Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Please take a moment and watch this video

Found this over at ** We all get wrapped up in the Dinar, myself included, but take a sobering look at what the Iraqi people are going through....sucks. Imagine the patience required to live their lives.

Thank you for posting this vid.

I found it very graphic, but I did not understand though, who is blowing up the buildings and killing the people?

Is it Malliki's government? Or, is it the US?

If it is us, then why are the US troups still in Iraq when they were supposed to be out?

No matter whomever it is, I see how tired, worn and oppressed the Iraqi people are.

They dont appear to have the energy to protest.

May GOD bless them and guide them toward a safe and gratiying conclusion.

Regards,

Chape

• Upvote 6

I feel a litle ashamed of myself for wanting to see the RV so that I can have "better life".It is a life that will include giving to others and helping others but first it will be a life that is easier, and better, for me. And that shames me. when I watch this video.

These people have so little, and then they lose that little bit and their friends and family, dead, gone, everything bombed out of existence. Politicians like everywhere lie to get the vote and then don't help at all.

My politicians are not as bad as that. My life is not as bad as that. Nowhere near as bad as that. I have a home, and food, and clothing, and even useless furry creatures called cats that I can afford to feed and house and take to the vet. Why do I need to be so concerned about the RV and a better life? I have a great life. Comparing my life to the lives of the Iraqi peiple as portrayed in the video, I have a life and they do not. They only have struggle, and grief, and loss, and more of the same repeated over and over.

Since becoming involved in this "investment" I have had two warring sides to deal with. Yes I want the RV. I want to be better off. But yes, also I am grieving for the Iraqi people, and wish there was something that could be done for them. All the alphabet soup of agencies of the world talk a good line but what are they actually doing? what is Iraq doing?

I think I have reason to be frustrated. I have no reason to be frustrated. Not in light of what these people are living through.

Thank you for posting this ... every investor should be made to watch it. I know money is money and profit is profit but geez ... life is meant to be lived, without daily terror, and daily grief,

Sorry to be so disorganized in this rant but I am just still stunned. Far too emotional.

smee2

plus Max and Sadie, the furry creatures who have a better life with me than those people in Iraq have.

Thank you for posting this vid.

I found it very graphic, but I did not understand though, who is blowing up the buildings and killing the people?

Is it Malliki's government? Or, is it the US?

If it is us, then why are the US troups still in Iraq when they were supposed to be out?

No matter whomever it is, I see how tired, worn and oppressed the Iraqi people are.

They dont appear to have the energy to protest.

May GOD bless them and guide them toward a safe and gratiying conclusion.

Regards,

Chape

It is neither the US or the Iraqi government blowing up the buildings. It is the terrorist cels that are trying to take over Iraq again ... Al Quida, or whoever. Suicide bombers, and car bombers, as the video says, are using a new Al Quida technique, they go to a shop or an apartment, rent it for more than the required rent and then take in bags of cement in which they have placed powerful bombs, se tthem up in the apartment or the shop and ... kaboom! Whoever is living in the building, or near the shop are hurt, or dead. The young boy, in case you missed the point, was home, because his father would not take the children out because it was too dangerous, and when the bomb went off and levelled the apartment building that had the father's shop in the corner at the bottom, the building collapsed, as you can see, and crushed the little boy, six years old in a few days, body twisted up and broken so badly they did not show it clearly and would not let his mother open the coffin to see how badly he was hurt. She will never know. She will imagine the worst for the rest of her life and always see her son as broken and twisted. She won't remember his as the photo of him, whole and smiling. As they kept asking, what did these children do to make them criminals? What was their crime? Why are they dead? They obviously blame the Iraq government for not keeping them safe, but it is the terrorists who are tring to take over Iraq who are the bomb planters,

This is going to haunt me for a while I think. But people have to see these things to know what is really going on. It is hard to know when all you see is a bunch of politicians in suits and photos of great architecture. The blast fences were a first look at reality for a lot of us. But this kind of video goes beyond that and shows the reality of daily life for these people. Tragic.

smee2

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

I guess it does no good to say I am speechless. I did have a whole long paragraph that I originally typed out, full of hate and disgust. I decided, what good does that do? I am not being part of the solution that way....There are more productive things I can do than sit on my arse and complain on our forums about how terrible the governments of the world are. And it does not stop the lose of innocent life. I will keep praying to God, and come up with more productive ways to make change and inspire others to make change!

