Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY

MAMARABBIT02

Where's Jimmy Swaggart when you need him? Or Jack Van Impe, I am sure they could sell everyone a book or video that will tell us the truth.

Are you sure god didn't say, "go pay your bills and you won't have debt."

FIRST OF ALL I'LL PRAY FOR YOU. YOU MAY NOT SEE THE SITUATION ISN'T GOOD WHEN YOU PUT YOUR TONGUE ON GOD'S ANOINTED. I ASK YOU LORD TO OPEN HIS EYES, EARS AND HIS HEART AND DRAW HIM TO THE CROSS IN JESUS NAME!!!!

• Upvote 1

The word wealth is chayil pronounced khah'yil in Hebrew meaning wealth. The word for just is tsaddiyq pronounced tsad-dek' in Hebrew meaning just, lawful, righteous. Nothing about the earth. Your not gonna win this battle Rich. Dealing with someone who speaks the Language and studies to show himself approved, rightly dividing the Word of Truth.

Really? Theological trash talking? :lol: Okay, my exegesis can kick your exegesis' hind parts. How's that? :D

The original poster asked what the bible says about the dinar. The bible doesn't address the dinar or the RV of the dinar. You admitted that yourself. If, as some people believe, Iraq is the fulfillment of prophecy about Babylon then why would a Christian want to help fund it by buying dinar? Rev. 18 describes the wickedness of Babylon and instructs God's people not to have any dealings with it. I take the references to Babylon figuratively so I have no problem owning dinar.

Jeremiah 50 & 51 clearly state that Babylon will be destroyed and never be rebuilt. The city of Babylon was in fact destroyed in the 4th century BC. So if Jeremiah was right the Babylon of Revelation 18 must be referring to something else. As I mentioned earlier many bible scholars believe that Babylon in Rev. refers to the world system and the passage is meant to be taken figuratively. It's also possible that it's referring to another city as Babylon. Early Christians referred to the city of Rome as Babylon, and some bible scholars believe that Babylon is a reference to apostate Jerusalem. At any rate I think it's silly to conclude that any of this has anything to do with the dinar or the RV. God is no more relevant in this investment than He is when buying mutual funds, real estate, or lottery tickets IMO. Invest in the dinar based on the merits of the investment or don't invest at all.

Edited by MrRich
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

For example, he loved us so much he gave his son as a sacrifice for our sins.

End Quote

And what purpose did that serve? This world is still horrible and so much bad acts are performed every day, every hour towards the Innocent.. So that sacrifice appears to have been totally useless.. Why is it so difficult to acknowledge that?.

Edited by umbertino

For example, he loved us so much he gave his son as a sacrifice for our sins.

End Quote

And what purpose did that serve? This world is still horrible and so much bad acts are performed every day, every hour towards the Innocent.. So that sacrifice appears to have been totally useless.. Why is it so difficult to acknowledge that?.

If your going to quote it, quote it right. For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosever believeth on him, would not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16. Then Jesus goes on to say in John 17:3 "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." Eternal life is getting to KNOW GOD the Father, GOD the Son, and GOD the Holy Spirit. It is about relationship with the creator of all things.

Jesus' sacrifice had nothing to do with making this world better. This is a fallen world corrupted by man's sin. Jesus' sacrifice had everything to do with returning man to the Father so that we may live together forever on a new earth that HE is going to recreate out of this one. YES. God believes in recycling. In fact HE was the first to recycle.

Do you have children? Do you sacrifice for them? Even when they don't acknowledge or appreciate it? Does it make your sacrifices useless? HE doesn't think so either. The thing is, if you were the only one who believed in HIM He would consider HIS sacrifice a success. That's how much HE loves YOU!

Remember it is the one who gives that determines the value of the gift and the value of who he is giving it to, not the one who receives it. The one who receives has no idea of the cost.

Edited by keylime
  • Upvote 1

Of course the world his horrible. What you describe is the absence of God. Jesus' sacrifice was so that he could save the world, not condemn it, and anyone who believes in him and repents will be saved. He won't force us to believe that and he won't force us to join him in heaven. That's our decision. The Bible says that he doesn't want anyone to perish, but people choose their own path. If they won't acknowledge him, he won't acknowledge them on Judgement Day.

