Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Firefighter in Iraq

harrysmug

Ok don't get too excited it is the Assyrian New Year celebration. Celebrities from all over are in town or back "home." Nothing to do with $, RV or Security Minister. Sorry

huh.gif

Assyrian New Year April 1st "Kha B' Neesan" 1st Day of Spring is celebrated world wide by Assyrians Communitees across the globe

Still the 30th there.

• Upvote 1

Ok don't get too excited it is the Assyrian New Year celebration. Celebrities from all over are in town or back "home." Nothing to do with $, RV or Security Minister. Sorry

huh.gif

Doesn't this just drive you nuts? "I just saw pictures of Iraqis on TV smiling. It must mean the RV occurred!" Give me a break. Unlike too many people on this board, the GOI and Iraqis do not eat, breathe and sleep the RV. Every piece of news out of Iraqi (whether it's true or not) is not related to the RV. In fact, I would venture to guess that NO news out of Iraq is relevant or related to the RV, despite what all the gurus and geniuses try to lead us to believe. I have genuine sympathy for people here that desperately need the RV to occur. But they need to take a step back. It is not healthy or helpful to let this thing dominate their life.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Assyrian New Year April 1st "Kha B' Neesan" 1st Day of Spring is celebrated world wide by Assyrians Communitees across the globe

Still the 30th there.

And... An additional day to boot (31st)...

Considering this was done mid-day on the 30th, it is hard to see it being related.

However, it seems that any near-confirmed celebration is normally tied to different events (Soccer games, etc).

Oe of these times, we will read they're celebrating for something positive :)

Lets hope this is the case (as the rumors suggest security minister)

We can always stay optimistic, but we also must stay grounded.

Firefighter in Iraq

* Location Baghdad Iraq

Posted Today, 09:24 AM

We were just briefed that there has been and is expected to be a lot more celebratory gunfire in Baghdad. Something happened and Iraqis are firing guns in the air in celebration. This is only @ 15 minutes old. I am checking with folks in the know to see what they are celebrating. Stay tuned !!!

Posted Today, 03:04 PM

Found this...

Ann-info came from some one out of US treasury, scuttle is that everything is done internal rate 3.86 rest of the world should be higher. Contacts father in eastern city- bankers wined and dined him setting up trusts etc for him due to his dinar investment.

Simon-rec'ed info yesterday- got permission to talk about it today- the sec minister was agreed upon today official ann tomorrow in Iraq. Celebration is due to this finally done. another info rec'ed. there wil be a lot of US dignitaries flying over thursday evening and having a celebratory announcement on their saturday. The SDR rates come out on the 1st. The RV has to happen before they announce it. It will happen btwn now and friday.

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!

And that is what we are! 1 John 3:1

• Upvote 2

I remember seeing something scroll on the bottom of our local news channel last night about the Iraqis stopping some deadly stand off. It seemed they were happy in a way that they themselves stopped it? It didn't say much being a short sentence scrolling but this could have something to do with it to? I am hoping for better news though.

Firefighter in Iraq

* Location Baghdad Iraq

sad.gifWe were just briefed sad.gif that there has been and is expected to be a lot more celebratory gunfire in Baghdad. Something happened and Iraqis are firing guns in the air in celebration. This is only @ 15 minutes old. I am checking with folks in the know to see what they are celebrating. Stay tuned !!!

Briefs for everyone.........ya......do you know how long they went without?sad.gif

• Upvote 1

Firefighter in Iraq

* Location Baghdad Iraq

We were just briefed that there has been and is expected to be a lot more celebratory gunfire in Baghdad. Something happened and Iraqis are firing guns in the air in celebration. This is only @ 15 minutes old. I am checking with folks in the know to see what they are celebrating. Stay tuned !!!

