Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dave Ramsey

Dave Ramsey is no 'guru'.

Its simple, don't spend what you don't have.emot-questioned.gif

He tugs at heart strings with "your grandma did it this way story."

He is acting on an over-bloated, non-thinking society that 'needs guidance' to carry on with their daily lives. GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!!!!!th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

• Upvote 1

I have attended Financial Peace University. I will forever be grateful for Dave opening my eyes to credit and looking further into the banks and how they operate. I started growing more and more angry at the banks and how they manipulate and steal from people through coercion and how the banks pumped the mortgage industry and then pulled the rug on it, knowing darn well they were giving Mcloans to people who couldn't really afford it. We can also thank Pres. Clinton for that, of course this was all by design from the bankers.

The beef I have with Dave Ramsey is he is DEAD WRONG about gold and silver. I could have purchased silver in 2006 and tripled my money by now!! Did the stock market or mutual funds do that? NO!!!! I am beginning to feel that Dave is a paid shill to sound good, make you feel good, but give enough truth to give plausible deniability. Sort of like Glenn Beck.

Dave says to look at the track record for mutual funds over the last 5 years at least. Well, Gold and silver have gone up over 400 and 500% respectively!!! Actually I don't know the exact numbers but they have beaten the stock market HANDS DOWN over the last ten years.

I also was spurred on to study more about the Federal Reserve System and Austrian vs Keynsian economics. This lead me to study Dr. Ron Paul's teachings and what he has been saying for 30 years. Sorry Dave Ramsey, but your financial advice will end up hurting people BIG TIME if they do not at least get some gold and silver. My opinion based on thousands of years of economics.

• Upvote 1

I too have taken Financial Peace University classes. Dave Ramsey is wise for sure. He stated directly that he was against investing in the Dinar. It is too risky for him. However, I have a financial advisor that recommends 7% of your portfolio being put into risky investments. This does NOT mean to put 7% of your portfolio into dinar, but in risky investments total. I wouldn't recommend putting all your eggs in this one basket.

I have attended Financial Peace University. I will forever be grateful for Dave opening my eyes to credit and looking further into the banks and how they operate. I started growing more and more angry at the banks and how they manipulate and steal from people through coercion and how the banks pumped the mortgage industry and then pulled the rug on it, knowing darn well they were giving Mcloans to people who couldn't really afford it. We can also thank Pres. Clinton for that, of course this was all by design from the bankers.

The beef I have with Dave Ramsey is he is DEAD WRONG about gold and silver. I could have purchased silver in 2006 and tripled my money by now!! Did the stock market or mutual funds do that? NO!!!! I am beginning to feel that Dave is a paid shill to sound good, make you feel good, but give enough truth to give plausible deniability. Sort of like Glenn Beck.

Dave says to look at the track record for mutual funds over the last 5 years at least. Well, Gold and silver have gone up over 400 and 500% respectively!!! Actually I don't know the exact numbers but they have beaten the stock market HANDS DOWN over the last ten years.

I also was spurred on to study more about the Federal Reserve System and Austrian vs Keynsian economics. This lead me to study Dr. Ron Paul's teachings and what he has been saying for 30 years. Sorry Dave Ramsey, but your financial advice will end up hurting people BIG TIME if they do not at least get some gold and silver. My opinion based on thousands of years of economics.

HOWEVER, gold and silver can drop as fast as it went up. Dave Ramsey looks at the long term growth, over a life time.

• 3 months later...

I think the reason Dave says to stay away from dinar is because it is considered to be speculative. The dinar has no ranking on Forex, and it isn't yet a recognized world currency, other than in Iraq, itself, and perhaps in the UST. WE believe it will RV and become worth a great deal of money and will be listed on Forex, and we have all explored this enough that we call it an investment, which Dave probably wouldn't do, and we know enough about it to believe there is a very good chance that it will make us a lot of money. But someone like Dave, who is not into what he thinks are highly speculative, outside-the-box ventures, most likely wouldn't recommend it.

• 4 weeks later...

As a financial planner for over 15 years I have run across people that live by Dave's theories. I have studied the types of recommendations that he makes and have come to the conclusion there is not a blanket solution for the masses. In fact, many of his theories are exactly that...THEORIES and once investigated and calculated in the real world ((the place most of us live not in our minds)) most of them cannot be validated. Keep in mind how Dave makes his money...selling books and his program. Like anything, don't take one persons word for it without understanding it yourself. Get wisdom, get knowledge, but in all your getting get understanding.

Be Blessed

Well, I'm getting the impression that Dave Ramsey is NOT the person to talk to after all. Apparently he's somewhat specialized. THANKS EVERYBODY!

I would tend to agree with you, helping people get out of debt is what got Dave to where he is. Investing would be more of a sideline... and this is where many don't always agree with him. He is a great guy though... like others, I don't always agree with him, but wow... look at what he has done to help so many people out of debt. tip_hat.gif

I want to add one thing Dave does that a lot of folks don't know about. He "pays his employees to donate 5 days of work a year to the charity of their choice"... how many boss's do you know that do that? th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

Edited by RodandStaff

I want to add one thing Dave does that a lot of folks don't know about. He "pays his employees to donate 5 days of work a year to the charity of their choice"... how many boss's do you know that do that? th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

A friend of mine was being hired by a company several years ago and got a similar deal worked out. After working out his salary, vacation and benefits. He said, "I've read that you company donates X dollars a year to various charities ..... I'm a scoutmaster and spend a week each summer at camp and I would like that as an EXTRA paid week off. They said, "That will be fine". Never hurts to ask.

