from a part of his body (English-language tradition describes the part as a rib, but the Hebrew word tsela, from which this interpretation is derived, has multiple meanings; see the Textual Note, below). Describing her as "bone of my bones, flesh of my flesh," the man calls his new help-mate "woman" (Heb. ishshah), "for this one was taken from a man" (Heb. ish). This sundering, a making of two from one, predicates reunification in marriage, in which two will be made one: "On account of this a man leaves his father and his mother and clings to his woman." The chapter ends by establishing the state of primeval innocence, noting that the man and woman were naked and not ashamed, and so provides the departure point for the subsequent narrative in which wisdom is gained through disobedience at severe cost.

Nuff said...good day

So now you are saying " God created woman by taking a rib out of man ". That's quite a bit different from saying " ".'A man creating a women out of a rib "

• Upvote 1

:) Thanks Hammy---- :) Vern

Anytime Vern. Whether you know or not, (and I'm sure you do) not everyone will be saved. It is not the will of God that any be lost or separated from His love, although He has no problem turning his back on sin and sinful nature. Those on this site that do not want anything to do with God (namely Jesus) is that they would have to change the way they lived. Now because of the "love of the flesh", "the love of the eye's or what they see" and the "pride of life" is more important to them than their soul, they choose to say there is no God and this is "Nonsense". Never knowing that their soul is the greatest gift from Heaven next to Jesus who paid the debt they could never pay. So let them choose. God does. Fame, riches, power, things of this world. Things that get stolen, things that rust, things that moths eat.........Things.......that they just won't take with them when they (by themselves) stand before a Holy God. They will say "I refused the gift you gave, as a matter of fact I never even opened it or believed that it was worth anything." God is not going to forgive them because they think they were GOOD ENOUGH, or NICE ENOUGH. Now me personally, I would not want them either. Free Will. Wow. The choice we make here while we have free will, is going to ensure that we will never deny Him while we are in Heaven. He is awesome. Vern I do not feel sorry for those who spit in the face of my Lord and Saviour, call Him names, and smote Him. I do not feel sorry for the vengeance that they will receive from the Lord. I DON'T.

• Upvote 2

Umm well, no one knows what happened to jesus's body. Did they ever find it?

LOL! Hmm, well even thought the time frames are arguable, the "gospels" weren't written at the same time, or as you put it in one year. LOL! I know more about your own religion than you do, and I haven't even read the bible fully.

Total absence of evidence? Wow, read an science book. I gave you plenty of accepted examples of evidence earlier. Still waiting on your evidence that supports theism? You know other than, ummm, since I or science don't know it must be the notorious G.O.D. Keep trying buddy.

What happened to Jesus's body?

What year was the last Gospel Written. Seeing that you don't know what a gospel is (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John.)

Two simple questions capike. What is the answer to these? Get on Wiki if you need to.

Edited by hammy

No difference in the crazy department.

so God causes the man to sleep and creates a woman from a part of his body (English-language tradition describes the part as a rib,

Find me a 'man' who can do this...... if it was done once surely it can be done again.

Your evidence capike is in your answer. No answer, no evidence.

Easy question, What year were the Gospels written in? Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

Was there a ruler in Rome named Titus?

Was there ever a man named Herod?

How about Josephus?

Did Rome destroy Jerusalem?

Were Christians persecuted for the name of Christ?

You see, your answer is in front of you. You choose not to look at it, and don't want to see it. You have no desire for Truth. You desire the lie. There is a point that I am making, though I cannot make it without your answer. You have already said to me that the Bible is written by "primitive peasants in the desert." which I left on my home page for you to look at if you need to. So tell me, in What year did these primitive peasants write this rubbish?

Date please._______________________?

