Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

WHAT IS REALLY STOPPING THE "RV"

dinardarius

investorman, on 18 March 2011 - 05:18 PM, said: And what price do we put on the 4,000+ military people who gave their lives for YOUR new freedom???

BANE said.

I don't know. As long as I get paid a $3.00 RV.

I can't believe I read this on this site. I would give up this entire investment if it would have saved one of them. Since it won't let me give him a negative, I will just say flat out that his priorities are in the wrong place. If he puts that kind of value on money, I pity him.

• Upvote 6

I want the RV as much as anybody, however the EGO of the ME people is what I believe to be the reason for the delay.

When I was young I lived in Iran as a little boy, an american living in Iran back in the 50's, after moving back to the USA for good I learned of the ME EGO from my DAD & MOM, so with what I learn from them both is that they will let you cut off their hand to get what they want. Even though the RV will help all of their people along with the others (investors) they want what they want!

HERE is what they want, like it or not. Untill they get what is written below I believe we wont see an RV!

BAGHDAD (Reuters) – Iraq's capital wants the United States to apologize and pay $1 billion for the damage done to the city not by

bombs but by blast walls and Humvees since the U.S.-led invasion that toppled Saddam Hussein.

The city's government issued its demands in a statement on Wednesday that said Baghdad's infrastructure and aesthetics have

been seriously damaged by the American military.

"The U.S. forces changed this beautiful city to a camp in an ugly and destructive way, which reflected deliberate ignorance and

carelessness about the simplest forms of public taste," the statement said.

"Due to the huge damage, leading to a loss the Baghdad municipality cannot afford...we demand the American side apologize to

Baghdad's people and pay back these expenses."

The statement made no mention of damage caused by bombing.

Baghdad's neighborhoods have been sealed off by miles of concrete blast walls, transforming the city into a tangled maze that

contributes to massive traffic jams. Despite a sharp reduction in overall violence in recent years only 5 percent of the walls have

been removed, officials said.

The heavy blast walls have damaged sewer and water systems, pavement and parks, said Hakeem Abdul Zahra, the city

spokesman.

U.S. military Humvees, driven on street medians and through gardens, have also caused major damage, he said.

"The city of Baghdad feels these violations, which have taken place for years, have caused economic and moral damage," he said

U.S. troops pulled out of Iraq's cities in June 2009 before formally ending combat operations last August. Around 50,000 remain

in Iraq but they are scheduled to withdraw by year end.

Baghdad is badly in need of a facelift. Electricity and trash collection are sporadic, streets are potholed and sewage treatment

plants and pipes have not been renovated for years.

Iraq has seen growing protests in recent weeks over poor government services.

Zahra said the city's statement issued on Wednesday would be the start of its measures to get the United States to pay for

damages but he did not say what other steps might be taken.

(Reporting and writing by Aseel Kami; Editing by Jim Loney)

THE EGO WILL ALSO MAKE THE RV BE AT LEAST $1.00 USD when the time comes. Some news and my opinion. :tiphat:

You can't put a price tag on Freedom. Unfortunately our soldiers have paid and still paying for it dearly all for the benefit of their own liberation not ours. There are a list of things that the US has done and contiues to do to help Iraq. I know because I am physically working here witnessing everything. For goodness sake we have employed and trained a good percentage of the Iraqi citizens. With that being said, I would say they owe us.

• Upvote 4

And what about what we did to Japan! We nuked em! Not once but twice! And it was cities! Civilians! Not military targets!

End Quote

Nothing much to add to that you just stated.....You described this part correctly...It was a horrible thing period......I'd like to hear the viewpoint of the Christians here on this. ....Killing how many? 500,000 in a few minutes/hours? With consequences going on for decades? Hard to justificate.But of course War lords always get creative when it comes to justifying their stuff.

• Downvote 1

I went on line to see and read the words of "Aseel Kami". First off, he is a journalist and a war correspondent who has put himself in the line of fire to get news out to the world. I have a site that shows some of his many articles, never in the first person, never giving an opinion, and nothing about blaming or bashing other countries. His articles are based on opinions from what he sees and the people he is interacting with. If he said anything about the US being asked for money, I couldn't find an article. Just goes to show how one reacts before knowing the" rest of the story".

http://blogs.reuters.com/aseel-kami/

There are a lot of sensitive issues, especially religious ones in Iraq, and if anything is holding up the RV, it is the government taking baby steps in order to do what is in the best interest of "all" their people. I don't think money is a high priority right now, not in a country where people are just "existing" from one day to the next. Just look at how a few of us handle a post from someone who brings religion into the forum...now imagine a country where religious wars are fought everyday. I wish more than anything that an RV happens soon...but if it doesn't, then I will store my dinar in a safe place and hope that when it does, that everyone involved, especially the Iraqi people get to enjoy the benefits.

I BELIEVE THIS POST TO BE TRUE BUT...IT REPRESENTS A PERCENTAGE OF THE PEOPLE. LIKE OTHER ANSWERS LISTED HEREIN - WE CAME IN AND LIBERATED IRAQ, WE HAVE 4492 DEAD SOLDIERS AND HOW MANY CIVILIANS?

