Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

No Toyota's --Too Bad

chuckray

I thank you for your post...I have had Ford and Chevy's my whole life...I will always buy an American automobile! I am proud to be an American! I don't want to trash talk the toyota owners, but they have had more recalls than all the Big Three since 2000! Follow the money trail...If it doesn't stay in America, your are supporting some other countries economy!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

The problem of making such a statement is that you have NO idea what is actually manufactured in the US or not.

Saying dont buy Toyota because YOU think it isnt made in America could be affecting a whole lot of auto workers in Alabama for example.

What do you have against them?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The problem of making such a statement is that you have NO idea what is actually manufactured in the US or not.

Saying dont buy Toyota because YOU think it isnt made in America could be affecting a whole lot of auto workers in Alabama for example.

What do you have against them?

the profits from a Toyota go to Japan---right or wrong ?

I just bought a new 2011 Tacoma ... On the sticker it says Manufactured in Texas ... Made in USA

right on--my point exactly

• Upvote 3

the profits from a Toyota go to Japan---right or wrong ?

right on--my point exactly

Hi chuckray :)

The answer would be right...AFTER they have paid their workers a fair wage and other expenses

that benefit american workers.

Let me ask you a question if I may...What other country actually had to bail out their major

auto manufacturers such as we did in this country...at least GM and Chrysler due to major

losses and financial abuse?

I do not have a problem with buying American, but I will not play the game of thinking we are the best

when it comes to how we try and handle our business affairs. We could learn a thing or three from

those countries some think we are superior to. It is a joke that over the years our auto

industry was gutted by so many abuses and that includes constant union demands in addition to the

typical mentality that some CEO's and others higher up within those companies thought they needed

to be treated as if they were some kind of "royalty".

So where did they end up? In bankruptcy and crying to Washington for bail out loans and government guarantees.

It is ok to support that which is made within our borders...it is another issue to state matters as if we were

'superior' to other auto makers. We are not, it is a matter of choice, and the fact that Chrysler for instance has

had to go to the government twice in 30 years for assistance to even run their business. That to me speaks

volumes about how we do business.

I do own an american car by the way, but would have no problem buying a foreign car preferably made in the U.S.

But I will not side step around just how shabby our auto industry has been run for so many years. At least Toyota

and Honda have managed their businesses in a responsible manner, and I hope GM and Chrysler will learn to do

the same, without tax payer dollars being thrown at them or any additional cries for bail outs.

Thanks for your thoughts :)

All my best!

Jim

---

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

These threads never make it very long but here goes.

How many people does Honda employ in the USA? Same question for Toyota, Hyundai, Nissan, Subaru?

How many do the big 3? An awful lot of the big 3 vehicles are made and or assembled in Mexico or Canada.

In my opinion buying a chevy or Chrysler is supporting the government motors program as well as Unions which is what put them in the spot that there are in now.

Ford quality has come a long way and are very nice cars these day's however, if you drive one 1,2,3,4 years old versus a 1,2,3,4 year old import(brand) you will see a huge difference in quality as well as resale value.

I am the used car manager of a very big car lot, so i am saying this with a ton of knowlage. I appraise every car that is being traded in as well as approve all service work on every car that comes to our lot, and it is much cheaper to get an 80,000 mile import up and ready compaired to "domestic" I am not saying that i am anti american brand, just stating a few facts. For the record i own an 03 Ford Excursion with 167k and other than ball joints i have had no problems. I have also owned many imports with well over 100k that i have had 0 issues.

Don't bash me to bad, at the end of the day i love all cars because selling them pays my bills...

• Upvote 3

Toyotas, Hondas, etc...Are NOT made in America!!! They are ASSEMBLED here...Most if not all their parts are not made in America...Still, you are supporting another country...Nothing against anyone...Praying for the people of Japan!

thanks for the back-up :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Toyotas, Hondas, etc...Are NOT made in America!!! They are ASSEMBLED here...Most if not all their parts are not made in America...Still, you are supporting another country...Nothing against anyone...Praying for the people of Japan!

You might want to research that a little.. you are wrong. At least with Honda and Toyota, they use factories all over the US to produce parts for the cars that are made here.

The gas pedal issue that Toyota had (that was bogus) any way the only parts that were replaced were the ones with the American made gas pedal in them. The one with Imported parts were not part of the recall

shwngo...I was not trying to affend you...Maybe the pedal was made in the USA...Who designed the part? Not USA...They built it to the specs of Toyota engineers...And I don't need to do any research on the subject...Wrong or Right...I try my best to look at the tag and buy USA...The fact is, without research, it is still a product of another country! Also, JD Powers said Ford surpassed Toyota in quality! BTW I am not saying Toyotas or any other products from Japan are or poor quality...If fact they are good cars...And one more thing, it does not matter to me how many parts are made for toyota in the USA...I would bet if you looked into it, since you bought the truck, you can find out exactly the percentage made in USA...When I buy, I do the research first...

Please please go and look at the "MADE IN" stickers on Toyota vehicles. The Prius, 4Runner, FJ Cruiser, and Highlander Hybrids are brought to the United States from Japan. That leaves a lot of the Toyota made in....AMERICA!! You will see at minimum 85 percent made and assembled in the United States on the Toyota line that I did not put in the first line. So the Corolla, Camry, Rav4(used to be Japan..not anymore), Venza, Highlander, Sienna, Tacoma, and Tundra(100 percent U.S. made) brought to you buy American hands. :D

The Tundra is the only full size truck designed and built 100 percent in the United States. If you doubt this, go cruise a Ford or Chevy lot and look at the "Assembled" sticker which also describes where the parts come from. :blink:

• Upvote 1

Well I'm off today so some many not like this but here is the fact.

Chevrolet is a division of GM, which is a US based corportation with manufacturing operations spread throughout the world. A majority of its manufacturing is still based in the the USA but that ratio continues to dwindle year over year.

Dodge is a subdivision of Chrysler. Chrysler is owned by the German based Diamler-Chrysler group. Their manufacturing operations are global as well but most of the Dodge plants are still in America.

Ford is a global company. Most of its manufacturing operations are either in the USA or Canada. Ford owns Jaguar and Land Rover, which is designed and built in Great Britain.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080216202848AAqzFvQ

So everybody makes evrthing all over the world. Everbody sell the cars and trucks all over.

So there are no real American made cars or trucks any more. In way or another you support another country.

So just get over it and buy what you like

• Upvote 1

So everybody makes evrthing all over the world. Everbody sell the cars and trucks all over.

So there are no real American made cars or trucks any more. In way or another you support another country.

So just get over it and buy what you like

DING DING DING ... We have a WINNER!!! :lol::P

And I know this is a little off the topic of vehicles and such but it is related to the main point of us becoming so inter-mixed and globalized now ... Those who drink Budweiser (or any other Anheuser Busch products) ... How is that Belguim beer tasting now? It is all about the Benjamins, which hopefully one day soon we will all have too and be able to buy our own local or foreign businesses and reap in the rewards. B)