Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Life without God

Teresa82

Well at least the first half of your video was good. Check these vids out but take caution, common sense and logic will be required upon viewing.

You know you just want to believe capike, just like everyone ...........go ahead and test Him and see that He doesn't poor out tremendous blessing on you.So much so that you cannot even contain it all. :)

• Upvote 1

Your right , who doesn't want to believe in hell fire, rape, torture, murder, judgement, pain, incest, slavery, damnation, and all those other appealing things of the first testament. Oh yeah and heaven. Countless mothers have "tested" "him" only to see their children die of malnutrition. How come is it that countries with the highest rates of prayer ("tests") have the highest rates of infant mortality? Boy he sure does poor out those blessings. How is it not obvious that there is not some "man" in the clouds blessing certain people like The the completely "sinful" wall street bankers, and letting innocent children in simple humble prayer- rich holy countries die painful horrendous deaths. Not trying to bash, but just trying to gain perspective on how that computes to you?

It's not God's fault that we chose to do the opposite of what God created us to do. Just like when your momma told you not to sit on the arm of the chair, because that was not it's purpose-It would break

We(our world) is broken, because God cannot be a liar, and if you hold him to saving all the people who are dying from generational curses because of sin committed, because of doing what God asked them not to do , and gave them consequences for doing ..........so if you hold him to saving us here on this earth after he gave us all of the rules, and He DOES save us from ourselves........then you have made God out to be a liar....What kind of God can be a liar? It was our fault not His, and the fault of folks like you and me that gave God a reason to send His son, because we refuse to just do the things that He told us we must do. :( That's why you must believe, and you really want to, you just keep running because your logic tells you that it isn't right, like I said test Him and prove to me that He is not real. :)

Edited by Teresa82
  • Upvote 3

It's not God's fault that we chose to do the opposite of what God created us to do. Just like when your momma told you not to sit on the arm of the chair, because that was not it's purpose-It would break

We(our world) is broken, because God cannot be a liar, and if you hold him to saving all the people who are dying from generational curses because of sin committed, because of doing what God asked them not to do , and gave them consequences for doing ..........so if you hold him to saving us here on this earth after he gave us all of the rules, and He DOES save us from ourselves........then you have made God out to be a liar....What kind of God can be a liar? It was our fault not His, and the fault of folks like you and me that gave God a reason to send His son, because we refuse to just do the things that He told us we must do. :( That's why you must believe, and you really want to, you just keep running because your logic tells you that it isn't right, like I said test Him and prove to me that He is not real. :)

Great.....You are a fresh breath of air Missy!

Not trying to bash, but just trying to gain perspective on how that computes to you?

When I read the Bible, I am always amazed at how God takes something that is worthless, the worst of the worst, the least of all, etc, and uses it to accomplish His purpose. The violence you refer to in the Bible, most times, is God setting things straight. There were people that worshipped other gods and sacrificed their children to those gods.

The Apostle Paul, originally known as "Saul," once persecuted Christians but Jesus revealed himself to Saul and used Saul, who he renamed Paul to preach his message. Paul wrote most of the New Testament.

We may not know the reason why God does all the things he does in the Bible, but the end result of everything in the Bible is the salvation of sinful man, through His Son, Jesus Christ, who became our sin sacrifice for All Time.

Honestly, if the Bible was nothing but good things, and people doing good deeds, would you believe it??? Its the Bible raw, showing man in his lowest of low and highest of high that makes it believable. Really, think about it, the Apostles for instance, you couldn't pick a more unlikely bunch, Tax Collectors, Fisherman (think "Deadliest Catch"), etc., to be Saints.

....like I said test Him and prove to me that He is not real.

End Quote

Please prove to me he is real.

