Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CELEBRATE ME HOME

vern

Blessings to all- JESUS said-- Come follow me and I will make you fishers of men- In the beginning GOD Created the heavens and the earth..David said to make a joyful noise unto he LORD- Serve the LORD with gladness,come before HIS presence with singing---PSALM 100:1-5--- I pray that you will enjoy this . Please just close your eyes and listen- May GOD Bless you all and your homes -children and all--Sometimes HIS favour we dont fully see- But HE has an answer for you and for me-----Vern :)

:twothumbs:
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Dear lord, I pray that religion would end. Lets see if "he" answers. ;)

:) There is no such thing as religion--It is a Relationship with a man called JESUS---so yup i think your question has been answered - So now do you believe?Blessings Vern :)

• Upvote 6

Hey capike, anytime your ready for that scientific discussion on your belief in Evolution, or any other science related subject...You just let me know. Just because you don't believe something does not mean it is not true. If you choose to hang on to a "theory" as truth, then you have more faith than those of us who KNOW that Jesus is Lord.

You religiously believe in evolution. SAD. :(

• Upvote 2

Hello vern. Don't know you very much, but your a brother in Christ. Capike is............................not worth arguing with. Sew the seed. Someone else will water it, and someone else will harvest it. Otherwise the Lord himself will cut it down and throw it in the fire himself. Jesus does not force his love on anyone. If after all this he chooses to not believe his blood will not be required of us. Some are meant to be eaten by the fowl. See Rev.19:17-18

• Upvote 3

meh....Religion, relationship, cult, it's all semantics. Sorry, I'm not arrogant enough to believe in "blessings". peace

Whenever bro. LOL, so you feel it's more plausible to believe in the the burning bush rather than genetic mutation which is observable? You should take that comedy routine on the road my friend. Theory or not, the point is that it is obvservable in the natural world. When's the last time you saw Jesus, and not just in your head? Your right I believe in evolution, because it makes logical sense. A man creating a women out of a rib does not. if ignorance is bliss you must be the happiest person on earth. Take care, Peace

Now I would like to see the link to your source of information on that one.

• Upvote 1

This is for capike. READ IT>>>>The reality that he chooses to believe in. Which is fine, as long as my hands are clean. Again, to everyone else read on if you want, though I have had a couple of comments on my home page from capike so CAPIKE (not yelling, just clarification) this is for you. Can't wait for your intelligent response.

The theory of evolution suggests that all living things on Earth have come into being through accidental, random natural processes that began with a primeval mass of subatomic particles and radiation billions of years ago. Further, evolution states that life formed spontaneously from non-living inorganic matter and, through chance and random good mutations, life gradually evolved from a "simple" cell into the remarkable diversity of plant and animal life, as well as humanity. Evolution is taught as a fact, not as a theory, in the universities and high schools throughout the world. Although Charles Darwin popularized the theory almost 150 years ago, it remains just that--a theory--because the

scientific evidence required to prove it has never been found. The only thing holding the tattered theory of evolution together is the powerful desire of millions of people to hold on to the notion of evolution, regardless of its scientific weakness, because the alternative is unthinkable to its believers. The only logical alternative to evolution is obviously the theory that a supernatural being--GOD--purposefully designed and created the Universe and man.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth!

One of the most basic of all scientific observations is known as the Second Law of Thermodynamics. This fundamental law of science states that the total amount of usable energy throughout the Universe is constantly decreasing. This law is fundamental in science because scientists have never found a single exception to this observation. Okay guys this must mean, unless you can find what scientists have not that the Universe must have been created at some point in time and has been running down ever since. This means that the "steady state" theory of some early evolutionary scientists that the Universe has always existed is false.

The first problem of evolution that must be faced is this: Where did the Universe and its massive energy come from and when did it begin? It is ILLOGICAL to believe that the Universe accidentally came into existence out of nothing and out of random chance. The only logical conclusion is that the Universe was purposefully created with intelligent design and supernatural power by some Being who exists outside of the Universe, space, energy, and time itself. That Designer must be God.