Scientific discoveries made during the 1920s and 30s changed modern astronomers' understanding of the basic structure and form of the Universe. Up to that point in time, almost all astronomers believed that science had established that the Universe was static; (aware we don't think this now) the steady state Universe had existed forever. (or so they thought) They concluded, naturally, that if the Universe had always existed, if it was never created, then there was no need for a Creator.----RIGHT--------

The French philosopher George Politzer expressed the almost universal prevailing opinion held by intellectuals that the Universe had always existed:

"The Universe was NOT a created object....If it were, then it would have to be created instantaneously by God and brought into existence from nothing. To admit creation, one has to admit, in the first place, the existence of a moment when the Universe did not exist, and that something came out of nothingness. This is something to which science cannot accede." George Politzer, PRINCIPES FONDAMENTAUX DE PHILOSOPHIE, Editions Sociales, Paris, 1954, p.84. ----------------NOT MY WORDS--------------

However, many scientists, such as Sir Arthur Eddington, discovered that Professor Albert Einstein's mathematical field equations (I'm sure you have heard of these guys? being a smarta** now. ) established conclusively that the Universe could not have existed infinitely. ------------AGAIN NOT MY WORDS---------Professor Eddington admitted, in his book, Cosmos and Creator, that the idea of Creation deeply troubled him. HEAR WHAT HE SAID? "Philosophically, the notion of a beginning of the present order of Nature is repugnant to me."Arthur S. Eddington, as reported in S. Jake, Cosmos and Creator, Chicago:Regnery Gateway, 1980.........However, Eddington acknowledged that the discovery of the Universe's creation eliminated a huge barrier to faith.----AGAIN NOT MY WORDS-------- "It will perhaps be said that the conclusion to be drawn from these arguments from modern science,is that religion first became possible for a reasonable scientific man about the year 1927." Arthur Eddingtion, Internet site: www.windowsview.org/science/heerenl.html

These new discoveries produced a revolution in scientific thought as scientists struggled to adapt to this new radical truth that upset all of their previous assumptions. OBVIOUSLY, (and you will disagree) if the Universe had a definite beginning in time, then it is essential that there must be a Creator who stands outside this Universe. A Universe that springs into existence together with time, space, energy, and mass is OBVIOUSLY a Universe that DOES NOT AGREE WITH THE PHILOSOPHY OF EITHER PANTHEISM OR ATHEISM.

In 1927 a milestone in the advancement of scientific knowledge of our Universe's origin. American astronomer Edwin Hubble---heard of him right?---he used the new Hooker telescope at Mount Wilson in California to discover that the distant light sources he was looking at were not stars but actually ASTRONOMICAL PHENOMENA called nebulae. They were distant galaxies, all containing billions of stars like our Milky Way. he discovered that these enormous galaxies were MOVING AWAY FROM OUR GALAXY and from each other at stupendous velocities.

After Dr. Albert Einstein had personally verified, through Sir Edwin Hubble's 100 inch wide telescope, that the galaxies were expanding away from us at tremendous velocities, that the Universe MUST LOGICALLY have had a definite beginning at some point in the distant past.----Wow capike, this is Einstein talking here, want to call him an idiot?---------Professor Einstein later wrote that he wanted "to know how GOD (yup he said GOD) created the world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts, (as in GOD'S) the rest are details." Albert Einstein Internet site: http://rescomp.stanf...teinQuotes.html

The brilliant seventeenth-century scientist, Sir Isaac Newton, (another idiot) wrote in his book OBSERVATIONS ON DANIEL AND THE REVELATION OF ST. JOHN: "The most beautiful system of the Sun, planets and comets could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being." 400 years ago, Newton stated that "The Creator had placed the stars at immense distances from one another." He acknowledged that the DIVERSITY OF NATURAL THINGS could never have been produced by BLIND METAPHYSICAL NECESSITY, but only by an intelligent supernatural Creator."

Newton wrote that "blind fate" couldn't possibly account for the "wonderful Uniformity" that was demonstrated by the planetary movements. "Gravity may put the planets in motion, but without the divine power it could never put them into such a circulating motion as they have."

