Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Why you may see a 3 dollar RV

tjmunson

You took the words right out of my mouth! While I have to respect any well thought out opinion, I don't have to respect the mouth it comes out of and unfortunately keep comes off as a smug little kid, believing he has all the answers, regarding everyone who disagrees as "stupid" (not to mention the fact that the need to attack people at all when stating ones opinion is a strong sign of immaturity), and just basically displaying a general inability to conduct himself as an adult. Respect must be earned and the best way to do that is by respecting others, especially those who believe differently than you!

I agree, nothing makes a person lose respect for someone more than a smug, Beastie Boy wanna be smugness that they should have left to the pros on Jersey Shore. And can someone explain to me how sitting on the couch playing Call of Duty or Black Ops all day makes someone a Foreign Currency expert?

I have always been a firm believer that a true professional does not mind a little friendly banter or debate and can do so without resorting to condescending or ignoring the question that poke holes in their theory. As soon as you see that, usually time to stop listening to them altogether.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

They can afford to revalue much higher than what everyone here even predicts at 1 or 3 dollars US.

THEY HAVE THE ABILITY TO DO IT. The amount they will RV isnt known and has so much involved. TO be in the WTO it has to be at 1 USD.

Where is it written that WTO members must have a currency worth 1 USD? From what I've read there are many WTO members with a currency valued at less than a dollar. Some like Viet Nam are less than a penny.

Edited by MrRich
  • Upvote 4

You took the words right out of my mouth! While I have to respect any well thought out opinion, I don't have to respect the mouth it comes out of and unfortunately keep comes off as a smug little kid, believing he has all the answers, regarding everyone who disagrees as "stupid" (not to mention the fact that the need to attack people at all when stating ones opinion is a strong sign of immaturity), and just basically displaying a general inability to conduct himself as an adult. Respect must be earned and the best way to do that is by respecting others, especially those who believe differently than you!

And just real quick on another note.... where is the proof that there are currently 27 trillion dinars in circulation? Many continue to cite this figure but everytime someone says "PROVE IT" that question seems to just get ignored. And by proof I don't mean outdated articles from 2003 or even 2009, it's currency people it only stands to reason that the amount would have diminished continually since they were put into circulation.

And just real quick on another note.... where is the proof that there are currently 27 trillion dinars in circulation? Many continue to cite this figure but everytime someone says "PROVE IT" that question seems to just get ignored. And by proof I don't mean outdated articles from 2003 or even 2009, it's currency people it only stands to reason that the amount would have diminished continually since they were put into circulation.

I come off that way because I see so many people trying to rebute what itopics I might bring up and actually have no freakin clue what they are talking about and are just regurgitating the nonsense that all the gurus throw up all over the forums and its actually quite sad because if you just took the smallest amount of time to do ur own research instead of being spoonfed you might actually be able to hold an intelligent debate

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 14

I agree, nothing makes a person lose respect for someone more than a smug, Beastie Boy wanna be smugness that they should have left to the pros on Jersey Shore. And can someone explain to me how sitting on the couch playing Call of Duty or Black Ops all day makes someone a Foreign Currency expert?

I have always been a firm believer that a true professional does not mind a little friendly banter or debate and can do so without resorting to condescending or ignoring the question that poke holes in their theory. As soon as you see that, usually time to stop listening to them altogether.

Never said I was an expert....and just because I play video games means I must not know anything about anything? Hahahaha. I've spent more hours researching then most members here combined and they still can't grasp the concepts I bring up because they are too busy listening to conference calls about rumors that have no factual basis instead of verifying information themselves....and no one yet has been able to poke holes through what I was saying about the actual currency numbers especially since I posted the updated numbers as of last week....get ur lazy arse up and look for it yourself and u will be able to find it as well....a little due dilligence is required.....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 14

Never said I was an expert....and just because I play video games means I must not know anything about anything? Hahahaha. I've spent more hours researching then most members here combined and they still can't grasp the concepts I bring up because they are too busy listening to conference calls about rumors that have no factual basis instead of verifying information themselves....and no one yet has been able to poke holes through what I was saying about the actual currency numbers especially since I posted the updated numbers as of last week....get ur lazy arse up and look for it yourself and u will be able to find it as well....a little due dilligence is required.....

