Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

WORD ABOUT RV TIME

Heavyduty053

Oh really cool, present the evidence. Sounds to me like your evidence is simply word of mouth spread by other believers. Just for entertainment, say jesus was real, and it could be proven that the MAN actually existed. Still, how is this in any reason to believe in the supernatural. A bit of advice, simply because something can not be explained doesn't mean it has a supernatural cause behind it. I think if jesus "the man" did exist I think we can ALL agree he wouldn't have had blonde hair and blue sparkling eyes :blink: Peace

John 1, verse 18

No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Oh really cool, present the evidence. Sounds to me like your evidence is simply word of mouth spread by other believers. Just for entertainment, say jesus was real, and it could be proven that the MAN actually existed. Still, how is this in any reason to believe in the supernatural. A bit of advice, simply because something can not be explained doesn't mean it has a supernatural cause behind it. I think if jesus "the man" did exist I think we can ALL agree he wouldn't have had blonde hair and blue sparkling eyes :blink: Peace

So, you are admitting here in this forum that you do not believe in the historical Jesus. All of history that was been written about him is false information.

Then is it 'your common sense' that also does not belive in the existence of Plato, and Socrates. Simply by denying their existence you have done away with them. Interesting! So all I have to do to rewrite HISTORY is to deny history, and poof , now I can live in my own little fantsy world. I can make up what i want to believe and try to convice others its' real.

• Upvote 2

Vanessa,

I understand what you are saying. I happen to believe in God. It just my opinion that this forum should keep the two separate: example: church and state, so to speak. I realize that there are a lot of people in this forum that have strong religious beliefs, but I feel it should not be mixed with RV rumors.

Thanks, moonbeam1

One of the great things about this forum and our country is that we have freedom of speech. Separation of church and state is one of the most twisted concepts in our society. The founding fathers wanted the state to stay out of the church's affairs. They wanted the church and individuals to not be hampered by the government. They did not want the government to say that people had to only go to a specified church. Now it seems like people want to twist this to mean that Christians should not be allowed to speak up about their faith. Once I experienced Christ in a real way, Jesus came to live in my heart, and I cannot help but include Him in every part of my life. God is real!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lets weigh the evidence.the bible is the greatest book in the world...(the King James Bible)...no other books is more popular......it went throughout the whole world in many, many diferent languages, (the KJB)...it's sold more than any other book or version in the whole world, (the KJB)....it's memorized more than ony other book or version combined.(the KJB)....it has prophecies that have been proven true, it's never been refuted..(the KJB)...the world tried to destroy it (the catholic church) in the dark ages, but they could not.(the KJB)...It tells you your past, present, and future...no other religion or book does this...(the KJB)...you couldn't prove it false even if you tried...God would see to that...(the KJB)...it stands alone, whether you or I believe it or not, it talks about heaven, hell, satan, angels, prophecy, nations, judgement, and Jesus Christ...by the way...Jesus Christ is the greatest man that ever lived, no other religeous leader can be compared with Him...I'd take His word over yours and anyone elses, including my pa or grandpa...over 10,000 songs about one man, Jesus Christ, how many songs about the other religious leaders? Jesus Christ gives true joy and true peace where it is desparately needed, down in the depths of your heart,..I really enjoy serving him...it's really, truly, fulfilling, if it weren't, I'd go find something else, I 'm not stupid!....That Book, the king james Bible, and that man, Jesus Christ, go hand in hand, it's a powerful combination...Hebrews 4:12,13, (KJB). The Bible talks about the great tribulation which will last 7 years after the rapture of the Body of Christ, so many atrocities will take place, over 2 billion people will die and most of them will end up in hell...It talks about the return of Jesus christ who will get rid of sin, death, suffering, and the devil...hallelujah! He died to make men free.....He suffered for you on calvary, He carried your sins on calvary,...He died on the cross, was buried, and rose again the 3rd day! He gives true peace, true joy, and abundant life, and I'm enjoying it! If the rv happens, I want to spread this message all over the world, starting with America, I love my country. I want to put some hell, fire, and brimstone preachers on national and international television....if not, I'll do what I can....either way....."there's a peace in my heart that the world never gave, a peace it cannot take away, though the trials of life may surround like a storm, I've a peace that has come here to stay...constantly abiding. Jesus is mine, constantly abiding, rapture divine, He never leaves me lonely, whispers oh so kind, I will never leave thee, Jesus is mine." Whooeee! Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!Yeah!!!!!!

