Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I personally feel Like the immaturity level to this place has gone way down. You can't say anything without anyone bashing or not respecting one another's thoughts or suggestions. When I was 12 I was on teen forum sights and drama broke out. But at that age it was to be expected. Someone purposely picked a fight with me in a thread and they had the last say; funny thing is I did not say anything to start something with them. Finally I took it private and asked what they had against me? Their response was: omg dont take anything serious over the internet. Good day. Lol - after reading that it seriously reminded me of a 13 year old girl or something. The bashing and disrespect needs to stop. Is there anything the mods can do? Temporary probation? Warning? I mean I come here to read and learn; not deal with high school drama. Just my thoughts. Sorry for the rant. Have a good day everyone!

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 2

And we're off.

Thanks for the post VanessaL4100, keep in mind that people in these situations of anonymity and no consequences for their behavior have a tendency to say things that they might not say to people if they were standing having a conversation with them in person. Civility is a lost art on the Internet with some people. Please notice that I didn't say all people, as it is not the case. You know as well as all of us who these people are and they are on here the most, so take everything they say with a grain of salt, I wouldn't waste my time answering or responding to it, just share what you have to share and go about your day. Nothing you can say will change their attitude or way of being here. You have to take care of you and don't go down the hole with them, because it sure would be easy to spout off negative things to them.

Have a Great Day, thanks for the Post and Go RV!

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Please don't take my response personally Slade, you are not necessarily who I would be referring to, but you do know who those are, many people do. It was just a response to VanessaL4100. I didn't intend to be accusatory, I didn't even read the issue yesterday and had and have no intention of taking sides. Everyone has an opinion, heck I am certainly responsible for my opinions but I enjoy reading the varying opinions of others as it broadens my ability to understand and learn from a place other than my own head.

I do Not consider you an "A**Hole. I apologize if that is what you took from my comments. Thanks for all you bring to the forum.

• Upvote 3

Good Post Vanessa, I agree on the immaturity on some post. However, with that being said I did have to agree with Slade on one thing, that being that the internet is no place for thin skin. I replied to an article a week ago that was political based and voiced my opinion. I was told my family tree was a stump for writing what I did. And maybe he was Partially right, My southern roots do run deep. But I did not even give a second thought to post a reply to a remark that was so asisnine. I have thick skin because of the career I have so I just grinned and went on. This site is the best I have found and very rarely go to any other. We can post replies, get kudo's or bashed and trashed. That's the freedom that our military men and women have fought and died for. Just Sayin'

• Upvote 3

Please let me add that I read some of the garbage posts and wonder what they are thinking....... But as Maximus has stated I too understand that it is the USA and they can put it out there. I am then responsible for my opinions and most certainly do Not have to believe everything I read and as was stated especially from people that I don't know and may be in the basement making things up, yes that should be a given, but some people forget to use their brains when reading the "intel". I like to think that people are smarter than that. I find this to be educational from some sources and entertaining from others. As long as you know the difference you're in good shape.

Have a Great day

• Upvote 1

The reason some people pop off and act tough online is they have no fear of someone holding them down on the street and bashing their face in. Just so you know.

Ah ha ! ..So thats why you invite them to LUNCH,..Now I get it !

Good Things To All !

I personally feel Like the immaturity level to this place has gone way down. You can't say anything without anyone bashing or not respecting one another's thoughts or suggestions. When I was 12 I was on teen forum sights and drama broke out. But at that age it was to be expected. Someone purposely picked a fight with me in a thread and they had the last say; funny thing is I did not say anything to start something with them. Finally I took it private and asked what they had against me? Their response was: omg dont take anything serious over the internet. Good day. Lol - after reading that it seriously reminded me of a 13 year old girl or something. The bashing and disrespect needs to stop. Is there anything the mods can do? Temporary probation? Warning? I mean I come here to read and learn; not deal with high school drama. Just my thoughts. Sorry for the rant. Have a good day everyone!

Not bashing but I think you screwed up on the first line.If the immaturity level had gone down that would be a good thing.I think you meant the immaturity level has gone up and the maturity level has gone down!!!! JMO but I think it is just the anxiety level spiking for some!!

That's what I think you meant to convey......but I don't agree with your "rant".sorry.other poster are 100% correct.Things here can sometimes get vicious,especially if you take a chance and post something.You have definately been around long enough to realize that haven't you?Nobody likes to receive a malicious response to what they post here,but it happens.Be prepared!!Take it with a grain of salt,realize not all will agree with you......and fire back with both barrels!!!! :) (politely of course!)

