Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

WHAT IS REALLY STOPPING THE "RV"

dinardarius

I want the RV as much as anybody, however the EGO of the ME people is what I believe to be the reason for the delay.

When I was young I lived in Iran as a little boy, an american living in Iran back in the 50's, after moving back to the USA for good I learned of the ME EGO from my DAD & MOM, so with what I learn from them both is that they will let you cut off their hand to get what they want. Even though the RV will help all of their people along with the others (investors) they want what they want!

HERE is what they want, like it or not. Untill they get what is written below I believe we wont see an RV!

BAGHDAD (Reuters) – Iraq's capital wants the United States to apologize and pay $1 billion for the damage done to the city not by

bombs but by blast walls and Humvees since the U.S.-led invasion that toppled Saddam Hussein.

The city's government issued its demands in a statement on Wednesday that said Baghdad's infrastructure and aesthetics have

been seriously damaged by the American military.

"The U.S. forces changed this beautiful city to a camp in an ugly and destructive way, which reflected deliberate ignorance and

carelessness about the simplest forms of public taste," the statement said.

"Due to the huge damage, leading to a loss the Baghdad municipality cannot afford...we demand the American side apologize to

Baghdad's people and pay back these expenses."

The statement made no mention of damage caused by bombing.

Baghdad's neighborhoods have been sealed off by miles of concrete blast walls, transforming the city into a tangled maze that

contributes to massive traffic jams. Despite a sharp reduction in overall violence in recent years only 5 percent of the walls have

been removed, officials said.

The heavy blast walls have damaged sewer and water systems, pavement and parks, said Hakeem Abdul Zahra, the city

spokesman.

U.S. military Humvees, driven on street medians and through gardens, have also caused major damage, he said.

"The city of Baghdad feels these violations, which have taken place for years, have caused economic and moral damage," he said

U.S. troops pulled out of Iraq's cities in June 2009 before formally ending combat operations last August. Around 50,000 remain

in Iraq but they are scheduled to withdraw by year end.

Baghdad is badly in need of a facelift. Electricity and trash collection are sporadic, streets are potholed and sewage treatment

plants and pipes have not been renovated for years.

Iraq has seen growing protests in recent weeks over poor government services.

Zahra said the city's statement issued on Wednesday would be the start of its measures to get the United States to pay for

damages but he did not say what other steps might be taken.

(Reporting and writing by Aseel Kami; Editing by Jim Loney)

THE EGO WILL ALSO MAKE THE RV BE AT LEAST $1.00 USD when the time comes. Some news and my opinion. :tiphat:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Well this "demand" isn't a shocker to me at all, I've been expecting this to be for a very long time now...

Seriously can any of you really and truly blame them?!?

If a foreign country came into the USA in an effort to help topple the corrupt government and did such a thing to Washington D.C., we'd be in an uproar over the destruction done the nation's capital and regardless of how many of that foreign country's soldiers gave their own lives to free us, we'd still make a big stink about the deplorable condition they left the city in once they pulled out...

Besides, it's closing in on 10 years now since 9/11 and no Osama bin Laden(still don't see how Saddam Hussein spells or even remotely sounds like Osama bin Laden, but eh I'm not the one with the extensive resumés of school(s) attended and position(s) held within the USA and abroad) in custody...

He's just been left to roam the Middle Eastern-Asian countryside, and whenever he feels like it, he's allowed to release his latest set of T90X audio and video tapes to the world...

Yeah, I want the RI/RV to happen too, sure, this very well could be a stall tactic on the Republic of Iraq's part, but come on now, fair is fair...

Just saying...

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 12

Want in one hand, ---- in the other.....

I don't see the U.S. just saying "Ok, here's a billion for ya"

Didnt the U.S. just pay Iraq's $21 billion debt to Kuwait? Or was it just bs...?

Whats a billion $ here and there between friends? :lol:

• Upvote 6

Well this "demand" isn't a shocker to me at all, I've been expecting this to be for a very long time now...

Seriously can any of you really and truly blame them?!?

If a foreign country came into the USA in an effort to help topple the corrupt government and did such a thing to Washington D.C., we'd be in an uproar over the destruction done the nation's capital and regardless of how many of that foreign country's soldiers gave their own lives to free us, we'd still make a big stink about the deplorable condition they left the city in once they pulled out...