The second fundamental problem faced by the theory of evolution is the absolute impossibility that life was spontaneously generated by chance from inanimate or non-living inorganic elements. The evolutionists account for the chance development of life from non-living matter by imagining the the Earth's primitive oceans and atmosphere in the distant past ( In a Universe without any life) were composed of an unusual chemical mixture the call "prebiotic soup." Look it up. In other words, they suggest that the oceans and atmosphere on the primitive Earth were accidentally composed of every single one of the essential chemicals and that some energy source, possibly lightning, stimulated these unlikely chemicals to bond together over billions of years by pure chance to spontaneously generate life from non-living material. How CRAZY IS THAT? But if you don't believe in a Creator YOU HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE.

The words of Professor Chandra Wickramasinghe, an eminent British scientist: "One of the earliest questions that was raised in connection with the primordial soup was deciding whether at any early stage in the Earth's history, if there was a situation when the Earth's atmosphere was not of its present character, that is, was REDUCING [without free oxygen] rather than oxidizing. We looked at this rather carefully, and we decided that the Earth's atmosphere was never of the right character to form an organic soup...we published this in a book under the title of 'LIFECLOUD'...Geo chemists and geologists have now come round; they now go on to say the the primordial soup had to be imported from outside...THERE'S NO WAY IT COULD HAVE DEVELOPED UPON THE EARTH...The organic soup itself is not such a marvelous thing. It is a prerequisite for any biological activity to start; that's certainly true. But it doesn't follow that if you have an organic soup it could get life started...And when we looked at the probabilities of the assembly of organic materials into a living system, it turns out that the improbabilities are really horrendous, horrific in extent and I concluded along with my colleagues that [this] could not have happened spontaneously on the Earth...There's not enough time, there's not enough resources and there's no way in which that could have happened on the Earth."

If the atmosphere contained free oxygen, as most scientists believe, the the oxygen would have combined with the amino acids, which would make them useless to the process. However, FOR THE SAKE OF ARGUEMENT, lets imagine the the impossible actually occurred by chance, producing the soup. But then what are the odds against the spontaneous generation of life developing accidentally from this "prebiotic soup"? Biologists have calculated that the odds against these chemicals spontaneously generating organic life by chance, according to Dr. Wickramasinghe, are only one chance in 10, to 40,000 The odds are equal to 1 followed by 40,000 zeros! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? To put this in perspective, scientists have calculated that the total number of atoms existing throughout the known Universe of 50 billion galaxies (each containing hundreds of millions of stars like our Milky Way) is only 10 to 74. That is a 1 followed by 74 zeros.

Please!

IN THE BEGGINING GOD CREATED THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH. gen 1-1

Evolutionary scientist Arthur Keith admitted, evolution is unproved and unprovable. We only believe it because the only alternative is special creation which is unthinkable.--B.G.Ranganathan, ORIGINS? (Carlisle:The Banner of Truth Trust, 1988):22.

Some evolutionists are honest enough to admit that their support for evolution is actually a matter of religious faith as opposed to empirical science. professor G.A.Kerkut, of the University of Southampton (London), expressed his conclusion regarding the underlying attitudes of many scientists on the subject of Bio genesis (evolution): "It is therefore a matter of faith on the part of the biologist that bio genesis [evolution] did occur and he can choose whatever method of bio genesis happens to suit him personally;the evidence for what did happen is not available. G.A. Rerkut, IMPLICATIONS OF EVOLUTION (London: Pergamon press, 1960): 150.

In other words, forget about scientific evidence, just BELIEVE in evolution as a "matter of faith" because the evidence "is not available."

A strong supporter of the theory of evolution, Professor T.L. Moor, wrote, "The more one studies paleontology, the more certain one becomes that evolution is based on faith alone. B.G.Ranganathan, ORIGINS? (cARLISLE:The Banner of Truth Trust, 1988):22.

Another evolutionist, Dr. Solly Zuckerman, finally admitted the truth when he wrote, "The record of reckless speculation of human orgins) is so astonishing that it is legitimate to ask whether much science is yet to be found in this field at all. Philip Johnson, DARWIN ON TRIAL (Washington, D.C.:regnery Gateway, 1991):82.

