Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Unreported Soros Event Aims to Remake Entire Global Economy

Papster

Very interesting

SNOPES EXPOSED

Snopes is heavily financed by George Soros, a big time supporter of Obama!

“…. In our Search for the truth…...department, we find what I have

suspected on many occasions. I went to Snopes to check this out and they said it

was false and there were no such dockets so I ‘Googled’ the Supreme Court,

typed in ‘Obama-Kagan,’ and guess what? Yep you got it. Snopes lied.

Everyone of those dockets are there. So Here is what I wrote Snopes:

Referencing the article about Elena Kagan and Barak Obama dockets: The

information you have posted stating that there were no such cases as claimed and

the examples you gave are blatantly false. I went directly to the Supreme

Court’s website, typed in Obama Kagan and immediately came up with all of

the dockets that the article made reference to.. I have long suspected that

you really slant things but this was really shocking.

Thank You, I hope you will be much more truthful in the future.

That being said, I’ll bet you didn't know this.

Kagan was representing Obama in all the petitions to prove his citizenship.

Now she may help rule on them.

Folks, this is really ugly. Chicago Politics; and the beat goes on and on

and on...

Once again the US Senate sold us out! Well, someone figured out why Obama

nominated Elana Kagan for the Supreme Court..... Pull up the Supreme Courts

website, go to the docket and search for Obama. She was the Solicitor

General for all the suits against him filed with the Supreme Court to show proof

of natural born citizenship.. He owed her big time. All of the requests were

denied of course. They were never heard. It just keeps getting deeper and

deeper, doesn't it? The American people mean nothing any longer. It's all

about payback time for those who compromised themselves to elect someone

that really has no true right to even be there.

• Upvote 2

Regarding this "Unreported Soros Event", I just pulled the agenda from the INET site. So the title of this thread is untrue to start. After reviewing the agenda, you will see that the participants are world renown economists, professors, journalists, and heads of state. This is an international group, with many Americans, including Larry Summers.

So you pulled up the program, :blink:

Question? WHAT WAS SAID? <_<

Is any of this Iraq News Yet?

Edited by estephan
  • Upvote 1

Regarding this "Unreported Soros Event", I just pulled the agenda from the INET site. So the title of this thread is untrue to start. After reviewing the agenda, you will see that the participants are world renown economists, professors, journalists, and heads of state. This is an international group, with many Americans, including Larry Summers.

If you can still say that this conference's motus operandi is the remake the global economy to Soros' fancy, you need to read it again. The conference is examining situations and discussing how to get the most, learn the most, and possibly improve the global economy.

This thread was a sham, full of hate, and written by someone that needs a financial education.

Crisis and Renewal: International Political Economy at the Crossroads

INET Annual 2011 Conference

Mount Washington Hotel

Bretton Woods, NH

Welcome and Opening Remarks

Robert A. Johnson - Executive Director, Institute for New Economic Thinking

4:15-6:00 PM Session 1

The Emerging Economic and Political Order: What Lies Ahead?

Moderator: Anatole Kaletsky - Associate Editor, The Times

Panelists:

Jean-Paul Fitoussi - Professor of Economics, Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Paris

Harold James - Professor of History, Princeton University

Kenneth Rogoff - Professor of Economics, Harvard University

George Soros - Chairman, Soros Fund Management and the Open Society Foundations

Bretton Woods Conference, Historical Review: James Boughton - International Monetary Fund - Historian

Introduction of Keynote Speaker: Robert A. Johnson - Executive Director, Institute for New Economic Thinking

A conversation on New Economic Thinking with Martin Wolf - Chief Economics Commentator, Financial Times and Keynote Address by Larry Summers - Former Director of the White House National Economic Council

Saturday, April 9

Bretton Woods: What Can We learn from the Past in Designing the Future?

Moderator: Alan Murray - Deputy Managing Editor and Executive Editor, Wall Street Journal

Panelists:

Paul Davidson - Co-Founder, Journal of Post Keynesian Economics

Barry Eichengreen - Professor of Economics and Political Science , University of California Berkeley

Robert Skidelsky - Emeritus Professor of Political Economy, The University of Warwick

Leanne Ussher - Assistant Professor of Economics, The City University of New York

Title: Getting Back on Track: Macroeconomic Management After a Financial Crisis

Moderator: Paul Jenkins - Distinguished Fellow , Centre for International Governance Innovation

Panelists:

Duncan Foley - New School for Social Research

Richard Koo - Chief Economist, Nomura Research Institute

Jeffrey Sachs - Professor, Director of the Earth Institute, Columbia University

Mario Seccareccia- Professor of Economics, University of Ottawa

Alan Taylor - Professor of Economics, University of California and Morgan Stanley

Discussants:

Carmen Reinhart - Dennis Weatherstone Senior Fellow, Peterson Institute for International Economics

John Smithin - Professor of Economics, York University

Introduction of Keynote Speaker and Moderator: Robert Skidelsky - Emeritus Professor of Political Economy, The University of Warwick

Keynote Speaker: Gordon Brown - Former British Prime Minister, United Kingdom

Sovereignty and Institutional Design in the Global Age: The Global Market and the Nation States

Moderator: John Cassidy - The New Yorker

Panelists:

Ian Goldin - Director of the James Martin 21st Century School - Oxford University

Andy Haldane - Executive Director, Financial Stability, Bank of England

Marleen Janssen Groesbeek - Policy Officer Sustainability, and Corporate Social Responsibility, Eumedion

Dalia Marin - Professor of International Economics, University of Munich

Discussants:

Jomo Kwame Sundaram - Assistant Secretary-General for Economic Development, United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA)

Barry Lynn - Director, Markets, Enterprise, and Resiliency Initiative, New America Foundation

Can Sovereignty and Effective International Supervision be Reconciled? The Challenge of Large Complex Financial Institutions

Moderator: Henry Kaufman - President, Henry Kaufman and Company

Panelists:

Erik Berglöf - Chief Economist and Special Adviser, European Bank for Reconstruction & Development

Claudio Borio - Deputy Head of Monetary and Economic Department, Bank for International Settlements

Garry Schinasi - Visiting Fellow, Bruegel, Brussels

Andrew Sheng - Chief Adviser, China Banking Regulatory Commission

Discussants:

Anat Admati - Professor of Finance and Economics, Stanford University

Simon Johnson - Professor of Entrepreneurship, Global Economics and Management, Sloan School of Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Report of the Economics Curriculum Committee Task Force

Moderators:

Perry Mehrling - Professor, Barnard College, Columbia University

Robert Skidelsky - Emeritus Professor of Political Economy, Warwick University

Members of the Task Force

Richard Bronk, London School of Economics John Kay, Financial Times

Ha-Joon Chang, University of Cambridge Felix Martin, Thames River Capital

Barbara Craig, Oberlin College Daniel Neilson, Bard College, Simon's Rock

Brad DeLong, University of California Steve Ziliak, Roosevelt University

Kevin Hoover, Duke University Christian WesterLind Wigstrom, Merton College

Joyce Jacobsen, Wesleyan University

Introduction of Keynote Speaker: Robert A. Johnson

Keynote Speaker: Adair Turner – Chairman, Financial Services Authority

Exploring Complexity in Economic Theory

Moderator: Eric Beinhocker - Senior Fellow, McKinsey and Company

Panelists:

Brian Arthur - External Professor, Santa Fe Institute

Ian Goldin - Director of James Martin 21st Century School, Oxford University

Tad Homer Dixon - Professor in the Centre for Environment and Business in the Faculty of Environment, Univesrity of Waterloo

Student Breakfast with Robert Johnson (Sun Dining Room)

(Invited Students Only)

The Political Economy of Structural Adjustment: Understanding the Obstacles to Cooperation

Moderator: Richard McGregor - Deputy News Editor, Financial Times

Panelists:

Marcello DeCecco - Professor of Monetary and Financial History, Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa

Tom Ferguson - Professor of Political Science, University of Massachusetts

Louis Kuijs - Senior Economist, World Bank (Beijing)*

Victor Shih - Assistant Professor of Political Science, Northwestern University

Discussants:

Orville Schell - Director, Center on U.S.-China Relations, Asia Society,

Martin Wolf - Chief Economics Commentator, Financial Times*

The Market or the State? Can market Forces Deliver Innovation, Education, and Infrastructure?