ALL IDIOTS !!!!!!---------------------------------NOT--------------------------------------

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Edited by hammy

I don’t even know why I am jumping into this, but this thread is getting a little vicious with the name calling and insults. I have lived in Houston, TX most of my life and for a period of about ten years lived next door to an astronaut who was an atheist. With his scientific background, he was convinced that there was no God. He is decent, kind, and fun to be around, and our children were good friends and spent a lot of time together. While we lived next door to each other, we had many long, thoughtful conversations on religion while sitting on the patio. I am a believer and have been all my life. Our conversations were long, thoughtful, and while we never agreed about God and how this whole planet came into existence, we respected each other and were good friends. I never worried that he was going to try to turn my children against God, and he never worried that I would thump the Bible and talk about Jesus to his kids, and we never felt the need to call each other idiots. When he was going up on his first mission, I told him I would be praying for him. He just smiled and said, “Thanks, I guess.” While he was on this mission, he said he looked at the earth and how small it was in relationship to the rest of the galaxy, and he began to think about what a small portion of that small planet he occupied. He also began to think about how short of a time span his life would be in relationship to the age of everything else that existed. He saw first hand how everything “just worked” together, and in that instant, he knew it all didn’t just happen by accident. Long story, short…he became a believer while circling the earth and was eager to share his experience. I think those of us who feel peace when we turn a problem over to God want everyone to know that same feeling, BUT we cannot change anyone’s heart, only God can do that. What we can do is live our lives in a way that glorifies God, talk to people about our beliefs IF they are open to it, but never pass judgment. God’s timing is always perfect and He’s got everything under control. We’ve had a lot of laughs over the years…the first time his son came over to our house, he went home and told his dad that he thought we must be afraid of vampires because we had a cross hanging on the wall in the kitchen. They are a great family, and I miss living next door to them…hmm, think I will give him a call today.

• Upvote 3

There are only three choices actually about a man called JESUS...

1. He was a lunatic

2. He was a liar

3. He was who He said He was (Son of the Living God)

The choice is ours.

For me, I would rather get to the end of my life here believing the 3rd to be true and

find out that it isn't than get to end of my life here believing it not to be true and then find out that it is!

Anytime Vern. Whether you know or not, (and I'm sure you do) not everyone will be saved. It is not the will of God that any be lost or separated from His love, although He has no problem turning his back on sin and sinful nature. Those on this site that do not want anything to do with God (namely Jesus) is that they would have to change the way they lived. Now because of the "love of the flesh", "the love of the eye's or what they see" and the "pride of life" is more important to them than their soul, they choose to say there is no God and this is "Nonsense". Never knowing that their soul is the greatest gift from Heaven next to Jesus who paid the debt they could never pay. So let them choose. God does. Fame, riches, power, things of this world. Things that get stolen, things that rust, things that moths eat.........Things.......that they just won't take with them when they (by themselves) stand before a Holy God. They will say "I refused the gift you gave, as a matter of fact I never even opened it or believed that it was worth anything." God is not going to forgive them because they think they were GOOD ENOUGH, or NICE ENOUGH. Now me personally, I would not want them either. Free Will. Wow. The choice we make here while we have free will, is going to ensure that we will never deny Him while we are in Heaven. He is awesome. Vern I do not feel sorry for those who spit in the face of my Lord and Saviour, call Him names, and smote Him. I do not feel sorry for the vengeance that they will receive from the Lord. I DON'T.

Amen, Hammy! I do not know why they have to always give God a bad rap! When people refuse to repent, after a while He pulls back His sustaining Grace and the ENEMY hits!!! (Because he has legal ground to be there when they deny Jesus.) I think that we should all pray for the Lord to bless him because the Scriptures say it is the goodness and the kindness of God that leads a man to repentance.

Scientific discoveries made during the 1920s and 30s changed modern astronomers' understanding of the basic structure and form of the Universe. Up to that point in time, almost all astronomers believed that science had established that the Universe was static; (aware we don't think this now) the steady state Universe had existed forever. (or so they thought) They concluded, naturally, that if the Universe had always existed, if it was never created, then there was no need for a Creator.----RIGHT--------

The French philosopher George Politzer expressed the almost universal prevailing opinion held by intellectuals that the Universe had always existed:

"The Universe was NOT a created object....If it were, then it would have to be created instantaneously by God and brought into existence from nothing. To admit creation, one has to admit, in the first place, the existence of a moment when the Universe did not exist, and that something came out of nothingness. This is something to which science cannot accede." George Politzer, PRINCIPES FONDAMENTAUX DE PHILOSOPHIE, Editions Sociales, Paris, 1954, p.84. ----------------NOT MY WORDS--------------