What part of that statement that you quoted didn't you get son? Probably read it with a silly little smirk going.

Again, regardless of your information, your delivery pretty much ruins any of your "read more than anyone else combined, blah blah blah". Honestly, whether you like it or agree with it, doesn't change anything for anyone but when I see your name or that pic attached to a post, I skip it.

Going nowhere and Going Fast kiddo.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 4

What part of that statement that you quoted didn't you get son? Probably read it with a silly little smirk going.

Again, regardless of your information, your delivery pretty much ruins any of your "read more than anyone else combined, blah blah blah". Honestly, whether you like it or agree with it, doesn't change anything for anyone but when I see your name or that pic attached to a post, I skip it.

Going nowhere and Going Fast kiddo.

That's awesome! You should skip past it because its more then likely going to go over your head anyways and I wouldn't want you to get a migraine Trying to think too hard....I would just feel terrible doing that to you.....its tough being old isent it?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 13

Where is it written that WTO members must have a currency worth 1 USD? From what I've read there are many WTO members with a currency valued at less than a dollar. Some like Viet Nam are less than a penny.

I agree about the statement about it stating nowhere that they must come out at least 1 usd , however they are not going to let them become a member with their currency at its current rate and have a trading advantage not going to happen and last time I checked Vietnam does not have the oil Iraq has.What does Vietnam have for trade Rice.that is like comparing Gold to silver..

I think the only prerequisite for Iraq to be in the WTO is that they have to have an internationally recognizable currency. There is no stipulation as to the value.

That being said....it would be ridiculous to keep the IQD at 1170. So where does it go to????

I believe that answer should be clear very shortly...and we'll all know if the Keepster is full of Krapster.

Edited by jmilkey
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I agree with keepm, if you people would do some independent research you would see the numbers dont lie. Why does Iraq have to revalue? They dont.. Look at how worthless japans money is, they still operate fine. It doesnt matter how much 10000 IQD will get you at a grocery store if there is 27,000,000,000,000 of it out there. Yes, that is 27 trillion. It kinda makes a bigger impact when you numerically spell it out. Do a comparison of population, average earnings, GDP, currency in circulation, and cost of products in 3 major countries. Then plug Iraqs numbers in and you will see that it is in line with most others. Once they get the unemployment thing figured out over there it will show an even more parallel line with other powerful countries. Its all about where the decimal place is.

On a side note, how is it feasible to believe that a country can one day just say "Hey there rest of the world, today our money is going to be worth 3000 times what it was yesterday. Just wanted to let you know..." I mean really.. I got in this on the belief that it would slowly rise and bring a decent return kinda like Germany post-WW2. But hey what do I know Im a young punk too....

YAY, i got a negative on my first post after taking a couple months off within 2 minutes!!!

Logic fails you sheep members!! This is why i took time away from here in the first place!

Edited by Seff
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I agree about the statement about it stating nowhere that they must come out at least 1 usd , however they are not going to let them become a member with their currency at its current rate and have a trading advantage not going to happen and last time I checked Vietnam does not have the oil Iraq has.What does Vietnam have for trade Rice.that is like comparing Gold to silver..

I'm not saying that no RV will occur, or that it won't be $1 or more. I'm just saying I don't know of any such requirement. Too many things are stated in the dinar forums as facts when there's nothing to support those statements. To my knowledge Iraq could enter the WTO with their currency at its present value. There might be pressure applied not to do so, but they would not be breaking any rules IMO.

Edited by MrRich
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On a side note, how is it feasible to believe that a country can one day just say "Hey there rest of the world, today our money is going to be worth 3000 times what it was yesterday. Just wanted to let you know..." I mean really.. I got in this on the belief that it would slowly rise and bring a decent return kinda like Germany post-WW2. But hey what do I know Im a young punk too....

You are forgetting one key thing here.......They devalued the IQD over night and at a blink of an eye, what makes you think they cant revalue or reinstate it over night at a blink of an eye?

• Upvote 4

I'm not saying that no RV will occur, or that it won't be $1 or more. I'm just saying I don't know of any such requirement. Too many things are stated in the dinar forums as facts when there's nothing to support those statements. To my knowledge Iraq could enter the WTO with their currency at its present value. There might be pressure applied not to do so, but they would not be breaking any rules IMO.