• Upvote 5

I feel a litle ashamed of myself for wanting to see the RV so that I can have "better life".It is a life that will include giving to others and helping others but first it will be a life that is easier, and better, for me. And that shames me. when I watch this video.

These people have so little, and then they lose that little bit and their friends and family, dead, gone, everything bombed out of existence. Politicians like everywhere lie to get the vote and then don't help at all.

My politicians are not as bad as that. My life is not as bad as that. Nowhere near as bad as that. I have a home, and food, and clothing, and even useless furry creatures called cats that I can afford to feed and house and take to the vet. Why do I need to be so concerned about the RV and a better life? I have a great life. Comparing my life to the lives of the Iraqi peiple as portrayed in the video, I have a life and they do not. They only have struggle, and grief, and loss, and more of the same repeated over and over.

Since becoming involved in this "investment" I have had two warring sides to deal with. Yes I want the RV. I want to be better off. But yes, also I am grieving for the Iraqi people, and wish there was something that could be done for them. All the alphabet soup of agencies of the world talk a good line but what are they actually doing? what is Iraq doing?

I think I have reason to be frustrated. I have no reason to be frustrated. Not in light of what these people are living through.

Thank you for posting this ... every investor should be made to watch it. I know money is money and profit is profit but geez ... life is meant to be lived, without daily terror, and daily grief,

Sorry to be so disorganized in this rant but I am just still stunned. Far too emotional.

smee2

plus Max and Sadie, the furry creatures who have a better life with me than those people in Iraq have.

It is neither the US or the Iraqi government blowing up the buildings. It is the terrorist cels that are trying to take over Iraq again ... Al Quida, or whoever. Suicide bombers, and car bombers, as the video says, are using a new Al Quida technique, they go to a shop or an apartment, rent it for more than the required rent and then take in bags of cement in which they have placed powerful bombs, se tthem up in the apartment or the shop and ... kaboom! Whoever is living in the building, or near the shop are hurt, or dead. The young boy, in case you missed the point, was home, because his father would not take the children out because it was too dangerous, and when the bomb went off and levelled the apartment building that had the father's shop in the corner at the bottom, the building collapsed, as you can see, and crushed the little boy, six years old in a few days, body twisted up and broken so badly they did not show it clearly and would not let his mother open the coffin to see how badly he was hurt. She will never know. She will imagine the worst for the rest of her life and always see her son as broken and twisted. She won't remember his as the photo of him, whole and smiling. As they kept asking, what did these children do to make them criminals? What was their crime? Why are they dead? They obviously blame the Iraq government for not keeping them safe, but it is the terrorists who are tring to take over Iraq who are the bomb planters,

This is going to haunt me for a while I think. But people have to see these things to know what is really going on. It is hard to know when all you see is a bunch of politicians in suits and photos of great architecture. The blast fences were a first look at reality for a lot of us. But this kind of video goes beyond that and shows the reality of daily life for these people. Tragic.

smee2

No need to be ashamed smee. It's an investment, nothing more. However, sometimes you read posts about how we should think about the Iraqi people more. More often than not, I give a cursory view of these posts then move on to more nonsense rumors and news. When I saw this video, it really hit home. We just have to take a step back from this craziness once and a while and realize what's important. We Americans have a life that 80% of the rest of the world could only dream of. The Iraqi's don't have much of a life at all. Haven't for many years and won't for a few years to come. That's all....just count your blessings.

• Upvote 3

Found this over at ** We all get wrapped up in the Dinar, myself included, but take a sobering look at what the Iraqi people are going through....sucks. Imagine the patience required to live their lives.

Yes, I saw this at *** and cried, this was a wake up call seriously....

