Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

An economic seminar in Baghdad to discuss the possibility of entering Iraq in the World Trade Organization

An economic seminar in Baghdad to discuss the possibility of entering Iraq in the World Trade Organization

AK News - 02/04/2011 @ 16:24 PM

Baghdad, April 2 (Rn) - discussed a number of experts and government officials on Saturday, Iraq's access to WTO membership, in a symposium hosted by the Institute of economic reform.

Chief Executive of the Institute of economic reform contrary goldsmith in a speech opening the symposium, attended by the correspondent of news agency Kurdistan (Rn) announced today that "the Iraqi Institute for economic reform opens a file on Iraq's accession to the WTO and ask an important issue is: Are we now ready as a community economist to join the organization World Trade. "

"The WTO is interested in full commercial matters, therefore, join Iraq in the current phase requires activation of the task of economic laws, such as the customs tariff law, and the Banking Act, and the law of oil and gas, and other important economic laws."

He pointed out that "the private sector did not turn up to the economic maturity did not promote himself, and factory workers turning to additional unemployment, which hinders Iraq to communicate with the general structure of trade in the world."

On the other hand, the trade minister said Khairallah Hassan Babiker in a speech on his behalf that "Iraq continues in its efforts to gain membership in the WTO to the twinning of economic relations with countries of the world's economically developed and commercially, which has a permanent membership in the WTO."

He added that "the Ministry of Commerce, in coordination with the institutions of a country's economic, to open dialogue with the private sector, and to develop a joint mechanism for the advancement of economic reality, which paves the entry in the WTO."

He noted that "there are some economic constraints that develop the need for Iraq business, which would hinder access to Iraq's permanent membership of the Organization".

In turn, said the President of the Economic Committee in the Iraqi parliament Ahmed al-Alwani, who conducted the Economic Forum's (Rn) that "this symposium are of great importance, as it would put the Iraqi economy to the correct path in case the exploitation of the results properly and work to achieve it."

"The role of the Economic Committee in the House of Representatives will be to focus on the development of fact, investment, banking and land titling and the introduction of economic privatization."

He said al-Alwani to that "Iraq's accession to the WTO will provide the ability of marketing high for Iraq and removes the barrier of isolation, economic and trade experienced by the country," adding that "the next stage requires the liberalization of trade restrictions and laws that intersect between foreign trade and domestic trade of Iraq."

For his part, said a member of the Trustees of the Institute of Iraqi economic reform Kamal Al-Basri in a lecture he delivered at the conference, "I try to put a set of questions, notably what is the organization's impact on the countries of the world, and what influence in Iraq, in the event of joining the organization?".

He explained that "Iraq does not win membership of the Organization will contribute to the deterioration of the value of foreign investment, and a decline in total agricultural production and exports decline significantly."

He Basri, said the "industry in Iraq Athzy attention of the Government, therefore, its role in the gross income of the country's rate of 1%, as well as in the status of agriculture, which is not activating the role of agriculture as Almltob yet."

He said the "13 billion acres, according to the latest statistics, ready for planting and sufficient for the domestic production and provide food security, but ignore the state of the Iraqi farmer did not sleep," he said.

He said optical out that "the number of state-owned enterprises with a 192 project that is running the 800 000 workers, and the government unable to pay their salaries," noting that the issue needed to be $ 2 million from the state budget, therefore, Iraq should be to enter the World Trade Organization to develop and reality. "

He explained that "there are two types of problems in Iraq's entry into the World Trade Organization, the ability of capital, technical and other problems."

And invited the Iraqi Ministry of Trade and the United States to support Iraq to join the World Trade Organization WTO.

On January 29 last announced that the Iraqi Ministry of Trade World Trade Organization is "convinced" package of legislation approved by the Iraqi Council of Representatives to support the trade policy in the country.

Iraq seeks to obtain permanent membership in the WTO, rather than an observer member, as is the case at this time.

The WTO was founded in 1995 and comprises 147 countries world as permanent members.

The organization aims to create economic world, preserves the rights of consumer and producer through an international system of laws through the full employment of state resources and prevent the sale of goods with non-universal impulse.

AK News link

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1

THERE YOU HAVE IT --REAL INTEL---THATS WHAT TELLS THE HOLE STORY ABOUT IRAQ AND THE WTO-------SEE ALL THE PEOPLE FROM OTHER SITES SAYING THEY WHER IN BY MARCH25,2011 AND THAT THEY WOULD BE IN BY APRIL 8 2011 WHERE FULL OF BS---I STATED THIS FOR THE LAST MONTHS WHAT HAD TO BE DONE AND LOW AND BEHOLD LOOK AT THE ARTICAL THAT SHOWS UP--------IRAQ HAS A WINDOW OF OPP. TO GET IN BY JUNE,2011 THE NEXT WOULD BE BY THE END OF THE YEAR 2011 I HAVE FOLLED THIS CLOSELY AND RECIEVE E-MAILS WEEKLY FROM WTO---THE US WILL 100% BACK THEM INTO THE WTO----BUT THE GOI MUST GET OFF THEIR A-- ANDDO WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR ITS NOT GOING TO BE HANDED TO THEM,THEY HAFT TO HELP AND THE US DOES HAVE SOME PULL--------SO THE NEXT TIME YOU HERE SOME GU-----RU SAY THEIR IN OR WILL BE IN ON A CERTAIN DATE----DONT BELIVE IT--------------WITH OUT PROOF..

• Upvote 6

This is really good news. Did anybody notice the date? 2/4/11 (2 April 2011)

Ron, have you found any articles later than this that would indicate their progress since 2/4/11?

Thanks for the post.

The actual date of the post is TODAY, 2 April 2011...most of the world uses day-month-year, even our military. I hope this helps...!

RON B)

Edited by ronscarpa
Comment added

This is really good news. Did anybody notice the date? 2/4/11 (2 April 2011)

Ron, have you found any articles later than this that would indicate their progress since 2/4/11?

Thanks for the post.

The actual date of the post is TODAY, 2 April 2011...most of the world uses day-month-year, even our military.

I hope this helps Carrello...!

RON B)

• Upvote 1

Well, it is always nice to see the groundwork being laid of what is expected from the GOI to become full-pledged members.

It seems they have a striving goal to achieve that....

I recall reading about Tariff laws

It appears they're revamping their banking system

And, they're just touching base on the Gas & Oil law.

Now, how much can they get done by June of 2011? Is beyond me.. They've gone this far w/o being members, I am sure if they can't decide they'll put it off further.

Luckily, the U.S. will back them fully & that is some huge pull IMO.

I think other things that need to be considered is a full release of Chapter 7. -- I think this alone would help them globally and could see some change on the value of the IQD alone. I don't think the WTO is a big factor, but the steps necessary to be introduced will help on our investment. Just my .02