Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Find document elsewhere on forum

jxhal

Quote from earthman at PD.

Good statement to the above letter.

OK, so if this is true, Iraq must have abandoned their 5 year plan to rebuild the public sector and also decided against exploring the other 58% of their country for oil, huh? Oh and by the way, the General Electric's of the world and other contractors as well must have signed contracts out of the goodness of their hearts, because according to this article their not being paid. Well that's great, I bet the citizens of Iraq are gonna very pleased to know they get to boil their water, limit their electrical usage and be unemployed for the next few years. CO'MON FOLK'S.... Let's think logically her

YES I TOTALLY AGREE. WE NEED TO LISTEN TO THE VOICE OF COMMON SENSE AND REASONING.

Taken from page 17 - does not look all that great, unless its another smokescreen from them?

3. For purposes of monitoring under the program, a program exchange rate will be

used. This program exchange rate will be set at ID 1,170 per U.S. dollar. The program

exchange rate will be used to convert into Iraqi dinars the U.S. dollar value of all CBI foreign

assets and liabilities denominated in U.S. dollars, as required. For CBI assets and liabilities

denominated in SDRs and in foreign currencies other than the U.S. dollar, they will be

converted in U.S. dollars at their respective SDR-exchange rates prevailing as of

December 31, 2010, as published on the IMF’s website.

4. For the purpose of this program, the international or world oil price is understood to

be the Average Petroleum Spot Price (APSP) used in the IMF’s World Economic Outlook

Quote from earthman at PD.

Good statement to the above letter.

OK, so if this is true, Iraq must have abandoned their 5 year plan to rebuild the public sector and also decided against exploring the other 58% of their country for oil, huh? Oh and by the way, the General Electric's of the world and other contractors as well must have signed contracts out of the goodness of their hearts, because according to this article their not being paid. Well that's great, I bet the citizens of Iraq are gonna very pleased to know they get to boil their water, limit their electrical usage and be unemployed for the next few years. CO'MON FOLK'S.... Let's think logically here.

But let's remember- they have kept their people in these conditions for years now, which keeps them under their thumb, they could certainly continue to do so. Just because WE want them to RV doesn't mean that they will. The leaders don't give a rat's hind to what may happen to the Iraqi people, so long as they get their oil revenues and the people stay subdued. And they will! They couldn't even pull off a successful demonstration, that's how tight their government holds them. They hate their conditions, but they live in fear of their government. If they really cared then they would have already had the RV or RI. What do you think is holding them back? A complete GOI? Ha! They have enough leaders to do an RV/RI. They have their budget, they have enough laws, they have everything that is needed. This was simply a get-rich quick scheme people. That's all. I hope I am wrong, but it looks bad for us right now. We just want to believe so badly that it's true and we will all be rich soon, but we won't. They have no reason to rv. They simply don't care enough.

Edited by Jrod007
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I look at this a couple different way.

1. Why release a lower denomination if the rate will remain the same. That just means it takes more currency to exchange.

2. Saying this is a long way off I would disagree with. If the currency becomes tradable that means more people are going to invest in it and could not foresee a RV happening once that comes about.

So either the RV occurs before the currency becomes freely traded and before they become part of WTO, if accepted, or I would presume a RV is not going to happen.

Again this is just my take so am not basing this on fact

Also, just because IMF release a document does not mean it will be fully followed. Look at their price of oil in the doc, that is not even correct. Things with Iraq change daily, so I would not expect documents to hold much truth.

Edited by KramerDinar

I'm not going to ban anyone, but I am going to close this thread - the document appears other places on the forum without the topic - besides this is NOT a news article it is an IMF document I believe that has just been released to public view.

Folks, get a grip....... SELL IF YOU WANT TO!! But stop the panic moves please!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I think this last paragraph of the aforementioned doc leaves the GOI open to make any changes they see fit for their country....IMF just requires reporting. JMO. Chillax

C. Other Information

23. Other details on major economic and social measures taken by the government that are

expected to have an impact on program sequencing (such as changes in legislation,

regulations, or any other pertinent document) will be sent in a timely manner to IMF staff,

for consultation or information.

• Upvote 1

Read item number 15. To paraphrase, based on current inflation rates, the Iraqi dinar does not appear to be either under or overvalued at this time.

Yup, saw that. Dosn't worry me. Maybe not tomorrow, but it can change with the tides. Ya havn't lost money. Failure is when you cannot get your money. Just sit tight and don't panic

• Upvote 2

I'm not going to ban anyone, but I am going to close this thread - the document appears other places on the forum without the topic - besides this is NOT a news article it is an IMF document I believe that has just been released to public view.

Folks, get a grip....... SELL IF YOU WANT TO!! But stop the panic moves please!!

You shouldn't be allowed to ban anyone. You are ridiculous. Let us talk about what we want and you can go cry in your corner cause someone said something you didn't like. Go look at the other threads with hundreds of comments with posts everyone know are crap. But why don't you? Cause it points in your favor. Go get a real job.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 15

You shouldn't be allowed to ban anyone. You are ridiculous. Let us talk about what we want and you can go cry in your corner cause someone said something you didn't like. Go look at the other threads with hundreds of comments with posts everyone know are crap. But why don't you? Cause it points in your favor. Go get a real job.

Hey back off! Out of line!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

You have received a warning and put on mod review for disrespecting a moderator (PVS) in this thread!

The next time you feel the need to show this same attitude toward PVS or any other Mod or member here on DV

YOU WILL BE BANNED!!

• Upvote 3