Moderator: Roman Frydman – Professor of Economics, New York University

Panelists:

Phillipe Aghion - Professor Economics, Harvard University

William Janeway - Warburg Pincus

William Lazonick – Professor, Regional Economic and Social Development, University of Massachusetts

Discussants:

Ha-Joon Chang - Reader, Political Economy of Development, University of Cambridge

Deepak Lal - Emeritus Professor of Economics, University of California, Los Angeles

Peter Jungen - Peter Jungen Holding GmbH

Sustainable Economics With Introductory Remarks From Jim Balsillie

Moderator: Tom Bernes - Executive Director, CIGI

Panelists:

Alex Evans – Head of Program, Resource Scarcity, Climate Change and Multilateralism, New York University

William Rees – Professor, Community and Regional Planning, University of British Columbia

Pavan Sukhdev - Project Head, UNEP Green Economics Initiative

Camilla Toulmin – Director, International Institute for Environment and Development

Optimal Currency Areas and Governance: The Challenge of Europe

Moderator: Andre Sapir - Professor of Economics, Université Libre de Bruxelles

Panelists:

Carl-Ludwig Holtfrerich - Professor of Economics and Economic History, Freie Universitat Berlin

Kevin O'Rourke - Professor of Economics, Trinity College (Dublin)

Jean Pisani-Ferry - Director, Bruegel, Brussels

Niels Thygesen - Emeritus Professor of International Economics, University of Copenhagen

Discussants:

Wendy Carlin - Professor of Economics, University College London

Jeffrey Frankel - Professor of Capital Formation and Growth, Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University

Joseph Halevi - Professor of Political Economy, University of Sydney

Wolfgang Munchau - Eurointelligence ASBL

The Architecture of Asia: Financial Structure and An Emerging Economic System

Moderator: Paul Blustein - Nonresident Fellow, Global Economy and Development, The Brookings Institution

Panelists:

Charles Dallara - Directory, Institute of International Finance

Yasheng Huang - Professor of Political Economy, MIT Sloan School of Management

Y.V. Reddy - Former Governor, The Reserve Bank of India, currently University of Hyderabad

Joseph Stiglitz - University Professor, Columbia University, Nobel Laureate

Discussants:

Brad Delong - Professor of Economics, University of California

Yu Yongding - Director, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences

Panel Discussion: Rising to the Challenge: Equity, Adjustment and Balance in the World Economy

Moderator: Chrystia Freeland - Global Editor at Large, Thomson Reuters

Panelists:

George Akerlof - Koshland Professor of Economics, University of California, Berkeley

Niall Ferguson - Professor of History, Harvard University

Andres Velasco - Former Finance Minister of Chile

Zhu Min - Special Advisor, International Monetary Fund

Moderator: Gillian Tett, US Managing Editor, Financial Times

Conversation Paul Volcker - Former Chairman, Federal Reserve and George Soros (Chairman - Soros Fund Management and Open Society Foundations)

Closing Remarks

Robert A. Johnson - Executive Director, Institute for New Economic Thinking

October 29, 2008

Can We Save The World Economy: A Panel

Last week Columbia University hosted a panel called Can We Save the World Economy with panel members George Soros, Nouriel Roubini and Jeffrey Sachs, hosted by John Roberts of CNN. The session was incredibly interesting and well worth the time to watch in full (1 hour 45 minutes) if one has the time. "Warm and fuzzy"

world renown economists, professors, journalists, George Soros-his network of contacts are all over the world, in our colleges and head right up to Pennsylvania Ave..

• Upvote 1

This article about Soros is so slanted and untrue. It was obviously written by someone in a conservative think tank. Soros is not the devil and has spent his money in good faith on good, honest organizations.

Media Matters....what a great group. And for anyone that doesn't know this, David Brock, the founder of Media Matters, was once a Republican operative. He was the guy that thought up the "Trooper Gate" scandal against Clinton, among others. He accounts all of his low-down activities in a book he wrote (name slips me at the moment), but you can Google it. Brock became so sickened by what he had done as a Republican operative, he cleaned himself up, looked for forgiveness, and started Media Matters.

As for Fox News, Rupert Murdock and Roger Ailes are the lowest of low. They are liars and the scum of the earth. Of course, you Fox watchers don't see it. You probably think Obama was born in a foreign country. Pathetic.

Bash away.

I think I'll quit my job tomorrow. I am perfectly capable of working but I really don't like it. I plan to father children for a living and collect money from the mothers each month. I am sure you would also like to send me part of your check each month. I will enjoy free medical from the hospital emergency room along with free food and rent. I will raise my children and grandchildren to ban together in a house and accept welfare, food stamps and free section 8 rent. I really appreciate those of you that are so generous with your own monies that allow me this kind of workfree life. Please plan on a 2 to 3 percent increase in your payroll deductions for the remainder of your working lives so that I can continue my lifestyle. I thank you, my children thank you and my childrens children thank you. We will soon all live happily work free and together in the same free home. If you see me in my Caddy, honk so I can throw you a wave of thanks.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1