You want to know if God is real? Your heart has to be right. If you honestly want to know if he's real, with an honest heart sit down with the Bible and start reading Mark, John, Luke or Matthew in the New Testament. Before you start reading, say "God if you are real, reveal yourself to me in this Book and I will give you my life forever." That's how you'll find out if he's real or not.wink.gif

-

• Upvote 2

Guys, the question about bad things happening to good people is probably the easiest question for me to answer when deciding if I believe in creation. If the creator were to intervene constantly and keep kids from being killed and stop the greedy wall street guys and feed the poor and force life to exist in a peaceful and fair manner, our free will to make our own decisions is gone (those the affect our own lives and those decisions that affect other peoples lives). Add to the fact that in order for bad things to be disallowed in humanity, the creator would inevitably have to make himself known (obviously something's going on if I pull a knife on okie and it disappears). You are now faced with a secondary hit on our free will... not many choices for us to make if we know for sure there is a God and an afterlife if we obey and serve him. If you really want to think critically, imagine life without free will. Having problems? you should be because life cannot exist without it. Free will is also the ability to think for ourselves and learn from our mistakes. We grow physically and mentally from the choices we make. We have the free will to play with wild tigers if we want, but we know its probably not a good idea. Survival of the fittest was most definately a neccessity in the creators blueprints. JIMO....

PS... I am no religious zealot btw. I love science and tech, havent been to church in 20 years and am very conflicted when it comes to prophets and sons of god. But from my own common sense, and the absolute flaws in the atheistic view on the origin of life, I feel pretty strongly we were created... Might be by aliens though!!!

Guys, the question about bad things happening to good people is probably the easiest question for me to answer when deciding if I believe in creation. If the creator were to intervene constantly and keep kids from being killed and stop the greedy wall street guys and feed the poor and force life to exist in a peaceful and fair manner, our free will to make our own decisions is gone (those the affect our own lives and those decisions that affect other peoples lives). Add to the fact that in order for bad things to be disallowed in humanity, the creator would inevitably have to make himself known (obviously something's going on if I pull a knife on okie and it disappears). You are now faced with a secondary hit on our free will... not many choices for us to make if we know for sure there is a God and an afterlife if we obey and serve him. If you really want to think critically, imagine life without free will. Having problems? you should be because life cannot exist without it. Free will is also the ability to think for ourselves and learn from our mistakes. We grow physically and mentally from the choices we make. We have the free will to play with wild tigers if we want, but we know its probably not a good idea. Survival of the fittest was most definately a neccessity in the creators blueprints. JIMO....

PS... I am no religious zealot btw. I love science and tech, havent been to church in 20 years and am very conflicted when it comes to prophets and sons of god. But from my own common sense, and the absolute flaws in the atheistic view on the origin of life, I feel pretty strongly we were created... Might be by aliens though!!!

I just thought of a simpler way to put this... Our existence does not work with the creators intervention... Peace!!!

• Upvote 1

I base my views off of observations from science, facts, evidence and the natural world.

Thousands of Christians killed and martyr'd for their faith by Nero. The apostle's killed in various ways because of their faith? Evidence of the Red Sea Crossing, historical evidence of King David and King Solomon. Spontanenous healings, releases from drug addicition and alcohol. People's lives changing all in the name of Jesus Christ??? What would it take for you to believe short of Jesus (God) coming down and saying, hey buddy, you're wrong???

• Upvote 2

It is not possible to live life without God. Each of us breathes the air that He provided for us. We see out of amazing eyes, hear with amazing vibrations in our ears, feel touch with nerve endings that send messages to our brains, and can sing different pitches without even thinking about how we are doing it! Our bodies have been created to react to stress, perspire to cool us off, goose bumps to warm us up, develop new pathways in the brain when necessary, etc. The more I study science, the more I realize how our solar system, atmosphere, sun, planet, gravity, bodies, and even individual cells, are beautifully orchestrated.

Even if a person denies the existence of God, they are dependent on Him for life!

• Upvote 1

I did Teresa, so many years ago a lifetime it seems now but the memories are as fresh as a video in my DVD player. I was 18, holding my best friend in my arms as he bleed out from wounds sustained in action. I Pleaded, I begged, I Promised and I offered my soul.........silence. My friend Eric was 19 and died moments later in my arms while our corpsman worked feverishly to save his life. This same pattern followed and soon I became dead and numb to the losses. In fact I tended to stay away from the wounded as I said it was not my problem. I'm sure it was me and something I did or said, since then I have not had the ability to give and sustain love for anyone, tears became a thing of a child's mind. Now some 26yrs later I have had a life with an indescribable emptiness, so much anger and yes I always have the words for the situation as it applies but to say that I feel them or have real conscionable meaning behind them would be to lie. I have already said to much here to a bunch of complete strangers whom I do not expect to even remotely understand what I'm describing, I guess I thought that better explanation was needed of myself. Dunno. I had hoped with the RV to begin anew, to try something all new. As a musician ounce wrote I was going to "Dare to Live" This song seemed to affect me and my thoughts. Peace.