• Upvote 3

smee2

smee2

Smee, you only feel guilty because you have a good heart, and are a good person. Us having bought Dinar does not make us like the ones that do this to the Iraqi people, and I know you already know this, but sometimes hearing it from someone else, is confirming.

I really listened to the part when the man said, it was pointless to go and vote, and he said "Maliki and Allawi" both, he hopes they are happy. I just feel there is some underlying factor stopping this whole situation to POP in Iraq for the better. Most see the Ministry of Finance building, right there in the middle of Baghdad. I see 500-1000 jobs waiting, being paid for with a RV'd dinar to make it a beautiful building again, and when its done...more jobs for people in each of those offices. I watch all those little babies (I say babies, but all the children) and see my own daughter. I thought about this family all day today, I went out with my little baby, had a beautiful day, we had lunch, and we leisurely went about our afternoon. But this family, stuck in my head. Their little boys face in the picture, who, even though they had NO money, his parents were going to give him a birthday party.

Tragedy is happening all over the world right now, it is so heartbreaking, and so tragic. It is a time of chaos and uncertainty EVERYWHERE, more so in the Middle East, and certainly in Japan as well. Now more than ever, I pray for them all, for strength, for courage, as well as to keep hope and love in their hearts. And that God holds them in his arms securely if and when any of them are taken with him.

Its times like this, I remind myself to do my part to be a better person and help others.

• Upvote 6

For me personally, seeing this makes me realize just how much we take for granted in our daily lives! Just this afternoon, my wife and I enjoyed a movie and dinner with friends. I cannot imagine the heart ache and suffering the people of Iraq are enduring. I pray and thank God for the blessings in my life and I pray for the people of Iraq that they may soon find a reason to hope for a better life!

• Upvote 4

Very sad. I have been to the Middle East 3 separate times and have seen families that will use a tree trunk and tarps to make a home. Literally tarps. Until you are in a country like Iraq, or Pakistan and parts of Israel, you really don't know what a third world country is like. It made me sick to come home to this country and hear people get upset because the drapes don't match their carpet. I'm grateful for being over their. I'm grateful for the gifts that I have been blessed with. Thanks for the video. +1

• Upvote 5

Smee, you only feel guilty because you have a good heart, and are a good person. Us having bought Dinar does not make us like the ones that do this to the Iraqi people, and I know you already know this, but sometimes hearing it from someone else, is confirming.

I really listened to the part when the man said, it was pointless to go and vote, and he said "Maliki and Allawi" both, he hopes they are happy. I just feel there is some underlying factor stopping this whole situation to POP in Iraq for the better. Most see the Ministry of Finance building, right there in the middle of Baghdad. I see 500-1000 jobs waiting, being paid for with a RV'd dinar to make it a beautiful building again, and when its done...more jobs for people in each of those offices. I watch all those little babies (I say babies, but all the children) and see my own daughter. I thought about this family all day today, I went out with my little baby, had a beautiful day, we had lunch, and we leisurely went about our afternoon. But this family, stuck in my head. Their little boys face in the picture, who, even though they had NO money, his parents were going to give him a birthday party.

Tragedy is happening all over the world right now, it is so heartbreaking, and so tragic. It is a time of chaos and uncertainty EVERYWHERE, more so in the Middle East, and certainly in Japan as well. Now more than ever, I pray for them all, for strength, for courage, as well as to keep hope and love in their hearts. And that God holds them in his arms securely if and when any of them are taken with him.

Its times like this, I remind myself to do my part to be a better person and help others.

Well said Cherysh!

very sad. I hope and pray they come to grips the GOI that enough is enough and they need to help these poor people out man this is very surreal and heartbreakin my prayers go out to them. I sure hope the Iraqi ppl get appiness in the end of all this mess it makes me wonder if humanity is lost for good.

very sad. I hope and pray they come to grips the GOI that enough is enough and they need to help these poor people out man this is very surreal and heartbreakin my prayers go out to them. I sure hope the Iraqi ppl get appiness in the end of all this mess it makes me wonder if humanity is lost for good.