1 Peter 3:17-22 (NLT)

17 Remember, it is better to suffer for doing good, if that is what God wants, than to suffer for doing wrong!

18 Christ suffered for our sins once for all time. He never sinned, but he died for sinners to bring you safely home to God. He suffered physical death, but he was raised to life in the Spirit.

19 So he went and preached to the spirits in prison—20 those who disobeyed God long ago when God waited patiently while Noah was building his boat. Only eight people were saved from drowning in that terrible flood. 21 And that water is a picture of baptism, which now saves you, not by removing dirt from your body, but as a response to God from a clean conscience. It is effective because of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. 22 Now Christ has gone to heaven. He is seated in the place of honor next to God, and all the angels and authorities and powers accept his authority.

• Upvote 2

How can anyone hold faith in the bible when it contradicts itself MULTIPLE times?

You can't take one verse from the Bible and compare it to another verse in the Bible and then say, AHA, a contradiction! You have to take that verse in the context of the surrouding passages to see the full meaning of the text.

But when you ask how can anyone hold faith, my faith comes from believing that Jesus was a real person that lived, died and was resurrected. Not just based on the Bible but from historical and allegorical facts from history. In the bible Jesus says, (paraphrasing here) that All Scripture is good for study. Now, if I believe Jesus is who he says he is, God, then anything he says to me I would believe. So, it doesn't matter to me if there is an apparrent contradiction, or if someone says that according to the Bible the earth is only 6,000 yrs old, how do you account for the age of dinosaurs, and the age of the earth, etc... It doesn't matter! His ways are not my ways, and my mind wouldn't understand, so I just trust in him and I'm sure he will provide me with all the answers when he comes back.

<----------------------Sweet Platinum!!!! AHahahaha!!!!

• Upvote 2

You can't take one verse from the Bible and compare it to another verse in the Bible and then say, AHA, a contradiction! You have to take that verse in the context of the surrouding passages to see the full meaning of the text.

But when you ask how can anyone hold faith, my faith comes from believing that Jesus was a real person that lived, died and was resurrected. Not just based on the Bible but from historical and allegorical facts from history. In the bible Jesus says, (paraphrasing here) that All Scripture is good for study. Now, if I believe Jesus is who he says he is, God, then anything he says to me I would believe. So, it doesn't matter to me if there is an apparrent contradiction, or if someone says that according to the Bible the earth is only 6,000 yrs old, how do you account for the age of dinosaurs, and the age of the earth, etc... It doesn't matter! His ways are not my ways, and my mind wouldn't understand, so I just trust in him and I'm sure he will provide me with all the answers when he comes back.

<----------------------Sweet Platinum!!!! AHahahaha!!!!

So don't confuse you with any facts....Your mind is made up. Isaiah 1:18 says to USE our powers of reason. The Bereons were COMMENDED for searching the Bible to find their answers. You say don't worry about it and just believe....Critical thinking goes out the window huh?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

So don't confuse you with any facts....Your mind is made up. Isaiah 1:18 says to USE our powers of reason. The Bereons were COMMENDED for searching the Bible to find their answers. You say don't worry about it and just believe....Critical thinking goes out the window huh?

No, not at all, Faith is the important thing. I was saved when I was 17 but fell away from my faith when I became separated from my Church and for 28 years I did not return to Church because I had questions that went unanswered. It wasn't until after I returned to Church that I received the answers that I was seeking. Funny how all that turned out... tongue.gif The Bible says we are supposed to give a reason for our faith and show ourselves approved. I've never been very good at memorizing scriptures but I read the Bible, not as much as I should, and I'm amazed at how intertwined and prophetic all the scriptures are. If you know what the story is about in your heart, its amazing what you can discover about God and yourself. smile.gif

Oh and Facts, I love Facts! Its amazing how some people confuse somethings as Facts when they're just theory. ie Evolution.