Dr. Niles Eldredge has written, "We paleontologists have said that the history of life supports (the story of gradual adaptive change), all the while really knowing that it does not." Philip Johnson, DARWIN ON TRIAL (Washington, D.C.:regnery Gateway, 1991):59.

I BELIEVE THERE ARE TWO KINDS OF ATHEISTS: The ordinary atheist and the ornery kind. Ordinary atheist says, "I believe there is no God while I acknowledge that it is possible that you might have encountered evidence that convinces you that God exists." While the other says, "There is no God, and you can't possibly know that there is a God either.

God is in everything I do and say (that is the plan anyway) If you are one who chooses to keep God out of your life, He is not in anything you do. The former is my choice.

Read more:

Edited by hammy
  • Upvote 3

Thanks for the invitation! I have read it , cover to cover, several times in my lifetime. I have also view many translations . None of them ever indicated, 'A man creating a women out of a rib", that is why i requested your link to your source. I certainly hope you are not getting all your information from 'wikipedia' .

• Upvote 2

-1 Sorry don't get it. This person starts a religious thread. Stating nothing more then a nice passage out of the bible. You know its a religious thread and you still read it then slam them. Man you don't even have to be religious to figure out your a idiot.

• Upvote 5

:) In Balantine's Self Pronouncing Law Dictionary, 1948, page 389 , Human Being is defined as "See Monster." On page 540 of this same Law Dictionary, Monster is defined as "a human being by birth, but in some part resembling a lower animal."

In Webster's New World Dictionary , Third College Edition, 1988, pages 879-880, a Monster is defined as "a person so cruel, wicked, depraved, etc., as to horrify others."

From the Random House Dictionary of the English Language , 2nd Edition, page 901, Human Being is defined as a "Natural man: unenlightened or unregenerate," and on page 1461, Unregenerate means "not regenerate; unrepentant; an unregenerate sinner; not convinced by or unconverted to a particular religion; wicked, sinful, dissolute."

In Webster's New World Dictionary , Third College Edition, 1988, page 657, Humanitarianism is defined as "the doctrine that humankind may become perfect without divine aid."

In Colliers New Dictionary of the English Language, 1928 , Humanitarian is defined as "a philanthropist; an anti-Trinitarian who rejects the doctrine of Christ's divinity; a perfectionist."

And in the Random House Webster's College Dictionary, 1990, page 653, Humanism is defined as "any system or mode of thought or action in which human interests, values and dignity predominate, especially an ethical theory that often rejects the importance of a belief in God."

Therefore, when anyone calls himself or herself a 'human being', or a 'humanitarian,' they are saying (according to every definition of these words, and according to the law), "I'm an animal; I'm a monster; I'm not saved; I'm unrepentant; I'm an unregenerate sinner; I'm not converted; I'm wicked, sinful, and dissolute; I'm cruel, depraved, unenlightened; and I reject Christ's divinity and the importance of a belief in God."

"Individuals [bondman] rely for protection of their right on God's law, and not upon regulations and proclamations of departments of government, or officers who have been designated to carry laws into effect ." Baty v. Sale, 43 Ill. 351." [Codes, edicts, proclamations, and decisions are not Law, which define or regulate the Good and Lawful Bondman. Therefore, title 42 "law" suits are ungodly, and are the redress for and of human beings, i.e., non-believers.]

The Septuagint uses the term "human beings" only one time, and its meaning is identical to the above definitions. Let's look at the last verse of the book of Jonah, where Nineva was full of men who were unrepentant, unregenerate, unconverted, wicked, sinful, dissolute, cruel, depraved, unenlightened, rejected the importance of a belief in God. Or, in other words, "human beings."

"and shall not I spare Nineve, the great city, in which dwell more than twelve myriads of human beings, who do not know their right hand or their left hand...?" [Jonah 4:11 (Septuagint)]

The "human beings" of Nineve did not know their right hand from their left because they did not know the Truth and were lost. They did not know God, they were separated from God. However, those human beings were willing to turn from their ways and learn the things of God, so He spared that city from destruction.

The term "human being" is also synonymous with the term 'natural man.'

