Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

America's Hunters

Qman

The world's largest army... America 's hunters! I had never thought about this....

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:

* There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin .

* Allow me to restate that number.

* Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world.

* More men under arms than in Iran . * More than in France and Germany combined.

* These men deployed to the woods of a single American state to hunt with firearms, and no one was killed.

* That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan 's 700,000 hunters, all of whom have now returned home.

* Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.

* The point?

* America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower.

* Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.

* That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.

Food for thought when next we consider gun control.

• Upvote 7

Qman, check this out. My local Wally World here on the East of NC has never sold fire arms, ever. I'm right friendly with the Merchandiser in Sporting goods and was screaming about the cost of 7 mill rounds, 46 bucks for Federal Premium and 24 bucks for Remington Express. I don't shoot the 2 dollar deer, I shoot the dollar ones. Anyway, to make a long story short, they are setting up a new display this week, they now sell long guns. Entirely based on the number of hunting licences sold per store. Man o man o man o man, they have some pretty stuff. I'm a Ruger kind of guy. I have my eye on a beauty!th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

• Upvote 1

Here in Wyoming, just about everyone I know carries at least a couple guns with them always, We have two safes and it's time to get my youngest daughter her own safe. Hunting is a way of life for us, We don't horn hunt but meat hunt it's pretty bad my kids would rather eat wild game than beef(not that they turn it down we raise our own) .But it's a family event to include making jerky sausages of various types, we made 90 lbs of breakfast sausage this morning and got 60 lbs of jerky ready to smoke tommorow.

You are right there are more people prepared in this country to defend it than any other country , just wish more people would take the time to educate younger people what it means to be free and able to do what we do and why we do it.

• Upvote 2

Here in Wyoming, just about everyone I know carries at least a couple guns with them always, We have two safes and it's time to get my youngest daughter her own safe. Hunting is a way of life for us, We don't horn hunt but meat hunt it's pretty bad my kids would rather eat wild game than beef(not that they turn it down we raise our own) .But it's a family event to include making jerky sausages of various types, we made 90 lbs of breakfast sausage this morning and got 60 lbs of jerky ready to smoke tommorow.

You are right there are more people prepared in this country to defend it than any other country , just wish more people would take the time to educate younger people what it means to be free and able to do what we do and why we do it.

It's been my way of life for many years Bro., since I was a pup. Virginia born I was, Until I went away to do my duty. Now I'm back. I avoid steroid meat at all cost. Look at our kids these days, it's a damn shame. I would love to hunt in your great state one day. Maybe I will. You folks grow em right up there. Slay feeds his family naturally brother, like yourself. Remember the name, I'd like to hunt with you. I don't hunt horns either, they just seem to find me. I don't know what is is.

• Upvote 1

we've got our toys too but we keep that kinda private.

If you hunt long enough you get the wall hangers we have a few on the barn, we pack in 15 miles and our kids have been goin since they were in diapers.

This year is my youngest daughters first year so I'm really excited, last year my son got a really nice bull elk an antelope and a deer. so it was all good

• Upvote 1

http://www.thevoicemagazine.com/culture/politics/assault-on-the-2nd-amendment.html CIFTA and the UN arms control treaty are attempts by liberals to deprive US citizens of our 2nd Amendment rights.

check it out!

http://www.varmintal.com/heston.htm The media bias against our 2nd Amendment rights is well documented.

http://townhall.com/columnists/paulbroun/2009/06/09/judge_sotomayor_and_the_second_amendment Keep in mind that the 2nd Amendment was affirmed to be an individual right and incorporated to the states by the thinnest of margins at the Supreme Court. Liberals would overturn it in a heartbeat, if they get a majority.

http://www.targetofopportunity.com/sec_amend.htm The last part of this article shows what has actually happened in the UK.