• Upvote 2

Many bible scholars think the references to Babylon in prochecy are referring to the world system which will fail in the end times. If that's true it's wrong to believe that a literal city or kingdom of Babylon will be rebuilt. I don't understand Christians who buy dinar thinking that this is the fulfillment of bible prophecy when the bible also tells believers not to have anything to do with Babylon.

Because the Bible says that the wealth of the wicked is laid up for the righteous! We are only righteous in HIM! However, great wealth has to transfer into the hands of those that want to enhance His Kingdom . . . we must be prepared for the great harvest to come in. Also, that we have funds to give when HE says, Give. He will put money in the hands of those HE can trust . . . those that will declare His Name over all the earth. Have a blessed day! ~ Sonnet

I promise that I am not here for greed. I am here because I believe the Lord is giving me an opportunity to acquire wealth so that I can put it into His Kingdom. I want to spread the, "Good News." I believe that great wealth will come to those that love HIM in 2011 to save for what is coming in 2012! I think that it is going to get rough and there will be great need and we can help. ~ Sonnet

• Upvote 1

How can anyone hold faith in the bible when it contradicts itself MULTIPLE times?

Can you be more specific with your personal observation of apparent scriptural contradiction? I believe the Bible is inerrant and therefore 'hold faith' precisely because it does not contradict itself.

George

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Can you be more specific with your personal observation of apparent scriptural contradiction? I believe the Bible is inerrant and therefore 'hold faith' precisely because it does not contradict itself.

George

This will not get you anywhere. I believe that bane and others choose not to believe because they would have to change their lifestyle and do not want to do that. The things of this world have not grown STRANGELY DIM to them........................yet.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The most important Biblical references, to live by daily, are Jesus' admonitions: "Love one another as I have loved you," and "For you will know neither the day nor the hour of my coming." IMO, this makes ALL the attempts, scholarly or otherwise, at interpreting Revelations to glean info from it a waste of time. We've seen numerous prophecies over thousands of years that declared "The end times are here." None came to pass. How can we, in our intellectual arrogance, now anoint ourselves as THE experts of all time on this subject?

Bottom line: Give up spending energy on what is, in the final analysis, only useless speculation. Live your life the best you know how. If you do so, you won't have anything to worry about come "The Day," whenever that may be. The Iraqi Dinar will take care of itself, one way or the other. JMO.

• 4 weeks later...

MY HEART IS TO SEEK THE KINGDOM OF GOD FIRST, AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS, AND ALL THESE THINGS SHALL BE ADDED UNTO ME.

I AM ALREADY RICH!!! RICH IN JESUS CHRIST!!!!

MY HEART IS TO LAY UP TREASURES IN HEAVEN....AS MATTHEW 6: 20 SAYS....

I WILL TRUST IN MY LORD!!! I KNOW HE IS ABLE!!!!

King James Bible

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

Ephesians 3:20

• Upvote 2

Revelation 18:3 says, "the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies." The glory of Babylon will not last however, because verses 10 - 24 talk about her fall. Verse 15 says, "the merchants of these things, which were made rich by her." Verse 17 says, "For in one hour so great riches is come to nought."

I for one, do believe the Bible is absolutely true! I will get my dinar money and get out quickly.

It dosn't matter if you get out quickly....your riches will come to nought..(total global financial collapse)sad.gif

• Upvote 1

There are two cities in the Bible, mentioned more times than any others.

1. Jerusalem=the City of God

2. Babylon=the city of man

Jerusalem is pictured as a special city in the plan and purpose of God. Jerusalem is the place where

God made peace with all mankind as His Son (Jesus) hung on the cross. Suffered and died for all

who would believe.

Babylon 1st appears in the Bible in Genesis and its last appearance is in Revelations when it is once again destroyed by the Hands of our Lord.

Just as Jerusalem represents the plans and purpose of God (God's promises to Noah)

Babylon represents the purposes of man.(defiance of Gods plan, other religions, worship of

false gods, worship of self and self gorification)

Without going too deep into Scripture; The 1st war in the Bible was between Jerusalem and Babylon.

The last war recorded will also be between Jerusalem and Babylon.

The whole course of human history is essentially "A tale of these two cities" and WHO they represent.

