Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

City Clock begins ticking in Erbil

k98nights

City Clock begins ticking in Erbil

sa3at3.jpg

PUKmedia 2011-03-19 19:47:28

A clock tower called City Clock begun ticking Saturday at 5:00 pm (local time) at the central city of Erbil. The clock sits 23 m up a brick-made tower which was constructed in a project cost 60 thousands USD.

The project was launched in a ceremony attended by Erbil governor Nawzad Hadi who said the clock was scheduled to start ticking Saturday to mark Kurdish uprising and Nawroz, the beginning of new year in Kurdish calendar.

The four-sided clock, whose diameter is 2.5 m, was guaranteed for 10 years of use. The light system of the clock ensures that the clock will be visible at night, which rings every hour.

http://www.pukmedia....gion&Itemid=385

An ME "Big BEN" , theirs been ticking for hundreds of years, 60 grand with the world market there are wrist watches that cost more and will let you know every religious holiday and time for every country and every religion-- STOP READING RV INTO EVERYTHING---I think and prefer to believe that the vast majority of population just don't have the time at their wrist! Can't miss prayer time even with the callers in the mosques!

Should it actually have anything to do with RV/RI then there would be a Ball going up and the ball going down JUST LIKE OUR NEW YEARS! LOL!

Capt. Clif

I'm guessing having a town clock is a status symbol. Why Roman numerals on the face, or do the other 3 faces have different numerals? I was expecting native Arabic numerals. I doubt they care about showing off how "civilized" they are with a western style clock.

Peace and Prosperity

Edited by Off-the-grid