• Upvote 1

I did Teresa, so many years ago a lifetime it seems now but the memories are as fresh as a video in my DVD player. I was 18, holding my best friend in my arms as he bleed out from wounds sustained in action. I Pleaded, I begged, I Promised and I offered my soul.........silence. My friend Eric was 19 and died moments later in my arms while our corpsman worked feverishly to save his life. This same pattern followed and soon I became dead and numb to the losses. In fact I tended to stay away from the wounded as I said it was not my problem. I'm sure it was me and something I did or said, since then I have not had the ability to give and sustain love for anyone, tears became a thing of a child's mind. Now some 26yrs later I have had a life with an indescribable emptiness, so much anger and yes I always have the words for the situation as it applies but to say that I feel them or have real conscionable meaning behind them would be to lie. I have already said to much here to a bunch of complete strangers whom I do not expect to even remotely understand what I'm describing, I guess I thought that better explanation was needed of myself. Dunno. I had hoped with the RV to begin anew, to try something all new. As a musician ounce wrote I was going to "Dare to Live" This song seemed to affect me and my thoughts. Peace.

Bang.........You and I have got to know each other quite well over the last couple of months.........and I for one do understand..............That's all I need to say.

I feel you on the emptiness bang... I struggle with it every day. Its a dark place, not having any hope of finding something that makes you feel again. Paxil, my dogs, and my girlfriend are the only things I enjoy anymore. Thankfully, I have some plans if the RV hits that should fix this

I think people on this earth think of death in the wrong way, they think of it as the wrong that is done to humanity, when truly in death is where the real life begins....We think of an aborted baby as being such a horrible thing for the baby, when in reality an innocent soul goes straight to Jesus (to be absent from the body is to be present with Christ) The real pain is on the one left behind, the person who has to live with the reality of what they have done. The friend that you so desperately cried out to the Lord to save, who instead went to be with the Lord, may have suffered on this earth for a time, but it is just a blink in comparison to eternity....Now you are the one left to make sense of it all, to work it out , to learn from it.Why do we think of this life as such a great thing, worthy to be considered one of the most valuable things we would ever fight for? Because we don't understand God and eternity.Maybe some have died because God was saving them from further atrocities in their lives.We don't know, and I don't know all the answers either.But like I said,you now are the one left behind to try and make sense of it all....God gave you a resource book to help you find your way, to lead you to repentance, to forgiveness, to the only things that truly make you free while you walk as a man on this earth.Why do bad things happen to good people? Well some because they are stiff necked and try to tell the potter what to do with the clay. I have had many spankings for this behavior myself.Sometimes it is to show God's glory, and I know that is hard to believe, but its true. If God did everything for us, and showed himself 100% we would have no choice but to believe in Him would we? Some things have to be a mystery, or we would no longer have free will. But in that, will we still kill and steal, and have wars, and cheat.....on the other hand.....We love and help and serve, and grow, and forgive, and save. We have to see the gifts that God gives to us, and stand on the promise that He gives to those who love Him(key phrase I have learned here,"To those who LOVE Him) I'm sorry you don't love Him, but if you did...In that love you would find comfort, and peace, and forgiveness, and wholeness, and a light at the end of the tunnel, weather or not this thing RVs, you would have a hope for a future, because you would know the secret of life is really in hoping for the life to come. I am praying for you on this thread who have been hurt by God, and I'm asking Him to reveal himself to you. :)

love T

Edited by Teresa82

....like I said test Him and prove to me that He is not real.

End Quote

Please prove to me he is real.

umbertino- God Himself will prove to you He is real.....But the ball is in your court, He is God He doesn't have to do anything, but He also loves you more incredibly than you know. So now, stop spitting in the face of your creator, and show Him that you are serious about wanting to know Him, and prove it to Him. I guarantee He will show himself to you, in ways that only you could know.

I wish you could understand how much he loves you

I think people on this earth think of death in the wrong way, they think of it as the wrong that is done to humanity, when truly in death is where the real life beginsRead more: :) Thers is a song that syas Celebrate Me Home---- if you like Southern Gospel lookup http://thegospelhiway.org/home/ you can hear it there bcause it is in the top 10- Vern