However, many scientists, such as Sir Arthur Eddington, discovered that Professor Albert Einstein's mathematical field equations (I'm sure you have heard of these guys? being a smarta** now. ) established conclusively that the Universe could not have existed infinitely. ------------AGAIN NOT MY WORDS---------Professor Eddington admitted, in his book, Cosmos and Creator, that the idea of Creation deeply troubled him. HEAR WHAT HE SAID? "Philosophically, the notion of a beginning of the present order of Nature is repugnant to me."Arthur S. Eddington, as reported in S. Jake, Cosmos and Creator, Chicago:Regnery Gateway, 1980.........However, Eddington acknowledged that the discovery of the Universe's creation eliminated a huge barrier to faith.----AGAIN NOT MY WORDS-------- "It will perhaps be said that the conclusion to be drawn from these arguments from modern science,is that religion first became possible for a reasonable scientific man about the year 1927." Arthur Eddingtion, Internet site: www.windowsview.org/science/heerenl.html

These new discoveries produced a revolution in scientific thought as scientists struggled to adapt to this new radical truth that upset all of their previous assumptions. OBVIOUSLY, (and you will disagree) if the Universe had a definite beginning in time, then it is essential that there must be a Creator who stands outside this Universe. A Universe that springs into existence together with time, space, energy, and mass is OBVIOUSLY a Universe that DOES NOT AGREE WITH THE PHILOSOPHY OF EITHER PANTHEISM OR ATHEISM.

In 1927 a milestone in the advancement of scientific knowledge of our Universe's origin. American astronomer Edwin Hubble---heard of him right?---he used the new Hooker telescope at Mount Wilson in California to discover that the distant light sources he was looking at were not stars but actually ASTRONOMICAL PHENOMENA called nebulae. They were distant galaxies, all containing billions of stars like our Milky Way. he discovered that these enormous galaxies were MOVING AWAY FROM OUR GALAXY and from each other at stupendous velocities.

After Dr. Albert Einstein had personally verified, through Sir Edwin Hubble's 100 inch wide telescope, that the galaxies were expanding away from us at tremendous velocities, that the Universe MUST LOGICALLY have had a definite beginning at some point in the distant past.----Wow capike, this is Einstein talking here, want to call him an idiot?---------Professor Einstein later wrote that he wanted "to know how GOD (yup he said GOD) created the world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts, (as in GOD'S) the rest are details." Albert Einstein Internet site: http://rescomp.stanf...teinQuotes.html

The brilliant seventeenth-century scientist, Sir Isaac Newton, (another idiot) wrote in his book OBSERVATIONS ON DANIEL AND THE REVELATION OF ST. JOHN: "The most beautiful system of the Sun, planets and comets could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being." 400 years ago, Newton stated that "The Creator had placed the stars at immense distances from one another." He acknowledged that the DIVERSITY OF NATURAL THINGS could never have been produced by BLIND METAPHYSICAL NECESSITY, but only by an intelligent supernatural Creator."

Newton wrote that "blind fate" couldn't possibly account for the "wonderful Uniformity" that was demonstrated by the planetary movements. "Gravity may put the planets in motion, but without the divine power it could never put them into such a circulating motion as they have."

ALL IDIOTS !!!!!!---------------------------------NOT--------------------------------------

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

So GOD is still creating the universe?

Why is there zero geological evidence to support creationism but never ending proof of evolution.

Where did the grand canyon come from. Did god speak it into exsistence or did it take millions of years to form.

religious = gullible

If anyone deserves to go to the mythical hell it's god.