Besides, it's closing in on 10 years now since 9/11 and no Osama bin Laden(still don't see how Saddam Hussein spells or even remotely sounds like Osama bin Laden, but eh I'm not the one with the extensive resumés of school(s) attended and position(s) held within the USA and abroad) in custody...

He's just been left to roam the Middle Eastern-Asian countryside, and whenever he feels like it, he's allowed to release his latest set of T90X audio and video tapes to the world...

Yeah, I want the RI/RV to happen too, sure, this very well could be a stall tactic on the Republic of Iraq's part, but come on now, fair is fair...

Just saying...

Gave you a plus to offset the neg someone gave you.

No matter the reasons right or wrong....we freed that country from a dictator, chased out most of the terrorist and spent probably a trillion dollars. Then add to it loss of our warriors life and limb.......and they want us to pay them??

If this is true I now know why they can't get their minds around the RV!!

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 3

Gave you a plus to offset the neg someone gave you.

No matter the reasons right or wrong....we freed that country from a dictator, chased out most of the terrorist and spent probably a trillion dollars. Then add to it loss of our warriors life and limb.......and they want us to pay them??

If this is true I now know why they can't get their minds around the RV!!

Yes, I know and understand all of that, but if the shoe were on the other foot, do you actually think we wouldn't do the very same too?!?

Seriously now, be honest...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Yes, I know and understand all of that, but if the shoe were on the other foot, do you actually think we wouldn't do the very same too?!?

Seriously now, be honest...

Tell me one time the shoe was ever on the other footm seriously! We go everywhere and give our tax dollars to everyone so I answer; No because it has never happened and probably won't in my lifetime

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I can't believe that Iraq is waiting for us to pay them...without our help they would still be at war, or worse, a country apart from the outside world. A lot of the damage was caused before the US went to the aid of their country...I say, send them seed, help them irrigate fields, lend them architects and builders to right any wrong that we may have done, but don't give one more cent of our money or our blood to fund making Iraq beautiful. That is not our responsibility...we fulfilled our part by stamping out a dictator and terrorists that have emotionally and spiritually wounded many people...I want an RV to happen just like the next person, but not at the cost of our self respect! There has got to be another reason for not having an RV by now, but I don't believe that it is in blackmailing us into submission.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Tell me one time the shoe was ever on the other footm seriously! We go everywhere and give our tax dollars to everyone so I answer; No because it has never happened and probably won't in my lifetime

That's why I wrote "if", read it again, it's in there...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

IF WE WERE THE RECIPIENT OF A FOREIGN COUNTRY KIKKING A DICTATOR FROM POWER LIKE WE DID FOR THEM WE WOULD BE MORE GRATEFUL OF THE DEED THAN TO WORRY ABOUT SMASHED PLANTS AND DEAD GRASS. WE KNOW A LITTLE FURTILIZER AND A SPRING DAY A LITTLE WORK AND WALLA WERE ALL PRETTY AGAIN . IF THEY ARE TO STUPID TO SEE WHAT WE DID FOR THEM AND THE SACRIFICE WE MADE TO DO IT F---- TEM AND THE ARABIAN HORSE THEY RODE IN ON . THEY NEED TO RV ASAP OR THEY WONT HAVE A COUNTRY TO HAVE AN RV IN . IF WE WERE TO PULL OR TROOPS ON OUT THEY WOULDN,T LAST EVEN AS LONG AS IT TAKES THEM TO VOTE IN A FULL GOV. i,m done................. go rv.....

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

This is all smoke and mirrors, nothing but publicity. There is no secret Iraqi RV taking place, where the US is not involved. Any damages that Iraq feels should be paid by the US during our assistance in helping a country, bullied by a dictator, form a Democracy, will be taken care of post RV, assuming there is any plan at all to revalue their currency.

• Upvote 4

Awwwweeee. Dude. Really. Did you go there. Really Iraq you want one billion in cash. Because we came in and saved your Iraq arse. Iraq You want one billion and an apology because your country hid sadam hussein for a month? REALLY? Sorry jack I want a billion for every service US service member that lost there life so that you could be free to type on a computer. So that the Iraqi people could be free and hold demonstrations. So that the Iraqi people could live with out fear of a dictator ship. So that the Iraqi people could stage there demonstrations on facebook a web site developed by an American. I served this country proud and try and I will be honest with you. Whether you are right or wrong. I don't give two shats about Iraq. Never had and never will. When I bought the dinar I did not ask my self geez I wonder how I can help the poor Iraqi people!!!!! I asked myself, how can I get freaking rich. And so did half the people one this site but most are to scared to say it. Dud wake up you think the US give two squats about any of this its about MONEY.