WHEN WAR HITS ALL IS OPEN WARFARE - INCLUDING PRECIOUS LITTLE BAGHDAD! HOW ABOUT NYC AND 9-11! WHEN ARE YOU SENDING YOUR BILLION? angry.gif

THIS CLAIM IS CALLED: MILITARY GROSS MANUEVER DAMAGE! sad.gif

IT'S A WAR IRAQI'S - YOU WANT NEW FLOWERS FOR YOUR GARDEN? GO TO THE NEW LOWES AND HOME DEPOT WE WILL OPEN THERE!

YOU SHOULD SEE WHAT WAR (NOT JUST USA (PAY ME A BILLION) DID TO VIET NAM! angry.gif

THE USA HAS PAID IN MORE WAYS THE ONE...AND WE WILL CONTINUE TO PAY TO MAKE THEIR LIVES BETTER! AND RV WOULD HELP! BUT TO DEMAND A BILLION...ITS A SMALL PERCENTAGE OF LOCAL BAR DUDES TALKING SMACK!cool.gif

OH - I FORGOT THE BIG ANSWER...

APOLOGIZE....APOLOGIZE? WTF - FOR FREEING YOUR COUNTRY? angry.gif NEVER!

• Upvote 5

In the name of all the American people i truly apologize for al the damage done to all the streets and and parks in Bahgdad , we were just trying to make it look like one of our citys (Detrioit , Chicago, Cleveland). Well now were good right.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Deepseadinar, you are right of course. I am sure fingers are pointed at us, they always are, the 'rich Americans!" With a percentage of people in a country where there are billions, I am sure some feel that way, not sure the majority does. I have seen the devastation to Vietnam, there was more destruction to people's lives than just the topography of their lands. This kind of devastation can never be fixed...I have a brother who relives the Vietnam war every day. War is indeed "hell on Earth". No apologies, no submissions, we did our duty, let's leave it at that....here are the keys to your cities, mend what needs mending first, be thankful that you have a country that is no longer ruled by a dictator and terrorists. We paid a high price with the blood of our soldiers who stood watch so that you could live under a flag of freedom, we taught you that freedom is as precious as the air we breathe, a thank you would suffice.

• Upvote 1

I think that we complicate this issue more then is necessary.....its probly just as simple as they aren't ready yet....still need to finish reforming the banking system to handle all this....and as of now just like the article the other day pointed out, everything is stable where it is....

• Downvote 2

Well this "demand" isn't a shocker to me at all, I've been expecting this to be for a very long time now...

Seriously can any of you really and truly blame them?!?

If a foreign country came into the USA in an effort to help topple the corrupt government and did such a thing to Washington D.C., we'd be in an uproar over the destruction done the nation's capital and regardless of how many of that foreign country's soldiers gave their own lives to free us, we'd still make a big stink about the deplorable condition they left the city in once they pulled out...

Besides, it's closing in on 10 years now since 9/11 and no Osama bin Laden(still don't see how Saddam Hussein spells or even remotely sounds like Osama bin Laden, but eh I'm not the one with the extensive resumés of school(s) attended and position(s) held within the USA and abroad) in custody...

He's just been left to roam the Middle Eastern-Asian countryside, and whenever he feels like it, he's allowed to release his latest set of T90X audio and video tapes to the world...

Yeah, I want the RI/RV to happen too, sure, this very well could be a stall tactic on the Republic of Iraq's part, but come on now, fair is fair...

Just saying...

Can't change why we are there. Now there is a mess to clean up. I believe that post RV a billion one way or the other is not going to matter. This war has been sad for both sides. It's about time for some good. The RV will be good for all. GO RV!!!

Some people speak as though the US is always looking for a fight? I just heard today on the news from a Texas Congressman that stated the US is overly generous! He kindly pointed out that the US currently provides financial assistance or compensation to 158 countries around the globe! The US often plays the leading role in most world affairs, I suppose that is just assumed do to our military might. Recently in Libya I almost dropped flat on the floor when I heard that the French and the Arab League were heading up the No Fly zone! As is typical with all UN sanctions or security bills it is VERY vague If left solely to the UN I dare say many of us would have been dead and gone along time ago, I'm just waiting for the point where this Libya conflict reaches the point where the UN and the French and many others say: Oh SH$T! Whoes going in on the ground? Someone has to? You cannot leave that nut in charge and expect him to shrug this off and forgive and forget? Can you? While we ponder that lets not forget that the US currently is involved in IRAQ, Afghanistan, Philippines, Japan, Africa, Bosnia, S. Korea now Libya and in many other parts of the world we stand as the thin line. Who's going to deal with Iran? at some point that one will surface, How bout N. Korea? No I suspect that very real changes in US policy will evolve soon along with the Welfare checks we cut to many countries in the world that HATE us but gladly take our handout. The world will have to become more independent and countries will have to begin pairing up within regions to deal with their problems. Our days of being the world nice guys or police whichever you prefer are numbered. I have to say if I thought for one instant that MY 20million Dinars would bring one of our kids back or even home in one piece I would gladly part with it! Do not doubt that for an instant PLEASE! Lastly it would be a cold day in HELL before I apologized to ANY NATION for WHICH THE US HAS ENGAGED! We paid our dues throughout the 20th Century and even further back. Anyone sitting in the USA ashamed of this country and what she stands for, go to another country that will allow you to spew your crap. Peace.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