• Upvote 5

Danielsan, before Iraq can RV you must wash whole car, then sand the decks, then paint the fence, and if you can not defeat johnny the RV may never occur. Don't forget to breath, very important.

What does Johnny say about the RV??? :o Today?? :D Sunday?? :D Is Johnny a pumper TOO? <_<

My first post. I usually just read the posts to try to gather intel to figure out what my very Christian bro-in-law got me into. I got into this dinar thing mostly on faith that this was going to be a blessing to all counties involved. I have almost never gone for a "get rich scheme" but this some how seemed to tug me in. I'm not as good of a Christian as I would like but if this is GOD's will I'm in. Rv or no rv something very big is coming and all the signs, believer or not are here. I really was blessed and proud of so many that stood up for our LORD. He is real and he is part of everything. He gave us free will and a choice. He lets us feel, see, smell and taste good and bad of our making or natural but sometimes THE ALMIGHTY just has to balance it out a little to give everyone an opportunity to choose for themselves. What will be will be it's our choice how we use our lives that we're gifted for a short time. I am not ashamed of my lord JESUS CHRIST!! So count me in on that too... Peace and blessing to you all.. And if meant for us; then GOOO RVVVV!!!biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

• Upvote 4

You shouldn't be ashamed of christ or parts of his message, but you should be ashamed for believing in the supernatural. If christ were real, I would hang out with him, he seems like he would know how to party.

Miracles are hard to believe in and they should be. If you believe in God then you believe in the miraculous because you see Him at work not only in your life but in those around you. Christ was and is real and we do hang out. He is all about loving people where they are and forgiving people ......even your enemies. I have the truth!!! But the truth I have is a suffering God.......a lamb that was slain......the One who died for His enemies......the One who came not to be served but to serve and to give His life a ransom for many

• Upvote 3

Absolutely not, because your position requires credulity. Your view is, since I can't explain, it must be "god" because this man made book based of off word of mouth that has been altered throughout history tells me so. that is not as logical to me as saying I don't know or there is no "god" Don't get me wrong I, nor can anyone explain why there is anything (matter) at all, but that lack of understanding does not lead me to believe that there is a sky tyrant that illogically and randomly intervenes in human affairs. LOL! Atheism is a religion just like not smoking is a habit. How does it require more faith to believe in evolution over talking snakes, virgin births and miraculous healers? Don't understand that one at all. Do you actually believe "god" has healed the sick?

And your view is: 'since i can't explain the existence of God, it must be there is no God"

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

So you do not accept historical facts. Jesus Christ was indeed a true living person who walked upon the earth. All systems of faith pretty much agree he was real. Some say he was a good teacher, some say he was a prophet, others say he was just a good moral person.

Now the question you must ask yourself--- can I believe what has been written about this person.

believing in something doesn't make it real. there is a substantial amount of evidence that jesus was not human, and that even in pauline christianity he was only of the supernatural world. the writings of historians such as josephus and tacitus who have mentioned an historical jesus have largely been discounted as redactions by christian apologists living centuries later. there is a very informative book on this subject written by earl doherty called The Jesus Puzzle. i recommend picking it up.

Vanessa,

I understand what you are saying. I happen to believe in God. It just my opinion that this forum should keep the two separate: example: church and state, so to speak. I realize that there are a lot of people in this forum that have strong religious beliefs, but I feel it should not be mixed with RV rumors.

Thanks, moonbeam1

Moonbeam, my friend, you echo my thoughts completely.

There are two things in this life that men will automatically pick sides and fight for ... politics and religion.