The theory I heard from Rudy explained it best in my opinion. It should probably come out from something like $1.20 to 1.70. Don't remember the exact rates but that is close. If it comes out too high they might bite off more than they can chew. If they come out at a rate lower than 1.20 Iraq will not get the spending power they want for foreign goods and other countries will buy up their currency too fast when it is traded world wide. the foreigners would then own Iraq.

But I also read that the IMF said Iraq should start at a rate similar to pre Saddam. Anything lower than $3.20 would be like a sanction against Iraq. And they could go much higher than that.

You just don't know for sure just who knows what they are talking about. Maybe I should go and figure it out for them. :D

• Upvote 2

ok, brand spankin newbi here. imho, and correct me if I am wrong here... to me it would not make the IQD a very tradable currency if it came in at 1cent...5cents...10cents... would it? It would need to be on par with KWD, USD, EURO, etc, etc. I am not a huge believer in it RVing over 1.50-2.00USD but probably in the .80-1.00 USD range. ANYTHING is possible though, and not a single person, including the so called guru's can call a date and rate. It happens when it happens.

The JPY (Japanese Yen) is tradable internationally and the exchange rate with the USD currently is $1: 80.755JPY

Edited by umbertino

What each person forgets is after a reval is a trade of equal value.

It is the one thing everyone doesnt have a firm grasp on.

They can afford to revalue much higher than what everyone here even predicts at 1 or 3 dollars US.

THEY HAVE THE ABILITY TO DO IT. The amount they will RV isnt known and has so much involved. TO be in the WTO it has to be at 1 USD. IMO It will come out in the low 3 dollar range and rise up in the first 2-3 weeks. HIGH meaning very high! Then it will settle back down to a reasonable floating rate... But it all remains to be seen.

I could be totally wrong.

The one thing is I always say it is my opinion based on a lot of reading etc. Most just give some idea of what is printed and what is dispersed in the USA and IRAQ... Blah Blah Blah.

They say it is SIMPLE and I sit here and smile. NO it isnt that simple and it isnt going to be .10 USD trade. I would bet on that, because that low would be shooting themselves in the foot.

AGAIN my opinion... I can not wait until this all happens so we can see who is right and who is wrong.... NOT ONE OF US KNOWS!

The hardest part is to realize that if they RV say 3 dollars their currency is now worth more. EVEN exchange. You give them the amount and they give you what that amount is now worth.

I welcome any one to set me straight on this. Yet, I feel pretty good about this going well for all of us. I am sure we will all be plesantly surprised.

Be well all and be ready because the time is coming quickly... I AM JUST A DINAR OWNER not a PUMPER or OWNER OF EXCHANGE... Look at surrounding ME countries and their GNP! Compare everything...

PEACE...

Not trying to argue, just curious about the WTO $1 statement. Is Vietnam a member of the WTO?

The JPY (Japanese Yen) is tradable internationally and the exchange rate with the USD currently is $1: 80.755JPY

You cannot compare Iraq to any other country. The Yen may indeed take a jump because of the rebuilding that must occur now. Buying materials with an elevated currency rate is major plus. And Iraq has some major major rebuilding to do.

• Upvote 1

Over all this was a good post. Bottom line is no one knows. Over the last year that I've been invested and reading posts on several sites, it seems as most intel is nothing but a wish on someones part or a few minutes of them believing they have the answer. I have my view as all do as to the RV amount and even at times what I think the date will be, but what keeps me in the game and searching for all the info I can is I believe it will happen.

• Upvote 2

Ok Keep, lets just say there is 27 Trillion outstanding. You said you thought there was around 1 Trillion in our greedy little hands, right? So you said that the remainder is in country right?

Ok there is roughly 30 million people in Iraq according to World bank. But I went ahead and used 2009 numbers putting it at 32 Million. The average income in Iraq is roughly 500 USD a Year. Pretty damn poor.

Ok if you divide 26 Trillion by 32 Million that comes to around 850,000 Dinars. So that would be pretty close to 500 USD. Agreed?

Ok so that means that Every citizen of Iraq including women and children all would have a years salary in their pocket.