And what is the price per dead civilian estimated at more than 60,000 according to WikiLeaks.? Attacking a sovereign nation with no WMD's was a bad idea. The people asking the US for $$$$ to rebuild is not unreasonable IMO. I really feel bad for the 4900 dead servicemen who had no clue as to what they were fighting for.Sad sad sad.

well then give up your a/c and your cars and your grocieries and your toliet paper and your debit card and your family and your job and go over there and live with them and like then and you feal sorry for our dead service members. Please

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I would like to add this note of what brought me to make this post. The last three seats to finish forming the government could have been done over a month ago if not for the reason that the PM is waiting for ??? So after much wondering and the news about the need for an apology from THE USA and money. That is where the EGO factor came in. Also the post I read from someone about two weeks ago about a carrot in fron of our face or something like that.

If they wanted to complete the government today they could if - if it were not for something? :huh: If not that then WHAT? Really!!

GO FISH

GO RV :wave:

• Upvote 1

Some people speak as though the US is always looking for a fight? I just heard today on the news from a Texas Congressman that stated the US is overly generous! He kindly pointed out that the US currently provides financial assistance or compensation to 158 countries around the globe! The US often plays the leading role in most world affairs, I suppose that is just assumed do to our military might. Recently in Libya I almost dropped flat on the floor when I heard that the French and the Arab League were heading up the No Fly zone! As is typical with all UN sanctions or security bills it is VERY vague If left solely to the UN I dare say many of us would have been dead and gone along time ago, I'm just waiting for the point where this Libya conflict reaches the point where the UN and the French and many others say: Oh SH$T! Whoes going in on the ground? Someone has to? You cannot leave that nut in charge and expect him to shrug this off and forgive and forget? Can you? While we ponder that lets not forget that the US currently is involved in IRAQ, Afghanistan, Philippines, Japan, Africa, Bosnia, S. Korea now Libya and in many other parts of the world we stand as the thin line. Who's going to deal with Iran? at some point that one will surface, How bout N. Korea? No I suspect that very real changes in US policy will evolve soon along with the Welfare checks we cut to many countries in the world that HATE us but gladly take our handout. The world will have to become more independent and countries will have to begin pairing up within regions to deal with their problems. Our days of being the world nice guys or police whichever you prefer are numbered. I have to say if I thought for one instant that MY 20million Dinars would bring one of our kids back or even home in one piece I would gladly part with it! Do not doubt that for an instant PLEASE! Lastly it would be a cold day in HELL before I apologized to ANY NATION for WHICH THE US HAS ENGAGED! We paid our dues throughout the 20th Century and even further back. Anyone sitting in the USA ashamed of this country and what she stands for, go to another country that will allow you to spew your crap. Peace.

I co-sign good post

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Having sat face-to-face with the mother of a pilot who was shot down during Gulf War I, I can tell you that I know firsthand the price our warriors and their families paid, and still pay, to keep others free. I am deeply insulted at this outrageous demand by the ingrates who constitute the Iraqi government. Like other posters here, I would give up ALL my Dinar for the sake of a few less lives lost. Blame who you will, but let us NOT disrespect those who gave their all so that we can have the freedom debate this issue on this forum tonight. JMO.

• Upvote 4

The answer to the question "what is keeping this RV from happening?" is the seating of the Parliament in it's entirety. This delay, a power struggle, appears to have to be complete by Shabbibi prior to the RV. It has been postponed and postponed, just as the RV. For whatever reason, it is the missing link. Many large investors, not any Guru followers or chat room folks, were looking at an RV right before Christmas, several days following the proposed December 21, 2010 vote for the remaining 3 members. Since then, there has been nothing but delays. Look for closure on this, and a subsequent RV to follow.

• Upvote 1

The price a serviceman pays for the freedom of America is one thing. Dying for the freedom of someone else in another country, is another. I refer you to the battle of Fallujah(spelling? ?)Kids from the USA dying for Iraqis right to vote in an election.Awful.Heartbreaking and not worth it. IMO.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Well, you must know that I do not think the USA should pay anything to the Iraq gov. not an apology or a single dollar. The Iraqies should pay billions to our service men and their families. My family members have fought in every war sence 1775 to make this country great. One of my nephews is afganistan taking out road side bombers, GOD bless him and the rest of you doing your part to keep the war over there insted of here.

The people of Iraq that have died sence the war started died at least hoping for freedom, the people of Iraq that died before that died just because of a dictator!

THE Iraqies think because of Obama apologized and bowing down to other leaders, they will git him to apologize and bend over for them and of corse the money.

I don't see any other reason yet for the delay of the seating and compleating the GOV. Do you? :huh: GORV :D

Edited by dinardarius