In some ways it is easier to stay away from the political arguments because it isn't a two sided argument; inmost places there are more than two parties running though in a lot of countries there are two main parties and the divide is pretty clear. Politicians, however change situtations in real time, in full view of their electorate and since they were chosen by the people they can face being tossed and having the people chose others. Contentious and ongoing but to a certain degree flexible.

Now, with religion, it is not even a matter of which version of God is correct, though within the ranks of the believers that is exactly what they sqabble about, having determined they have faith in God, let's decide heirarchy based on whose God is the right one.

Before readhing that pont however, is the basic argument about whether or not God even exists. I won't espouse either side of that mess. I happen, personally, to stand somewhere in the middle. I know there is something out there more powerful tham I am and it seems to direct things at times and it could be just nature and natural progression of the life and death and rebirth cycle. I don't know. I don't think anyone knows for sure. They believe, and that is called faith. Belief in something you cannot see, touch, hear, taste, smell, put a shape and vision to. Believers interpret some of life's events to be communication from God. Fine, that is their faith in action. But what I disagree with is that those who believe seem to feel it is their "God" given right, responsibiliyt, and obligation to "help" others to see their version of God. Before oroganized religion that was never an issue in the lives of man. One would worship as they felt they believed in their hearts. But in the time that Christ walked the earth, and Mohammed spoke of life as it should be, and Confucius started trying to help his people to see a better way, and ... well, there was a spurt of social consciousness that led to what we know today as "organized religion" ... and that, I fear, was the downfall of individual, uncoerced, practice of personal faith.

People are so caught up in not only what they believe but the need to make others believe it too that they automatically engender negative responses from those who would rather believe what they feel, not what they are told to feel based on someone else's belief systems.

Here in the forum I expected to find a certain amount of the political bickering, considering the bulk of members are American and Americans love their politics ... while they love to hate their politicians. Quite a conundrum that.

But I was not prepared for the strident and pervasive use of religious beliefs to counter arguments, establish a basis for conjecture, or even to be used as the basis for the investment. I do not for a moment believe that if there is a God as people describe, He would be manipulating such a paltry thing as the economic of a single country to make some "believers" wealthy. But neither do I believe that the athiests or agnostics are just greedy people going along for the ride and how dare they not be grateful to God for their coming abundance. To me it is all sort of silly. And it is definitly in the wrong place. If people wish to jump up on their soap box and turn it intu a pulpit they have my complete agreement and encouragement to do so. But at the very least it should be posted in the Off Topics. I would suggest, if the mods were amenable, to create a topic along the lines of Personal Beliefs to be there for people to get it off their chests, and those looking for such messages could find them easily. That would leave those not interested in such topics free to whiz right by them without having to dip in to check it out.

Maybe someone could suggest this to the powers that be?

Sorry to have been so long winded here, What I really wanted to say was a great big HOORAH to moonbeam and the other members out there who have garnered negative votes by being strong enough to voice their opinions on this matter. For some reason it would seem the religious amoung us have more red marks to use up than green ones. Does that indicate a basic negative bias? Heaven's no ... not them.

smee2

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is soooooooo entertaining!!! I'd learned that one should keep their religious beliefs when ones do not know the other's beliefs interest, but somehow that can never be done. So once again that is being proved again on this.

I suggest that whoever want to post anything on here that have anything to do with their religious belief they should warn others. Then those who do not have the similar interest SHOULD stay away. To me this is like one likes apple and the other likes orange are trying to forced each other to change their mind because they each think they are right. People....you both are right & nobody is wrong....just pick what you want.

:mellow::blink::huh::o:rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:

Vanessa,

Thanks, moonbeam1

Ok good point. It should go in opinion section. However, I still believe in freedom of speech. If someone posts something to edify to church body, so bet it. Let it be made known on the outside of the thread for those who don't agree, so they don't have to "waist" their time reading. The sad thing is, people, even being all adults here, still feel the need to click on something and bash someone for their beliefs. We don't bash them for not believing. So be it, it's their choice. Free will -- so to speak. I think it's rude and inconsiderate and I am tired of reading bashes of immature people who cannot hold their tongue, or this case, the self-control to say something to tear down someone else!

