Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Boot on the ground in Iraq. 27 March 2011

madmanak47

I'm thinking this was off the usual radar - something rare in occurrence - not an everyday experience ... geez some people are just plain rude .... if you don't have something nice to say sit on your damn hands. PLEASE!

Thanks madmanak47 for sharing!!

Truth be told if you are on a base with Iraqis they eat at our chow hall all the time there is nothing to get from this. Sorry but htey eat luch to.

• Upvote 1

I have eaten in chow halls in Iraq with high ranking Iraqi Military. It is becoming more common. Thanks for the post. I can tell you what they ate, they ate chicken like every other day.

I have to agree with PVS on this one. There are a lot of rude people in here nowadays. I understand you have a "right" to speak your mind and voice your opinion. But common sense plays apart of everything we do. This site is becoming so negative that we drive a lot of people away who may have something good to post, but wont take the chance on you bashers. I think that Riley said it best, if it wasnt you Riley I apologize, type out what you have to say, reread what you typed and then hit delete if it is not constructive. All the negativity is getting old.

I agree with this being common now, I have eaten in the same chow halls with Iraqi officials. Even school children occasionally make visits for PR reasons.I dont really feel comfortable with the Iraqi officials in the same chow halls though. I was in Iraq when the female walked into the Mosul chow hall and detonated herself. ;)

The post was not about Iraqis eating people. Although he states its uncommon, what was unusual was his trustworthy (to him) source was not at his usual place at his usual time. Like he said, it could mean nothing, but he felt it was odd enough to post it.

Thanks Madman.

• Upvote 1

Im very new to this forum. But im getting it. I`m watching and reading. Dont say the lop word, dont talk about iraqs eating lunch and for goodness sakes whatever you do dont play the god card.

I gotcha no problem, Im learning. I can hang . Its cool

Go RV !!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

The post was not about Iraqis eating people. Although he states its uncommon, what was unusual was his trustworthy (to him) source was not at his usual place at his usual time. Like he said, it could mean nothing, but he felt it was odd enough to post it.

Thanks Madman.

Nothing unusual about this. Maybe the Iraqi did not want to eat in the chow hall that day. I know I get tired of eating the same old crap everyday. It is no reason to get upset and throw a tantrum over other people's comments. I hope he does't conduct his work in Iraq the same way or we may lose the war still. He or any one else should not give a rat's as@ the opinions of others unless he has an inferior complex problem.

Im very new to this forum. But im getting it. I`m watching and reading. Dont say the lop word, dont talk about iraqs eating lunch and for goodness sakes whatever you do dont play the god card.

I gotcha no problem, Im learning. I can hang . Its cool

Go RV !!!!!!!!!!!

Your a quick learner buddy. Shows intelligence, welcome to the ride! :lol:

• Upvote 1

I'm thinking this was off the usual radar - something rare in occurrence - not an everyday experience ... geez some people are just plain rude .... if you don't have something nice to say sit on your damn hands. PLEASE!

Thanks madmanak47 for sharing!!

I think that we should start a "Time Out" for bashers and force them to NDC for a reading or two then let them back in...

• Upvote 3

Some people here must have such a miserable life....they have nothing constructive to say but bash anything said.

The man is there,says it may be nothing,but is unusual for him to see.

I'm more interested in reading his post than one from someone that has nothing to say at all

except to make obnoxious responses ....

Is it really that hard to sit on your hands as suggested?

The sad thing is the people that are miserable now will be just as miserable after the RV because money doesn't make you a better person. Many times makes that miserable life worse.

Good Evening Everyone.

This is probably nothing but I felt it should be noted. As most of you know I spend a lot of time traveling around Iraq doing my job. I am in travel mode as I write this, I was sitting in a DFAC today with some friends, and SH@T POT load of high-ranking Iraq Military officials came in and sat down for lunch.

As always, I never tell you where I am at, or what I am doing. It is probably nothing just sharing Intel with one another, But who knows. Unfortunately, the only person I know that would tell me the truth was suspiciously not in the chow hall at his usual time or location.

Sorry but that’s all I can tell you for now if I learn anything else I’ll let you all know.

Madman Out

Madman,..Thank you for your post.. It does not matter if it is relevant or not!, the whole point is that you took time out to think of us back here enough to make the post!, as one veteran to another I sincerely appreciate your efforts there and on this forum. I also ask , Please do not let reckless replies run you off this Forum, I am sure that others do not wish you to leave also, How About It Folks?

Good Things To All!

Good Evening Everyone.

This is probably nothing but I felt it should be noted. As most of you know I spend a lot of time traveling around Iraq doing my job. I am in travel mode as I write this, I was sitting in a DFAC today with some friends, and SH@T POT load of high-ranking Iraq Military officials came in and sat down for lunch.

As always, I never tell you where I am at, or what I am doing. It is probably nothing just sharing Intel with one another, But who knows. Unfortunately, the only person I know that would tell me the truth was suspiciously not in the chow hall at his usual time or location.

Sorry but that’s all I can tell you for now if I learn anything else I’ll let you all know.

Madman Out

Please never tell us where you are or what you are doing because , my take on the high intel---------

I was sitting in sh@t pot mode a traveled load when in walked a man ,suspiciously from the hall . the hall of chow ball halls .. madman when you get back i will take my beating after a beer thanks for your service be safe . they will start to show you the wto acceptance on the 7th of April , they voted on the 25th of march and Iraq was told the outcome then and its up to them to do what ever they want 4/7 is just formality ceremonial. I look for the RV to quietly roll out on 4/1 with the fan fair after the fact.