Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

5th 3rd bank is not selling dinar as usual

joanwilder

;) I went to my 5TH 3RD Bank in Knoxville Tn today and was told I can no longer purchase dinar or any

other currency unless I show and prove I will be going to that country in the near future.

They said this is the new policy for all the currency exchanges that they will be doing.

They are the most reasonable place to purchase circulated dinar that I have found in this area.

I was so disappointed and it crazy. Anyone else having this issue? :unsure::blink:

• Upvote 4

;) I went to my 5TH 3RD Bank in Knoxville Tn today and was told I can no longer purchase dinar or any

other currency unless I show and prove I will be going to that country in the near future.

They said this is the new policy for all the currency exchanges that they will be doing.

They are the most reasonable place to purchase circulated dinar that I have found in this area.

I was so disappointed and it crazy. Anyone else having this issue? :unsure::blink:

how do you prove " the near future " ? :blink::blink:

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

how do you prove " the near future " ? :blink: :blink:

I plussed you, don't know why you got a negative....

They told me I would have to show an itinerary and reservations, tickets etc. :(

:blink::o So, what you are suppose to buy a ticket just to buy Dinar?! They need to stop the madness and should have just told you that it's about to RV :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, I am not a lawyer so I have no reason to say this, but for some reason it just strikes me that they cannot legally refuse to sell you something they are "regulated" to sell to the public, unless that regulation ... meaning the government oversight ... specifically states that you must prove an upcoming visit to the country for which you wish to buy currency.

I do know that someone in business for themselves can refuse to service or sell to someone for any reason and then if they are taken to court they can come up with some "valid" reason and not end up paying through the nose for insulting someone. But when it comes to a bank, where every move they make is according to some regulation, from hours of operation to employee background checks to range of interest allowed on certain financial services ... just refusing to sell to someone without a regulation or rule saying so, that just isn't right. I cannot even find the words to explain why it is wrong. Maybe if I think on it for a while.

Perhaps we have some bankers in the crowd who would know? I hope so.

I can think of reasons why on any given day they may not have the product to sell, but to just flat out across the board refuse without proofe of travel ... nope, does not compute!

smee2

maybe they know that the 3 month hype and hysteria " hurry up and buy more " is over :

like back during the holidays when all dinar sellars had delays on shipping :

5 months on this ride--i have enough--not buying anymore--pumper lies do not affect me: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Our 5/3 in St Pete said they're "considering" not selling dinar in the near future. I think it's bs, because 1 branch isn't going to do something different than the other, especially when it comes to foreign currency. Just waiting for the coaster to stop! :D

One thing about 5/3 is it depends on where your at. Not all stopped selling them. The 5/3 I buy from has never stopped. BUT when you do buy them it is stated on your receipt (you sign) that they sell foreign currency for those who travel abroad and they do not sell it for investment purposes. So in that aspect, maybe someone is finally catching on that no one is traveling to Iraq!! lol

I bought my dinar in Louisville KY about three months ago and I had to play like I was goin to Iraq or they were not goin to sell me any dinar. They took my word on that. I'm now ready to wake up and here that it RV!!! :D

Edited by Dwall502

One thing about 5/3 is it depends on where your at. Not all stopped selling them. The 5/3 I buy from has never stopped. BUT when you do buy them it is stated on your receipt (you sign) that they sell foreign currency for those who travel abroad and they do not sell it for investment purposes. So in that aspect, maybe someone is finally catching on that no one is traveling to Iraq!! lol

My experience here in Michigan has been varied, from branch to branch in the same town, as well as different between branches 30 miles apart. There seems to be no real rules or consistency amongst branches, and in the first 5/3 I went to, the manager tried heavily to sway/persuade me not to buy it, and touted it as a "scam"...to which I told her she could save her "opinion", and either they would sell it to a customer, or not.

I have in past had a branch tell me they won't sell it, or don't sell it...and gone literally within 5 miles across town to a different branch moments later and been able to buy it.

My guess would be just try a different branch.

• Upvote 1