And your view is: 'since i can't explain the existence of God, it must be there is no God"

that's right. to an objective and reasoning mind, things must be proven. i never really understood why yahweh needed people to have faith. i understand why religious leaders of all religions throughout history needed people to have faith, but not the deities. if they cared so much, why wouldn't they just show themselves? why play the game of faith?

“Faith” is a belief based upon insufficient evidence. Faith begins precisely where “thinking” and problem solving leaves off. The Earth was flat, and lightning came from the gods because there was no scientific means to determine otherwise. Whenever something cannot be explained to an otherwise insufficiently educated individual, the answer always lies in faith and belief in a supernatural entity. No other explanation is necessary. Faith is always an answer, but ONLY in the world of religion. Interestingly, the word is rejected in virtually every other application.

And incidentally, Gallniper is historically correct in his statement above. Documentation of the existence of Jesus did not occur until nearly 100 years after his alleged death. Most historians believe this to be very strange given the fact that there was a tremendous amount of writing done by individuals who would have been peers of Jesus, yet his name is never mentioned during the time period in which he was later said to have done so much. Fascinating.

Edited by Legolas
  • Upvote 4

Ok good point. It should go in opinion section. However, I still believe in freedom of speech. If someone posts something to edify to church body, so bet it. Let it be made known on the outside of the thread for those who don't agree, so they don't have to "waist" their time reading. The sad thing is, people, even being all adults here, still feel the need to click on something and bash someone for their beliefs. We don't bash them for not believing. So be it, it's their choice. Free will -- so to speak. I think it's rude and inconsiderate and I am tired of reading bashes of immature people who cannot hold their tongue, or this case, the self-control to say something to tear down someone else!

Exactly. After reading the first post, they would know what it was about anyway.

This a a rumor how???

Isn't Iraq a predominately muslim country?

America hasn't "fallen" because people have "Turned away from the church"....America has CHANGED (no Obama pun intended there) because people have sought to educate themselves and move out from under what was a very strong and very long term "religious" (ie christian) suppression applying to everything from sex to womens rights. People found out that they are FREE to be who and what they want to be and that the big bad boogie monsters that organized religion has taught would come get them just might be made up garbage to intimidate and control people for the benefit of other people.

I am sure some of you had rather go back to the old days where you kept your wives barefoot and pregnant....after all there is reference in the bible to the woman's "lessor place" in life. Too bad the same creator gave the women (and all other people who have been oppressed by organized religion since it began) the ability to read, learn, think...and FINALLY move out of the shadow and shackles so fondly referred to as "good old christian values"...

Christianity in and of itself (as any other religion) is probably fine...it is the people who twist and turn it to fit their own agenda who ruin it...;)

WELL SAID :twothumbs::tiphat:

Lets weigh the evidence.the bible is the greatest book in the world...(the King James Bible)...no other books is more popular......it went throughout the whole world in many, many diferent languages, (the KJB)...it's sold more than any other book or version in the whole world, (the KJB)....it's memorized more than ony other book or version combined.(the KJB)....it has prophecies that have been proven true, it's never been refuted..(the KJB)...the world tried to destroy it (the catholic church) in the dark ages, but they could not.(the KJB)...It tells you your past, present, and future...no other religion or book does this...(the KJB)...you couldn't prove it false even if you tried...God would see to that...(the KJB)...it stands alone, whether you or I believe it or not, it talks about heaven, hell, satan, angels, prophecy, nations, judgement, and Jesus Christ...by the way...Jesus Christ is the greatest man that ever lived, no other religeous leader can be compared with Him...I'd take His word over yours and anyone elses, including my pa or grandpa...over 10,000 songs about one man, Jesus Christ, how many songs about the other religious leaders? Jesus Christ gives true joy and true peace where it is desparately needed, down in the depths of your heart,..I really enjoy serving him...it's really, truly, fulfilling, if it weren't, I'd go find something else, I 'm not stupid!....That Book, the king james Bible, and that man, Jesus Christ, go hand in hand, it's a powerful combination...Hebrews 4:12,13, (KJB). The Bible talks about the great tribulation which will last 7 years after the rapture of the Body of Christ, so many atrocities will take place, over 2 billion people will die and most of them will end up in hell...It talks about the return of Jesus christ who will get rid of sin, death, suffering, and the devil...hallelujah! He died to make men free.....He suffered for you on calvary, He carried your sins on calvary,...He died on the cross, was buried, and rose again the 3rd day! He gives true peace, true joy, and abundant life, and I'm enjoying it! If the rv happens, I want to spread this message all over the world, starting with America, I love my country. I want to put some hell, fire, and brimstone preachers on national and international television....if not, I'll do what I can....either way....."there's a peace in my heart that the world never gave, a peace it cannot take away, though the trials of life may surround like a storm, I've a peace that has come here to stay...constantly abiding. Jesus is mine, constantly abiding, rapture divine, He never leaves me lonely, whispers oh so kind, I will never leave thee, Jesus is mine." Whooeee! Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!Yeah!!!!!!

