Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Investing in Dinars: 9. Can we reasonably arrive at a rate?

Enorrste

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so i just have to reply to this!

im just a dumb gunslinger but i have been in iraq since 2004, i kinda know this place.

So the lowest bill they currently have is the 50 dinar note, if it revalues immediatly to 3.86 your telling me a shwarma is going to cost 193 dollars? they cant make any change for it. So.....

its called inflation, they have been doing everything in there power to prevent it thus far, we wont see a big RV.

The 4th argument is for the RI, Reinstituting the pre-Sadaam value of the currency. It has historical merit in that it was based on a floating currency commensurate with oil production. I believe that value was 3.22 dinar per dollar and at that rate it would accomplish all other goals, it's investor proof, its on target for the GCC, and best of all it saves face from Kuwait, as Iraqis can boast that they had nothing to do with Sadaam's invasion and are returning to its historic pre-Sadaam roots.

9. Can we reasonably arrive at a rate?

[Analysis]

All of the discussion thus far has been based upon solid documentation. However when it comes to talking about a possible rate for the RV there is no documentation. We have lots of speculation and rumors about rates, from $.10 to $3.86 for the dinar. None of those is based on anything solid, unfortunately.

There are sites that talk about seeing numbers on bank screens, but this too has not been verified.

We are therefore left with this wide range of values and no facts. However, we need to ask ourselves if there is a way to use logic and reasoning to narrow that band somewhat.

Let

I hope we see more than .10. That would be a good investment sure.... but not a life changing investment that many have hoped for. 2.47 - 3-86 that would do some serious changes to many of our credit card bills.... house payments... quality of education for our children heading for university..... ect. Unless you have extra dinar in your back yard somewhere that the IRS dosen't know about.........

Nobody seems to want to answer the money supply issue. I get your point about other countries holding their IQD for an amount of time so their economy doesn't crash, however they still have a lot of dinar in circulation. I believe it is safe to assume that there is anywhere between 15-45 trillion dinar in circulation. Put that at 1:1 and its bigger than the US economy, put it at 3.86:1 and you've got something that's about 1/3 of the world economy, or more.

This might should be posted under a different thread but something began bothering me as to why this currency has not RVd yet. Has anyone wondered if the GOI wants to RV? If they would not want an RV, then why?

It hasn't happened for various reasons. The best way I can think to describe it is a chess game and all the pieces need to be in place. We only see a small portion of the picture. (Sometimes the little I see makes my head spin) The rv/ri involves the cooperation of several nations and political organizations. I researched the evolution of the U.S. Currency and realized from what we've read thus far, in comparison, Iraq has made a lot of progress in a short amount of time.

Nobody seems to want to answer the money supply issue. I get your point about other countries holding their IQD for an amount of time so their economy doesn't crash, however they still have a lot of dinar in circulation. I believe it is safe to assume that there is anywhere between 15-45 trillion dinar in circulation. Put that at 1:1 and its bigger than the US economy, put it at 3.86:1 and you've got something that's about 1/3 of the world economy, or more.

This was discussed in a chat about two weeks ago and I'm going off of memory. From what I remember a large portion of the trillion is still in CBI. It is available for circulation, but not in the hands of any entity.

one KWD is not $3.90 according to xe.com it is $3.47. And I may be wrong, but the last time I checked all of the GCC countries, the average was no where near the $3.50 range. I think it was around the $2.00, but I cant remember. I do appreciate all of this detailed info and it does sound very good. thanks