• Upvote 8

Hey America, we really appreciate all you have done for our country. But, uh, one of the walls you built to help protect us all, did some damage that we feel you are responsible for, and even though you are not billing us for the use of your military and assistance in forming a democracy, could you please cover it?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

And what is the price per dead civilian estimated at more than 60,000 according to WikiLeaks.? Attacking a sovereign nation with no WMD's was a bad idea. The people asking the US for $$$$ to rebuild is not unreasonable IMO. I really feel bad for the 4900 dead servicemen who had no clue as to what they were fighting for.Sad sad sad.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 7

And what is the price per dead civilian estimated at more than 60,000 according to WikiLeaks.? Attacking a sovereign nation with no WMD's was a bad idea. The people asking the US for $$$$ to rebuild is not unreasonable IMO. I really feel bad for the 4900 dead servicemen who had no clue as to what they were fighting for.Sad sad sad.

Thank you... At least someone else here is indeed awake and honest...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

It's called Cultural Damage! If you want to win against a crazy Dictator your gona have to break a few eggs! France never said a thing about us Blowing the poop out of there towns, cities and countryside to get the Nazi's out of there country. They could not thank us enough when we liberated France! And when our B-17's by Day, And England’s Lancaster’s by night got through with Germany! There was not much left but the German soldgers and civilians thanked all the allied troops for finely getting Hitler! I don’t remember any of the country’s in Europe asking the US to pay for anything! We gave them SO much just through the lend leas program in airplane’s, armor, and tons of equipment before we even got into the WAR! Even the plans and equipment we sent to Russia so they could fight back! I never here about them asking anyone to help rebuild Stalingrad! And when they drove the Germans out, I don’t think there was two boards nailed together Anywhere in the ruble that was Stalingrad!

And what about what we did to Japan! We nuked em! Not once but twice! And it was cities! Civilians! Not military targets! WAR is HECK but by doing that we saved countless American and Allied lives from being lost trying to take Japan by invasion! And even though we may have gone a little over board with the nukes? It took 50 years for us to pay some of the survivor’s family members that survived them 2 bombings! And after what they did to us in pearl! While talking peace in Washington! I still don't know if that was right or not! They killed a lot of civilians too on all the islands they overtook so it’s a draw! The thing is!! Don’t have WAR to start with! And don’t forget all the US Japanese and US Germans we put in concentration camps right here in and US, Well, we finally paid them or there decedents for the money and time they lost setting in a prison because we where so afraid they might be spies or the leading force of an invasion! :o We been doing pretty good by trying to stay out of others problems but when you got Crazy Dictators killing thousands of innocent people you gota do crazy things to put an end to it and unfortunately there is going to be some collateral damage! At least we have smart bombs and rockets now so we can hit military targets with a lot less collateral damage from carpet bombing etc!

Here's the thing, I have talked to a lot of people from Iraq both in friends in our proud military to friends that lived in Iraq and some that have family there, and I don't think I have ever heard hardly anyone say a negative word about what we did over there and I did hear a lot of thank you's all over the internet and the news etc.! Yeah sure someone who just lost a son, father, mother, wife in Iraq is going to be mad at anyone they see first that has a gun because they got to blame someone and that's understandable but by the vast majority I have not heard hardly anything negativity coming from Iraq about the US and what we did!

I read where we just helped rebuild one of there big land mark masks and several other things that the US military, probably the core of engineers is helping to patch up a lot of things and just last year Iraq came on our TV and said they would welcome any and all contractors and people that wanted to move to Iraq and help to build 5,000 new homes! And anyone that did would not have to pay any income or property TAXS for 10 years! Now that don't sound like any one in Iraq saying we owe them money! There willing to pay anyone that will come help them rebuild, Top dollar and no tax’s to boot! So Yeah I write this up to someone in a government job trying to get his name around Iraq and saying we owe them money! Until I see that on the 5:00 O-Clock news I ant going for it! :lol:

Well that's it, think what you will but I'll go with a publicity stunt until I see proof to the contrary..

Take Care, Have Fun! God Bless.. GO GO GO RV!!! Merlin...

• Upvote 1