Akeskimo,your post just brought joy to my heart, knowing that everything you wrote is ever so true. The joy that our Lord puts in our heart is oeverwhelming, the peace He brings can not be explained and to look at His Creation and plan is just amazing. To behold His Beauty and Holiness someday makes me complete in this sin ravaged world. To worship Him and to be pleasing in His Eyes is my greatest desire...I could feel your love for Him in reading your words and I wanted to thank you. Oh, what a Saviour we have. God Bless each and everyone of you.

• Upvote 3

Brothers and sisters, consider what you were when God called you to be Christians. Not many of you were wise from a human point of view. You were not in powerful positions or in the upper social classes. But God chose what the world considers nonsense to put wise people to shame. God chose what the world considers weak to put what is strong to shame. God chose what the world considers ordinary and what it despises—what it considers to be nothing—in order to destroy what it (the world) considers to be something. As a result, no one can brag in God's presence. You are partners with Christ Jesus because of God. {not your Free Will — Jesus said "No man is able to come to me if the Father who sent me does not give him the desire to come: and I will take him up from the dead on the last day. {cf.John 6:44 (BBE)} Jesus has become our wisdom sent from God, our righteousness, our holiness, and our ransom from sin. The Scripture says, “Whoever brags must brag about what the Lord has done” (nothing else) {1 Corinthians 1:26-31 (GW)} ... certainly not about his "wise choice".

And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel. Instead, he must be kind to everyone. He must be a good teacher. He must be willing to suffer wrong. He must be gentle in correcting those who oppose the Good News. Maybe God will allow them to change the way they think and act and lead them to know the truth. Then they might come back to their senses and God will free them from the devil's snare so that they can do his will. {2 Timothy 2:24-26 (GW)}

I solemnly call on you in the presence of God and Christ Jesus, who (himself) is going to judge those who are living and those who are dead. I do this because Christ Jesus will come to rule (this world) Be ready to spread the word whether or not the time is right. (such as this time, and this place) Point out errors, warn people, and encourage them. Be very patient when you teach. A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. People will refuse to listen to the truth and turn to myths. But you must keep a clear head in everything. {2 Timothy 4:1-5 (GW)}

I'd rather quote three words from The Lord's mouth than speak five thousand of my own... but... "since it's common for people to brag, I'll do it too. You're wise, so you'll gladly put up with fools." {2 Corinthians 11:18-19 (GW)} You'll understand, therefore, my forum name: wadaba - sounds foolish eh? ! I've said enough here (but not in my own words) to stir up believer and unbeliever alike. I hope that the One God will use them for blessing all of you. I hope they were spoken in His Spirit — as much as they were in His own words. That would be in the Spirit of Love. May the Lord bless us all... and forgive me if I've sounded "Smart-Alekky"

• Upvote 1

Blah, blah, blah. Bible thumpers are worse than pumpers. This is the 21st century, can we please evolve out of these stupid fairy tales?

spoken like one who believes his ancestors 'happened by chance' out of a bunch of goo.........it's not too late to research, change your mind..

• Upvote 1

Well put 'akeskimo'. Enjoyed this tremendously!