Ok, how many people on here and your kids and your wife / husband has a years salary in their pocket and/or bank account?

Do you think maybe a few trillion may not be in country? Maybe?

And even if this was the case do you really think their fine government is going to flush them with cash? More like an out of country RV and business as usual in Iraq till the big bills are pulled in and Oil share revenues on smart cards to keep the natives in check. Do you really think our gov would share the wealth with us? No they would cash out and put their new found wealth over seas safe and sound for the old Iraqi home. And that will probably be how it happens. Sad but true. Great for investors and insider politicians but crap for the citizens

• Upvote 4

GOOD THING THIS IS IN RUMORS---i AM GOING TO throw my 2.75-3.22 into the mix [i will not repost my opinion in that thread--delete it 'frankly I don't care----

Can IRaq support this range of possible RV/Ri rates ---yes without a doubt---thier real oil assets are there and more being confirmed as the oil companies are start exploreing again and drilling FOR CONFIRMATION THAT IT IS THERE!

we are not even taking into consideration the NAt. Gas fields which have been iqnored for all these years[why are they building a pipeline with jordan to transport the gas if it wasn't there and need to get it to a seaport], we are not taking into the possible GOLD reserves[they would not even speak of it unless the evidence were not there] that are there --the cresent valley ---agriculture ie Food production---and this is only the top three--who knows again what will be discovered in warp speed time as the outside companies come in and start exploreing for the next world class find!

Now just with the top three thier borrowing power is in zeros most of us can't calculate, they are doing that now in cutting thier deals to bring the country up to speed and a world leader

Everyone is fixated in Saudi Arabia as the world savior for fossil energy but if you have been following this for many years then you know the truth---THEY DON'T HAVE IT , they have been pumping salt water into their fields for years to make it easier to pump out the oil---explore---drill deeper hasn't happened---just lip service to the world-they might get another million barrles aday out but thier dleivery/refineing facitities are maxed out and fallin yearly---maybe m9.5 a day right now--LOL you been lied to and everyone knew the truth but didnot want to call a spade a spade--Kuwait ---same circumtance--how much was burned by the war--never had big PROVEN RESERVES to begin with--but doubled thier claim to get a bigger slice of daily sales --THEY ALL DID! and they lied to the world---Iran , they are already converting to natural gas and they have a lot of it also for domestic use, the hand writing on the wall limited supply of oil using the profits to further the extremist government-nuclear, you decide what they want to do with it--pick any of the rest of the opec countries and they have signed long termed contracts with Mostly CHINA in exchange for improvement projects for the country or to upgrade the old failing oil fields which have no modern technoligy implemented for more than 30 years, possiblly 50---case in point they have locked up venizula --CHAVEZ as he kicked out the american companies and the productuion has fallen steady for the last 25 years[won't mention it is heavy crude and expensive to extract and expensive to refine]

Oh that light sweet crude!--Iraq and I believe it has a lower sulfer content than SA.

To the point -Iraq has had no exploration of the exsiting fields it has ,what was done was using technolgy OVER 40 yes I said 40 YEARS OLD!--EXCUSE ME! --what do you think is going to happen when the oil companies start using the new tech methods just on the exsiting fields ---thier PROVEN RESERVES are going to go way up! How much who knows

how many new oil and Gas fields will be discovered who knows but just go back a few days to the KEYSTONE post about what they discovered and just comtimplate the possiblities

To Sum up ---OPEC lied to the world about what is truly there with out ever drilling or exploring for a new field just to increase their daily sales--- Hety trekis, the undiscovered country--LOL!

IRAQ was left alone due to SH --no wanted to get within a dinar with his picture on it and was left UNTOUCHED---

I am saying that IRAQ is one wealthy country, with the borowing power , sitting in the cat bird seat and can pretty much set it's own terms right out of the shute and these foriegn companies and COUNTRIES are pushing and shoving thier way to the head of the line

Lastly we never take into account the pride of these islamic countries , they all used to be tribal for the most part now they are forming larger coaliztions and becoming more interctive as a country--BUT you will never be able to surpress thier PRIDE when dealing with a rival tribe, or country whatever you want to call it, Democracy or not ---that is something western , that will take a back seat to being on a PAR with thier neighbors--- they money is there , they have the hammer and from the gate they will RI that will be competive with the rest of their ME neighbors

maybe not 3.22 but certainly 2.75 or better---though 3.22 can be easily supported , possbily higher as the new exploration reports new finds well drill making them PROVEN RESERVES, increasing thier borrowing power or in time finaceing it all by thier selves.

