Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Grant of three million Iraqi dinars for Christians

puff26

Grant of three million Iraqi dinars for Christians who were displaced from the countryPosted: March 27, 2011 by THE CURRENCY NEWSHOUND - Just Hopin in Iraqi Dinar/Politics

Tags: Baghdad, Central bank, Central Bank of Iraq, Dinar, family, Iraq, Iraqi dinar, middle east, Private bank Grant of three million Iraqi dinars for each family displaced from a Christian country

Minister of Displacement and Migration Dindar Dosky, that the ministry has drawn up plans to re-Christians who migrated from areas of Iraq to the outside.

The Minister added that the amount given to the Christian families due to the country has doubled to three million Iraqi dinars for each family. Indicating that they would open a special file for the families that wish to refer to the country.

http://bit.ly/g03jdm

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm not typically a conspiracy theorist, but may this be a ploy to mark which Iraqi is Christian and which is Muslim? In Islamic teaching, if you're not Muslim they're supposed to convert or kill you. (It's in the Qur'an, not verbatim, of course, so please don't accuse me of blowing smoke or being unlearned because I study almost incessantly and I attend a local university where Islamic studies is on my menu of study choice.) I'm simply saying that if they do invite Christian Iraqi's back in through a three million dinar enticement, could it mean extinction for them in a few years from now when the eyes are off Iraq and things have died down? Just a couple of questions that popped into my head when I read the article. Kind of gave me a gut reaction of....HUH? Muslim? Christian? In Iraq?

Christians (Iraqi or other) in the Middle Eastern countries don't tend to fair well. (And I'm not saying no one survives. I'm not an extremist.) It's just that I know a couple, personally, that live in secrecy in a Middle Eastern country. And if anyone there ever told that they were Christians, they'd be dead.

Anyway, this is what comes to mind.

• Upvote 3

you are not very far off aferris----identifing your oppossion is important to further your agenda

But I would not worry to much about the ones who left , they see the handwriting on the wall and won't return --from what I have read from the iraqi news mostly posted here, they can still apply for thier visa card get the dinars and not return to Iraq--that is not a condition

Maybe more of our members here can expand on this--I am terrible with links and such but I do remember what I read ---better not to go to multiple sites so you can remember that YOU READ IT HERE

You are concerned about more than the RI/Rv , all should learn it is not only about the pocket, there are real people involved here

good for you!

Capt. Cliff

• Upvote 1

Grant of three million Iraqi dinars for Christians who were displaced from the countryPosted: March 27, 2011 by THE CURRENCY NEWSHOUND - Just Hopin in Iraqi Dinar/Politics

Tags: Baghdad, Central bank, Central Bank of Iraq, Dinar, family, Iraq, Iraqi dinar, middle east, Private bank Grant of three million Iraqi dinars for each family displaced from a Christian country

Minister of Displacement and Migration Dindar Dosky, that the ministry has drawn up plans to re-Christians who migrated from areas of Iraq to the outside.

The Minister added that the amount given to the Christian families due to the country has doubled to three million Iraqi dinars for each family. Indicating that they would open a special file for the families that wish to refer to the country.

http://bit.ly/g03jdm

Would they be offering them $3 milion dinars or 3 million usd,if Christians were displaced that means they possibly have ways to convert dinars into USD.. Would the Iraqi Gov. Do that?

Three Million Dinar ... if that is pre RV, I can see it. Though it is not much for us in value, what it can buy and so on, it is a lot for them.

However, if they are willing to give each Christian family that much, it certainly does not bode well for an RV any time soon. Give them three million dinar that will be worth perhaps that much in dollars, even if it RVs 1:1 ... I don't think so.

smee2

• Upvote 1

I'm not typically a conspiracy theorist, but may this be a ploy to mark which Iraqi is Christian and which is Muslim? In Islamic teaching, if you're not Muslim they're supposed to convert or kill you.

There are 114 (Ayats) chapters in the Qu'ran. In my many years of reading the Qu'ran, I have never read where Allah orders the Muslim to force Christians to convert to Islam or be killed. Your statement misrepresents and does injustice to the Qu'ran.

To the contrary, the Qu'ran does say Quote: There is no compulsion in religion.

It seems to be alot of Islamaphobia going around town.

Iraq is not Iran. There was always a certain amount of religious freedom in Iraq under Saddam. In fact his right hand man Tariq Aziz is a Christian. And Christian churches were allowed so long as they posed no threat to Saddam's authority.

• Upvote 1

I'm not typically a conspiracy theorist, but may this be a ploy to mark which Iraqi is Christian and which is Muslim? In Islamic teaching, if you're not Muslim they're supposed to convert or kill you. (It's in the Qur'an, not verbatim, of course, so please don't accuse me of blowing smoke or being unlearned because I study almost incessantly and I attend a local university where Islamic studies is on my menu of study choice.) I'm simply saying that if they do invite Christian Iraqi's back in through a three million dinar enticement, could it mean extinction for them in a few years from now when the eyes are off Iraq and things have died down? Just a couple of questions that popped into my head when I read the article. Kind of gave me a gut reaction of....HUH? Muslim? Christian? In Iraq?

Christians (Iraqi or other) in the Middle Eastern countries don't tend to fair well. (And I'm not saying no one survives. I'm not an extremist.) It's just that I know a couple, personally, that live in secrecy in a Middle Eastern country. And if anyone there ever told that they were Christians, they'd be dead.

Very well said! They may actually be registering to their own peril upon the US withdrawal. I guess they have kinda given their pertinent information in collecting their 3 million Dinars. I hope it does not go down this way but I tend to agree, it was a foolish move on the part of the Christians. JMO. Peace.