Brothers and sisters, consider what you were when God called you to be Christians. Not many of you were wise from a human point of view. You were not in powerful positions or in the upper social classes. But God chose what the world considers nonsense to put wise people to shame. God chose what the world considers weak to put what is strong to shame. God chose what the world considers ordinary and what it despises—what it considers to be nothing—in order to destroy what it (the world) considers to be something. As a result, no one can brag in God's presence. You are partners with Christ Jesus because of God. {not your Free Will — Jesus said "No man is able to come to me if the Father who sent me does not give him the desire to come: and I will take him up from the dead on the last day. {cf.John 6:44 (BBE)} Jesus has become our wisdom sent from God, our righteousness, our holiness, and our ransom from sin. The Scripture says, “Whoever brags must brag about what the Lord has done” (nothing else) {1 Corinthians 1:26-31 (GW)} ... certainly not about his "wise choice".

And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel. Instead, he must be kind to everyone. He must be a good teacher. He must be willing to suffer wrong. He must be gentle in correcting those who oppose the Good News. Maybe God will allow them to change the way they think and act and lead them to know the truth. Then they might come back to their senses and God will free them from the devil's snare so that they can do his will. {2 Timothy 2:24-26 (GW)}

I solemnly call on you in the presence of God and Christ Jesus, who (himself) is going to judge those who are living and those who are dead. I do this because Christ Jesus will come to rule (this world) Be ready to spread the word whether or not the time is right. (such as this time, and this place) Point out errors, warn people, and encourage them. Be very patient when you teach. A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. People will refuse to listen to the truth and turn to myths. But you must keep a clear head in everything. {2 Timothy 4:1-5 (GW)}

I'd rather quote three words from The Lord's mouth than speak five thousand of my own... but... "since it's common for people to brag, I'll do it too. You're wise, so you'll gladly put up with fools." {2 Corinthians 11:18-19 (GW)} You'll understand, therefore, my forum name: wadaba - sounds foolish eh? ! I've said enough here (but not in my own words) to stir up believer and unbeliever alike. I hope that the One God will use them for blessing all of you. I hope they were spoken in His Spirit — as much as they were in His own words. That would be in the Spirit of Love. May the Lord bless us all... and forgive me if I've sounded "Smart-Alekky"

Thanks. I've been searching for a message like this.

Spoken like one who believes HIS ancestors happened by rubbing a couple of ribs together and then throwing up a handful of dust ...nothing like a little hocus pocus with a rib and some sand to create a human is there??? :rolleyes:

Have you read the book of Enoch??

Best way to divide a group or start an argument is to bring up politics,abortion,someones momma,sports,Oprah,and oh yeah religion. Way to go.........................................................GO RV 2011 BABY!!!!!

Edited by caz1104

If your "Christian God" is truly Infinite and without limitations then are there not Infinite and Limitless paths back to the realization of Oneness with GOD?

I shall not give my true Identity here. Suffice to say that Christ Himself would have guided many of you Christians to handle your preaching differently. My feelings, however, do not make you wrong. Simply, because GOD / DIVINITY IS INFINITE then all we need to do is FOLLOW THE LOVE IN OUR HEARTS and have COMPASSION for ALL LIFE.

Do what your HEART TELLS YOU! Your brain and ego may lead you astray and you may find your brain and ego trying to force others away from their GOD GIVEN RIGHT to FREE CHOICE ans WILL.

JESUS CHRIST would never TWIST an ARM.

Jesus Christ has utmost respect for anyone's right to choose.

Jesus respects what your heart tells you.

TRUE INFINITE DIVINITY has no need for TIME because IT (Both TIME & GOD) are INFINITE, CYCLICAL (Not truly linear) and TIMELESSLY PERPETUAL.

See past your Human limitations and ALL shall be seen in TRUTH, LOVE & GRACE.

PEACE, LOVE & LIGHT to You All. rolleyes.gif

VishnuDinarHead wink.gif

Hello, why did the feeling of New Age spirituality come to my mind when I read your post? Sorry if I am wrong.

• Upvote 2