SAUDI ARABIA is shakening in their burnoose--they are about to lose the hammer! Iraq will take over as the dominant ME player

Sorry about this being so long and if it is moved to opinions that's OK--sorry there are no links but just following the month to month, years to year news and drawing your OWN concluisions will really excite you and give to the confidence to grow with this "under discoverd country"

DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THE SPELLING!

Capt. Cliff

• Upvote 2

You are forgetting one key thing here.......They devalued the IQD over night and at a blink of an eye, what makes you think they cant revalue or reinstate it over night at a blink of an eye?

And now there is alot more currency floating around right now then back then....

Sorry people there will NEVER be a $3 RV overnight take that to the bank, if that hurts some of you get over it

you were not going to get rich on this overnight this is a long term investment, now in 10 years maybe it will then be trading at $3 but not overnight

Edited by MPG350

I agree with keepm, if you people would do some independent research you would see the numbers dont lie. Why does Iraq have to revalue? They dont.. Look at how worthless japans money is, they still operate fine. It doesnt matter how much 10000 IQD will get you at a grocery store if there is 27,000,000,000,000 of it out there. Yes, that is 27 trillion. It kinda makes a bigger impact when you numerically spell it out. Do a comparison of population, average earnings, GDP, currency in circulation, and cost of products in 3 major countries. Then plug Iraqs numbers in and you will see that it is in line with most others. Once they get the unemployment thing figured out over there it will show an even more parallel line with other powerful countries. Its all about where the decimal place is.

YAY, i got a negative on my first post after taking a couple months off within 2 minutes!!!

Logic fails you sheep members!! This is why i took time away from here in the first place!

The ones who actually understand this concept are starting to come out of the closet! I knew I wasent the only one who comprehend this information! Kudos to you sir.....don't worry bout the negs lol just means a couple people are scared to face reality......

And now there is alot more currency floating around right now then back then....

Sorry people there will NEVER be a $3 RV overnight take that to the bank, if that hurts some of you get over it

you were not going to get rich on this overnight this is a long term investment, now in 10 years maybe it will then be trading at $3 but not overnight

Yep! Exactly why it won't shoot up overnight.....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 12

I'm going to make my prediction now. I predict that this thread won't go 13 pages! :lol:

The only reason it would not go too long is because people already argued against this viewpoint in the other thread. They don't want to waste time by reposting what has been said and known to be true.

Go $3+ RV!! Money Money Money!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-God2OwZg0

• Upvote 1

keepmwlknfny Junior Member Group: Members Posts: 1,619 Joined: 04-March 10 Posted Today, 09:18 AM This is GREAT news! If they can get the iraqis to trust the banks and turn in their physical currency for electronic funds then it will cover the issue of the excessive amount in circulation which means the rate at which they come out at can be significantly higher! I think this is the best news or plan I've heard in months! I guess the dinar gods heard my issue with the currency in circulation problem.

Just pointing out that Keepm has not always been so gloomy...plus it addresses his argument about currency in circulation...

TPR

• Upvote 5

keepmwlknfny Junior Member Group: Members Posts: 1,619 Joined: 04-March 10 Posted Today, 09:18 AM This is GREAT news! If they can get the iraqis to trust the banks and turn in their physical currency for electronic funds then it will cover the issue of the excessive amount in circulation which means the rate at which they come out at can be significantly higher! I think this is the best news or plan I've heard in months! I guess the dinar gods heard my issue with the currency in circulation problem.

Just pointing out that Keepm has not always been so gloomy...plus it addresses his argument about currency in circulation...

TPR

It's great to see Keep excited. He's a smart guy. Sometimes too smart for his own good.

I have been saying all along that the people who wrote this plan are some of the greatest economic genius' that have ever lived. They know what they are doing. My motto has been "Let Faith and Intelligence lead the way." We need to keep the faith folks. This is gonna happen and when it does it will be life changing for all of us.

Peace

Edited by tjmunson
  • Upvote 5