He is right, There was some gunfire and mortur action...,, I am in Camp Liberty right now and we had incoming earlier today,,,I realy don't think it was in celebration, however I do think it was anger and was aimed at us..

oops sorry I should call it by the correct name... VBC Victory Base Complex

oh ya it may not have been incoming but nobody knows here so we had to do our accountability .. we had 100%

He is right, There was some gunfire and mortur action...,, I am in Camp Liberty right now and we had incoming earlier today,,,I realy don't think it was in celebration, however I do think it was anger and was aimed at us..

oops sorry I should call it by the correct name... VBC Victory Base Complex

oh ya it may not have been incoming but nobody knows here so we had to do our accountability .. we had 100%

We took 3 rockets last night too..

been a hell of a day so far..

Firefighter in Iraq

* Location Baghdad Iraq

You are the same guys that told us not so long ago about large screen TVs all over Bagdad and how dignitaries were arriving in the city!! REMEMBER???

Here is what happened today 03/30/2011 in Bagdad( and this my friend is not a sign of any celebration).You probably meant well, but if is another one of those garbage stories, it doesn't kick, bro.

Baghdad (CNN) -- At least nine city and provincial officials were among dozens killed when armed militants took over a government building in Iraq and held hostages this week, Interior Ministry officials told CNN Wednesday.

At least two journalists, including CNN contributor Sabah al-Bazi, were among the dead when armed men assaulted and seized the building in Tikrit in northern Iraq on Tuesday.

At least 56 people died and 98 others were wounded in the attack, which ended after Iraqi forces launched a raid to take back the building and free the hostages.

The United States condemned the "senseless and brutal attack" in a statement on Wednesday.

The embassy in Baghdad called it "an attack on the very foundations of democracy that Iraqis have strived so valiantly to build."

The armed militants, clad in police uniforms, clashed with the Iraqi police, and a suicide car bombing also was reported in the fighting in Tikrit, the capital of Salaheddin Province.

Three provincial council members were among the dead, as were six city council members from the nearby town of Shirqat, officials said.

Overall violence in Iraq has dropped drastically over the past three years, and the insurgency there has received devastating blows. However, Tuesday's assault shows that Iraq remains an unstable country and insurgents are still able to carry out deadly attacks.

"This coordinated attack in Tikrit bears the hallmark of al Qaeda in Iraq, and the attackers were planning to take all members of Salaheddin Provincial Council as hostages," a senior official with Tikrit police told CNN on condition of anonymity because he is not authorized to speak to media.

Al-Bazi was a freelancer who worked with Reuters, CNN and Al-Arabiya, according to his cousin Mahmoud Salih, also a freelance journalist.

Salih -- who said al-Bazi died in the car bombing -- told CNN his cousin contacted him 30 minutes before he died, asking him whether he wanted to film ammunition seized by security forces.

A number of gunmen inside the building were wearing explosive vests, and at least two of the attackers detonated their vests as Iraqi security forces approached, Tikrit police said.

Dozens of employees were held hostage inside the building, which houses the provincial council and other government offices.

Local TV in Tikrit showed video of smoke rising from the building, surrounded by Iraqi security forces, and aired the sounds of heavy gunfire.

The tactics were similar to an attack on a church in Baghdad in October, when gunmen took dozens of hostages, detonated suicide belts, and killed and wounded scores of people.

Authorities in Salaheddin announced a three-day mourning period for the victims of Tuesday's attack.

A U.S. military spokeswoman said American troops "assisted Iraqi security forces with securing the site of the attack and were providing aerial observation and surveillance in support of Iraqi forces on the ground."

The United States is set to withdraw all of its troops from Iraq at the end of the year in a bilateral agreement with the Iraqi government. However, it is too soon to predict whether the United States and Iraq will negotiate an agreement to keep some U.S. soldiers there after year's end.

• 2 weeks later...

I am with you Surfer: I got the chills up and down my spine when I read your post Desert Medic, It brought the reality of what is happeing into my home. How can anything get accomplished when there is so much turmoil over there. I have a sister coming home in two weeks, I hope that all of you have orders to come home too. Thank you, thank you, thank you... Let's throw in an RV for good measures!!