Actully human history can be viewed as Satan's(antichrist) attempt to bring back the fallen or old

Babylon. His desire is to create a global order in which all mankind-every empire in the world- will

in effect, creates a kingdom that defies our Creator, God. Like in the days of Noah. This is what

Babylon is.......a false religion, church of antichrist.

As we can see, this Babylon is being built right now. Everyday we see and hear more defiance, rebellion and blasphemy against our Lord. But, our Lord and KinG will return and this Babylon will

be destroyed as it will be the last battle..PRAISE-THE-LORD.

Until that time....GOD intends for the salt-of the earth (His church or His people) to carry His

Good News thru out the world.......

IF IT TAKES MONIES FROM THE MIDDLE EAST TO DO SO....THEN SO BE IT

i like this theory the best makes living in this time exciting to think of it this way i think your right

• Upvote 1

If you will read Revelation 1:4 you will see who the book was written to, the seven churches of Asia. Revelation tells of things which must "soon take place". Do you really think John would be writing about the Iraqi dinar to people who were being persecuted to the point of death? Me either.

Very Very interesting posts...........

I highly recommend EVERYONE to read: The coming Economic Armageddon by Jeremiah David. Believers and NON - believers. I do NOT know who posted a link to this book last week but I want to personally Thank him/her. It has really opened my eyes and gave me an understanding of what is happening in our world today and what is to come. This will be the best $10 you have spent ( it was for me)

I am sorry to tell you that unfortunetly (sp) there is evil in this world because there is a creature named Satan who is lurking and waiting for his prey-

GOd Bless each and everyone of you and Thank you for sharing......

• Upvote 1

:) WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT THE IRAQI DINAR?

SCRIPTURES PLEASE....TY

There is a book that has been published for eons on end. READ THE RED WORDS. Maybe the answer is there. With so many beliefs these days, ask around, maybe someone knows it's name. Wealth does not come from money! Money just eases the pain for a short while. Slay.

• Upvote 1

Many bible scholars think the references to Babylon in prochecy are referring to the world system which will fail in the end times. If that's true it's wrong to believe that a literal city or kingdom of Babylon will be rebuilt. I don't understand Christians who buy dinar thinking that this is the fulfillment of bible prophecy when the bible also tells believers not to have anything to do with Babylon.

The bible will alwys have a literal meaning first. My questions to you are what is God telling you personally and how about the people of Babylon, should we forget about them? Should you stop praying for them? Forget the scholar and seek God first dude!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Really? Theological trash talking? :lol: Okay, my exegesis can kick your exegesis' hind parts. How's that? :D

The original poster asked what the bible says about the dinar. The bible doesn't address the dinar or the RV of the dinar. You admitted that yourself. If, as some people believe, Iraq is the fulfillment of prophecy about Babylon then why would a Christian want to help fund it by buying dinar? Rev. 18 describes the wickedness of Babylon and instructs God's people not to have any dealings with it. I take the references to Babylon figuratively so I have no problem owning dinar.

Jeremiah 50 & 51 clearly state that Babylon will be destroyed and never be rebuilt. The city of Babylon was in fact destroyed in the 4th century BC. So if Jeremiah was right the Babylon of Revelation 18 must be referring to something else. As I mentioned earlier many bible scholars believe that Babylon in Rev. refers to the world system and the passage is meant to be taken figuratively. It's also possible that it's referring to another city as Babylon. Early Christians referred to the city of Rome as Babylon, and some bible scholars believe that Babylon is a reference to apostate Jerusalem. At any rate I think it's silly to conclude that any of this has anything to do with the dinar or the RV. God is no more relevant in this investment than He is when buying mutual funds, real estate, or lottery tickets IMO. Invest in the dinar based on the merits of the investment or don't invest at all.

Scooby Doo, you and I have conversed before. You know as well as myself, the only scholar is yourself. I enjoy making my own decisions. I'm sure you do as well! The fastest way to start a great big fight is through Politics and Religion, so I'm bugging out for now. Just not up to it today. We're having a really bad chemtrail day today here on the East Coast. More storms on the way tomorrow. Have a good 1. Slay.

• Upvote 1