This country will flourish. Yeah, I hate we went in there from the get go, but the future generations of Iraq will count their blessings that we did. It just sucks that the people currently have to live in misery. I guess the people now sacrifice for the future generations. I really think in just a few short years, this country will be dramatically rebuilt and will be the shining beacon of hope and democracy we all hope it will be. I know that's a kind of cheezy and naive statement to make now, but I really think this will happen for them.

No this attack was not done by the US but rather those who would like to undermine all our efforts and the formation of the GOI. My GOD this is heart wrenching and yet what does one say? This same story has played out hundreds of times since the End of Hostilities by the US. These terrorists have no heart or no conscience in their actions. My next thought though is How do you fight an enemy that looks just like the population? They blend in? What is your answer to that? What measure of actions or force do you apply in response to this? I'm not asking for myself I'm asking you. I have already been though this kind of stuff and the methods we used you would probably not like or agree with. JMO. Peace.

Follow the money. Those responsible had enough to pay more than the required rent. Who would do that? Clearly they have access to enough that the money is no object; they were just doing a job and got well paid no doubt. I say follow the damn money and we will see who is responsible. And I mean follow it ALL the way back.

i feel bad for the iraqi people. i can not imagine losing my children, its one of a parents worst nightmare. I cannot believe that the iraqi government is taking so long to help their people, its just wrong, selfish, and criminal. i wish i could snap my fingers and make everything all better.

Thanks for the video and the post. I want to make it perfectly clear that nowhere in the video did they blame the Americans for those bombings. They blamed Al Qaeda, they blamed the sectarianism between Shiites and Sunnis, and they blamed the sham of a political system that they have. I say this because of the ignorant comments that I saw under the you tube video pinning it on Americans (not here on DV). Life was worst for them under Saddam's reign. Ask anyone that was not a Baathist.

With that said... the Iraqi's have more power than then realize. I have always tried to not bring religion into my posts because I am respectful of the numerous backgrounds and beliefs of everyone on this site. I will say though, that I believe there are times in life when God breaks life down and takes away all the things you know or thought you knew. All the things you thought you wanted, he removes you from the path you are on and strips you down until you are left with the basic fundamentals of life. It is from that point that you can begin to understand what is truly important in life. Once you reach that point a funny thing/gift emerges amidst the chaos. Clarity. Clarity in what is truly important in your life. Clarity in your appreciation for the things and people you have in your life. Clarity of things to avoid in the future so that you don't repeat the same mistakes. Clarity that provides you with the vision to unlock your real destiny or a new path.

I say this because the Iraqi's have a chance to take it all back now. To build the world they want. Sometimes you just have to reach that certain pain threshold that comes from everything being taken from you. They can choose to take it back by changing themselves. Bury the hate between the Sunni's, Shiites, Kurds, and Christians. Work together for the good of country and learn to understand each other and find your common ground. Compromise on the other parts. Take back your government through peaceful protests and run the bums out of there. Then vote for the best people for the job dedicated to fixing the basic necessities and promoting the peace between factions. That is when your world changes.

So I ask Americans... are we much different? The path we are on is ugly. The tranche between democrats and republicans grows more unconscious everyday. How are we that different from the Sunni's and the Shiites? We see how far polar views can take you...to ruin. Can we tone down the rhetoric and find compromise for the good of all of us or must we reach the bottom first to understand our mistakes too?

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the video and the post. I want to make it perfectly clear that nowhere in the video did they blame the Americans for those bombings. They blamed Al Qaeda, they blamed the sectarianism between Shiites and Sunnis, and they blamed the sham of a political system that they have. I say this because of the ignorant comments that I saw under the you tube video pinning it on Americans (not here on DV). Life was worst for them under Saddam's reign. Ask anyone that was not a Baathist.