• Upvote 1

I have taken one of his classes and attended a seminar. One of his big things is "Can you afford it?" And it goes down to your morning cup of coffee, if you can't afford to pay for it, then don't drink it. I think he would have the same ideas about this investment, Can you afford it? If it is taking money away from your other responsibilities, then he would say no way, but if you can afford to invest the money, then I don't see why he would be against it. His BIGGEST thing is Debt, he hates debt and wants everyone to stay away from it, so he wouldn't support your investment if it caused you to go into debt to cover up what you spent. JMO

I read somewhere that the main reason he told people to shun this investment is because Iraqi dinar isn't even a real currency since it is not spendable outside of Iraq. It is "real" only in iraq until it RVs and becomes available to currency investors. So to Ramsey, it is probably like Monopoly money.

• 2 months later...

As an old over-the-road trucker, I've listened to many hours of Dave Ramsey and found his advice to be common sense and in tune with the average person's finances. I've searched his site for anything on the Dinar...but I really don't think Dave would approve, somehow (maybe I'm wrong). He is conservative in his views, but I can't help but wonder if ole Dave would have a word or two that might apply to our post-RV "problem".

I've taken much of Dave's advice "free" over the years, but he isn't as flashy or prestigious as some of the law firms that people are being corralled into at other sites. Any mention of Dave Ramsey is excised quickly over there, so that tells me who that website is devoted to...and why.

I'm wondering if anyone here has taken any of Dave Ramsey's "Financial Peace University" classes or seminars? I know he has information for investing, business, retirement...even bankruptcy...but I've never been able to attend one. Is Dave really as earnest as he comes across on the radio?

My link

I have followed Dave for many years and find him right on target. He does not approve of the Dinar and I have heard him speak against it several times. I have decided to go ahead with the Dinar anyway because I believe it will re-value.

It's no different than many of the bankers that call the dinar a scam...does anyone realize how much chaos it would cause, if ANY Financial Advisor or Accredited Financial Institution, were to give the thumbs up on the dinar...just as an example...it might would have as much impact as a new service station in town opening up and selling gas at a dollar per gallon...can anyone see where all of this would go...literally?...think about this...whether these guys are paid to not mention this, or whether some of them have strict orders to keep quiet...or if they are just plain ignorant...who knows...but I can actually see where it could turn into a literal hell with rippling effects, that might would even cause the investment to never work...as everything has a balance...even every stock, all gold and silver, etc...things are shorted and went long on, as well as markets are manipulated...when Bear Stearns, Leahman Brothers, Worldcom, Enron and others tanked...pretty much up until they were exposed...they continued to claim to be safe investments...and many accredited professionals approved of the same...I wonder what Dave Ramsey would have advised the janitors and lawncare folks to do, that worked for Bill Gates, when he opened Microsoft...whereby most banks and major financiers would'nt finance Gates or touch him...but those small guys who did...some of those later made millions I'm told...biblically speaking, God mentions the talents, and even rewarded those who took risks and did'nt just bury it all in a hole...Dave has helped a lot of people from what I understand, but this is a horse of a different color, than comparing it to his primary specialty of just "getting people out of debt"...in this dinar venture, we are speculators....but are we not speculators and taking risks, everytime we open a business, or take a job not knowing when we may get laid off, or everytime we crank our car and drive a few miles...we are at the mercy of what maybe a thousand others may or may not do, that can effect our lives...sometimes forever!...sometimes we have to step out in some areas, that's all I'm saying....whether it be your gut feelings, your prayerful considerations in ventures, or even what I call "follow the money"...and it does'nt have to be dinars neccesarily...For what it's worth...

Well, I'm getting the impression that Dave Ramsey is NOT the person to talk to after all. Apparently he's somewhat specialized. THANKS EVERYBODY!

I've taken Financial Peace University. Dave would advise anyone with this type of "wealth" to:

Tithe

Pay off all your debt (and don't ever get into it again)

Pay cash for everything

Invest in growth oriented mutual funds

I agree that FPU should be required ciriculum for ALL high school seniors. We wouldn't be in the world of hurt we're in now if his ideas were followed.

Mak63

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As an old over-the-road trucker, I've listened to many hours of Dave Ramsey and found his advice to be common sense and in tune with the average person's finances. I've searched his site for anything on the Dinar...but I really don't think Dave would approve, somehow (maybe I'm wrong). He is conservative in his views, but I can't help but wonder if ole Dave would have a word or two that might apply to our post-RV "problem".

I've taken much of Dave's advice "free" over the years, but he isn't as flashy or prestigious as some of the law firms that people are being corralled into at other sites. Any mention of Dave Ramsey is excised quickly over there, so that tells me who that website is devoted to...and why.

I'm wondering if anyone here has taken any of Dave Ramsey's "Financial Peace University" classes or seminars? I know he has information for investing, business, retirement...even bankruptcy...but I've never been able to attend one. Is Dave really as earnest as he comes across on the radio?

My link

My sister took his class first at her church, got out of debt by following his plan. Two and a half years later she attended his university in TN and she is now a financial advisor helping many get out of debt. We just had her come down from NY and she did a financial seminar class at our church. So I believe if you are in debt and looking for a way out besides bankruptcy his advise works if followed. 'My opinion'!!

Edited by SGD

Dave is great at what he specializes in, getting people out of being dependent on credit and living within their means, learning to live on a budget, ect...

However investing is not his area of expertise. While mutual funds have historically proven fairly good forms of investment over the years Dave hasn't taken in to account the end of America as we know it and the collapse of the financial system like what is happening in many countries now and where the USD is headed because of its reckless fiscal policies for years from Washington.

When the bottom falls out of the stock market mutual funds tank with everything else. Things can no longer be considered business as usual.

GP

• Upvote 1