Anybody who drowns babies because their parents are "evil" should burn for eternity

Edited by Drunken Irish
  • Upvote 2

Actually there are four choices, you simply forgot the last one which is he never existed in the first place. Why would you choose the third? would the "son of god" be so evil as to punish you for not believing, even though "he" provided no evidence to support himself? Even further, would "god" give us free will, knowing that some would not believe only to punish them in the afterlife even though he provided no proof? If your "god" is supposed to be all knowing then surely he would have known that some of his "children" would not believe. So why punish? Seems downright manipulative and evil to me. Peace

Kindness of "god"? Hmmm, yet he would burn his "children" for eternity? That is some strange kindness. Just sayin

Capike, God gave us free will . . . everyone is given a choice. God's justice will prevail . . . no matter what! He gets justice either through repentance and the Blood of Jesus when we are forgiven or His judgement. It is your choice . . . but those of us that know HIM and His heart and His character, it is hurtful for you to say such things. God is for us and it is HIS desire that everyone come to the Kingdom . . . but not everyone chooses to. The ENEMY comes to steal, kill and destroy! Jesus came to give us life more than abundant! You may want to blame God as an excuse to sin and not serve Him but some of us choose HIM. Of course, we are not perfect . . . just forgiven!!! and therefore, we have peace and joy!

Actually there are four choices, you simply forgot the last one which is he never existed in the first place. Why would you choose the third? would the "son of god" be so evil as to punish you for not believing, even though "he" provided no evidence to support himself? Even further, would "god" give us free will, knowing that some would not believe only to punish them in the afterlife even though he provided no proof? If your "god" is supposed to be all knowing then surely he would have known that some of his "children" would not believe. So why punish? Seems downright manipulative and evil to me. Peace

Kindness of "god"? Hmmm, yet he would burn his "children" for eternity? That is some strange kindness. Just sayin

You see sir, we are NOT ALL God's Children. Only those of us who believe that He is and are willing to call Him FATHER have been given the right to be called His Children. (John 1:12)

Didn't your own father teach you this? Or don't you believe in him either or are you not your father's son?

"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called the children of God! And that is what we are"! (1 John 3:1)

The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know Him".

Unfortunately for you sir and all the other unbelievers...

"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire.

He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language,

for he is a liar and the father of lies". (John 8:44)

"Only a fool says in his heart that there is no God

You believe that there is one God; you do well: the devils also believe, and tremble". (Psalms 14:1)

Your argument is with Him and not me or the other believers here so if you have a problem or an issue with these statements then I suggest you take it up with God.

These are His Words, not mine.

Of course you must first believe in your heart that He is before you can have a conversation with Him.

Have a blessed day sir....

Edited by freedomnetwork

:)

"Only a fool says in his heart that there is no God

You believe that there is one God; you do well: the devils also believe, and tremble". (Psalms 14:1)

Read more: :) The sad part for me is when i hear someone say they dont believe- I know we all have that option of saying yes or no to GOD,s call. When people talk to one another and you have a burden for them you tend to pray and ask that they do see what is right. The sad part comes when one is real adamant about their beliefs and they die. I just get a sinking feeling for that person . WHY? Because if GOD,S word is true then they are lost and they were promised an afterlife that is beyond what we expect. If we are wrong then my life has been a good one . I would,nt really trade it for anything. But if what im saying is right then we have a promise. ---Look at it this way- You have bought into the idea of the DINAR. You believe that you will win . But if it doesnt then youve had fun. However if you had heard about it and said nope aint doin it and then it hits your going to get angry at your brother /sister/ friend or whoever right. Your goint to try and kick yourself and its all in vain. But you believe in the future of the Dinar.---so what is the difference? Dinar is still short lived --GOD is for ETERNITY-----For GOD so loved the world that HE gave His only begotten SON. ---JOHN 3-16-17. Blessings -Vern :)

I am not Jesus Christ and I am sure glad that I know that. I am a man that believes in Him. I also believe on His power to change mens hearts. He is the only one that can do that. Me personally, can't wait for the day that the haters of God are feed to the fowl of the air. Say wan't you will, say what you want. You that say there is no God or He can't be God because He burns His children. NO NO NO only those who don't want anything to do with Him. Can't wait for the day that those who hate God, Nash their teeth, all the while saying "Why did I not listen, why did I not accept the gift" Nash away. Those who hate God are no lose to the Kingdom of Heaven. IMO

The gospels were written in 50a.d. up to 70a.d .