Iraq is not Iran. There was always a certain amount of religious freedom in Iraq under Saddam. In fact his right hand man Tariq Aziz is a Christian. And Christian churches were allowed so long as they posed no threat to Saddam's authority.

Agreed Mr. Rich, but they do not treat Christians well, if you believe otherwise look at the checkered past of churches being burned and Christians being executed. Iraq may say you have religious freedoms but convincing the average citizen leaves allot to be desired sadly. JMO. Peace.

• Upvote 2

However, if they are willing to give each Christian family that much, it certainly does not bode well for an RV any time soon. Give them three million dinar that will be worth perhaps that much in dollars, even if it RVs 1:1 ... I don't think so.

smee2

Yea Smee,

It looks like what was around the corner might be over the next hill. She'll be coming around the mountain when she comes.

I am not sitting and waiting in the pumpkin patch but I know the GREAT PUMPKIN is coming.... Come on RV.

It could just be that Iraqi's are trying to be different. Just look at the rioting in the rest of the Gulf, then look at Iraq's demonstrations. A lot calmer and, despite their hardships, practically no violence. Says a lot for those people and I wouldn't be so quick to cast doubt on them. Maybe they are evolving. JMHO.

Edited by tommyboy

It could just be that Iraqi's are trying to be different. Just look at the rioting in the rest of the Gulf, then look at Iraq's demonstrations. A lot calmer and, despite their hardships, practically no violence. Says a lot for those people and I wouldn't be so quick to cast doubt on them. Maybe they are evolving. JMHO.

I love your positive attitude and your ideas of change for the better. I love looking at the world through rose-colored glasses and I hope you are right and I am wrong. However, does a leopard or cheetah lose their spots? Or can they change them? We are talking about people who are taught and trained from birth through their religious beliefs and teaching of the Qur'an. According to the teaching of the Qur'an, Americans or anyone that is not living within the grip of the Muslim faith is an infidel. We are to be given an opportunity to convert (sometimes) and if not, killed. It's very simple. Forgive me if I seem pessimistic or even prejudice (which I am very much set on helping and caring about the Iraqis), but from the way they treat one another and especially their women and those around them, I have a hard time believing that they're that enthusiastic about change. Especially when it's easier to cling to that which they know then that which they don't. It's engrained in the vast majority of them. As I stated before, I hope I'm completely wrong, but from everything I read and seen and studied it's highly unlikely.

Three Million Dinar ... if that is pre RV, I can see it. Though it is not much for us in value, what it can buy and so on, it is a lot for them.

smee2

Any figure you see thrown out will be adjusted after a currency adjustment. Don't assume every articles that has a high dinar figure means NO RV. I'm sorry but, your glass is always half empty. Or completely empty it would appear.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This post is for Hashim1968.....

Does your studies of the Qur'an also teach Islamic jihad? Are we unbelievers not classified as Infidels? Is the Muslim not supposed to be rid of the Infidels even if it means killing? Let's be perfectly honest, sir, Islam rejoices when we "Infidels" are killed. Does it not teach that martyrs of the Muslim faith are given 72 virgins in their version of Heaven? I'm sorry, sir, though the Qur'an says many good things throughout its Ayats, it also says many bad things as well. (And not that the Bible and the Torah do not have their good and bad.) But if we're going to go for honesty, lets be truly honest. Out of the many religions of the world, in this current time, we "infidels" are under attack as a result of the teaching of the Qur'an by those who are fanatics and devout. I haven't forgotten how almost 3,000 of my people were killed unnecessarily on September 11th. The thought and pain is never far from my heart. Yet I am supposed to believe that the Islamic faith is peaceful? Maybe some are, but after what I've seen and from what I've studied, I find it very hard to believe.

So as far as I am concerned, and for my part, it is not about Islamaphobia. It's about taking a look around, studying for myself, and coming to the reality of what is around me with eyes wide open.

• Upvote 1

Mr. Rich,

You are correct in saying Christians were allowed the freedom to attend church and worship as we pleased under Saddams regime. That was the one good thing which we still do not understand about him.

Interestingly enough, he trusted the Christians with his life. Kamal Hanna was also a Chaldean Christian and was Saddam's body guard and food tester! Saddam' s son, Uday had him murdered.

However, we were and still are very much persecuted in Iraq and other parts of the Middle-East. That being said, I want everyone on this site to know that Muslims are not the enemy. Radical Islam is. Most Muslims are precious, God fearing people who want what the rest of us all want-peace, stability, and the ability to provide for their families. They are not very much different than the rest of us. Please do not think the country of Iraq consists of nothing more than horrible, murderers and terrorists that hate the West and Christians. We used to all live together, work together and attend school together peacefully until the U.S. invasion. There truly is a very small radical minority who are radical terrorists. We really believe these radical terrorists came from Iran and Syria because we never had such extreme groups.

I can say one thing about my family and friends and the rest of the Iraqi Christian Community. It is going to take a lot more than 3 million IQD to get the Christians to come back. No money in Iraq can convince us that it is safe for the Christians to return to our rightful land.

Recently, St. George's Church was bombed and so was Mar Najat in Karada.

But, as I have said before, don't allow fear and hatred to fill your hearts against the Muslim people. I personally have many, many, Muslim friends and I love them dearly. Do not allow a small minority of terrorists who have taken parts of the Quran and turned it into a book of hatred to stop you from befriending them.

Love always wins!

Edited by Iraqi Queen
  • Upvote 2