Cheers,

Sparky

• Upvote 2

Response from a mod:

We are frequently chastised for being too controlling over threads and responses, and then with the next breath faulted for not stopping anything rougher than a fine grit. One of the reasons DV is a successful site is that we try hard not to over-moderate. You don't have to like us, but you do have to respect the difficulty of the job we VOLUNTEER to do here. ;)

• Upvote 5

Response from a mod:

We are frequently chastised for being too controlling over threads and responses, and then with the next breath faulted for not stopping anything rougher than a fine grit. One of the reasons DV is a successful site is that we try hard not to over-moderate. You don't have to like us, but you do have to respect the difficulty of the job we VOLUNTEER to do here. ;)

Thanks for putting in the time you do. After watching Adam's chat session a few nights back it did cross my mind what a pain in the derriere that it would be to mod that. That being said said it is difficult to trust a mod with those beady eyes and the obvious attempt at concealing ones identity through gross manipulation of photoshop. :P

The only thing that I find disappointing is the backlash against folks who do post a rumor that was not penned by them, even when that is disclosed at posting. I agree with being able to reply and state your position, but believe that the opinion should focus on the content of the post, not the provider of the intel, rumor, etc if said provider did not write it themselves. I think Maximus Delta summed it "stating my opinion while I still can in the USA". While I STILL CAN being the operative here.

Peace. Oh yeah: Go RV

• Upvote 1

Thanks r2d2 for your kind words and encouragement! Greatly appreciated and well needed!

Ok, for one thing you are saying that we the readers of these post should just sit back and "ABSORB" all of this "intel" that is being spewed out from people we do not know and read items that are practically made up in the basements of their grandmas house? Are you saying that we should just let blatant lies go unchecked? Oh my, what a politically correct thing to do... No wonder this world is screwed up...

"not respecting one another's thoughts or suggestions"

Sorry to say but 99% of the "rumors or intel" are lies...

For one I am not "bashing" the poster on DV, but I will bash the bat crap out of the originator of the post that has fabricated "intel"...

Not bashing you just stating my opinion while I can in the USA..

Have a great day!! :D

I agree about the lies and intel.;) I wasn't referring to that! But thanks for your thoughts. :) have a blessed day

Not bashing but I think you screwed up on the first line.If the immaturity level had gone down that would be a good thing.I think you meant the immaturity level has gone up and the maturity level has gone down!!!! JMO but I think it is just the anxiety level spiking for some!!

That's what I think you meant to convey......but I don't agree with your "rant".sorry.other poster are 100% correct.Things here can sometimes get vicious,especially if you take a chance and post something.You have definately been around long enough to realize that haven't you?Nobody likes to receive a malicious response to what they post here,but it happens.Be prepared!!Take it with a grain of salt,realize not all will agree with you......and fire back with both barrels!!!! :) (politely of course!)

Cheers,

Sparky

Hahahahah that you are right on levels! Thanks for catching :D

Edited by VanessaL4100

Not sure if it immaturity or ignorance, which is the better name for what we have been observing? I see people come out with very strong comments. But the comments aren't backed up by any facts. For instance, the whole Obama bashing, especially the birth cert stuff, just drives me batty. The guy was voted in by a majority of voters, and EVEN if the birthcert was from Africa, it's sure going to take more than his remaining term to get him out. Plus, two words should make all of us tremor with fear, if he is impeached...Joe Biden. Don't EVEN getting me started.

Now if you come out with a statement that Obama's decision to go into Libya is unconstitutional based on the fact that according to the constitution only the Congress can declare War...now we have something to debate. And I will be very interested to know what your opinion is based on...I may not agree with it, but at least I know you've done our homework.

However, when someone attacks a person on this site and NOT their ideas, then there are a couple things you can do. Point out that the behavior is uncalled for in an open format and if warranted, notify the Mods...believe me, these guys don't mess around if it crosses the line. Secondly, I actually go to their profiles and confront them...but not in threating way, in a let's get to the REAL reason you are acting like that. More times than not, it is a misunderstanding. And they end up being good friends. Honest, I'd say half of the people on my friend's list had a problem with my comments, we got together off line and now they are people I very much enjoy having an intelligent conversation with. Sometimes the person IS a jerk, and if so, they rarely respond...they just fade away.

Sorry for being long winded, but I have lost a lot of good friends on this site because of what Vanessa is describing! Thanks GF for letting me vent! :)

Edited by Tiffany23
  • Upvote 1

Much of the problem with society in general is reflected in the way some of us treat each other on DV. Having spent over 24 years in the service of our country, I am as avid as anyone to "support, protect and defend the Constitution of the United Staes."

However, what is being lost, on DV and in society at large, is the exercise of RIGHTS without the attendant RESPONSIBILITIES. Simply because we have the right to bash someone, in anonymity and with no consequence to ourselves, doesn't mean we are exercising that right responsibly.

Ask yourself: is it responsible to bash someone, just because they may have posted something you've already seen, without taking into consideration the effect your bash has on the ability of this site to accomplish its mission? We're all in this together. Think about it! GO RV!

• Upvote 1

I see the "Sow Master" has not come back to tend to her inflammatory thread.....fascinating isn't it :rolleyes:

Actually my husband was out of town all this past week and I've been gone all day spending time with him because he got back yesterday. And well life goes on. I'm still going to come to DV, but I've decided not to post anymore. If you really want to know about my private life slade. Not hiding, just been busy.

Edited by VanessaL4100
  • Upvote 1

I would love to read "1" thread where there is no fighting,bickering or bashing!! You people are something else! sad.gif PLAY NICE!!!!

This thread has went down hill and looks like nothing good is going to come out of it!!

This thread is closed!!

PLAY NICE!!!!

• Upvote 1