Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Low Denominations Now in Use?

magawatt

the 50 dinar bill is the old note huh.gif .......a noveltyhuh.gif

50's are legit. I know people that have them. you can get them on eBay... I think Tampa Dinar offers a free one with the purchase of 1mil.

check the CBI website to see the denoms they have in circulation.

And yes,... the larger the value...the larger the physical size of the bill. 50's are almost the size of monopoly money... Purple too.

They make 50,250,500,1,000,5,000,10,000 and 25,000 those are the only notes currently made.25dinar coins and 100 dinar coins are not issued yet or i do not think so. I have several of all the bills above that is how i know that they are out there.

You can buy complete gift sets (7 notes) from some of the dealers.

I have 4 sets

you will pay a premium for them.

the smaller notes get increasingly smaller in physical size as they go down in value.

Nice looking currency.

pictures of what appeared to be the new upcoming lower redenomination notes 25,50 & 100 were posted on the opinion board last month.

not sure if they were real...they looked real ?

yak

Yak, check your gift sets again, I think you will find there are no 100 notes in them as you posted, Sorry!

I saw somewhere else that the lower denominations are now in use and causing problems because prices on the street haven't changed. The higher (000s) bills are getting scarce and vendors don't like to take bundles of LDs- so they give a discount to payers with HDs and charge extra for excepting LDs. You'd think if this were the case we would have some pictures.

SHOW ME A LINK WHERE THE LOWER DENOMINATIONS ARE BEING USED, NOT HAPPENING. AS FOR AS THE $50.00 NOTES, I'VE HAD THESE NOTES GOING ON 8 YEARS.

Edited by mrref

Looks like 14 denomination were originally printed: http://www.cipe.org/...ynopsis_ep6.pdf

Only 7 (or 9 if you count the 2 non-released coins) have been released: http://www.cbi.iq/in...p?pid=Banknotes

So we'll just have to wait and see...

here's the key from that link: "Printing a series of 14 new Iraqi Dinar notes and coins"

and here is a section of the "page source" for the cbi banknote page on the cbi website - I see blank spots where one could conjecture that the lower denoms will be inserted into when they become available:

100 Dinar coin</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="middle">

<span _fck_bookmark="1" style="display: none"> </span><span _fck_bookmark="1" style="display: none"> </span></td>

<td align="middle">

(not in circulation)</td>

<td align="middle">

(not in circulation)</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="4" style="width: 90%">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td align="middle">

</td>

<td align="middle">

</td>

<td align="middle">

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="middle">

</td>

<td align="middle">

</td>

<td align="middle">

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="middle">

</td>

<td align="middle">

</td>

<td align="middle">

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="middle">

</td>

<td align="middle">

</td>

<td align="middle">

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="middle">

</td>

<td align="middle">

</td>

<td align="middle">

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="middle">

</td>

<td align="middle">

</td>

<td align="middle">

</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

<p>

<br />

</p>

</div> </div>

</div>

<div id="footer_container">

<p align="center"><p style="text-align: center">

Copyright © 2011. Central Bank of Iraq. All rights reserved. Please read important <a href="index.php?pid=Disclaimer">disclaimer</a>.</p>

</p>

will be fun to see if that is truly what this shows won't it?? seems the lower denominations that have been discussed are more like 1, 5, 10, 20, 25 and even smaller.

Looks like 14 denomination were originally printed: http://www.cipe.org/regional/mena/iraq/pdf/bttv_synopsis_ep6.pdf

Only 7 (or 9 is you count the 2 non-released coins) have been released: http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=Banknotes

So we'll just have to wait and see...

The coins were released but then withdrawn.

I have a 50 dinar coin I bought from a dealer in Portugal before I found out the CBI sold off all the coins for scrap.

I saw somewhere else that the lower denominations are now in use and causing problems because prices on the street haven't changed. The higher (000s) bills are getting scarce and vendors don't like to take bundles of LDs- so they give a discount to payers with HDs and charge extra for excepting LDs. You'd think if this were the case we would have some pictures.

Yea where did you hear this link please this is how stupid rumors start

There has been several news articles and they are referring to the 50's,250's and 500's as shown on the CBI website.

again we are only looking for 5's, 10's,20's not the 50's they have been around for a long time get your facts straight.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

again we are only looking for 5's, 10's,20's not the 50's they have been around for a long time get your facts straight.

You have taken it out of context.

There has been reports of problems with lower denominations. The reports indicate the people are not happy using just 50,250 and 500 notes.

A bit like you buying a TV or something and paying with 1 dollar notes( assuming your American).

Apparently the traders are charging more if they get paid in the small notes. In the UK many oulets will not accept payment in small denominations.

I cannot see this situation being allowed to continue for any length of time so we may get a result shortly.

I wish I could find the article about the lower denoms. I believe it was said that they had them and were holding them for an RV.

Some were being held by the Swiss and some (I THINK) are already there with the CBI. I agree that they wont circulate them until an RV is complete.

This news of the VISA is a big deal in terms of an RV. With everything going electronic and the lower denoms in waiting the time is closing on an RV. MY OPINION...

The 3 seats of security are taking a while... I hope this ends soon. The meeting with PRES. of KUWAIT Thursday in hopes the Chapter 7 is lifted.

I believe we are all close and the waiting should be well worth it for all of us. I just hope we can all be kind to one another during this time.

Go out and test drive the car you want to buy. Look at homes or boats and keep the faith.

I've never seen a 500. I've seen plenty of 1000s and a few 250s. I heard of 100s and 50s but don't know that for a fact. I haven't been in country since December and probably won't be back til late April or early May so I am not sure what may be available right now.

one time i was exchanging a little money at one of the banks on camp and i told the guy to throw in some 50s. He gave me like 75 of those notes which was only worth a couple of bucks or something and that stack could choke a horse.....

50 is the lowest (in circulation) you will ever see unless they come out with something new.

The coins are not in circulation.

you can always go to http://cbi.iq and check out the currency notes and coins. Its all there.

Edited by quadraph0nic