"The natural man is a spiritual monster. His heart is where his feet should be, fixed upon the earth; his heels are lifted up against heaven , which his heart should be set on. His face is towards hell; his back towards heaven. He loves what he should hate, and hates what he should love; joys in what he ought to mourn for, and mourns for what he ought to rejoice in; glories in his shame, and is ashamed of his glory; abhors what he should desire, and desires what he should abhor." [Thomas Boston, quoted in Augustus Toplady, Complete Works (1794, reprinted by Sprinkle Publications 1987), page 584].

And the Word confirms:

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." [1 Corinthians 2:14,]

The above verse witnesses to us that the natural man is spiritually dead. The 'natural man' in Scripture is synonymous with the 'natural person' as defined in man's laws.

"Natural Person means human being, and not an artificial or juristic person." Shawmut Bank, N.A. v. Valley Farms, 610 A. 2d. 652, 654; 222 Conn. 361.

"Natural Person: Any human being who as such is a legal entity as distinguished from an artificial person, like a corporation, which derives its status as a legal entity from being recognized so in law. Natural Child: The ordinary euphemism for 'bastard' or illegitimate." [Amon v. Moreschi, 296 N.Y. 395, 73 N.E.2d 716." Max Radin, Radin's Law Dictionary (1955), p. 216.]

Those that are spiritually dead belong to the prince of this world because he's dead himself. Satan has dominion over the natural man, for he is the prince of this world [John 12:31; 14:30; 16:11]; and, as a consequence of this, he has dominion over those of the world, i.e., human beings, the natural man – those who receive not the things of the Spirit of God and reject Christ. Because the bondman in Christ is sanctified from the world, he is separated from the adversary's dominion over him–sin [John 8:34]. This is the cause for Christ having sanctified Himself in the Truth of the Word of God – to provide the entrance to the refuge in and through Himself for us.

I really dont need to sign this - - But i cant resist this one--Blessings--Vern :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

:) --capike- yes you can believe the way you want-- I share what I know to be true. Ye it is true to me. But by the way others speak then i am not alone. However- when you say There is no GOD or you wdont believe or however you wish to put it that is ok. For you----. I stand by my words. . You know when you go thru what i,ve gone thru then i can speak with authority for what i know. When you look at history you have to take in a Historian named Josephus..He wrote there was a man called JESUS. He also stated that JESUS died and rose again. You can call history down if you wish. The BIBLE is also history. The Old Testament is the Torah which is the Jewish Bibleand in tha book they talk about a Messiah and the coming of the same. History shows that HE came. You want to think different that is fine. Your allowed and so is everyone else.I chose to believe that JESUS rose again and is coming soon. For me i have studied and looked for anything and everything and i am a person who needs to know. I know this to be true-There is a man caalled JESUS. That you can agree with. I believe there is a GOD . That you can agree with. I believe That this world was created by something /someone BIGGER than me .That you can agree with. I am not speaking for you i am going by what you wrote. I believe that JESUS is coming again. You may not believe that and that is ok. I believe that you should get your heart right-You may not believe that and that is ok. That is between you and GOD. Why do i say that? Simple-because if i am wrong then there is going to be a consequence -if i am right then i get to be in a place that is better than tis and i choose to call that Heaven . Aplace where GOD and HIS sSon lives. However if you are wrong then i give you 3 seconds there and you will change your mind. But that is for you to decide not me . All i can do is give you some facts like your giving to me. You choose what you want . JESUS said that - You choose this day --(paraphrased) I choose to believe what i believe. ..So i leave it with you.. You do or you dont. That is up to you. I wont argue - your a smart man. :) Blessings Vern
  • Upvote 1

I would never demean you as a person and whatever you have gone through, rest assured there are non believers who have gone through similar and possibly worse things. The first testament also says it's ok to kill and torture innocent people so I can't exactly understand why you mention it. Even most christians don't know how vile the 1st test is. Word of mouth does not prove the existence of jesus. (doesn't disprove it either however), but one thing is for sure there is zero evidence for the supernatural events that surround his myth. In the end though. you are absolutely right. Your preference is your preference and mine is mine, I say live and let live, unfortunately though religion doesn't adhere to the live and let live philosophy since it is a mechanism which can cause otherwise good people to do terrible things to those with opposing views hence the unfathomable amount of death and destruction caused to innocents from religious institutions. Don't get me wrong, I think some of the messages of religion are beautiful and fall in line with universal law, but i think that's what people should take from religion, the message, and you don't have to literally believe in the supernatural to be religious. Thank you for the compliment, and for not freaking out from my POV. You sir are representative of what christianity is meant to be. Peace be with you my friend. BTW, I love your avatar.

