Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

very sad story

Frosty

This is a story about a man named Johnny Smith who was a truck driver in Iraq which I had the pleasure and honor of working with there for almost 2 years and was a very close friend of mine. he was also a member of this site. johnny was on a mission Friday night when his truck hit an I.E.D and caught on fire. He bailed out of the truck to try to make a run for it but had to run thru the flames. he suffered 3rd degree burns on 70% of his body. he was flown to germany but passed away in during sugery from wounds he received from the blast. So when we get frustrated about the dinar not rving just remember there is alot more to life than dinar and the rv and that is life itself. and if it never rvs you are still alive and when we get angry that this dont happen when we want it to remember the men and women that made the ultimate sacrafice for this opportunity to happen and the familys they left behind and the children that dont have a father or a mother anymore . Johnny Smith good bye my friend and god bless you and thank you for all you did and god bless your family i will see you again my friend one day on the other side

:( His family will be in our prayers tonite- What was his name on the board. Maybe we can do something here--- Thanks -May GOD Bless you and your friends house---Vern

• Upvote 1

This is a story about a man named Johnny Smith who was a truck driver in Iraq which I had the pleasure and honor of working with there for almost 2 years and was a very close friend of mine. he was also a member of this site. johnny was on a mission Friday night when his truck hit an I.E.D and caught on fire. He bailed out of the truck to try to make a run for it but had to run thru the flames. he suffered 3rd degree burns on 70% of his body. he was flown to germany but passed away in during sugery from wounds he received from the blast. So when we get frustrated about the dinar not rving just remember there is alot more to life than dinar and the rv and that is life itself. and if it never rvs you are still alive and when we get angry that this dont happen when we want it to remember the men and women that made the ultimate sacrafice for this opportunity to happen and the familys they left behind and the children that dont have a father or a mother anymore . Johnny Smith good bye my friend and god bless you and thank you for all you did and god bless your family i will see you again my friend one day on the other side

THATS SAD AND WISH HIW FAMILY THE BEST DURING THIS TIME OF GRIEF, HIS FAMILY IS IN MY PRAYERS

Most everyone who has been in the Middle East has had someone they know injured or killed....me included.

We EXPATS come over here knowing "it" could happen to us but look forward to the opportunity to support our military and help our families.

When the unthinkable happens we are all left to wonder at the validity of our reasons for putting ourselves in harms way.

Rest in peace my brother

Ammo out

My prayers go out to his family and friends. This does bring things back into perspective. So sorry to hear. Thanks for sharing.

Deeply sorry for the loss of your close friend. Words cannot begin to express what one feels. God Bless.

Amen

Stay strong Frosty. And if you are in touch with Johnny's family tell them he will not be forgotten. We should use this to know that we don't have to put people down. Every single persons feelings here should be considered when responding to posts. Maybe we can come together as a stronger unit and stop the bashing. We should be able to debunk and offer opinions in productive non aggressive ways. We never know when someone on these sites will take the journey to the other side. I don't want to be the one who hurts someone's feelings due to bad wording in a response and find out they passed away. Lets stay positive and treat each other as brothers and sisters. We are all here for the same reason. God Bless,

• Upvote 2

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend, What camp was he on, my husband is a convoy commander/forman over there and has been there for 6 yrs now. My husband may know him. Let me know and I will let him know. Again sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry, God WILL hold him especially close. Sorry for your (our) loss.