Jesus died in about 33a.d. on a cross, (form of Roman capital punishment) written in letters or (books) that were widely read and proclaimed in 50a.d. They all state that He died was put in a tomb and covered with spices. Traditional at that time, covered his body with a big pile of them. Mostly to cover the smell. Closed the tomb and sealed it (with a roman seal) with wax at the points where the stone met the tomb. Then it says the Soldiers stood guard over it. Ordered by the procurator. To fall asleep, or leave the post would have been death under roman law. It was considered a military post. His Death was scourging, Crucifixion, and a Roman soldiers spear in his side. They made sure he was dead. All of this was written and widely communicated in 50a.d. Option- Roman soldiers conspired to take His body and bury it or hide it somewhere-But when the new Christians were proclaiming He had risen-it would have been easy to produce a dead guy and stop the uprising. Don't you think. Option- The Jewish rulers who had him handed over to be crucified took his body, no that don't work either. So the silly Christians must have taken and hid or buried his body somewhere in the wilderness (after they fought off the Roman Military Post and started this new religion. Then THEY ALL GAVE THEIR LIVES, some in horrific ways. I might Live for something I know is a LIE, don't think I would DIE for it though. When the tomb was found open it was written and proclaimed that just the cloths were there. The spices were not disturbed, just kind of sunk down where His body once lay. After all this it says He showed himself alive to Hundreds of people in Jerusalem. That is one serious lie to proclaim and be widely spread throughout the Middle East, Asia, and Rome. First of the Gospels written around 50 a.d. (only 20 years after all this took place) communicated by word of mouth before that. How do I know they were not written 200 years later? Easy. Matthew 24:2 - Mark 13:2 - Luke 21:6. All say the same thing. Written at different time intervales. They say; And Jesus answering said unto him, See thou these great buildings? There shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

He was speaking about the Second Temple. Lots of gold in that Temple. On the walls, the doors, in the Holy of Holies. You see in 70a.d. Titus of Rome (not mentioned in the Bible) Attacked Jerusalem Burned and Destroyed the Temple. The Gold melted between the stones that constructed it. Roman soldiers broke each rock and building stone apart looking for that Gold. THIS IS NOT MENTIONED IN THE BIBLE ANYWHERE. If mere peasants wrote this Book, I don't care what year it was, they would have mentioned the destruction of Jerusalem and its most Holy site the Temple. Not mentioned. It would have said " And just as Jesus prophesied NOT one stone was left upon another."

Written in as early as 50a.d. other books and writings up to 70a.d. That's only 20 years after this had all taken place. 20 years. It would be like me writing and proclaiming a new highly controversial religion that says Princess Diana not only died in that car accident but 3 days later came back to life, showed herself alive to hundreds of people, oh and while she was alive before she died and then was alive again, she healed the sick, caused the blind to see and raised other people from the dead. No disrespect to Princess Di. Just that everyone knows who she was. Just as everyone knew and had heard of Jesus at that time. If this was not true, and if this had never happened, this so called lie, this religion would not have made it. So you say what about the Koran? When that religion was being spread throughout the region it was to battle against the New Religion and was spread by the Sword, accept it or lose your head. The Christians were for the first 300 - 350 years were being prosecuted and killed for that belief. Some Christians don't know how to act and a lot of terrible people used Jesus to kill, look at Hitler.

You see my point, Don't have to agree with it. I could not write something like that about princess Di ONLY 20 years later. People are still alive to know what happened. Just as it was back then, except the people that saw what He did and what happened knew it did. So you have a man that taught for 3 years in a romote part of the world proclaimed to this day as the Son of God. There is only one truth, His name is Jesus Christ.

Edited by hammy
  • Upvote 2

Hello capike, Look, nobody is trying to talk you into believing in something you don't. There is overwhelming archeological evidence that has been discovered in Israel to support the claims in the Bible. There are dozens of scriptural examples like the one above. What would happen do you think, if you did believe? What if, (and I know it is) but what if it is true? What if your wrong? Don't read the Bible like a story, it is to be studied. It's history. There are lots of historical evidence and writings around the world (history) that support the Bible. I'm just asking.

Hello capike, Look, nobody is trying to talk you into believing in something you don't. There is overwhelming archeological evidence that has been discovered in Israel to support the claims in the Bible. There are dozens of scriptural examples like the one above. What would happen do you think, if you did believe? What if, (and I know it is) but what if it is true? What if your wrong? Don't read the Bible like a story, it is to be studied. It's history. There are lots of historical evidence and writings around the world (history) that support the Bible. I'm just asking.