:) capike ------I really want to look at something here k? ---I have said this before and i will say it again til im blue in the face--There is NO-RELIGION........for me anyway- It is a RELATIONSHIP that I have with a man called JESUS. thats all. Dont get hung up about thet so-called religion. Thats not important here. Do you think when JESUS hung on the cross HE asked the guy at the side of HIM if he was Penticostal/Baptist/Anglican/Jewish or whatever. ? I really dont think so -Thats why i look at it as a RELATIONSHIP. Just like i have with you. Someone can ask me about you and i can say -yup he likes fishing -cars- quilting :lol: - ya get the idea. Didnt know - ya could be a woman.(dont know -wont ask) :lol: just thot of that -yikes im slipin here. Anyway you do get the idea i know you do. So when your sitting there or sleeping just ask yourself -what if. --Thats all What if..... I know your think -he,s pushing- yup thats right i am - you gave me a few things to think about not that i,m going to change my mind but a few thing i want to study . Why not. So you see thats the way I roll . It is a RELATIONSHIP. and there is nothing wrong with that -i dont think. Ya maybe i,m wrong here to. I dont think so cause everything i read points to that direction. Another way of looking at CHRIST is if im in the woods why not carry to compasses...You always check one against the other so your not lost or that you wont get lost. At least you get a better grip on what is happening right? Just something to think about. Maybe for the rest who read this to. As for the changing of my mind thing that wont happen i,m married- -just thot you,d like that :lol: Peace to you and GOD Bless -Vern--JOHN3:16-17

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Why is the story in wikipedia different than the bible's? If so, how was Eve created?

The Bible tells us in Gen. that "God created man from the dust of the earth". ......... 'then later caused that man to fall asleep and took a rib of man and created woman".

"nowhere in any translation or on wikipedia does it say "'A man creating a women out of a rib "

If you are going to use the Bible as your source of information then we must use it in the context from which it was written..

BTW: have you ever read or studied the bible with an unbiased approach. As you would if you were studying any other piece of work.

• Upvote 1

Capike you are an absolute idiot. The way you talk to people is disgusting.

What year is this?

Why is it only 2011?

What happened to Jesus's body?

What year were the gospels written?

Can you answer any of these questions with any accuracy?

I sure am glad that the lord does not force himself on anyone. Someday you will realize you were wrong. Oh well.

And just a little btw. Me calling you an ABSOLUTE idiot has nothing to do or not do with being a believer in Jesus Christ. My belief has nothing to do with the way you talk about other people with respect of "How they Believe or not believe" There are several people in my life I have come across that don't believe as I do, but they are no way near as rude and vile as you can be. You are rude, insecure, shallow, mostly though you are selfish. IMO. If you do not wish to have God bless you, I am most certain He will damn you.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

In February 1992 an article in the Scientific American magazine noted that evolutionists have a new bizarre theory panspermia. Some of the evolutionary scientists who admit that life could never have spontaneously evolved on Earth have made a novel suggestion that either the prebiotic soup or Lifeforms themselves evolved elsewhere and were brought to Earth in the distant past from another galaxy. I don't think this is science at all more like science fiction! If mathematical probabilities make evolution impossible on Earth, then the same extraordinary odds make evolution impossible in any other galaxy or Universe, no matter how many billions of years scientists imagine they have.

This intellectual desperation of the scientists reveals two important facts.

1. Evolution is finally collapsing due to the total absence of evidence in its favor and the problems with the theory that life evolved by chance.

2. The desperation to accept any alternative variation in the theory to support evolution reveals the real motive for holding on the this discredited theory.

The desire to escape the consequences of the alternative--the creation of life by a supernatural Creator--God