With that said... the Iraqi's have more power than then realize. I have always tried to not bring religion into my posts because I am respectful of the numerous backgrounds and beliefs of everyone on this site. I will say though, that I believe there are times in life when God breaks life down and takes away all the things you know or thought you knew. All the things you thought you wanted, he removes you from the path you are on and strips you down until you are left with the basic fundamentals of life. It is from that point that you can begin to understand what is truly important in life. Once you reach that point a funny thing/gift emerges amidst the chaos. Clarity. Clarity in what is truly important in your life. Clarity in your appreciation for the things and people you have in your life. Clarity of things to avoid in the future so that you don't repeat the same mistakes. Clarity that provides you with the vision to unlock your real destiny or a new path.

I say this because the Iraqi's have a chance to take it all back now. To build the world they want. Sometimes you just have to reach that certain pain threshold that comes from everything being taken from you. They can choose to take it back by changing themselves. Bury the hate between the Sunni's, Shiites, Kurds, and Christians. Work together for the good of country and learn to understand each other and find your common ground. Compromise on the other parts. Take back your government through peaceful protests and run the bums out of there. Then vote for the best people for the job dedicated to fixing the basic necessities and promoting the peace between factions. That is when your world changes.

So I ask Americans... are we much different? The path we are on is ugly. The tranche between democrats and republicans grows more unconscious everyday. How are we that different from the Sunni's and the Shiites? We see how far polar views can take you...to ruin. Can we tone down the rhetoric and find compromise for the good of all of us or must we reach the bottom first to understand our mistakes too?

you are right drox about americans not being different and the path we are on. The political powers in our country have us so divided we cant govern effectively. A lot of this must be smoke screen so we cannot se the underlying things they are doing to keep their power and ensure their reelection. It is sad and makes me feel so helpless that our country is being torn apart from the inside out. My one vote doesnt seem to do much :( but it is all i have and I will continue to use it and do the best I can to become educated on the issues we face and educate my children so they will do the same. The iraq people have a bright future but it has come at a terrible cost as did ours, and we need to remember the sacrifices made to make us great and not throw them away,

God bless the USA! and God bless Iraq! :)

It makes me wonder too. I wonder, seriously, if there will come a day when we wake up, as individuals and as a society, and realize things have gone so far they cannot be reversed and we are next on the block. We have to much but at what cost. The vast majority of the people of planet earth are surviving in conditions we in the western world would consider primitive at best, And they continue to survive somehow. But that cannot last forever. It will even out. I don't see them becoing better off so maybe we will become worse off. I don't know. It is just that those thoughts go trouping through my mnd sometimes. It is the only time when I am truely glad to be as old as I am. I know things change fast in this world but I do not believe I'll be around for the great downfall if there is one. So, all I can do is try to accept what is and make any changes I can for the people who need it and just let the rest go. It isn't easy.

Thanks to everyone who has commented on this topic ... it has all helped, at least for me, to know that others feel similar shock and concern about these people and their lot in life. Hope, Prayer, Positive Thinking ... it's about all we can do but ... as a great book title once read "All you can do is all you can do, but all you can do is enough" ... I should go find that book again. It was a good positive life changing read.

Thanks to everyone.

smee2

This isn't the first country that has had a problem with maniacs doing their thing and causing hardships against the people. You can't blame other countries for things being done by the people that are from Iraq.

We have no real idea of the reality of so many lives, and while my heart breaks for the families in Iraq who have suffered and continue to suffer ... it also troubles me that we, as a leading military power are not able to get a better handle on the terror. Why is the truth so hard to get to?

we can't get a handle on terror because "we" aren't allowed to do the right thing......many in the middle east have their own agenda, one thing on that agenda is to make America (the west) look bad in the eyes of the ME people. truth is in the eye of the beholder and as long as it can be manipulated by the powers at large, nothing can be done by us without it being misconscrewed as being an aggression, interference or a worse case of terrorism to the ME people.

heck, we can't even get a handle on gangs (local form of terrorism) because we have to abide by the laws that give these terrorists more rights than the law abiding citizen. If we can't fix our own problems, what makes you think we can fix another country's that operate on a whole different set of sensibilities and with a completely different sense of what is right and wrong? :P Plus, we have to overcome hundreds of years of hatred and home grown conceptions of what we stand for.....not easily done.

• Upvote 1