Where is the overwhelming evidence of the flood. How did a 600 year old man who lived in the ME travel 8,000 miles to gather up all the kangaroos and polar bears on different continents.

Why did your god drown millions children?

http://youtu.be/CccaGaKOlSI

If even one story in the bible is fabricated then they are all suspicious.

Hopefully we are not as gullible as the illiterate folk who lived during the bronze age.

• Upvote 2

"God" get's justice? Pardon, but what does that even mean? Please just think about what you are stating? Why would an all powerful, all knowing, omnipotent force need justice? Why would such a force even care what we think or do? Does "god" get brownie points or quota bonuses for getting as many souls into heaven as possible? What kind of lonely "god" would need CONSTANT adoration?. These are obviously human attributes given to a fictional deity. How could you know what is in the heart of such a being or know "his" character? If your "god" would burn "his" children simply for the way "he" created them, then that doesn't speak very highly of "his" character. As you said, well we have "free will", a choice, well if you believe that then logically you would have to believe either 2 things. 1. That your god is NOT all knowing or 2. that he is a twisted sociopath. I say this because think about, if "god" was all knowing, then "he" would have known what you would do with the free will he gave you, so why would "god" create you knowing you would choose not to believe and then punish you for not believing. That is just criminal and the definition of evil. You're right, belief in "god" is for you and the other credulous believers, it isn't for us rational people with independent minds. "god's armies have killed, destroyed, and stole the most out of any humans on the face of the planet throughout time, so you might want to reavaluate who the "enemy" truly is. I don't, nor could I blame "god" for anything. I can't place blame on something that doesn't exist. And I have never "sinned" a day in my life for I respect the golden rule, which is much more sound than any "holy" book "moral code" could ever be. Universal law never advised me to murder innocent people, but the bible sure does. Sorry if logic is hurtful to you, sometimes the truth is painful. Good day friend

Capike . . . I am truly sorry that you feel this way . . . it is total nonsense! Who do you think created that magnificent brain that you are using????[/b Also, you think that you are so logical and pragmatic . . . this is reality. The Believers bring to this forum love, joy, peace, compassion, faith, optimism, blessings and uplifting statements. The nons bring confusion, bitterness, strife, condescending remarks, bashing, hatefulness and venom. Now, logically . . . you figure it out! The Lord says you will know them by their fruits . . . when the fruit is rotten . . . there you have it! May God grant you repentance to the knowledge of the truth that you can recover yourself from the snare.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well that's all well and good my friend, because I don't believe things that can't be substantiated for credulity has never been my strong suit. That is not true, there isn't a single SHRED of archeological evidence to support the supernatural events in the bible or that Jesus existed at all. Sorry, Scriptures don't equal fact and a story (a second hand story at that) is precisely what it is. Sure you could study it but just because it is studied also doesn't mean it is to be taken literally. People study greek mythology all the time, it is not to meant to be actually believed.

Well what if you're wrong about Allah, Vishnu, or Buddha? Your an atheist in regards to those beliefs and absolutely NOTHING separates you from those beliefs except for the environment to which you were raised. If you were born in Iraq, India, or asia, you would most likely have a different set of beliefs. Your beliefs were most likely not a product of divine intervention, but rather a result of your surroundings. I'll take my "chances" and live with an open/free mind thank you. Peace

What he said...

What he said...

I thank God that I was born in the USA and I was taught to believe! Have you ever thought about reading Josephus, who was a historian at the time of Christ? There is plenty of evidence that HE Lived. There is plenty of evidence that He lives now . . . just ask the Believers. My God is a living God . . . He is not dead. Other belief systems require that you have to strive for perfection to reach them but my God meets us where we are . . . even if it is in the gutter! I do not have to perform . . . only trust Him!

You would be shocked, DI, but I have already spent hours in prayer and intercession on your behalf . . . I trust that HE will reveal himself to you and that you will know that HE is real! Whether you chose Him or not . . . that's your choice . . . but you will know that He is real!!!!!