Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Nighthk11 chat

unborntotheworld

That's just what Satan want's you to believe. All Satan has to do is make you doubt or question to take another road and he has your soul, that's what he did with Eve. He made her question what God had said and that is why we are here now. Don't let someone steal your salvation. In the end you're the one that will have to spend entertinity in hell because you failed to believe the truth. People spend more time watching tv or making plans for the weekend than they do making plans for what they will be doing after they die. We are all going to die, some sooner than others, are you really going to ignore the truth (The Bible) when your soul hangs in the balance?

the bible is just a book. it is not the whole truth. it has some truth in it but not all of it is "the truth" it was written by illiterate men 2000 years ago about an experience they had , at least the new testament was. there is no satan and there is no hell. that's just what your pastor/priest wants you to believe so you'll just keep coming and supporting and donating to their cause. really, stop with these kinds of posts here. this is not the place to spout religious drivel... ty

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

the bible is just a book. it is not the whole truth. it has some truth in it but not all of it is "the truth" it was written by illiterate men 2000 years ago about an experience they had , at least the new testament was. there is no satan and there is no hell. that's just what your pastor/priest wants you to believe so you'll just keep coming and supporting and donating to their cause. really, stop with these kinds of posts here. this is not the place to spout religious drivel... ty

Like it or not, you will fall to your knees. Along with everyone else.

• Upvote 3

If you go back to my OP in this thread, I made no mention of religion. I referenced a book by Dan Brown, called "The Da Vinci Code" in which the front part of the book he lists several "facts" that aren't really facts to base his theory which he revels in the rest of that book. In that book he mentions the Illuminati, which relates to Nightk11's post in which he mentions Tony Blair's appointment and the Illuminati in the same sentence as being "fact".

Then *YOU* come along and make the top quoted comment above talking about "THE BIBLE". Wow, look who brings up "THE BIBLE" in a conversation which NEVER said anything about "The BIBLE" before. I hope you like extremely warm places! biggrin.gif

-

LOL.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So, "aaanth", tell me where on earth have you ever read something in a book where "illiterate men" wrote ANYTHING that people paid attention to thousands of years later (If you quote the Bible correctly, the religious leaders of the day called the writers "UNLEARNED MEN" - NOT Illiterate men. - that, today, might mean -"hey they are not "Harvard Grads" what right do they have to speak?")????

The fact that TODAY, the BIBLE is STILL the best selling book in the world, is enough for LITERATE men and women to "sit up and take notice of". Have you considered why?? Have you ever heard or read about someone giving their life for the teachings of another ANCIENT book - like the Illiad & the Odyssey? Won't be happening. However, you WILL read about lives given DAILY in defense of Christian Faith in Christ!

Your will and personal opinion allows you to thumb your nose at what is written in THE Book of Books, the BIBLE, and the end of that choice is outlined in its verses. However, since you are not literate in its verse I will point out your GRAVE ERROR in your post. The Bible does not contain just "some" truth - there is NOT a single "half truth", or lie in the book. All is laid bare, including the sins and "humanity" of it writers.

In the Book, Jesus states "I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE NO MAN (or woman) comes unto the Father except by me". You can believe only a few things here; that Jesus is crazy, that he is a liar, or that he is telling the truth (this then, demands a response from you).

I would suggest you consider all three possibilities of the question. The TRUTH will set you free!

THERE IS ABSOLUTE TRUTH, NO MATTER WHAT YOU WANT TO BELIEVE!

p.s. There are not other books with parts of the truth that we all end up putting together like a great jigsaw puzzle - mankind has been trying that for thousands of years, and the end of that is we contrive our own existence. What is good for you is what you want to be good for you. (Relativism). Then, the cannibals of New Guinea are just as right as say, Robin Hood. I can steal from you, if it seems right to me. I can kill you if I don't like how you look!I can take your wife, as I like her better (or, in addition to, my wife).

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

The fact is that nightk is always full of shart. Does anyone here remember his past statements? He believes that all rumors have a grain of truth. He thinks that Okie is telling the truth but things change. So Okie is okay? What a freakin joke. Bash away DV!

I am aghast to see this kind of mutual disrespect - especially when BOTH sides are operating on belief systems neither can prove. I believe life on the earth developed through the process of evolution, but I cannot prove this was so. I can point to evidence I feel is conclusive, but my fundamentalist friends (and I DO mean friends) feel they can do the same. The truth is, without time travel, no real proof is possible. Hey, maybe evolution was invented by God as a tool to get the job done?

The right to our own religious beliefs is one of the characteristics of our society that sets us apart. I consider theistic beliefs to be private, but clearly most people wish them to be a shared experience - thus houses of worship found everywhere.

I happen to be an atheist, but I will defend to the death anyone's right to practice their beliefs (as long as this does not harm others or deny them their own human rights). I recognize the rest of mankind as my brothers and sisters, regardless of there beliefs. Families squabble, but if mankind were more of a family, peace would become the norm, not the exception.

It is unfair to ask our fellow DinarVet voyagers who endeavor to infuse their belief systems into every aspect of their daily lives to censor their posts to exclude these beliefs. At the same time, since this is not a theological site, it is inappropriate for anyone to preach their particular belief system, whichever side they are on.

The hard part is identifying what constitutes "preaching." I cannot define it easily - you must each decide why you are thinking of including this kind of content: because it is the way you talk, or because you hope to affect someone elses belief. The first is you talking, the second is you preaching. If everyone at least attempts to follow this simple rule, we might be able to restrict the squabbling to the validity of rumors and the meaning of news articles.

Sermon Finished:lol:

Peace, Harmony and Prosperity

Edited by Off-the-grid
  • Upvote 1

Thanks RIDE. It's cool to get affirmation that someone actually reads any of my comments, let alone feels they have any merit.:) Finding these forums has really changed my opinion about social media. I truly don't get facebook - I mean, who cares what the frig you are having for breakfast?! Temples of self adulation.

But DinarVets has, for the most part, exponentially increased my knowledge about this investment, and helped me to maintain my sanity. I just shared a little of said knowledge with my best friend, who is beyond conservative. He started with "Oh for cryin'out loud" (not literally, but you know), but ended with maybe he would look into it.

Now, if I could just stay away from the Chats and Rumors sections. :lol:

Peace and Prosperity